PDA

View Full Version : Possible Fix for "Dust to Dust" Achievement/Trophy

risummm
12-08-2010, 07:39 AM
The game is fixed around Memories. Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, all revolves around the topic "Memories". Of course, it also revolves around Lies, Permission etc., but right now, let's focus on the Memories part.
Quite a bit of the "Ending Theories" suggest that Desmond has gone crazy from the Animus - or he has never left it, or his son is reliving Desmond's life, as well as Ezio's. Those theories match up with my idea.

I was very annoyed by not being able to run through Modern-Day Monteriggioni anymore. So annoyed that it has come to this - another un-original post, about the "Dust to Dust" Achievement/Trophy.
But this is not a plea, a question, about how I can get it. I know the answer to this. I am suggesting a new, an additional, way of running around Monteriggioni, once more, but as another fresh assassin.

It's simple, really. Instead of the "Leave Animus" option displayed at the stand-by Animus Interface, add the "Alternate Memories" command.
It would let you play as Desmond. You would leave the Animus, as you have seen him do other times. You would be able to do the same things - find artefacts.

The in-game explanation would be, that due to side-effects of the Animus, Desmond would have a trouble living the real life, and would therefor get help to do so, using the Animus. That is why he is able to relieve the Monteriggioni sequences.