PDA

View Full Version : Gurus Unite!!!

DocSEAL
12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
There are many different threads on here and I see some common questions being asked. I'm going to be making a couple new stickies and I want to hear some suggestions. I already have a couple from Slugworth via IM, but I want to hear what some others would like to see. Post 'em here, plz.

slugworth01
12-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Thought of another thing ... switching between DirectX and OpenGL for people with graphics cards that don't support DX9.

devguru
12-07-2004, 05:33 PM
A generic fix for lots of different problems is to delete all saved games and profiles. Fixes sound and graphics problems frequently (but not always, of course), and crashing to the desktop. It's just a good starting measure.

DocSEAL
12-07-2004, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slugworth01:
Thought of another thing ... switching between DirectX and OpenGL for people with graphics cards that don't support DX9. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG! Are ppl trying to play FC with these cards??? Houston, we have a problem...

gain967
12-07-2004, 08:08 PM
how about a " if you think your question is stupid post here!" sticky, it would hopfully keep the ignorant ones out of the main arena of posts.

johns1234
12-10-2004, 01:35 PM
I want to know .. and I REALLY want to know ... When do we get a Far Cry Expansion Pack?
It is not like EA Games never does that. It doesn't surprise me when the Euros sit on
their laurels and lose momentum, but I know darn good and well that EA Games won't. So
who do we call? Who do we have to bribe to get a leak on progress that I know darn good
and well is being made on that Expansion Pack? When is it due out? I have the entire
MOHAA and CoD series, and I remember that it only took about a year to start bringing
them out .. esp the MOHAA series .. WHICH IS STILL COMING OUT !!!!! I just picked up
Pacific Assault, and it is super good. I am in the middle of the Expansion Pack for
CoD, and it is equally good. There's no way these guys are dropping Far Cry, and I know
it. So when? What's the big silence all about?

DocSEAL
12-10-2004, 11:49 PM
1) I'm not a Ubi, Crytek, or EA employee; so I have no idea.

2) What did this have to do with sticky posts? I had to scroll up and remind myself what the thread was about!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

pakmanis
12-11-2004, 03:54 AM
What topics do you have so far Doc?

Seeing a list might jog my memory.

DocSEAL
12-11-2004, 04:13 AM
I've been holding off watching the common new threads, but it looks like:

1) My computer/Far Cry keeps crashing.
2) My FPS are/seem low...how do I improve...
3) Why do I keep getting kick/lag in MP
4) My CD key is in use...

Just off the top of my head

D4dZ1lla
12-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Good idea DocSEAL!http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

i). Activation of HDR [on cards which support it]
ii). MP PunkBuster issues eg. whitelist violations / packetloss and how to beat 'em
iii). CD key verification requests / Login issues

Thanks

pakmanis
12-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks Doc!

Seems alot of issues would fall into one of those topics.

Like system min. spec. for MP (on the box) is imho not correct, connection issues (ie. firewall settings, XP issues), keeping your system clean and defragged, page file setup, etc... and of course the manual update of PB on a regular basis.

Quite a undertaking, but much needed.

DocSEAL
12-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Actually, most of answers (and thus the sticky) is here on the forum already. Just needs to be put together (like our favorite holiday toy quote on the side of the box, "Some assembly required." http://img52.exs.cx/img52/104/l5hnewyear.gif ) I just need to find some time to put them together.

pakmanis
12-12-2004, 05:40 AM
Weeding through thousands of posts without a working search function won't be fun. By the way, what's up with that?

Including Ping issues would be nice (it would be great to have a "Ping and you" flash vid too). There is always someone connecting with the ping from hell. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif