PDA

View Full Version : Guard's having meele attacks.

stealthmaster736
02-05-2005, 11:25 AM
In SC:CT do guard's have any type of meele attacks.They should at least be able to hit you with the butt of their gun.Because in the first SC games guard's alway's relied on there gun's packed with infinite ammo.If you get to close and you don't immediantly press the trigger a guard should hit you with the butt of his gun.And here's another thing, if there are 2 guard's that noticed you and you are trying to deal with one the other one could save ammo(not like he would need to)by sneaking up on you and hit you in the head with his gun's butt...So although isn't not neecasary does anyone know if guard's have any type of meele move.Or if they can protect themselves during meele.

stealthmaster736
02-05-2005, 11:25 AM
In SC:CT do guard's have any type of meele attacks.They should at least be able to hit you with the butt of their gun.Because in the first SC games guard's alway's relied on there gun's packed with infinite ammo.If you get to close and you don't immediantly press the trigger a guard should hit you with the butt of his gun.And here's another thing, if there are 2 guard's that noticed you and you are trying to deal with one the other one could save ammo(not like he would need to)by sneaking up on you and hit you in the head with his gun's butt...So although isn't not neecasary does anyone know if guard's have any type of meele move.Or if they can protect themselves during meele.

chaos_theory16
02-05-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure about that, I haven't heard anything about it. But that's an awesome idea. Never thought of that before.

As soon as you said sneaking up, I thought you were gonna finish it off with using Fisher as a hostage, grabbing you from behind. Haha, maybe once you're grabbed, you'd could pull some moves off. Such as "Reverse Shield" or something, which grabs the guard holding on to you from behind, using him as a human shield. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif But, that's not right. Sam is the stealthy fellow here.

Knot3D
02-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Hmmm.. strange actually, we haven't heard anything about the gaurd's having melee attacks. Imo they should be able to.

In MGS2, if you'd come to close to an attacking guard he'd kick you.

stealthmaster736
02-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Yeah.And if merc's have meele attack's guard's should also.If I were a guard I wouldn't alway's rely on my gun.Especially if the enemy is 6 inches away from me.I would try to knock him down with the butt of my gun and then shoot him.Or at least kick him.

BlacK-HawK47
02-05-2005, 12:05 PM
i think they already have that ingame...

Knot3D
02-05-2005, 01:01 PM
it would be more realistic if the guards in SP also carry combat knives (not all of them though)

suomursu
02-05-2005, 01:44 PM
yeah and they would have limited ammo in their rifles and after that ammo ran out they would use pistols and after that ammo runs out they would just run away :P

c_f_logan
02-05-2005, 01:53 PM
That would be good, as long as the melee attacks aren't like in SOCOM: US Navy SEALs, where its 1 rifle butt and your dead.

ChaosTheory13
02-05-2005, 05:18 PM
well there arent melee attacks but i dont think you will actually get close to them often like that...well....oh god...cant find my words....

ok whatever but the gaurds from what i heard take cover and stay away from you.they hide behind objects and they go prone.

raleigh_whisp
02-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Whatever, if I was a gaurd and I had an AK, I woulden't hit someone with my gun... I would shoot them... because thats what I'm supposed to do... with a GUN. A knife would only be cool if they only used it when they first saw you and didn't have time to take out their gun. But if they already have their gun out, or they don't have a knife, they should DEFENATLY shoot the **** out of you (they ARE trying to kill you).

stealthmaster736
02-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Well you know how you can run up to a guard and stab him with the knife.When you run up to him he could quickly try to attack you.Or like I mentioned earlier if you have your back turned to an enemy he could save ammo by using a meele attack.And if some guard's had knifes it would be really awesome.Especially since it would be a one hit kill on Sam.That would bring up the difficulty.

SikoraB
02-05-2005, 05:27 PM
That would be really cool, kinda like in SvM but it should only happen once in a while, and on hard difficulty it should happen almost everytime.

ChaosTheory13
02-05-2005, 05:29 PM
i know a sweet melee attack.ok,since there is a japanese stage.the guards should have a baretta on there guns because thats what the japanese do.and the guards will try to stab you with it.

stealthmaster736
02-05-2005, 05:35 PM
The Japanese should actually know some Martial art's moves.I saw some screenshot's of some regular Japanese citizen's.And I was thinking about what would happen if one knew martial art's and used it on Sam.

ChaosTheory13
02-05-2005, 05:41 PM
one of the japanese people should be jet lee. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

stealthmaster736
02-05-2005, 05:49 PM
It would probably be a cameo.If you look at each Japanese person's face carefully you would eventually see Jet lee.I would get caught on purpose just to see what happens.

SpiderFreak
02-05-2005, 06:15 PM
I think it'd be sweet. It'd make you a lot more carful when your closer to a guard. Because if he caught you two feet away from him, he'd try and hit you in the head, then shoot you.

SF

liquid_chaos
02-05-2005, 06:20 PM
back to the topic I think that if Sam is close enough the guards should attempt melee if their aware of him being there. Sam would also be capable of attempting to counter the move

stealthmaster736
02-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Counter attacks.Hmm...

ChaosTheory13
02-05-2005, 09:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by liquid_chaos:
back to the topic I think that if Sam is close enough the guards should attempt melee if their aware of him being there. Sam would also be capable of attempting to counter the move <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
that is basically CQC like in mgs3.

stealthmaster736
02-05-2005, 09:18 PM
And that wouldn't be a bad thing.I wouldn't consider it being copying MGS.Bacause it's realistic.

ChaosTheory13
02-05-2005, 09:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stealthmaster736:
And that wouldn't be a bad thing.I wouldn't consider it being copying MGS.Bacause it's realistic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
it would be copying mgs3 if it did the exact same thing.

Buder08
02-06-2005, 11:32 AM
CQC is CQC mgs doesnt own it so it wouldnt come close to copying them. I think guards definetly should hit you with their gun if there close like that.

liquid_chaos
02-06-2005, 11:49 AM
It should have way different moves than MGS3 except for certain situations (their aren't many different ways of hitting someone with a rifle butt).

It all depends on if they can pull it off well.

e_con
02-06-2005, 12:47 PM
i played mgs3. it sucked. the camera angles are horrible. the dialogue is too much. the exclamation marks on the guards heads are unrealistic. the AI is like sc1. why even compare it with chaos theory. sam would wipe the floor with snake.

stealthmaster736
02-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Guards should also be able to kick Sam.At least if they have a small Handgun.

DarKA55ASSIN
02-06-2005, 03:05 PM
or they should have some counter attacks or grab moves like in ninja gaiden,where like they could have a knife on the end of their gun and when u get too close to them,they could stab you with it

lilfriedmonkeys
02-06-2005, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKA55ASSIN:
or they should have some counter attacks or grab moves like in ninja gaiden,where like they could have a knife on the end of their gun and when u get too close to them,they could stab you with it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would they use a knife on the tip of their guns how dumb would that look on an AK-47 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif pretty odd but it would be more realistic if they would be smart enough to sneak up on you? like use the environment to get sam because in the first two SC they just stood there and waited to get sniped.

MI91
02-06-2005, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lilfriedmonkeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKA55ASSIN:
or they should have some counter attacks or grab moves like in ninja gaiden,where like they could have a knife on the end of their gun and when u get too close to them,they could stab you with it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would they use a knife on the tip of their guns how dumb would that look on an AK-47 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif pretty odd but it would be more realistic if they would be smart enough to sneak up on you? like use the environment to get sam because in the first two SC they just stood there and waited to get sniped. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif thats called a "bayonet" it's meant to be put on the end of guns, and YES AK-47's (no one uses AK-47's any more, they've been replaced with AKS-74's the difference is the size of the bullet and the hollow stock) BUT just look for bayonets and you'll find some on AK-47's (or AKS-74's).

zephyrus17
02-06-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm skeptical about this.. Some melee is good, but not too much till it becomes something like DoA fighting..

By the Way: Jet Lee is Chinese. From China.
Jackie Chan is from Hongkong, China. Bruce Lee is born in US, but is of Chinese blood. China.
And I'm proud of them.

HarkoninVSC
02-07-2005, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChaosTheory13:
i know a sweet melee attack.ok,since there is a japanese stage.the guards should have a baretta on there guns because thats what the japanese do.and the guards will try to stab you with it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a bayonet not a baretta.

SikoraB
02-07-2005, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by e_con:
sam would wipe the floor with snake. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hear hear! Although the MGS genre has an interesting story, and actually quite nice gameplay.

MI91
02-07-2005, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HarkoninVSC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChaosTheory13:
i know a sweet melee attack.ok,since there is a japanese stage.the guards should have a baretta on there guns because thats what the japanese do.and the guards will try to stab you with it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a bayonet not a baretta. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, a Beretta is a handgun, and the standard issue for U.S soldiers. And I think it'd be cool if some of them had Katana's (Japanese swords)