PDA

View Full Version : graphics problems...

Tunelesscoffee
11-25-2004, 11:43 AM
some random wall textures stutter a bit on my system and I have a feeling it gets worse the longer I play it. Any ideas what to do?

western digital 160 HD
radeon 9550 256meg
gigabyte GA-7S7-48-L
athalon XP 2.6

I dont have stuff running in the background and I free my ram before starting i dnt have any viruses or spyware either.

Destroyer4312
11-25-2004, 11:50 AM
How much memory do you have? Are you seeing any artifacts?

bkoble
11-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Hello,

I've had graphical troubles of a sort..
Actually, I only have trouble running the game when I up the lighting settings to medium. I can load the game if the save was on an outside map but as soon as I enter/load an interior map
my computer restarts.

Note: crashes to desktop even when I'm outside after a short period.

I have an MSI Nvidia FX5700LE Video Card which theoretically should run the lighting/shadows just fine, so I'm not sure what is going on.

AMD ATHLON 1.0 GHZ Processor
896 MB ram
(if this helps)

hazards32
11-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Coffee guy ,which patch you using? which drivers you using ?

bkoble ,keep your shadows at low as your card will struggle massively on any indoor areas with shadows any higher. With my fx5600 i couldnt play with medium shadows so i doubt you could either. Also ,just what cpu do you have ?

bkoble
11-28-2004, 07:02 PM
All I know is that my CPU is an AMD Athlon that runs at 1.02 GHz and have the latest Nvidia drivers (just so you know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Also, after posting my last S.O.S I tried using the unsupported OpenGL feature (by editing the r_Driver entry in the coding.) which allows me to run everything at medium (although the environment flocking option is disabled automatically), but if I restart the computer or the even the game(every so often, not every time) the r_Driver entry has reverted to the original D3D Driver so I'm kind of confused as to how to keep that permanent.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

bkoble
11-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Never mind, found out what was wrong, disregard my last post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif