PDA

View Full Version : Crash to desktop at Splash Screen - Screen DOES NOT go black

Pages : [1] 2

Trigga187
10-22-2008, 07:58 PM
**EDIT**

IF YOUR GAME LOADS AT ALL, PAST THE SPLASH SCREEN YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT PROBLEM. THIS IS NOT THE POST FOR YOU.

Hey guys, I'm having a problem getting into FC2. I have it on STEAM and it had me activate it, but I'm yet to enter the game. When I load the game the splash screen shows for 5-10 sec and then the process FarCry2.exe ends with out error and I can now start the cycle over again.

I've tried everything I can think of. The benchmark gets slightly farther. it gets to a black screen for about 2 seconds before dying.

wcampbll
10-22-2008, 08:04 PM
i got same issue with my dl version from direct2drive--

Trigga187
10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Have you got it to work since or your stuck like me?

Tonkbar
10-22-2008, 08:09 PM
I've got the same issue, got a post on it too.

I've tried drivers, I tried fixes, I've uninstalled and installed this game more times than I'd have liked too.

I'm not running a downloaded version, I bought the game around 2 and a half hours ago and still can't make it work.

Trigga187
10-22-2008, 08:17 PM
ok, so we now know that all 3 versions have a problem.

What are your guys specs? lets see if we can figure something out.

Tonkbar
10-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Not entirely sure how to do quotes, but here's my post if it helps any:

Hi.

I bought myself a copy of Far Cry 2 today, I installed it as directed and attempted to play it. As you can probably assume from my posting in the first place, it didn't work.

I then looked online to see if there were any others with my particular problem. I came across a few people with similar issues and was directed to download an ATi driver fix for Far Cry 2.

I uninstalled Far Cry 2, installed this "Hotfix", rebooted the PC, installed Far Cry 2 and once again attempted to play with the exact same problem occurring.

So far I've deducted that the auto updater is fine, that works straight off the bat and is quite happy, then I get my mouse turn into a little CD, so it's reading and checking ... then it brings up the starting point of Far Cry 2. (The little box with a pretty picture) ... then, it dies. The process is ended and there isn't anything more I can do.

So I've come to realise that it's not my ATi graphics card and I've come to seek some support.

I have a:
Duel Core 2.6ghz processor.
2gig DDR3 Ram.
ATi Radeon HD 4850 512mb Graphics Card.
Windows XP Pro.

I am running Zone Alarm Pro for anti-virus/firewall protection but had it switched off during the install/attempt at playing the game.

I have also noticed a few people complaining about this problem on other forums who are using systems that are different to mine, eg. AMD Athlon processors and nVidia graphics cards, therefore I'm under the assumption this isn't specifically a hardware issue.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Trigga187
10-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Took STEAM off the title, it seems this is an actual problem with the game.

wcampbll
10-22-2008, 08:45 PM
vista 32 bit home premium
intel 6600, xfx 8800gtx, 2 gigs mushkin extreme, ASUS p5n-e sli mobo, using on board 5.1 sound and nic, wd 500gb sata, gateway 24" lcd, dual lite-on dvd drives, thermaltake 700w power supply

vagrantwade
10-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I am having the same issue. Only I was playing the game for like 4 hours, got booted out, and now I can't get the game to go past a windowed loading screen.

Tonkbar
10-22-2008, 08:59 PM
I should probably add that most of the other applications don't work either.

for example:
FC2BenchmarkTool won't do anything but die the second it's started.

FC2ServerLauncher starts up but dies the moment you attempt to actually start a server.

I've also attempted to run these things from the CD itself, to which I get this lovely error:

Far Cry 2 Benchmark Took has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

The server Launcher has a much prettier error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attemot to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

- To which I clicked Details.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at FC2ServerLauncher.Game.InitDuniaEngine(IntPtr hInstance, IntPtr focusWnd, IntPtr renderWnd, String cmdLine, Boolean launchGame, Boolean forceGpuSynchronization, MessagePumpCallbackDelegate messagePumpCallback)
at FC2ServerLauncher.Game.InitEngine(Form mainWindow, Control viewport, String commandLine, ConsoleCallback callback, MessageCallback message)
at FC2ServerLauncher.MainForm.StartServer()
at FC2ServerLauncher.MainForm.buttonStartServer_Click (Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FC2ServerLauncher
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Executables/FC2ServerLauncher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- To which I clicked Continue and nothing happened.

Only the Setup.exe seems to actually work.

Tonkbar
10-22-2008, 09:43 PM
So ok I got bored and thought maybe the more information the better for anyone onlooking and trying to figure this out.

3 of us have complained about this so far.

We have all gotten the game in different fashions.
1 downloaded from direct2drive.
1 downloaded from steam.
1 purchased from a retail store.

We all have different processors.
AMD.
Intel.
Single Core.
Duel Core.

We all have different video cards.
ATi Radeon HD 4870X2 2GB DDR5.
xfx 8800gtx.
Ati Radeon HD 4850 512mb.

We all have different operating systems.
Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
Windows Vista Home Premium x32.
Windows XP Professional x32.

We live in different parts of the world.
America.
Australia.

It's difficult to class it as a hardware problem, but you'd expect many more complaints if it were a product problem. How would you define it?

Gevorg_G
10-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Happens to me to, I have a nvidia 8800 gtx, but all of you have ait.... so its not specific to ati.

jp1986
10-22-2008, 09:59 PM
I have an AMD X2 64 4200+, 8600GT & 2 GB RAM, new drivers + installed at 3GB, having the same problem. Tech support at Ubisoft has not been very helpful, they told me to download the new Nvidia hotfix and swore up and down that it would work on my 8600 even though it clearly said 8800+, of course it didn't work, next call I wait 45 minutes on hold just to hear them say that again...

wcampbll
10-22-2008, 10:05 PM
ive used hotfix/beta driver it didnt help either

Tonkbar
10-22-2008, 10:10 PM
jp1986 - Have you asked the tech support guys about the size issue?

I'd call them myself, but due to not having the funds to really put on a $2.40 per min call that'dd probably take 45mins to actually get through to anyone, I'm going to see if someone with funds can.

So far this size issue seems to be the only real thing that's constant between people finding issues actually starting the game.

However I'd like more info from more people before throwing accusations around about a faulty product/faulty install.

Tonkbar
10-22-2008, 10:13 PM
xXMorticianXx

Posted Wed October 22 2008 21:07

3.16 and works on Vista Ultimate 64

- I should really learn to quote http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Anywho, yea, that generally means it's not a product/install fault.

jp1986
10-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Unfortunately their live tech support is only open 9AM-9PM EST. They don't charge a rate but long distance does apply...

wcampbll
10-22-2008, 10:38 PM
now that ive tried everything else-going to try uninstall/reinstall one time (noticedi didnt have the gamer profile doc that other guy mentioned in another post under my games/far cry2 so maybe incomplete install somehow--well ill try once then give up for today

Tonkbar
10-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Alright, so a small, yet MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTING development. I got bored, installed it on a laptop that's running vista home and isn't capable of running the game very well ... and ... it works fine.

This places the blame of why this isn't working directly on the PC's on the individuals (including myself) who find it just won't work.

Due to our circumstances and how well we seem to understand PC's, I'm going to assume we all have some software installed on our PC's that this game is detecting and is therefore refusing to load.

Due to having problems and trying to fix them, certain software was downloaded by someone that bypassed all the security checks on the CD and it still didn't work, so we can just assume it has nothing to do with security software.

This is about as far as I'm going to get with information, hopefully it's been specific enough that someone will figure out the problem. Good luck to you, whoever you are and should a fix be released soon, I will have your babies.

Nerek2008
10-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey guys, so i registered to this post JUST to help you guys out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I was having the exact same problem since release, installed drivers, reinstalled the game, dl different copies and such but no luck.
Just saw on a post(TPB) that it was a problem with DX10. There is a hotfix you can install and solved my problem, also make sure to install the latest beta drivers for ATI and nvidia cards, im currently running a evga 280 but they work with most newer models. Here is the link for the hotfix, hope it helps you guys!

http://www.technospot.net/blogs/download/#dxxp

wcampbll
10-22-2008, 10:50 PM
might be on the trail here--used hotifx beta drivers from 21 oct 08 nvidia, unisntalled /reinstalled game--got the black screen and sound error (a move up for me) next i edited the file
Somebody probably solved this already. Anyway here's the fix for that black screen windowed when you first load the game. Go in your (user)\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2 folder and open up GamerProfile.xml.
Find (Maximized="0") change it to a 1 and save. Problem solved almost. Now load game and go to options and change dx9 to dx10 and accept then quit game. load game and go back to options and change your resolution to what ever you like then accept and play. Now the 180.42 drivers work great!

PS:I could not enable dx10 and change the resolution at the same time because game would go back to that black window mode.

so heres hoping--

TBlovescheese
10-22-2008, 10:51 PM
First, I have the same problem as you guys. I get a black screen when I load the game. I can even hear the "sounds" of the game. But my screen is black.

I tried to reinstall, updated my ATI drivers, tried the add 1 in the line and also tried the "Alt + enter" thing.

I'm on

Windows XP Home
AMD Turion 64 Moblie
1 GB or Ram

Running on an ATI Mobility Radeon X700

Please fix this Ubi...

Also does this fix the guy above posted work for anyone?

Tonkbar
10-22-2008, 10:55 PM
wcampbll - different problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ... we can't actually edit any gamer profiles because we can't create any ... because the game won't get past the splash screen. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

But thanks anyway.

Nerek2008 - Testing your solution as I type this. Will post shortly.

Tonkbar
10-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Nerek2008 - I WILL HAVE YOUR BABIES!

YOU = GOD
LOVE = YOU

You've done it, you've solved it. The reason it doesn't work for us is because of DirectX 10. We've probably all downloaded various versions of it and they've influenced whether or not the game has worked due to version. BUT YOU NEREK2008, YOU ARE A SEXY SEXY BEAST. The one you pointed to "
http://www.technospot.net/blogs/download/#dxxp" Fix 3! works perfectly.

I love you.
I won't dishonor you by making a new post with this fix, so I only ask that you do it yourself so everyone who has this problem can love you as much as I do.

Nerek2008
10-22-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm just glad i could help, i've been searching for hours on a fix or a solution to that problem so i'm posting it wherever i can to help others http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif great game btw, just liked Crysis graphics better =p.
take care guys

wcampbll
10-22-2008, 11:44 PM
im closer to working--got the intro and menu, seem to have a graphics issue
beta driver seems to go/conflict out when starting actual game play ---sigh

vaniljanaama
10-23-2008, 02:09 AM
I just don't get it. I bought my game today an hour ago. When I tried to launch it my ****ing heart nearly stopped!! I've been struggling with this game with a high blood pressure since I first time installed it. My computer should be fully compatible with this game. Firewall was off during install/launch.(always off..)

Intel Core 2 6600 2.40GHz
ASUS Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512mb
2GB DDR3 RAM
Windows XP Professional (SP2)

Any solutions??

Junkmale87
10-23-2008, 02:20 AM
Bump. I have the steam version of FC2, and also have this same issue. Loads the splash screen for 3 seconds, the goes straight to desktop. This is after Id been playing for a few crash-filled hours, crashed the last time and game wont boot again.

SLI'd 9800GTX+'s (tried with new beta drivers and with the current released drivers for my cards)

In my testing i found the non beta version of the nvidia drivers to work just fine, IF i disabled SLI mode. With SLI endabled I would get crashes to desktop. Working with the beta drivers i found SLI worked fine, the game played a little longer. but the crashes were still there and additionally more severe(required a restart).

I was unable to test performance issues any futher due to this new no-load splashscreen problem people seem to be having along with me.

SLI 9800GTX+'s
4GB DRR3 1800
Q9450
Vista Ult. 64bit

vermu1976
10-23-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi,

I got it working. I installed the new beta drivers. After that I still got the black screen. I hit ctrl+alt+del and got task manager activated. Then I just clicked far cry and the game started loading. What is funny that I couldn't get task manager activated with older drivers. Game is running nice and not stuttering at all. Hope this works for some others too. Btw the new drivers suck hard in crysis warhead.

Junkmale87
10-23-2008, 06:13 AM
@ Vermu1976 I dont think you were having the same problem as everyone else. Myself, like others are still having the splashscreen-autoclose problem. I cant get the game to GO to a black screen, or even start up at all. Nothing happens after the splash

toughman69
10-23-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm really looking forward to Ubi's reaction to this BIG problem.

pointfivezero
10-23-2008, 02:06 PM
I have the same issue. And I cannot understand it.

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
The problem at this point does not make since. I'll post what they have emailed me. It did not work for me but may for someone else.

=============

Response (Jason) - 10/23/2008 10:17 AM
Casey,

The type of problem you are having is usually resolved by updating your video card driver, and updating your Directx files. I've written details for doing this below, as well as other ideas to try if updating these files still doesn't solve your problem.

- Updating your video drivers:

Please visit your sound, video, and 3D card manufacturer's websites for the most recently available drivers for the components in your system.
Major video chipset manufacturers web sites:

http://www.nvidia.com - GeForce models
http://www.ati.com - Radeon models
http://www.s3graphics.com - All Savage model cards
http://www.matrox.com - G200/G400 models

Once you have downloaded and installed these drivers according to the manufacturer's suggestions then follow the next step:

- Updating your Directx:
Download and install the latest version of DirectX from http://www.microsoft.com/directx. For more help with this, please search the Ubisoft Database for how to update drivers.

- Please check to see if there is a patch available for your game at http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Category.aspx?dcId=63

Below I've written some other ideas for you to trouble-shoot and try if updating the video driver Directx was unsuccessful.

- Is your video card / 3D card supported for the game?
Check the game box to see if your video card meets or exceeds the minimum video requirements for the game you are playing. Also, check our FAQ to see if it is listed among the supported video cards for the game you are playing. If your video card is not on the supported video cards list, you may have trouble playing the game.

If it is supported -
Get the latest reference driver available from the chipset manufacturer (ATI Radeon model chipsets at http://www.ati.com and Geforce model chipsets at http://www.nvidia.com)

If your video card is not a supported one -
You may want to consider upgrading your video card to a more capable and powerful 3D accelerator.

- Scan your system for viruses
Even if you normally use Norton or McAffee virus scanning software, visit http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ or http://www.freeav.com to get a free online virus scan.

- Try running the game from the executable
Instead of starting the game from the start menu or the Autorun menu, try running the game directly from the executable file in the game's installation directory.

- Close all programs running in the background

(Windows XP / Vista)
Go to the Start menu, and choose Run. Delete anything on the Open line that you'll find there, and type in the work MSCONFIG. Click on OK, and that will bring up a program called the System Configuration Utility.

Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and choose Selective Startup (if it is not already selected). If you don't see this, make sure you've clicked on General, near the top of the window. Once you've chosen Selective Startup, uncheck 'Load Startup Items', and leave 'Process System.INI file' and 'Process Win.INI file' checked. Once you're done here, click OK, and let it reboot your computer.

Your Windows environment may look different and you may get an error relating to your sound device not working (ignore this for now). Try running the game again. If the game loads and seems to be working, the problem is most likely related to one or more programs you have scheduled to load with Windows. You can then revert the settings back the way they were, and in a trial and error fashion, disable some programs using the startup tab (in the msconfig utility) to try to find the culprit.

(Windows 95, 98, ME)
1. Reboot the PC
2. Once you are back to Windows, press ctrl-alt-del.
3. From the "Close Program" window that opens, the only two items that should appear in this list are Explorer and Systray.
4. To temporarily disable all other programs, highlight the first item in the list and click end task.
5. Continue this process until you have closed all programs except Explorer and Systray.
6. Start the game again.

- Run Scandisk
1. Click Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools
2. Select Scandisk
3. Select your hard drive. If you have more than one, you should scan each drive individually.
4. Click Standard
5. Check Automatically fix errors.
6. Click Start

- Run Defrag
2. Select Disk Defragmenter
3. Select the hard drive you wish to defrag and click ok.

- Remove files from the temp directory
1. Reboot the PC
2. Once back in Windows, Right-click My Computer
3. Left-click Explore
4. From the right pane of Windows Explorer, double click C:\
5. Double-click the Windows Folder, then find and double click the TEMP folder.
6. Remove all files from this folder.
7. Restart the Computer
8. Empty the Recycle bin and run the installation again.

- Uninstall and reinstall the game?
1. Uninstall the game by clicking uninstall from the Start menu, the Autorun menu, or from Windows Add/Remove programs.
2. Explore your hard drive for the game's installation folder
3. Delete this folder, then empty your recycle bin
4. Reinstall the game, then install any patches available.

_Please_ go through these suggestions as they very frequently solve these types of issues. If you continue to have problems, then feel free to reply and we'll try other ways to fix your problem. Thanks.

jp1986
10-23-2008, 02:20 PM
I'll telling you, installing Fix 3 off the link on Page 2 of this topic works, I was having the same problem and it totally fixed it and have been playing ever since. Developer support always sucks...

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 02:26 PM
You have XP correct?

Junkmale87
10-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Posted Thu October 23 2008 13:20 Hide Post
I'll telling you, installing Fix 3 off the link on Page 2 of this topic works, I was having the same problem and it totally fixed it and have been playing ever since. Developer support always sucks...

And im telling you that "FIX" does NOT work if you use vista. Im not running XP. that fix is zero help.

Giuliano.Marco
10-23-2008, 03:19 PM
wcampbll - I followed everything you said to do, and I'm happy to report it worked. (I was getting the black window in the top left quarter and African music playing).

I've set everything up, but haven't started playing yet as it's supper-time. I'm going to run the benchmark to check out my settings before I start playing tomorrow.

MANY THANKS!

My system spec:

Antec 3480, Corsair HX620, Asus P5E-VM HDMI, QX9650 @ 3.0GHz, OCZ Vendetta, 8GB OCZ DDR2, 2x750GB Samsung F1, LG Slim GSA-E50L, BFG GTX 260 OC, X-Fi PCI Express, Samsung SM245B, Vista Home Premium 64-bit, Nvidia 180.42 beta drivers, DirecX 10 redistributable (August 2008).

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I replied to the support guy and gave him the link to this topic. So maybe we can get some attention.

THE REAL PROBLEM IS FAR CRY 2 LOADS THE SPASH SCREEN AND THEN EXITS (THE PROCESS IS NO LONGER RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER), NOT A BLACK SCREEN PROBLEM, NOT A SMALLER WINDOW PROBLEM.

WE HAVE YET TO GET FarCry2.exe TO LOAD THE STUPID GAME.

Carrion332
10-23-2008, 04:22 PM
HOLY F@#$ING BUMP!!!

this is ticking me off to no end so I'm gona throw my specs in:

ga-ma78g-ds3h by gigabyte
amd am2+ dual core 6000 or wtv u call it
4gb of 1046hz gamming ram
500gb seagate sata drive
HIS iceq3 hd3870 512mb gddr4
deamon 580w supply

I've tried everything and every combo, i cant past the splash screen!

I Dont care how demanding i sound, FIX THIS FREAKING BUG RIGHT NOW DAMNIT!

Ubi you know what to go do with ur self!

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Update from Ubi... Guys please follow any steps that they give us... lets get this figured out.

=======

Response (Jason) - 10/23/2008 06:10 PM
To better serve you, we need two files that are in your system (Direct X and MS System Information). These files report all drivers for your sound and video card, as well as other vital information about your system that will help us in resolving your problem.

First, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. Download the latest version of DirectX from http://www.microsoft.com/directx. After installing DirectX, follow these steps:

1. From Windows, click Start -> Run.
2. In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and click OK.
3. Once the DXDIAG file is open, click on the "save all information..." button.
4. Click the save button to save the file as a text file to your Desktop.
5. Click on Start -> Run.
6. In the Open box, type "msinfo32" (without the quotes) and click OK.
7. When the program comes up, click on File. Click on Save.
8. Click the "save" button to save the file as an .nfo file to your Desktop.
9. Click on the URL (web link) for your incident in this email.
10. Type in your ubi.com login name and password and click Login. Click on 'My Questions' to find your incident.
11. Click on the question you wish to update and click 'update question'.
12. Type a response in the "Results and/or Additional Information" section.
13. Click "browse" and find the "dxdiag.txt" you saved earlier and click Open.
14. Click on the "Add Additional Attachments" button to attach the MSINFO32 file.
15. Finally, click Update to complete the incident

Once received, we will examine your system info and get back to you as soon as we can with a possible solution to your problem.

wcampbll
10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
ive got the game running-but it locks up after 1-5 minutes. screen freezes and sound loop starts. what i did to this point, did selective startup, edited the gamerprofile, disabled nic, turned off music, aero, uac, av, turned all graphics to medium with nothing else on (bloom, aa ect) only thing left to try is disable sound (going to try that next-on board realtek)

pointfivezero
10-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Do you folks have sound cards installed?

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Guys, if you want to help out get me this info and email it to me. I'll forward this on to Jason so he has more data to look at.

Email: casey@fragsngibs.com

Junkmale87
10-23-2008, 04:48 PM
I cannot believe ubi wont acknowledge this problem we're all having, you linked them this thread and they're still stumped? **** this game, its not even worth my time trying to fix I want a refund.

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Grab those 2 files for me and zip or rar them up and email me.

wcampbll
10-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Case: coolmaster
MB: ASUS p5n-e sli (650i)
CPU: intel dual core 6600
CPU Cooling: coolmaster liquid
RAM: 2 gig mushkin extreme pc 6400
Video: xfx 8800 gtx 768 mg (took factory overclock off)
NIC: onboard nic
PSU: thermal take 750w
Sound: onboard relatek HD (latest driver)
HDD: WD 500GB 7000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
HDD Storage: ?

pointfivezero
10-23-2008, 05:38 PM
I sent the info.

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Ok I got your DX info. I need your msinfo32 as well before I can send it to him.

Junkmale87
10-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I cant find a way to locate the msinfo32 file when i save it to desktop, otherwise id have mailed you both things by now.

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
When I did it I just went to: Start>RUN>msinfo32>When it opens>File>Save>I save to desktop, I also named it msinfo32>It will save as a .nfo file.

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Found this in my Error Reporting:

10/23/2008 12:27 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 359996544, type 5&#x000d;&#x000a;Event Name: PCA2&#x000d;&#x000a;Response: None&#x000d;&#x000a;Cab Id: 0&#x000d;&#x000a;&#x000d;&#x000a;Problem signature:&#x000d;&#x000a;P1: FarCry2.exe&#x000d;&#x000a;P2: 0.1.0.1&#x000d;&#x000a;P3: Far Cry® 2&#x000d;&#x000a;P4: Far Cry 2&#x000d;&#x000a;P5: Ubisoft Entertainment&#x000d;&#x000a;P6: 200&#x000d;&#x000a;P7: -1&#x000d;&#x000a;P8: &#x000d;&#x000a;P9: &#x000d;&#x000a;P10: &#x000d;&#x000a;&#x000d;&#x000a;Attached files:&#x000d;&#x000a;C:\Users\Trigga187\AppData\Local\Temp\{0b1 66b1f-97bc-454d-af4c-ceb8e283ca21}\appcompat.txt&#x000d;&#x000a;C:\Users\Trigga187\Ap pData\Local\Temp\Tab34BA.tmp&#x000d;&#x000a;&#x000d;&#x000a;These files may be available here:&#x000d;&#x000a;C:\Users\Trigga187\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report0c5f3600

I found an opened the last folder mentioned and opened the file with wordpad and got this:

V e r s i o n = 1

E v e n t T y p e = P C A 2

E v e n t T i m e = 1 2 8 6 9 1 9 5 2 5 3 5 5 8 0 5 7 8

C o n s e n t = 1

U p l o a d T i m e = 1 2 8 6 9 1 9 5 2 5 3 5 8 7 0 5 7 8

R e s p o n s e . B u c k e t I d = 3 5 9 9 9 6 5 4 4

R e s p o n s e . B u c k e t T a b l e = 5

R e s p o n s e . t y p e = 4

S i g [ 0 ] . N a m e = P r o b l e m S i g n a t u r e 0 1

S i g [ 0 ] . V a l u e = F a r C r y 2 . e x e

S i g [ 1 ] . N a m e = P r o b l e m S i g n a t u r e 0 2

S i g [ 1 ] . V a l u e = 0 . 1 . 0 . 1

S i g [ 2 ] . N a m e = P r o b l e m S i g n a t u r e 0 3

S i g [ 2 ] . V a l u e = F a r C r y ® 2

S i g [ 3 ] . N a m e = P r o b l e m S i g n a t u r e 0 4

S i g [ 3 ] . V a l u e = F a r C r y 2

S i g [ 4 ] . N a m e = P r o b l e m S i g n a t u r e 0 5

S i g [ 4 ] . V a l u e = U b i s o f t E n t e r t a i n m e n t

S i g [ 5 ] . N a m e = P r o b l e m S i g n a t u r e 0 6

S i g [ 5 ] . V a l u e = 2 0 0

S i g [ 6 ] . N a m e = P r o b l e m S i g n a t u r e 0 7

S i g [ 6 ] . V a l u e = - 1

D y n a m i c S i g [ 1 ] . N a m e = O S V e r s i o n

D y n a m i c S i g [ 1 ] . V a l u e = 6 . 0 . 6 0 0 1 . 2 . 1 . 0 . 2 5 6 . 1

D y n a m i c S i g [ 2 ] . N a m e = L o c a l e I D

D y n a m i c S i g [ 2 ] . V a l u e = 1 0 3 3

S t a t e [ 0 ] . K e y = T r a n s p o r t . D o n e S t a g e 1

S t a t e [ 0 ] . V a l u e = 1

F r i e n d l y E v e n t N a m e = P r o g r a m C o m p a t i b i l i t y

C o n s e n t K e y = P C A 2

A p p N a m e = F a r C r y ® 2

A p p P a t h = D : \ G a m e s \ S t e a m \ s t e a m a p p s \ c o m m o n \ f a r c r y 2 \ b i n \ F a r C r y 2 . e x e

Junkmale87
10-23-2008, 06:42 PM
I think we should be devoting our time to a refund instead of a fix that will never come. sigh...

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 06:52 PM
pointfivezero your data has been sent in. Thank you.

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Junkmale87:
I think we should be devoting our time to a refund instead of a fix that will never come. sigh...

I'd really like the chance to see how revolutionary this game really is to first person shooters. It just seems like they need to do more beta testing (I do beta testing for many a company guys, I really suggest you get public beta's out prior to release.)

DrakonWulf
10-23-2008, 07:59 PM
bump

I received the game today, and so far I've only seen the guys butt on the splash screen...

Not even the Dx10 trick worked.

Junkmale87
10-23-2008, 08:11 PM
I too have sent you my computer info Trigga, Gods speed.

Steelo1
10-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't understand how it worked fine yesterday when I bought it, now crashes after black screen. This is crazy.

Aguafish
10-23-2008, 08:44 PM
bought it yesterday, same problem. Tried reinstalling, nada. Tried updating the vid card drivers nada. Tried compatability mode, disabling aero, etc. Nada.

Trigga187
10-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Trigga187:
Update from Ubi... Guys please follow any steps that they give us... lets get this figured out.

=======

To better serve you, we need two files that are in your system (Direct X and MS System Information). These files report all drivers for your sound and video card, as well as other vital information about your system that will help us in resolving your problem.

First, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. Download the latest version of DirectX from http://www.microsoft.com/directx. After installing DirectX, follow these steps:

10. Type in your ubi.com login name and password and click Login. Click on 'My Questions' to find your incident.
14. Click on the "Add Additional Attachments" button to attach the MSINFO32 file.

Once received, we will examine your system info and get back to you as soon as we can with a possible solution to your problem.

Email me those 2 files in a zip. casey@fragsngibs.com

gipeo
10-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey Im having the same problem with the splash screen. Ive had the problem since the 22nd. I have never been able to get past the splash screen and I've tried every trick in the book.

Trigga 187, Ill email you my msinfo 32 and DirectX right now.

Specs:
Xp Pro
2GB Ram
ATI Radeon X1950 pro
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz

george175
10-23-2008, 11:33 PM
I have same problem but this isnt steam.I have rx1950xt,core2duo 2,13 ghz overclocked 2,5ghz,2 gb ddr2 ram,when I click on new game and in loading map my pc restarting me,in bechamrk frozen,,,,, help me please

george175
10-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Trigga help me please thx

lolzorer
10-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Epic rig you have there Trigger. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

toughman69
10-24-2008, 05:23 AM
The DX10 fix works for me fine. Now i'm able to start the game and haven't received any crashes so far.

toughman69
10-24-2008, 05:24 AM
Forgot to add that i'm an XP user.

melonhead11
10-24-2008, 07:53 AM
I was having similar problems attempting to run this game. I would get the splash screen, after a few seconds everything would switch resolutions and go black, then nothing. Updated all drivers and still all the same. I played around with the startup services and such. Turns out once I shut down my different antivirus services(F-Secure)for the startup it finally ran. Took some trial and error, but game runs smoothly so far; well, as smooth as my outdated machine can run it. I'm running XP, btw.

Melonhead

Close all programs running in the background

(Windows XP / Vista)
Go to the Start menu, and choose Run. Delete anything on the Open line that you'll find there, and type in the work MSCONFIG. Click on OK, and that will bring up a program called the System Configuration Utility.

Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and choose Selective Startup (if it is not already selected). If you don't see this, make sure you've clicked on General, near the top of the window. Once you've chosen Selective Startup, uncheck 'Load Startup Items', and leave 'Process System.INI file' and 'Process Win.INI file' checked. Once you're done here, click OK, and let it reboot your computer.

Your Windows environment may look different and you may get an error relating to your sound device not working (ignore this for now). Try running the game again. If the game loads and seems to be working, the problem is most likely related to one or more programs you have scheduled to load with Windows. You can then revert the settings back the way they were, and in a trial and error fashion, disable some programs using the startup tab (in the msconfig utility) to try to find the culprit.

jakeWA1988
10-24-2008, 08:03 AM
well this is what i did.
i went into
Documents-my games-Farcry 2
and then i delinted my profile but no my saved games and then it opend
so i changed all my options in farcry but left Direct X 9
seems to work for now

I am a vista32 user

DrakonWulf
10-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by melonhead11:
I was having similar problems attempting to run this game. I would get the splash screen, after a few seconds everything would switch resolutions and go black, then nothing. Updated all drivers and still all the same. I played around with the startup services and such. Turns out once I shut down my different antivirus services(F-Secure)for the startup it finally ran. Took some trial and error, but game runs smoothly so far; well, as smooth as my outdated machine can run it. I'm running XP, btw.

Melonhead

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Close all programs running in the background

(Windows XP / Vista)

Your Windows environment may look different and you may get an error relating to your sound device not working (ignore this for now). Try running the game again. If the game loads and seems to be working, the problem is most likely related to one or more programs you have scheduled to load with Windows. You can then revert the settings back the way they were, and in a trial and error fashion, disable some programs using the startup tab (in the msconfig utility) to try to find the culprit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yours is a different problem than the one we are having. We can't even get a black screen, only the splash screen.

GreenCobra1975
10-24-2008, 08:33 AM
I got one working solution for splash screen then process ends.

My rig:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/cache/banner/435627.png (http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=435627)

Might not work for all users but will for all that can run benchmark tool in DX10

Step by step:
1. Create a link on desktop for the "FarCry2.exe" in bin directory.
On my Vista x64 it's: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\bin\FarCry2.exe"
2. Add -3dplatform d3d10 at the end (1 space between FarCry2.exe like this: FarCry2.exe" -3dplatform d3d10
3. Start FarCry 2 with this new chortcut

Hopefuly this solve this for many iritaded buyers of this game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

chewbears
10-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Just made an account as I am a irrate customer with a game that doesn't work.

My Rig :

q6600 clocked to 3.45
4gig kingston hyper - x ddr3 1600
790i ultra
raptor special edition 10k
1000w rosewill psu
9800gx2 pny xlr8 180.42
windows XP 32 bit

I am getting to the loading map screen of both the benchmark and game and then it crashes or it just stays black. Sound is audible.

I would like some clarification to the fixes.

For the one where you modify the .xml file. I add 1 to the one section but IN Game I have no option to select DX9 or 10.

I have installed DX-10 for XP RC 3 (fix3) but do I have to uninstall and reinstall the game to get it to work?

I have yet to try to disable all start up items, AND I have yet to try to make the .exe 3d10 shortcut.

Thanks for everyones post here just would like some clarification on how exactly you all made your fixes work. ALSO my dxdiag says I am funny DX10 but the benchmark tool in far cry 2 does not let me select anything but 9 is this because I have to reinstall?
Thanks

Aguafish
10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by chewbears:

I am getting to the loading map screen of both the benchmark and game and then it crashes or it just stays black. Sound is audible.

You are having a different problem than the rest of a us. There is a fix for your problem located: Here (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12422&p_created=1224707033&p_sid=Cb-2x8hj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9Niw2JnBfcHJvZHM9ODgsMTg4MCZwX2NhdHM9JnB fcHY9Mi4xODgwJnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vyc y5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1)

chewbears
10-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Aguafish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewbears:

I am running windows xp not vista so those options do not exist. I have read every page of this thread and 2 problems are being discussed. One like mine and the not getting to splash screen. I am asking only for clarification on how to apply the fix to my situation.

You are having a different problem than the rest of a us. There is a fix for your problem located: Here (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12422&p_created=1224707033&p_sid=Cb-2x8hj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9Niw2JnBfcHJvZHM9ODgsMTg4MCZwX2NhdHM9JnB fcHY9Mi4xODgwJnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vyc y5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DrakonWulf
10-24-2008, 10:14 AM
it would be great if they released a small hot fix for this issues before the patch, so we wouldnt have to wait months or weeks to play our pre-ordered copies of Far Cry 2

Trigga187
10-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by george175:
Trigga help me please thx

I have sent in your info.

DrakonWulf
10-24-2008, 10:36 AM
ha!

i think this might help, I've followed Green cobra suggestion and added -3dplatform d3d9
instead of -3dplatform d3d10

in the process I forgot that the splash screen closed/minimized and went to check other stuff, I dont know how long it took, but it was way more than 10 minutes with no evidence of processor usage.

Then suddenly a black screen appeared, which after 2 minutes it loaded the main menu.

Can someone else try this so I can confirm it is not a fluke of my **** cpu?

ps: now im afraid to close down the game!

Trigga187
10-24-2008, 10:37 AM

=======

Please send in this info in a zip to casey@fragsngibs.com. Please add in your forum name and email so that Ubi knows who they need to talk to.

Also please make sure that the problem that you are having is the problem topic of this post. WE ARE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE SPLASH SCREEN AND THEN THE PROGRAM DIES, NO BLACK SCREENS SHOW UP, NO WINDOWS SHOW UP. THE GAME DOES NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO LOAD PAST THE SPLASH SCREEN.

I still do not understand how people do not get it... WE CAN NOT LOAD THE GAME AT ALL!!! IF YOUR GAME LOADS YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT PROBLEM!

Trigga187
10-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm getting quite ****ed off. Ubi's support site wont let me log in to check my support tickets. I bet they are really feeling the hurt right now. So if anyone has any rage in them and would like to call and talk to one of them (Like me) their number is: 919-460-9778

Aguafish
10-24-2008, 12:53 PM
It may be a problem with SecuROM, the copy protection software that is used on Far Cry 2.

OTHER PROBLEMS:

No error message - The game doesn't start at all or game process hangs (consumes up to 100% CPU load in the task manager).

This failure could be caused by a software conflict.

Taken From: http://www.securom.com/support_enduser.asp?t=2&ts1=11

Information on how to create the analysis file and to report the issue are located: Here (http://www.securom.com/support_enduser.asp?t=1)

And A copy of the email I sent them w/ analysis file attached:

Dear SecuROM Support staff.

I bought Far Cry 2 on the October 22nd when it came out. I brought it home and installed it. When I attempt to run the program the splash screen is displayed but the game does not begin to start, the splash screen then turns black and unresponsive. This is not an issue with hardware as pertaining to the game, I believe it may be due to SecuROM that is packaged with the game, any help you may be able to give with regards to a solution to this problem would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
(Name)

It would probably be a good idea if a few others reported too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Trigga187
10-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I only get to 27% max on any of my 4 cores. game never hangs. it just stops with out error. the proccess ends.

Trigga187
10-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Also, WE NEVER GET A BLACK SCREEN.

Aguafish
10-24-2008, 01:14 PM

1. Not the entire screen just the part where the splash screen was. It's not the entire screen.

This (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a80/Lost_It_Again/screen0.jpg) To This (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a80/Lost_It_Again/Screen.jpg)

2. Chill. getting all bent out of shape and yelling at me, isn't going to get you anywhere.

3. It still sounds like a problem with secuROM.

Mr_Slgger
10-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Time to go get a refund, this is shameful on the part of UBI

Mormacil
10-24-2008, 01:53 PM
I fixed my error:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=15210...631095696#9631095696 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=1521068375&m=1891065696&r=9631095696#9631095696)

gipeo
10-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Mormacil:
I fixed my error:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=15210...631095696#9631095696 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=1521068375&m=1891065696&r=9631095696#9631095696)

OMG dude thx man that fixed it for me too. All i had to do was remove that nucleus.dll. You are a god mormacil. thx for finding that thread! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Mormacil
10-24-2008, 02:08 PM
I made the thread XD Does that make me a bigger god? :P

I do now have an error when I launch the editor but it seems to work fine.

gipeo
10-24-2008, 02:10 PM
I made the thread XD Does that make me a bigger god? :P

I do now have an error when I launch the editor but it seems to work fine.

oo since u made the thread then i want to have ur BABIES http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif !!!!!! lol

GringoLOCOo
10-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Well i was really really looking forward to playing this game, hell i took today off work just so i could play it all day, and today tomy suprise i come home install it and problem 1 pops up it cant find the serial in the database

so i give it an hour or 2 and it works http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

then i quickly click on START THE DAMN GAME ALREADY and the splash screen comes up and i'm like this game is gona be so awesome and low and behold NOTHING BLOODY COMES UP AT ALL BESIDES THE SPLASH SCREEN http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

WTF UBI SOFT

I legally go out and PAY for the GOD DAMN GAME with MY MONEY only to find out the game is RIDDLED WITH BLOODY PROBLEMS

i've tried everything i can think of to get it to work but NOTHING

SO

i've only got two things left to try which is download that Dx10 final fix or go back to Dx9

which one do you guys think is the best one to try ???

gipeo
10-24-2008, 02:14 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=15210...631095696#9631095696

go to that thread and then do what it tells you about the nucleus.dll file. It worked for me.

Steelo1
10-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Aguafish:
It may be a problem with SecuROM, the copy protection software that is used on Far Cry 2.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> OTHER PROBLEMS:

No error message - The game doesn't start at all or game process hangs (consumes up to 100% CPU load in the task manager).

This failure could be caused by a software conflict.

Taken From: http://www.securom.com/support_enduser.asp?t=2&ts1=11

Information on how to create the analysis file and to report the issue are located: Here (http://www.securom.com/support_enduser.asp?t=1)

And A copy of the email I sent them w/ analysis file attached:

Dear SecuROM Support staff.

I bought Far Cry 2 on the October 22nd when it came out. I brought it home and installed it. When I attempt to run the program the splash screen is displayed but the game does not begin to start, the splash screen then turns black and unresponsive. This is not an issue with hardware as pertaining to the game, I believe it may be due to SecuROM that is packaged with the game, any help you may be able to give with regards to a solution to this problem would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
(Name)

It would probably be a good idea if a few others reported too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did the Securom deal withe AnalysisLog file and submitted it to Secureom. they emailed me back this mornig saying they found no problems or incompatabilities with the software on my system. So IDK.

Junkmale87
10-24-2008, 03:00 PM
This is bull****, half the people in the thread cant read Thus keep posting about OTHER problems they are having. Please ****ing READ the issue the rest of us in this thread are having before you post your ****ty problem that has a fix but you didnt look in the right place for it.

This is easily the worst problem Ive had with any game to date, its unbelievably frustrating.

Load game, splash screen appears, nothing happens. Rinse and repeat. Ubi fix your ****ing game or give pre-order customers their money back.

Trigga187
10-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that can read junkmale87.

I've edited my post so many times to try and get that through to people.

This is also the worst problem I have ever had with a game.

Ubi.Vigil
10-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Guys, as others have mentioned, please stop suggesting the nucleus.dll approach here as that is for a different issue.

Sincere apologies for the frustration this issue is causing you guys, I know how irritating it is not to play a new game the day you get it. Given that it is now the weekend I'm afraid it's unlikely we'll be able to provide or suggest a fix until next week however I'll be passing it on first thing in the morning on monday and trying to get a resolution found for this.

Junkmale87
10-24-2008, 03:36 PM
How about you provide me with a refund then? You shipped a non-functioning product to me. I dont even want to waste another second of my life trying to figure this out. Its maddening and i shouldn't have to do 30hrs of research to play a game I payed 50$ for.

Far cry 2 is ruined for me, I don't want to play it anymore. there are many other games and many other company's who can produce a working product Id much rather spend my money/time with them.

Ubisoft if you care even a little about your consumers please provide me with restitution. I just want my money back. I PREODERED a 50$ paper weight.

Trigga187
10-24-2008, 03:38 PM
I can't tale it anymore either... I'm done... $50 please.

Junkmale87
10-24-2008, 03:45 PM
REFUND NOW.

Take the weekend off, you guys earned it way to work hard on shipping a functioning game.

I have never seen a business this large be so sloppy. Ill never buy an Ubi game again thanks to your terrible support/lack of communication/failure to ship a functioning product.

Aivas47a
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Same problem here. Tried different drivers, even tried switching from ATI to nvidia gpu and back again. Tried deleting the Nucleus.dll file. Nothing helps. Still get black screen and immediate crash while starting up. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

Valn28
10-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, lucky me, I originally had the problem where the screen is black then you fix it with the shortcut change that disables visual themes. I'm not sure how this happened, but yesterday this fix worked fine, I played the game repeatedly, today I fire it up, get the splash screen, then a black window that starts out big, turns into a small square in one upper left bit of the screen, then vanishes completely. How did I go from a fixed black screen issue to a COMPLETELY new blackscreen issue, and is it the same one you guys aer having? It doesn't sound as if it is because I get a black screen after the splash screen. Did I bust this myself or something? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Junkmale87
10-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Aivas47a:
Same problem here. Tried different drivers, even tried switching from ATI to nvidia gpu and back again. Tried deleting the Nucleus.dll file. Nothing helps. Still get black screen and immediate crash while starting up. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

Well, lucky me, I originally had the problem where the screen is black then you fix it with the shortcut change that disables visual themes. I'm not sure how this happened, but yesterday this fix worked fine, I played the game repeatedly, today I fire it up, get the splash screen, then a black window that starts out big, turns into a small square in one upper left bit of the screen, then vanishes completely. How did I go from a fixed black screen issue to a COMPLETELY new blackscreen issue, and is it the same one you guys aer having? It doesn't sound as if it is because I get a black screen after the splash screen. Did I bust this myself or something? Frown

What the **** is wrong with you *******s? cant you read? You must be dense, the both of you.

STOP POSTING **** THAT IS UNRELATED TO OUR PROBLEM IN THIS THREAD. I dont give a flying **** if your game works again or not with whatever black screen issue you're having. This thread is about the splash screen loading then crashing. PLEASE LEARN TO READ.

Aivas47a
10-24-2008, 04:19 PM
What the **** is wrong with you *******s? cant you read? You must be dense, the both of you.

STOP POSTING **** THAT IS UNRELATED TO OUR PROBLEM IN THIS THREAD. I dont give a flying **** if your game works again or not with whatever black screen issue you're having. This thread is about the splash screen loading then crashing. PLEASE LEARN TO READ.

No, that is exactly my problem. The splash screen starts to load with the "Far Cry 2" logo, then it blinks briefly to a black screen and crashes. It is the same problem others here are describing.

PS: Please take a flying leap up your own *******, Junkmale.

Junkmale87
10-24-2008, 04:23 PM
You are actually a moron, thats not the issue we're having, You see any mention of a black screen from any of us? Go find your own thread to muck up with your problem.

Just admit you suck at reading and move along. stop wasting everyone time with your posts.

oceanclub
10-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

I'm getting the same problem, unfortunately. The weird thing is, the first time I ran the game, it worked fine. That was at lunchtime GMT time.

Tonight, I installed the latest nVidia beta driver for my 8800 GTS card (file name 180.43_geforce_winxp_32bit_international_beta.exe) . After rebooting, etc, when I try to launch Far Cry 2, I get the "splash screen then nothing" error.

Hope this is fixed soon.

P.

Junkmale87
10-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Hope this is fixed soon.

Going to have to wait til ATLEAST monday next week before we hear anything back on this problem according to the UBI community manager who posted up the page.

Id start trying to get a refund asap.

oceanclub
10-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Going to have to wait til ATLEAST monday next week before we hear anything back on this problem according to the UBI community manager who posted up the page.

Id start trying to get a refund asap.

Releasing on a Friday with in-built DRM that anyone _knows_ is going to cause some problems, but not providing support over the weekend? That's a really ignorant attitude to have for your first-day full-prices customers, Ubisoft.

P.

Junkmale87
10-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Im honestly shocked the community manager said "LOL ILL JUST WAIT TIL MONDAY TO TELL THE DEV's"
Send them an email NOW and inform them of the problem NOW.

Guy should be fired for incompetence, or just general laziness. Sad excuse for a community manager, Hope he gets laid off.

Primator2
10-24-2008, 06:41 PM
I had the problem you seem to talk about. Doom of the eternal splash-sreen. BUT, i also had my menus and intro-film _lagging like a mother******_. Anywho, i'm happy to say that i can play the game just fine if i chose to not use DX10 graphics. Sure, it's a pity but it's that or killing someone.

Kamikazeoi
10-24-2008, 06:48 PM
First time the game loaded fine but after changing some ingame display settings I can't get past the splash screen and into the actual game now. LAME!

oceanclub
10-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Well, after finding that I can't even log into the UK support site for Far Cry 2, as the Term and Conditions page seems to be broken (see my other post), I went and downloaded a crack for the game from a dodgy site, and finally the game works for me, a paying customer.

Well done, Ubisoft; yet another argument for people who argue that DRM, not piracy, will kill the PC games industry.

P.

taxi666
10-25-2008, 08:13 AM
hi volks,

i have the exact same problem.
the solution for me to get it run was to deactivate the ingame support from xfire or kill xfire.

you dont have xfire? try to deactivate all unneaded procs in the background.

dab77
10-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Same Problem here. Main Game stops loading after first splash screen, Benchmarktool won't even start.

Sys-Specs: Mobility HD 3650 (512MB), Turion x2 RM-70, 2GB RAM, WinXP 32

Trigga187
10-25-2008, 10:40 AM
One day this post will be so big that it crushed Ubisoft to the ground... I pray that day is soon.

cheekygibbo1985
10-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi,

Don't normally post on these but Far Cry 2 was driving me mad, it was the same old problem of loading up the splash screen and then nothing. I'm on XP 32, ATI 2600 Pro. I read through this whole post doing all sorts, but deleting the nucleus.dll file in system32 has solved the problem perfectly. So I would recommend that if you can't get past the splash screen to give that a try.

Wckdneer
10-25-2008, 01:21 PM
I had this problem too, and after a deep and hard google search all day long I found my fix via steam forums.

It had to do with the fact that i ran dx10 on windows XP.
Downloaded a fix for that and voila it actually started.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739365

That thread explains and links directly to the dx10 fix, I used it and it works like a charm.

Maybe i can get a job at ubisoft now? :P

dab77
10-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Maybe i can get a job at ubisoft now? :P

Don't think so - doesn't work for me...

Benjamk81
10-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi,

i also have this problem, mine crashes with a bsod error at or before the dunia engine logo everytime...

Not even played this yet!

q6600 @ 2.40ghz
ati x1950 pro - latest drivers
2 gb ram

DVD bought release from UK

nothing else works either editor, or benchmarker.

I have tried rolling back drivers, tried the hotfix, latest drivers, i updated sound card drivers

im banging my head off the wall for hours trying to fix this....at least im not alone

wcampbll
10-25-2008, 04:39 PM
just an fyi there are new 180.43 drivers came out last night-hotfix numbr2 for farcry from nvidia prev was 180.42 came out 21st--they got me running...only prob now is mouse gets sluggish at times

Cradchaw
10-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Didn't read through all the posts but I had this problem once and <span class="ev_code_RED">here is how i fixed:</span>

In vista, go to games folder, right click FC2 icon and run in "safe mode". That loaded up the game in a window, low resolution. Then I changed back to my res and it worked fine.

Mana_SG
10-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I had this problem in steam. I right clicked on the game and clicked delete local content and it redownloaded and was fine.

On another computer I simply deleted a few dlls files and did a verification which made the whole game redownload... same thing in the end. Atleast it worked.

Paranoia1960
10-25-2008, 06:35 PM
I can see why they did not have a demo for this game cause if they did alot of us would not have paid for the game its all about money guys...

liquidsteel47
10-25-2008, 07:43 PM
hi its the 25 oct just bought the game 5 hours ago installed went fine no errors then launched and lo and behold update check then splash screen then exit and nothing { i had no black box black screen error just exits after splash screen} all the executible except launch server exited immediatly after splash screen. read the Nucleus.dll fix figged it was a longshot but that the heck i removed it from sys 32 folder and launched game ,i immediatly got an error "application could not start to Nucleus.dll not being found {no ****} reinstalling game might fix this issue" then another about vidcard drivers to old, expected game to stop loading but much to my amazement the game did launch and ive been playing it over 3 hours ,figged ide come here to let others know. again i had only the game exiting after splashscreen i did NOT have the black screen anything problem.

liquidsteel47
10-25-2008, 07:46 PM
sorry forgot to add im running a p4 3.2 gig xp pro sp 3 nvidea 8800gts 320 vid card creative xfi sound card 2 gigs ram ,good luck and god bless to all still having problems.

JollyGypsy
10-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey, i'm not sure but i think the problem is down to the dx10 i've had this same issue on gears of war and bioshock of the game crashing at the splash screen but it was resolved by running the game with -dx9 mode enabled rather than dx10.
however i cant seem to find the options to disable dx10 for farcry 2, if anyone knows anything about editing the dx10 then i think that may fix it, i know the dx10 issue was solved for xp users but for vista users i think this may still be the issue, we just don't have a fix yet
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SoulGrind
10-25-2008, 10:03 PM
I have the same problem, splash screen shows, then nothing. It just blinks on then off and the game doesn't load, or even attempts to.
I haven't installed any Xp DX10 patches, so I installed them and the fix 3, still nothing.

I don't have the Nucleus.dll file in my win/sys32 directory so that won't help. its not a hidden file either. I've gone as far as disabling everything i possibly can to get it to boot, still nothing.

Funny thing is, my brother has the exact same pc setup as myself. Our pc's are identical hardware wise and it runs perfectly fine on his machine, it must be a software issue.

Ubi, once again you've disappointed me, first with SCDA, now this hunk of crap. How about not porting games and get of your fat lazy asses and develop them properly.

my main system specs
6000+ Am2 Athlon X2 Dual Core AMD processor
2x Seagate 320 gig Sata2 harddrives
Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3 (nforce5) motherboard
8800GT 512meg gfx card
4 gig DDR2 800mhz Corsair ram (dual channel setup)
Auzen Prelude 7.1 Sound Card (x-fi 64meg)
2x Liteon DVD-DL burners
wrapped in Windows XP Pro w/SP3

so i'm pretty sure my pc covers teh system specs side of the game.

SoulGrind
10-25-2008, 10:30 PM
ok doods, i've figured out my problem.

i went into my windows/system32 directory and moved these files into a newly created folder.

dxgi.dll
d3dx10.dll
d3dx10_33.dll
d3dx10d.dll

game runs now

after playing around the only file i needed to move out of system32 was
dxgi.dll

HeLMuT1971
10-25-2008, 10:41 PM
OK this worked for me!! Finally I get o play!!

After another reinstall and another try I noticed a logfile was written. After some further investigation I fixed it it seems. I haven't played yet but FC will launch. What I did was remove nucleus.dll from my system32 folder. It was an artifact from running Halo2 on XP. It conflicted with DX10 of FC2 it seems

john_chi
10-25-2008, 10:42 PM
We SHOULD NOT have to go into sensitive folders like System32 and "Fix" things ourselves, ESPECIALLY since we didn't do anything to **** it up in the first place other than maybe by INSTALLING this unplayable game. I don't care if it works or not, we have NO BUSINESS ****ing around windows files like that, it's Ubisoft's responsiblity to release a patch that will fix these bugs for us.

P.S. I'm not angry at you for suggesting this, I'm angry at Ubisoft for making us do risky things to our Operating System over a stupid game.

Rellik500
10-25-2008, 11:19 PM
So close, yet so far away. First, I had a problem with the game not going past the third load screen. Then, the game would not even load past the splash screen. After researching how to fix these problems for the past few days, I found a fix to the splash screen problem. What a disappointment to finally fix the dilemma to only come to another.. after all these hours trying to fix it and not even seeing the actual game once.

I am on Windows XP, and I use Directx9. I looked in the Windows/system32 folder and found several .dlls that looked to be related to Directx10. I moved these files into a folder on my desktop that I had just created. Therefore, I can get past the splash screen now but not past the load screen. Below are the names of the files I moved out. By the way, I created a System Restore point before this in case anything bad happens.

d3dx10_33.dll
d3dx10_34.dll
d3dx10_35.dll
d3dx10_36.dll
d3dx10_37.dll
d3dx10_38.dll

jtardiou
10-26-2008, 12:37 AM
OK guys I'm pretty sure I found a fix that will fix most people's problems.

Just go to windows/system32 and remove dxgi.dll (just move it to your desktop and replace it if this does not fix it)

I pretty sure much tried everything but I tried what SoulGrind suggested, and it worked!

Hope this helps,

john_chi
10-26-2008, 12:42 AM
This still SHOULD NOT excuse Ubisoft from coming up with their own damn fix!

john_chi
10-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Rellik500:
So close, yet so far away. First, I had a problem with the game not going past the third load screen. Then, the game would not even load past the splash screen. After researching how to fix these problems for the past few days, I found a fix to the splash screen problem. What a disappointment to finally fix the dilemma to only come to another.. after all these hours trying to fix it and not even seeing the actual game once.

I am on Windows XP, and I use Directx9. I looked in the Windows/system32 folder and found several .dlls that looked to be related to Directx10. I moved these files into a folder on my desktop that I had just created. Therefore, I can get past the splash screen now but not past the load screen. Below are the names of the files I moved out. By the way, I created a System Restore point before this in case anything bad happens.

d3dx10_33.dll
d3dx10_34.dll
d3dx10_35.dll
d3dx10_36.dll
d3dx10_37.dll
d3dx10_38.dll

I'm on Win XP as well, are you getting BSODs upon start up or just black screens?

Monk10111
10-26-2008, 02:34 AM
Hey guys,

I have the same issue splash screen loads and then ends the process. No errors etc. process ends around 32000k mem usage.

i have tried most of the fixes here not working. I can't seem to remove the dxgi.dll says i need permission but i'm the admin so bit strange.

I've tried in safe mode as well, i never get to the black screen as other people posted.

Pc specs :
intel Quad core 2.6 ghz
Asus maxusmus II formula mobo
8 gig mem
asus ATI 4870x2 gfx
vista ultimate 64bit
not loaded in steam
Location : South Africa http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JollyGypsy
10-26-2008, 04:44 AM
AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Is there no way to make this game work? all the f***ing 'solutions' have been for xp users!
Has anyone wiht vista managed to make this game work after having the splash screen of death ruin the experiance for them?

dab77
10-26-2008, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by JollyGypsy:
AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Is there no way to make this game work? all the f***ing 'solutions' have been for xp users!

Unfortunately even the solutions for XP won't work for everybody. This Bug is a real mystery - no obvious cause, proposed solutions seem to work for some people but not for everyone. I would strongly suggest to contact Ubi's support and to send them your System-Info.

Maybe then they will be able to discover the root of the problem and to work out a dependable solution.
Unfortunately i've somehow the feeling there won't be a quick and easy fix...

JollyGypsy
10-26-2008, 06:22 AM
i'm just beginning to think that maybe i should give up on pc games and stick to consoles. it's so much less hassle
i'm just gonna return this copy and get it on ps3 instead, so much easier, no damn bugs.
i'm giving it to the end of the week.

dab77
10-26-2008, 07:01 AM
i'm just beginning to think that maybe i should give up on pc games and stick to consoles.

I second that. On monday i'm going to return my copy - i'm not willing to bet my money on a working solution. Holding out much longer will probably severely complicate any try to get a refund...

dannyventer
10-26-2008, 07:16 AM
I have same problem. I get splash screen, menu when game starts to load i get sound crash then black screen and pc restarts. Ive loaded ati hotfix and tried the dx10 for xp ive checked my system32 files and dont have dxgi.dll and there are d3dx10_33.dll -38 ive tried moving these still no luck whats left.

dab77
10-26-2008, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by dannyventer:
Ive loaded ati hotfix and tried the dx10 for xp ive checked my system32 files and dont have dxgi.dll and there are d3dx10_33.dll -38 ive tried moving these still no luck whats left.

Unfortunately those are all the solutions which have been offered so far. Didn't work for me either.

dannyventer
10-26-2008, 07:49 AM
Im glad to see im not the only one with this isue best of all is im in South Africa so all the games sent same problem.

uuicked
10-26-2008, 07:56 AM
do like me and make a complaint to the better business beauru. they took my case, hey i even found that UBI has previous complaints in there. So anyway my problem is that i have an 8600 gts the recommended card and it seems i have the problems that the 180.43 drivers from nvidia will fix (nvidia states you need those to fix KNOWN problems) well i have the 8600 and only 8800+ is supported. That being said, i feel they sold me a game that was known not to work and they have no ability to make it work so i want a refund and all games on shelves pulled so that the back of the game reads 8800+ as a minimum requirement (some people can get lower cards to work but plenty of companies products are not working that fit these minimum to recommended requirements)

go_elmer22
10-26-2008, 09:18 AM
The crazy thing is I played the game for 2 days before this starting happening to me. There is no excuse for this. We are talking millions of dollars here and you can't pull a few people in on the weekend to fix this? You think people will forget if a you make a good enough game they won't care who makes it. I won't forget! BTW how about letting me bind my enter key while your at it.

Trigga187
10-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Maybe my new header will give UBI some "inspiration" LOL

jerico1974
10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by john_chi:
We SHOULD NOT have to go into sensitive folders like System32 and "Fix" things ourselves, ESPECIALLY since we didn't do anything to **** it up in the first place other than maybe by INSTALLING this unplayable game. I don't care if it works or not, we have NO BUSINESS ****ing around windows files like that, it's Ubisoft's responsiblity to release a patch that will fix these bugs for us.

P.S. I'm not angry at you for suggesting this, I'm angry at Ubisoft for making us do risky things to our Operating System over a stupid game.

Amen brother! Wow I really love this brand new corvette I bought,it sucks I have to pull the engine today and rework the cylinders to make it run.......

YInBrother
10-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Well having experienced the problem of loading only the splash screen before it decided to surprise me by taking me back to the desktop, guess it thinks it's april fool's day or something, I got it to work by uninstalling and then reinstalling and not setting it to DX10. Works fine now.

I do agree with everyone's rage toward Ubi, I mean what the heck did they do for beta testing, use identical computers they had been building the system on anyway so they know it works? Between that and the multiplayer I don't know how they thought people were gonna get on board with the game but sure enough they got us. Come on Ubi, fix this game so it can be as good as you intended it to be.

Love your analogy jerico...

Steelo1
10-26-2008, 02:01 PM
This is what fixed it for me. I uninstalled /reinstalled and run the game on DX9 in the options menu. It fired right up after that. I quit, exited, and re-entered the game and it loaded.

go_elmer22
10-26-2008, 02:54 PM
How do you start it in DX9? I reinstalled the game try to start it and the same thing happened. Did you use the benchmark tool to set it? I try to set it using the tool but when I click set loadout it puts back to windowed and DX10. I am reinstalling it now so any help would be nice.

back.pack
10-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey, solved mine.

Vista64, steam, 4850, dx10.

Far Cry 2 ran fine for a few days and then after I alt-enter'd out once, it wouldn't load. Splash screen, black screen, back to desktop. Tried many of the solutions here.

I renamed:
"C:\Users\(username)\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2\GamerProfile.xml"

to GamerProfile.bak

and it worked.

craig3000
10-26-2008, 05:22 PM
this is the thing that annoyed me so much that DX10 or at least when you enable it through far cry 2 makes the game want to go crazy and minimize or go choppy or just close when you try to maximise it

personally considering A LOT of people are having this problem i am so suprised that this problem did not crop up in testing, you might expect bugs from a large game but this kinda bug shouldnt happen!!

IT BETTER BE PATCHED SOON or at least someone communicated that its being sorted out!

for now DX9 it is, to all you people that wasted time in restarting you could have gone to your gamerprofile in documents/mygames/far cry 2 edited the gamerprofile file and change the renderer to D3D9 and saved much easier

vBully
10-26-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm still surprised no update/patch has been released.

go_elmer22
10-26-2008, 05:43 PM
GamerProfile.bak
Yeah that worked thanks!

moonboy1989
10-26-2008, 06:17 PM
##### PROBLEM IDENTIFIED #########

!!!!!! ITS SECUROM !!!!!!

i bought bioshock + far cry 2 on day of release and have had nothing but problems.

bioshock doesnt even activate the process dies just like what happens to me in far cry 2.

far cry 2 doesnt load at all it installs and activates and runs the map editor thats it nothing else works!everything else inc single player refuses to load the cd icon comes on for about 10 seconds then the process dies so its SECUROM.

both titles use securom and i have experienced with games and pc's so i know what im doing.no other game i have ever had or tried has done this and i made sure i removed daemontools.i think securom is still not happy about something on my system and i am not using the dx 10 for windows xp either its simply latest drivers and normal xp sp2 install.tomorrow i will format and try both games again and if not i wil seek a refund via small claims court on either both games company's or securom.

UBISOFT LISTEN TO US SECUROM DOES NOTHING BUT HURT PAYING CUSTOMERS LIKE ME.

AND YOU AS A DEVELOPER HAVE LOST MY SUPPORT FOREVER NO EXCUSES NO IFS OR BUTS IM THROUGH WITH YOU AND ANYONE WHO USES SECUROM.

drfateboy
10-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Whenever I try to run the Map Editor, in the error report, it says that there was a "system.dllnotfoundexception" are there any known solutions to my problem? My game will not load up either, not even to a black screen.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Has anyone wiht vista managed to make this game work after having the splash screen of death ruin the experiance for them?

Sorry, not had a chance to read all 10 pages, have you tried this?

Windows Vista has some visual settings that may conflict with the game. To resolve this issue:

Method 1

1. Right-click on the Far Cry 2 shortcut and select Properties.

2. Click on the Compatibility tab and check "Disable visual themes."

3. Click Apply and close.

4. Try running the game again.

Method 2

1. Browse to the Windows Games folder (Start button -> Games).

2. Right-click the Far Cry 2 shortcut and select 'Customize.'

3. Highlight the line 'Play' and click edit.

4. When in properties, click on the Compatibility tab and check "Disable visual themes."

5. Click apply and close.

6. Try running the game again.

Thread title changed; this is not the Official Tech Support forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1821007696/m/4941050796)

JollyGypsy
10-27-2008, 05:09 AM
tried both of those, didn't do a thing, cheers anyway.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-27-2008, 05:10 AM
LOL up to page 8 now...

Sorry for the post above guys, obviously not what you are looking for http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Steelo1
10-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by go_elmer22:
How do you start it in DX9? I reinstalled the game try to start it and the same thing happened. Did you use the benchmark tool to set it? I try to set it using the tool but when I click set loadout it puts back to windowed and DX10. I am reinstalling it now so any help would be nice.

It runs DX9 by default. You have to uninstall and reinstall. In the video options menu, just leave it at DX9 and you should be ok.

john_chi
10-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Still no official word from UBISOFT?? C'mon!

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I know that Trigga187 has raised a few, but have all of you raised support tickets at the Official support site (http://www.support.ubi.com)?

If you have been waiting more than 48 hours for either an intial or follow up human response, can you tell me your ticket numbers please?

PM or post here is fine.

john_chi
10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Are they going to SAY something to ALL OF US or not? Obviously this and similar bugs are affecting a lot of us and we need assurance that UBISOFT is coming out with a patch or something OR AT LEAST admitting to us that they ****ed up royally!

Johnni1981
10-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Apologies for sounding like a complete dud but what is the splash screen you are referring to?
For me my pc reboots when i get to the 3rd or 4th loading screen. I tried the FarCry2_BOX_DISCCHECK patch but that just freezes the game instead.
I am running on P4 2.4 Ghz, ATI x1950 Pro 512mb, C-Media onboard audio.
Anyone else has their pc reboot on them rather than crashing to the desktop?

john_chi
10-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Mine gets a video card crash after the splash screen.

oceanclub
10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by CuZtds_Lst_Stnd:
I know that Trigga187 has raised a few, but have all of you raised support tickets at the Official support site (http://www.support.ubi.com)?

I would love to, but I can't. The UK support site is broken; if you're a new user, it appears you can't accept the ToC and proceed.

P.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Have you tried using the same login you are using here?
It should work as its an integrated site

If that doesnt work can you get me screenshots and the URL that isnt working please?

oceanclub
10-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks - here's the email I sent to the webmaster:

===

Hi there,

I'm trying to get support for Far Cry 2. To do this, I've tried the following:

Go to https://secure.ubi.com/login/login.aspx

Enter my username and password.

I'm taken to https://secure.ubi.com/login/Message.aspx?MessageKey=100.

Here I'm asked to specify my profile details every time I log in. I click Submit.

I'm taken to https://secure.ubi.com/login/UserInteraction.aspx

Here I'm asked to specify my games selection. I click Submit.

Now I'm taken to the Terms of Service page http://www.ubi.com/UK/Info/Info.aspx?tagname=TermsOfUse

This page has no button allowing you to accept the terms of services. And there's no way to get to any support page.

If I click PC Games, then Far Cry 2, then Support, I'm taken back http://www.ubireg.com/uk/ and have to log back in again.

Please tell me how I get to the page where I log a support issue.

P.

Junkmale87
10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Can someone just forward this thread to a dev or somthing? Im tired of searching for ways through Ubis ****ty websites just so i can a way to report a problem. Why am I still spending time on this? I want a refund.

anicolay
10-27-2008, 02:40 PM
I had this same problem when i had all graphic settings at their max, i turned everything down 1 notch on each drop down and it worked just fine then. After playing for a couple hours, i thought i would try turning the settings back up again, and it crashed again. So i turned the settings back down, i shouldn't be having this problem with my setup.

AMD 3.0GHz dual core
4gb Ram
Republic of Gamers Motherboard
2 WD Raptors X's in raid 0
2 8800gt's in SLI

Trigga187
10-27-2008, 05:11 PM
All that I have got from Ubi's support ticket system. (NOTHING AT ALL):

Response (Jason) - 10/27/2008 06:45 PM
Casey,

Please create a new dxdiag file that reflects the disabled HDMI port, updated motherboard chipset drivers, and BIOS, and attach it to this incident for further review. If you have not yet performed all three of these changes, please contact your computer or motherboard manufacutrer for additional assistance.

Customer (Casey Barton) - 10/25/2008 12:33 PM
This does not work. I need a real answer and I need it now.

Response (Jason) - 10/24/2008 03:59 PM
Casey,

Click your "Start" button, then "Run".
Type: DXDiag
Click "Ok", Click "Display".

Make sure DirectDraw, Direct3D, and AGP acceleration are enabled and run the tests. If they are not enabled, click the "Enable" button. If they will not enable, you need to contact your PC manufacturer to get these enabled. If any of the tests fail, there may be a problem with your video card.

Also, you will need to disable the sound out for the HDMI port on your video card. If you are not sure about how to do this, please contact your computer or video card manufacturer. If this does not resolve the problem, you may need to contact the computer manufacturer directly to download the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard and possibly for the BIOS. Please contact your system manufacturer for these two updates, as if they are not done correctly you can damage your system permenantly.

Customer (Casey Barton) - 10/23/2008 08:51 PM
pointfivezero (email: bcsimps@gmail.com) from the forums has sent me his 2 files I included them as pointfivezero.zip. I called and the person I talked to told me that this support is individual. I disagree, this is a problem that is affecting multiple people. Also the forum topic http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1821007696/m/7941018696 needs to be stickied until we figure this out.

Thanks.

Customer (Casey Barton) - 10/23/2008 06:39 PM
Ok here you go. I'm having a bunch of guys from out forum topic to get me this data... I'll send it to you.

Customer (Casey Barton) - 10/23/2008 04:17 PM
This does not help. Still get the same thing.

Please help us, there are more and more of us growing with this problem...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1821007696/m/7941018696

Response (Jason) - 10/23/2008 10:17 AM
Casey,

The type of problem you are having is usually resolved by updating your video card driver, and updating your Directx files. I've written details for doing this below, as well as other ideas to try if updating these files still doesn't solve your problem.

- Updating your video drivers:

Please visit your sound, video, and 3D card manufacturer's websites for the most recently available drivers for the components in your system.
Major video chipset manufacturers web sites:

http://www.nvidia.com - GeForce models
http://www.ati.com - Radeon models
http://www.s3graphics.com - All Savage model cards
http://www.matrox.com - G200/G400 models

Once you have downloaded and installed these drivers according to the manufacturer's suggestions then follow the next step:

- Updating your Directx:
Download and install the latest version of DirectX from http://www.microsoft.com/directx. For more help with this, please search the Ubisoft Database for how to update drivers.

- Please check to see if there is a patch available for your game at http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Category.aspx?dcId=63

Below I've written some other ideas for you to trouble-shoot and try if updating the video driver Directx was unsuccessful.

- Is your video card / 3D card supported for the game?
Check the game box to see if your video card meets or exceeds the minimum video requirements for the game you are playing. Also, check our FAQ to see if it is listed among the supported video cards for the game you are playing. If your video card is not on the supported video cards list, you may have trouble playing the game.

If it is supported -
Get the latest reference driver available from the chipset manufacturer (ATI Radeon model chipsets at http://www.ati.com and Geforce model chipsets at http://www.nvidia.com)

If your video card is not a supported one -
You may want to consider upgrading your video card to a more capable and powerful 3D accelerator.

- Scan your system for viruses
Even if you normally use Norton or McAffee virus scanning software, visit http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ or http://www.freeav.com to get a free online virus scan.

- Try running the game from the executable
Instead of starting the game from the start menu or the Autorun menu, try running the game directly from the executable file in the game's installation directory.

- Close all programs running in the background

(Windows XP / Vista)

(Windows 95, 98, ME)
1. Reboot the PC
2. Once you are back to Windows, press ctrl-alt-del.
3. From the "Close Program" window that opens, the only two items that should appear in this list are Explorer and Systray.
4. To temporarily disable all other programs, highlight the first item in the list and click end task.
5. Continue this process until you have closed all programs except Explorer and Systray.
6. Start the game again.

- Run Scandisk
2. Select Scandisk
3. Select your hard drive. If you have more than one, you should scan each drive individually.
4. Click Standard
5. Check Automatically fix errors.
6. Click Start

- Run Defrag
2. Select Disk Defragmenter
3. Select the hard drive you wish to defrag and click ok.

- Remove files from the temp directory
1. Reboot the PC
2. Once back in Windows, Right-click My Computer
3. Left-click Explore
4. From the right pane of Windows Explorer, double click C:\
5. Double-click the Windows Folder, then find and double click the TEMP folder.
6. Remove all files from this folder.
7. Restart the Computer
8. Empty the Recycle bin and run the installation again.

- Uninstall and reinstall the game?
1. Uninstall the game by clicking uninstall from the Start menu, the Autorun menu, or from Windows Add/Remove programs.
2. Explore your hard drive for the game's installation folder
3. Delete this folder, then empty your recycle bin
4. Reinstall the game, then install any patches available.

_Please_ go through these suggestions as they very frequently solve these types of issues. If you continue to have problems, then feel free to reply and we'll try other ways to fix your problem. Thanks.

Customer (Casey Barton) - 10/22/2008 08:08 PM
I pre-ordered on steam and Far Cry 2 will not run, has not even run once. I click to play and steam starts the game and the Far Cry 2 splash shows up and then the process dissapears. Game never opens. I need this to run asap.

Auto-Response - 10/22/2008 08:08 PM
Title: Far Cry 2 Activation Information
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/end...p_created=1223672060 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=12403&p_created=1223672060)

Title: Minimum Requirements for Far Cry 2
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/end...p_created=1224011465 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=12410&p_created=1224011465)

Title: Far Cry 2 Gameplay Help
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/end...p_created=1224713543 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=12424&p_created=1224713543)

Title: What Ports are Used for Online Play?
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/end...p_created=1224707310 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=12423&p_created=1224707310)

Title: Black Screen at Startup on Vista
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/end...p_created=1224707033 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=12422&p_created=1224707033)

Question Reference #081023-000024
---------------------------------------------------------------
Product Level 1: PC
Product Level 2: Far Cry 2
Product Level 3: Steam version
Category Level 1: Errors / Freezes / Crashes
Date Created: 10/22/2008 08:08 PM
Last Updated: 10/27/2008 06:45 PM

Trigga187
10-27-2008, 05:16 PM
I've given the topic URL to everyone... I guess the guy didn't even look at my specs to see I'm a total freak of nature and dared to tell me to update my bios and drivers? My god, if my problem was that simple I wouldn't have made such a big deal about it.

john_chi
10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Wow, just realised, it's going to be a week exactly tommorow since you started this thread. This is total BS from UBISOFT, a week and not a word regarding this and similar bugs.

Benjamk81
10-27-2008, 05:31 PM
I thought i would have a week of playing this befre fallout3 came out, instead i've had a week of checking this thread for some evidence that the devs are trying to resolve this still yet to even play the game.

I bet bethesda are not so sloppy.....

C'mon ubisoft you have broKen the anticipation and excitment and replaced it only with frustration and anger.

I know problems need to be investigated to be fixed, but we all have latest drivers - i know i do.....we've been checking everything - please aknowledge this problem and get it patches and stop smoking your post-sales report cigars!

john_chi
10-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Benjamk81:
I thought i would have a week of playing this befre fallout3 came out, instead i've had a week of checking this thread for some evidence that the devs are trying to resolve this still yet to even play the game.

Same here, I am sooo looking forward to Fallout 3 tommorow. If only I could trade FC2 for it, but unfortunatley PC games can't be traded in stores.

Trigga187
10-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Wow, just realised, it's going to be a week exactly tommorow since you started this thread. This is total BS from UBISOFT, a week and not a word regarding this and similar bugs.

"The Bitterness Of Poor Quality Remains Long After The Sweetness Of Low Price Is Gone"

Ubi, I would have rather paid $60 to get a working product, then pay $50 to get a really crappy frisbee. What's even worse is I got it off Steam, so I really don't have anything at all... OMG I somehow got tricked into paying $50 for nothing!!!

Trigga187
10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I just replied to what they told me to do in the support ticket. Few posts back... Anyway:

"Please note: This and all of our conversations are being posted on your forums. There are people out there that have yet to lay their eyes on your game.

Response (Jason):
"Please create a new dxdiag file that reflects the disabled HDMI port, updated motherboard chipset drivers, and BIOS, and attach it to this incident for further review. If you have not yet performed all three of these changes, please contact your computer or motherboard manufacturer for additional assistance."

The fact that this is your reply to me makes me sick. I seriously can't believe that you can't address the problem here: YOUR GAME.

ALL of my devices have the latest drivers, and/or BIOS updates. Prior to me sending you my DxDiag and msinfo32. The HDMI sound that I have on right now is how I get sound. I tried it with it disabled and that did not affect anything. I've been a computer tech for the past 15 years, I own my own Computer Store and Gaming Center. It's a WEEK tomorrow, a WEEK!

If my problem was that simple I would not be having a problem with this terrible game. Have you all ignored your paying customers in the forums? The people in this forum: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1821007696/m/7941018696 have yet to play your game, not even for 1 minute.

The information I sent to you is 100% updated. Everything has been tested 100% via benchmarking or other "High End" gaming.

You should know what I have in my computer, but I'll write it out.

Case: Antec 1200
MB: ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi
CPU: AMD Phenom 9950 @ 3.5GHz
CPU Cooling: Thermaltake Bigwater 760i LCS
RAM: 8GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066MHz 5-5-5-18
Video: ATi Radeon HD 4870X2 2GB DDR5
NIC: Killer NIC M1
PSU: CORSAIR 1000W Modular
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
HDD OS: WD VelociRaptor 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
HDD Storage: WD RE3 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

This is not a System problem in any way. I can play EVERY game DX9 or DX10 with everything possible maxed out. Everyone in my topic on your forum has the same type of problem. ADDRESS THAT! Or send me my refund. TODAY.

We are waiting: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1821007696/m/7941018696"

I guess lets see if they will show up here to talk about it. Becuase I think everyone can agree this is not a system problem.

john_chi
10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
There is at least ONE thing I know I can count on tommorow, and it ain't a proper official response from the devs on this forum. I KNOW I'm going to be able to enjoy at least one new open sandbox game that will work the minute I install it - FALLOUT 3.

Trigga187
10-27-2008, 07:52 PM
We'll be getting that here at the gaming center, so I'll be giving that a try. I just can't believe how sad this is. I was soooo excited for this game to come out, and now, I really don't even care to play it.

SAD.

john_chi
10-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I think we ought to start threads about how great FALLOUT 3 works tommorow if we still don't hear from the devs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Trigga187
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
haha

adecoy95
10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
none of these solutions are working, im on xp.

ive tryed everything i can think of, the game still crashes while riding in the jeep

Junkmale87
10-27-2008, 11:27 PM
I tried today wishfully thinking if i DL/reinstalled it again it may work by chance, this is my 5th time trying this now. I am also a steam customer, with nothing to show for it, Im trying to figure out a way for steam to refund me the money for selling me a non working game, anyone got any ideas?

strayfe
10-28-2008, 12:05 AM
ok, so we now know that all 3 versions have a problem.

What are your guys specs? lets see if we can figure something out. Hey, I got same prob, I load to splash screen and I will even monitor the actions in task manager, and the process just disapears!! Anyways here are my specs: Q6600 OC'd to 2.68, ATI 4850 512mb, ASUS P5ND, 3Gigs of 700mhz ram, 600Watt PSU, Windows Vista 64Bit, DX10. I have never had this kind of problem running any other game even crysis. Although once in a blue moon, the application will run and i can play farcry2 without a hitch, but that has only worked twice out of the 1000's of times ive tried. Anyways I have steam, but i do not use it, I am running Farcry2 through the disk instalation but wow, no go.

strayfe
10-28-2008, 12:13 AM
I guess lets see if they will show up here to talk about it. Becuase I think everyone can agree this is not a system problem. AGREED, After all, if it was my computer, it wouldnt work at all, But it "Works" one out of every maybe thousand tries for me... Sometimes I will get lucky and be able to run it, all the others time i cannot, so pretty much not at all. UBISOFT Fix this!. I am glad I read your comments trigga, now i wont bother reupdating my drivers any more than twice, and i wont even bother touching my Bios.

Benjamk81
10-28-2008, 03:12 AM
we all meet or exceed the recommended specs, we all have the latest drivers.

I have latest ati drivers, sound, bios, chipset the lot - i don't want to leave any stone unturned so i made double sure i have and like everyone else i can run any other game without any problems.

the best bit is i cant even file a support ticket with ubi UK because the uk website is conveniently suffering from technical problems and has been since the release of FC2....much like the game itself!

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-28-2008, 04:14 AM

If you have been waiting more than 48 hours for either an intial or follow up human response, can you tell me your ticket numbers please?

PM or post here is fine.

I asked for the case numbers to try and get you guys a better level of service, know how many PMs I got?

None.

How many case numbers were actually posted in this thread?

One: #081023-000024, and I had to hunt to find that.

As stated previously, this forum is NOT the official support forum. It is a place for the community to try to help each other.

If it is a product problem as opposed to a user issue, the primary way that problems get resolved is through the raising of reports through www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

The only way that the level of support given there can be assessed is if those who are dissatisfied give feedback.
That means providing the support ticket numbers and the reason for disatisfaction whether that be time taken to respond, lack of understanding of the issue by the support staff, or a general lack of resolution of the problem.

If you cant do that I cant even begin to try to help here.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">As for the changing of the title of the thread:
While I can appreciate your frustrations, you are neither helping this cause, or any new users with the same issue, or anyone looking for help in general if the forum becomes awash with duplicate threads.

Any furture change of the title will be considered a violation of the forum terms of use. </span>

Obviously it doesnt help if folks are actually having issues using the reporting system...

Originally posted by oceanclub:
Thanks - here's the email I sent to the webmaster:

===

Hi there,

I'm trying to get support for Far Cry 2. To do this, I've tried the following:

Go to https://secure.ubi.com/login/login.aspx

Enter my username and password.

I'm taken to https://secure.ubi.com/login/Message.aspx?MessageKey=100.

Here I'm asked to specify my profile details every time I log in. I click Submit.

I'm taken to https://secure.ubi.com/login/UserInteraction.aspx

Here I'm asked to specify my games selection. I click Submit.

Now I'm taken to the Terms of Service page http://www.ubi.com/UK/Info/Info.aspx?tagname=TermsOfUse

This page has no button allowing you to accept the terms of services. And there's no way to get to any support page.

If I click PC Games, then Far Cry 2, then Support, I'm taken back http://www.ubireg.com/uk/ and have to log back in again.

Please tell me how I get to the page where I log a support issue.

P.
Okay, I can log in and out again fine and I am in the UK right now... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

1st try clearing all your cookies for UBI.com
You can do this either through your own methods or when logged into the forum by clicking in sequence "GO"\"MORE"\"COOKIES"\"Delete all my cookies for this domain"

The login to the forum again.
from there click this link:
www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

Right hand side bar, click login.
It may already populate your Forum user name and ask for your password. Enter password or if required password and username.

If it logs you in great, if it doesnt please provide details of what does happen.

oceanclub
10-28-2008, 04:19 AM
None.

As people have mentioned, the (UK/Ireland) official support web site is broken, so people like myself couldn't even log a support ticket.

To publish a game without even checking that your support site works correctly is the height of incompetent.

P.

oceanclub
10-28-2008, 04:21 AM
<span class="ev_code_yellow">POSSIBLE solution:

Hi all,

I got the game to work for me. I have no idea if the following will help anyone else, but what I did was uninstall, do a complete defrag, reinstall, then completely defrag again.

The reason I did this was because I noticed one of the game's files (worlds.dat)is a whopping 2.7GB in size. When I installed originally, I think that file was very heavily defragmented. It's _possible_ the issue with only getting a splash screen was to do with something timing out.

I didn't change anything else. So, worth a try.

P.</span>

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">EDIT: Added bold and colour in case this actually helps people</span>

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-28-2008, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by oceanclub:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">None.

As people have mentioned, the (UK/Ireland) official support web site is broken, so people like myself couldn't even log a support ticket.

To publish a game without even checking that your support site works correctly is the height of incompetent.

P. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats not what you said was the problem, but now I go that stage further I see the same thing myself.

Problem has been reported to UK Head office and the webmaster I will let you know as soon as I hear any more.

You may be able to use the US based system if on the main UBI page you change international to US. (I am assuming here, apologies if it doesnt work)

In the meantime, I still need the ticket numbers from those who have successfully reported the issue.

Thanks

RazuraNoir
10-28-2008, 05:19 AM
C:\Users\(?)\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2
Delete Gamerprofile.xml
i did it and it all works fine now, if you dont believe me even make a backup and try it.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by RazuraNoir:
Delete Gamerprofile.xml
i did it and it all works fine now, if you dont believe me even make a backup and try it.
If this does work for users can you let us know the contents of the removed xml file? (open with text editor and paste text here using code funtion.)

kungperra
10-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Hi

I have had a reebootingcomputer after the loading screen, i have had a crash to desktop and I have had the black screen after loading screens...

This has been run on XP PRO SP3 and a ATI X1800XT card and both C-media onboard sound and Creative audigy 2.

Ive been really tired of all the testing and i have now installed vista 32-bit on my computer, at the moment without the sounddrivers and just the ati drivers that came with the vista DVD, and now it really does start! It seems to be working... I have yet to install sound drivers and new ATI drivers, but my hopes are up!
//Perra

go_elmer22
10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes it works what I did was change that file to Gamerprofile.bak and it worked. The problem is the game doesn't work in DX10 like it is suppose to. I played the game for 2 days on DX9 then I noticed I wasn't playing in DX10 so I changed it that is when the problem started for me. So if your computer is running DX10 this will happen. When I did this I finely got past the splash screen.

john_chi
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by RazuraNoir:
Delete Gamerprofile.xml

If it can get you past the splash screen fine. But does the game still crash while playing?

Oh, and CuZtds? All we want is official word from UBISOFT at the very least! I don't care for fixes that requires US to go in the folders ourselves and make changes. We're not the developers who made this game, unless something's wrong with our systems, it's NOT our jobe to FIX this game ourselves! So far almost everyone has stated that they have up-to-date systems and can run other games except for this one.

I think the only way you can really help us is to wake those devs up and get them to say stuff on the forums.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-28-2008, 10:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazuraNoir:
Delete Gamerprofile.xml

If it can get you past the splash screen fine. But does the game still crash while playing?

Oh, and CuZtds? All we want is official word from UBISOFT at the very least! I don't care for fixes that requires US to go in the folders ourselves and make changes. We're not the developers who made this game, unless something's wrong with our systems, it's NOT our jobe to FIX this game ourselves! So far almost everyone has stated that they have up-to-date systems and can run other games except for this one.

I think the only way you can really help us is to wake those devs up and get them to say stuff on the forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear you John... but my* primary concern is to get people playing them game, if in the short term that is through work arounds so be it. If on the way we can get enough info to also help the Devs track down an issue then great.
*Not sure if you are aware I am not a UBI employee

While the devs are tracking issues on the forums they are primarily driven by the web reporting, which is why I drone on about it.

If you want Dev presence, here is some (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/2231032996), but as I say in that thread they cant respond to every thread raised.

This issue is one that they ARE aware of.

Hope that explains a bit, if not actually helps your situation.

CuZ

Trigga187
10-28-2008, 10:10 AM
I liked my topic name the way it was. Guys, this is so pathetic... Here we are, paying customers who have nothing to show for it. Not even a simple "Gamers, we have a problem", nope... Instead we get "Oh, well you need to turn off your HDMI sound... Yea, its your problem not ours... Oh and if you could just load into DOS off a boot disk and type: DEL C:/WINDOWS."

john_chi
10-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Well that is a bit reassuring to know that the community dev is paying attention. I just hope we hear something SOON, because there are gamers out there not as patient as me or even Trigga187 here for that matter. I'd really hate to see the name of UBISOFT not live up to the quality it once stood for.

Anyways, I'm off to my local game store to get a copy of Fallout 3. Maybe if that works (and I'm pretty sure it will otherwise expect to see my frustration in the OT forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) I can forget about this little annoyance and take a break from this forum for a couple of days then maybe find myself back here when news of a patch is finally announced... HOPEFULLY. Right now I really need to play at least one game that involves shooting and open world enviroments.

MarkQll
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I also have this issue. My game came from Steam and at first it would just load the splash screen then it would go away and that was it. I was running ATI 8.8 drivers. I updated to 8.10 drivers and I was able to get past the splash screen and play. I probably played for about 2 hours then shut down my computer. When I started back up the problem was back exactly as before - splash screen then nothing. I've tried all the fixes listed previously on this topic and none of them has worked.

I am running Vista 64 bit, 6 Gb ram, Athlon X2 6000+, Radeon 4870.

Since it worked once I don't think it has anything to do with any programs on my computer - I ran it straight from a restart after installing the new drivers.

Junkmale87
10-28-2008, 04:16 PM
MarkQII, same issue, Played fine with nvidia 178.24 drivers minus horrible framerates and crashes but it still would open and run. After a few frustrating hours i DL'd the new 180.34 nvidia drivers and it ran just perfectly except one crash require a restart. After it crashed tried to run again, and get the splash screen, then nothing problem. Been stuck at splash screen for a week now, no solution in sight...

Vista 64bit Ult SP1,
4GB DDR3 1800
SLI 9800GTX+'s
Q9450 OC@ 4.0GHz
Striker II Extreme Mobo
RAID 0 STRIPE 15000RPM HD's

Benjamk81
10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Im willing to bet its going to take some time for them to fix this, the issue effects Nvidia cards, Ati, different driver versions and vastly different systems.

There is no noticeable consistency in the behavior of the problem or the people it effects.

Mine started of with a bsod every time i ran it, usually on the dunia logo, then it just did the splash screen thing and didnt load and now when i try its back to bsods.....

best bit is i cant even file for support because ubis uk technical support site is conviniently not working

fuelbomb
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
I've tried every "hotfix" listed, but after choosing a character, the game starts loading and freezes after about 10-15 seconds, without fail, every time. I'm extremely frustrated, all I want to do is play my game!

adecoy95
10-28-2008, 07:23 PM
bump

Trigga187
10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by fuelbomb:
I've tried every "hotfix" listed, but after choosing a character, the game starts loading and freezes after about 10-15 seconds, without fail, every time. I'm extremely frustrated, all I want to do is play my game!

Unfortunatly the people who care are the ones who have the same problem... Sounds like this is your place to be. Lovin all the BETA TESTING *COUGH* *COUGH* COD: World at War is doing...

Trigga187
10-28-2008, 08:21 PM
So here is a great update that just makes me warm inside... I went to my support ticket to see whats going on... And what do I find? I find my support ticked as: SOLVED... HAHAHAHA What a complete bull**** company.

Junkmale87
10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Any steam users figured out a way to get a refund? I thought i remembered reading somewhere that if a game doesn't work they can refund you the $$$, not sure how to go about doing that.

lifeofbrian1969
10-29-2008, 02:47 AM
Hi all,
My son has had major issues with FC2 as well and has not yet played it once on his PC. After nearly a week of owning the game my patience is very thin.
Each time we start the game, we get through the to the third splash screen and that is where it stays with the little loading icon going round and around. What is frustrating is that we cannot even Ctrl_ALT_Delete out of this. No key combination works and we have to reset or power off an restart. What is even more annoying, this has resulted in windows files becoming corrupt causing issues like e-mail won't open because of missing files, add/remove programs won't open at all, no error messages.
On 3 occasions it has been so bad we have had to format and start again. Even after a full rebuild to XP pro SP3, latest drivers for everything, this bloody game still does not work.
I have lodged a ticket with ubisoft and am still waiting after 4 days for anything apart from the stupid automated response. Has anyone else had problems to this degree?

I have it on my PC and FC2 runs fine, however when I try the map editor or benchmark I get an error that says " 'application name' has encountered an error and needs to close".
Needless to say I am more than disappointed in spending money for the premium edition and can't use it.

SoulGrind
10-29-2008, 02:48 AM
i'm personally not surprised by this, i've heard it is a port, if splintercell double agent was anything to go by, I knew this was coming.
Ubisoft can't port for ****. What surprises me though is that ubi montreal made the game. They generally make great games. What did they do? fire all the decent people and get ******s. If indeed the same team that did DA did the porting or for this, forget about decent patches right now.

Benjamk81
10-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Lifeofbrian1986 i have had similar problems, every time i run FC2 it crashes my system, i too had to fully re-install my whole system last night after many of my files became corrupt and damage to my registry became to severe.

All of the damage coincided with me trying to run FC2 it has lead to lots of problems on my PC

as much as i want to play the game im not willing to risk the stability of my system to try.

Im really frustrated by the situation, and i thought stalker was buggy.....

Trigga187
10-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I think the problem with PC games being so crappy is because they make the games for console even though they are MUCH better on PC and try (failing every time) to port it over to the PC. Why? because they can make $10 more? So they can charge for extra content on LIVE?

If I had something of UBI's to spit on I would right now...

Junkmale87
10-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Im off to TPB i think to track down a working copy of my game I payed for. I still cant figure out how to get a refund through steam. Thank god Left 4 Dead comes out soon, so I wont have to even think about this headache piece of **** game anymore.

Tonkbar
10-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey guys,

Havn't been around for a while, since the DirectX fix worked for me I've been pwning it up in Far Cry 2. (yes, I'm making you jealous)

Honestly, you're not missing a whole lot, it's highly repetitive and whoever came up with some of the concepts of logic needs to be shot. I mean seriously, WEAPONS DO NOT RUST AND BREAK IN A DAY. Anywho ... I've come to the ultimate solution for ALL of you.

Format Vista, install XP. Vista won't be reliable to anyone until at least SP2, you're really shooting yourself in the foot by having it installed.

Anywho, that was mt 2 cents, back to Far Cry 2. :P

Trigga187
10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Tonkbar:
Hey guys,

Havn't been around for a while, since the DirectX fix worked for me I've been pwning it up in Far Cry 2. (yes, I'm making you jealous)

Honestly, you're not missing a whole lot, it's highly repetitive and whoever came up with some of the concepts of logic needs to be shot. I mean seriously, WEAPONS DO NOT RUST AND BREAK IN A DAY. Anywho ... I've come to the ultimate solution for ALL of you.

Format Vista, install XP. Vista won't be reliable to anyone until at least SP2, you're really shooting yourself in the foot by having it installed.

Anywho, that was mt 2 cents, back to Far Cry 2. :P

I would agree with you, but my system wouldn't even be partially used in XP. And Vista has been just as good as XP since SP1. Not to mention it would only recognise 3.X GB of my 10.01 GB of total system memory.

adecoy95
10-29-2008, 08:13 PM
xp is not a solution, i have the same problem on xp as everyone else does

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-30-2008, 03:09 AM
So here is a great update that just makes me warm inside... I went to my support ticket to see whats going on... And what do I find? I find my support ticked as: SOLVED... HAHAHAHA What a complete bull**** company.

Hey guys, sorry but I was offline for a large portion of yesterday and didnt get time to come back to this part of the forum.

<span class="ev_code_yellow">Trigga, was the ticket that was closed this one?
#081023-000024

If not please let me have the number</span>

*Note that afaik, it is policy to close tickets 48 hours after the last UBI response unless the user has responded again

adecoy95
10-30-2008, 04:24 AM
finally fixed the problem it only took a complete computer format http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Junkmale87
10-30-2008, 04:42 AM
I suspected that might work. i just cant afford to do that, especially for a C list game.

Benjamk81
10-30-2008, 06:13 AM
well i already completly formatted and that didnt do anything for me so that may not be the solution for everyone.

truth is the scale of the problem seems to be large and varied.

Fallout3 has had rave reviews (9.6 on ign), i have it on the way in the post, im also gonna get dead space as that looks great.

By all accounts the production values at Bethesda and EA mean they have produced quality games that are not bug ridden.

My support ticket remains un-answered although i could only file it 24hours ago due to technical problems at their site...im about done with fc2 and i never even played it...its gonna be going back for refund if something does not happen quickly with this.

Junkmale87
10-30-2008, 03:27 PM
I feel ya man. Lots of other better working games out there to buy any play. Im still trying to figure out how to get a refund thru steam tho ><;

Trigga187
10-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes that is the ticket. It's status is now: Updated since I asked what the hell was going on and asked for a support managers number.

No reply.

Trigga187
10-30-2008, 03:53 PM
I feel ya man. Lots of other better working games out there to buy any play. Im still trying to figure out how to get a refund thru steam tho ><;

If you do let me know.

Junkmale87
10-30-2008, 04:00 PM
For sure man, if I can figure out a way how, you would be the first to know trigga, haha.

jordancole20
10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, same problem here, weird thing is, i was playing the game all morning, then left for lunch, come back without doing ANYTHING on the comp, and the game wont start. Bull****! Ubi customer support isnt working either.. keep the thread going, I hate wasting 49$ for 3 hours of game play.

Benjamk81
10-30-2008, 07:00 PM
yeh its shocking how this is happening.

This is my worst ever consumer experience, a whole week with no official word, explanation or apology.....my moneys in their pocket and i have nothing for it and probably no way of getting it back.

argggh im so mad.....if i ever do get this game working im now gonna want to hate it so bad lol

it better be worth all this crap and the money aswell.....somehow i doubt it.

fuelbomb
10-30-2008, 07:27 PM
I've gotten it a few times now to where it has started loading and froze on the loading screen just like before, but the first level is "loaded" and I can hear the sound -- the taxi driver talking about going to Pala and stuff -- but the splash loading screen is still displayed and nothing happens, just the game's sound playing (including ambient noise). Any attempt to tab out of the game and open it back up result in the game screen going black, and either way, there is no way to exit the game, you must forcefully quit.

jordancole20
10-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Well not only the fact that the game worked for a bit then suddenly stopped, or in some peoples cases never worked, is that fact that there is no customer support or anything from the Ubi. They took our money, and are just silent. I try to go to support and do the askaquestion thing like all you have done im sure, and it just says there is an error with their page, that I need to try again later. LOL what horse ****.

jordancole20
10-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Heads up -

Just changed my desktop resolution to 1280 by 800 and wam! the game suddenly started working (went from 1024 x 768) but the game still runs in a small window.

dannyventer
10-31-2008, 04:33 AM
Question Reference #081027-000501
Summary: My pc spec is intel 9750 on a MSI P45 Platinum 2Gb Trancend 1200 ddr2, Ati 38...
Product Level 1: PC
Product Level 2: Far Cry 2
Product Level 3: Retail DVD version
Category Level 1: Errors / Freezes / Crashes
Category Level 2: any
Date Created: 10/27/2008 02:19 PM
Last Updated: 10/27/2008 02:19 PM

Ive still got no reply on my problem and have tried everything all of you given no luck Intel sucks. My son got a AMD 939 socket 4800 with a 7600GT graphics and his works with no change to any drivers or anything so i reckon conflics with intel software.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
10-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes that is the ticket. It's status is now: Updated since I asked what the hell was going on and asked for a support managers number.

No reply.

Raised the issue with the CMs.
Thats just ridiculous.

danimanson
10-31-2008, 10:11 AM
SOLUTION FOR NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARDS (worked on mine might not be the same for everybody but it sorted my problem)

Bought FC2 yesterday and had exactly the same problem, game started first time then I installed new graphics driver as recommended. When I went to play again all I got was a weird flickering screen that couldn't seem to get rid of the desktop and would cause crash EVERYTIME. After many tried and failed attempts I eventually found a solution.

Anyone running Nvidia graphics cards (mines a Geforce 8800gts on windows vista 32-bit) go to the official webpage www.nvidia.com (http://www.nvidia.com) and go to the download drivers page and select 'Beta and Archived Drivers' in the Other Downloads and Support section. Download the brand new 180 driver beta released 24th Oct. Install and this may fix your problem, not promising anything but it worked for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Good Luck

john_chi
10-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Those beta drivers only work for 8 series cards and above. I've got a 7950gx2. They also don't necessarily work for everyone with 8+ series cards. It has been already discussed here and in other threads.

Junkmale87
10-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Is there some way we can force someone from ubisoft to read this thread? like spend 20min of one persons day just to read this one thread? I cant believe im still cant load the fricken thing.

Trigga187
10-31-2008, 05:31 PM
I was on the phone with them and made it very clear what is going on. He was not the guy who responds to tickets tho, he was a lvl 1 or something. Anyway, as long as we keep making a fuss MAYBE we will get some results.

Trigga187
10-31-2008, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trigga187:

No reply.

Raised the issue with the CMs.
Thats just ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, that really does make me feel at least a little better.

john_chi
10-31-2008, 09:50 PM
And here we are a week later. Am currently enjoying FALLOUT 3 and still can't play Far Cry 2 because of this bug. I have a feeling when LEFT 4 DEAD comes out we might still be in the same situation.

grajmalarj
11-01-2008, 06:13 AM
I get the same problem. I have a shuttle PC, running vista home premium 32, Q6600, 8800GTX, 2GB ram, onboard sound. I ran the UBI app on the web to confirm harware compatibility and it passed fine. In my case the benchmark works ok but not the full game.

I registed the s/w successfully but when you click to start it shows the logo screen, I get maybe 5 seconds of windowns flickering and closing too fast to see whats on them, then goes back to desktop... I've updated the nvidia drivers twice (now latest beta) to no avail..

grajmalarj
11-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Did you get any answers? I still can't run this game (retail DVD on vista 32 with 8800GTX)... just exits to desktop when you try to start it! the s/w registered ok. I don't even get an error message and can't find a log file.

Any ideas? thinking of taking this back and getting fallout3

RIZLA
11-01-2008, 06:52 AM
if you have raised a ticket or phoned ubi for support. and you are still unable to run and play the game. go get your money back, heres how, if you live in the uk, wales and scotland.
costs you £20 if i remember correctly, dont forget to add that to the amount ur claimimg for the damaged goods.

info;
If someone owes you money or you have bought faulty goods and you are unable to settle the matter in any other way, you may decide to issue a claim through the courts. You can issue claims for other reasons, including, bad workmanship, damage to property, road traffic accidents, goods ordered and paid for but not supplied and personal injury.The county court in England and the sheriff court in Scotland deal with these types of claims, referred to as "small claims" or "small claims court".

The system for handling small claims is designed to be quick, cheap and easy to use and you do not need to use a solicitor, although you can do so if you wish. It will usually only apply to claims for £5,000 or less (or £1,000 or less if the claim is for personal injury or housing disrepair), against a person, firm or company in England and Wales, and claims for £3000 or less against a person, firm or company in Scotland.

You should issue a claim through the courts only as a last resort, if you cannot settle the matter otherwise. See our information page on Making Claims for an overview of how to complain about faulty goods or services.

relative info;
http://www.clickdocs.co.uk/small-claims-court.htm

Benjamk81
11-02-2008, 02:13 PM
still cant play it, finally have un-installed and am now loving fallout3.

if they ever patch this i might re-install and try again, but not before im done with fallout3 and dead space......a long time in other words

Dogofwars
11-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Well since I have a modded version of Windows that has some DX 10 dll file you have to rename them like d3d10.dll to d3d10.dll_old. It will give you an error message when you load the game but you should be fine after that, may need to rename the nucleus.dll one too.

Dogofwars
11-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Forgot one important thing, delete the file name GamerProfile.xml which this one cause problem to FarCry2.exe when it launch but does not affect the other app within FarCry 2. You can find it there C:\"Users or All users"\"your window username"\My Games\Far Cry 2 or search for GamerProfile.xml and delete it or rename it if you want

overlogsmanden
11-04-2008, 05:35 AM
I Have the same problem.Start and crash.
Core 2 duo and 9600gto nvidia.
Talk with hotline atd they are looking in to it.
Have updatet everything my machine is more than ready. they even sent me another exe file but that dident work either.
Think it is the cd protektion that mess up.
I paid for the game and cant play. that sucks

gingernuts5073
11-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Well since I have a modded version of Windows that has some DX 10 dll file you have to rename them like d3d10.dll to d3d10.dll_old. It will give you an error message when you load the game but you should be fine after that, may need to rename the nucleus.dll one too.

This worked for me too!

Farcry 2 now runs

HymenWreaker
11-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I also have this issue. My only fix is to uninstall the Ati driver and reinstall. Then I can get into the game play for an hour than like clockwork it crashes to desktop with a sound loop. So i thought my drivers were getting corrupted but right after the crash I can get into any other game ie COD4 and any Source variation. And currently I cant get through to submit an support ticket.

faroff_963
11-06-2008, 05:35 AM
same prob with AMD Phenom ATI 3870 ie above recommenede spec update ok disc check ok brief splash screen then crash, at this point alky for applications places this in install folder "Log (NuContext): Setup
Log (NuContext): Setup
Error (NuCore): Unsupported function called from 03D423F6: IDXGIAdapter_CheckInterfaceSupport" but have latest drivers and hotfix tried installing hotfix ontop of and instead of catalyst stiill nada, Ubisoft not replying to questions now quuestion page offline
and they wonder why people download ripped games...cos it seems we're being robbed if we don't

nenad86
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I have this problem,too. I can't fix this problem and ijust don't understen. I did evrything to fix it. help please.

Conduit
11-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I just wanted to say I am so, so p*$$** off right now.
I bought the collectors edition of the game on the day of release and I *still* haven't been able to start it! Just see the small first loading screen with the picture of the damn guy's *** on it & then the process just shuts down.

I've formatted and reinstalled windows (twice!), updated to the latest drivers for the hardware in my system, tried a variety of older drivers, codex's & tweaks, visited forums, asked friends who've got the game running (they're mystified too), tried different settings & different dvd drives. Maybe I should find religeon & pray to God, because that just about the only thing that I haven't tried so far dammit.

CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME HELP HERE?

Vista 64 bit home premium
E6600 conroe @ 3200
4870 x 2
4 gig of matched ddr 2 ram

marineiguana84
11-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi just had this problem start happening after playing the game pefectly for about a week now. Cannot get any support from Ubi UK site still not working. All drivers up to date and just sits at splash screen before have to end programe. Tried everything mentioned here and really dissapointed in wot seems to be poor support from Ubisoft.

My rig
Gigabyte x48-dq6
radeon 4870x2
2gb ballistix tracer 1066mhz
Intel Q9550
Vista Ultimate 64bit

Levinblade
11-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Here's a thing about software, and especially PC games since they have to interact with an infinity of permutations with drivers and hardware.

If it can be reproduced, it can usually be fixed rather easily. If the developers can't reproduce the problem, then it is very difficult to resolve.

The game works for most people, even on very high-end computers since the game has been benchmarked on many sites. There is a problem, and possibly more than one here.

Let's summarize what has been written in this thread.

1 - DX10 components installed on machines that can't run DX10. There are some tweaks that are used to play games (like Halo 2) on Windows XP or to play DX10 games when only DX9 is available. This does NOT seem compatible with Far Cry 2 (BioShock had a similar incompatibility problem with that hack). If you have DX10 files (dxgi.dll, nucleus, d3dx10*.dll)

Search for those files and if it's your case, remove them from your system! These files SHOULD not be on your system if you shouldn't be running DX10.

Hopefully the game will be able to detect/handle this in a future patch.

2 - A lot of people mentionned that the problem occured after they've been able to play. But some said that deleting the GamerProfile.xml helped. So...

Can people who are having the problem post their GamerProfile.xml, it should be located here:
My Games\Far Cry 2\GamerProfile.xml

If there is a CD key in there, be sure to remove it before posting!!

Let's keep this thread clean. BSOD aren't what is being discussed here. BTW, BSOD are usually caused by video or sound card drivers. Be sure to contact your video and/or sound card manufacturers, too.

Cheers!

nenad86
11-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Levinblade

I removed this DX fils, but then when I run the game my computer is restart. I have core duo E8500 Ati hd 4850 x 2 Crossfirex, 4G Ram ( have last driver with FC2 hotfix). But i think that problam is XP. Maybe just Far Cry 2 can't start with DX9> Thanks for help anyway.

nenad86
11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
In game instal directorium after start and crash always stay text file alkylog with this error:Log (NuContext): Setup
Log (NuContext): Setup
Error (NuCore): Unsupported function called from 018123F6: IDXGIAdapter_CheckInterfaceSupport

argentnight
11-07-2008, 10:38 PM
hey guys

I only joined to give you the info that i have, when i bought the game the other day, i couldn't even install, i'd click install through the splash screen and it would just dissapear, the setup file in the cd directory didn't work either, it ended with me formating and doing a complete reinstall of xp pro, now it works without any problems, I changed my dvd drives (went through 4) tried different direcr x, every solution you could find on the net, none worked only the format. hope it helps, sucks but maybe it'll work.

djiliff
11-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Was playing with occasional crashes during missions. Then auto-patch happened and now it crashes while starting just like so many have described here. Vista64, SLI, latest bios and drivers for motherboard and Graphics, very stable PC otherwise. Definitely software. Bummer.

djiliff
11-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I just tried this tip posted by Dogofwars and it worked!!

From Dogofwars...

Forgot one important thing, delete the file name GamerProfile.xml which this one cause problem to FarCry2.exe when it launch but does not affect the other app within FarCry 2. You can find it there C:\"Users or All users"\"your window username"\My Games\Far Cry 2 or search for GamerProfile.xml and delete it or rename it if you want

SummoneR7
11-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I am just... irritated I guess... I've had more problems than fun in this game... At first I was having punk buster issues, got those fixed, then I was getting kicked from the server... then I was having a problem with the game even loading. I did the whole "Disable Visual Themes" did not work (I was not having the black screen so that made sense) then I found that if I go to the "Customize under the right click option of the shortcut, I was able to tell it to run as administrator (even though I am the administrator...) and it started to work again. The a patch is released, it stopped working... again. So I tried all my previous methods to get it to run again... still nothing... so then I disable "UAC - User Account Control" and it worked!!! ONCE! now I can not get back into the game. I read someone said they formated their drive and installed all again.. right.. no thanks I'd rather not format my 750 gig primary drive and reinstall everything just to play a game that should be working fine... I am lost I contact Ubi... nothing I get a link to 4 video card manuf. pages to update my video drivers... after I already told him I was using nVidia... so I figured I would not get any help there. I tried deleting the GamerProfile.xml file... still nothing. I get the pop up window "Far Cry 2 has stopped running" windows can find a solution to the problem, so I tell it to, and it finds nothing. I just want to play the dang game already!!! the only thing the patch did for me was allowed me to get to bed in time to go to work the next day. It's a lot of fun, when it works.

Specs. I won't bore you with all the hardware details... it's compatible. Software, Latest drivers and firmware for everything!! Vista Ultimate 64 this thing is up to date and running perfect... other than this game and COD:WAW Beta. Same issue there too.

CrimsonFlow
11-11-2008, 03:57 PM
I just bought this game after waiting quite a while for it. And to my disappointment it starts to the splash screen then crashes. Ubisoft please do something about this. There are WAY too many people having this issue and I am QUITE angry having a product that doesn't even work! I have tried everything from fixes to updating my drivers, none of it works.