PDA

View Full Version : Activation Problems with Eastern Realm

BTOG46
12-24-2008, 07:16 AM
UPDATE.........

Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
Apologies to all for the time getting back to you on this.

I've been advised that all the information you need to resolve any activation issues is detailed on this site (http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=activation.htm)

I would ask anyone with outstanding issues to check it out and try any solutions offer.

IF you continue to have problems having tried everything listed on the site please contact Ubisoft support (website link is in my signature).

Could all of you having this problem with the Eastern Realm expansion, please give more details please.
What it may be is a patch version problem with your version of the game/expansion.
Can you state where you are, and where you bought the game, in a local store, or from a web site, and which version it is, an original with the expansion, or the Gold version, and whether it's the DVD version, or a Digital Download version.
I've been in contact with the Ubi Support staff about this, and they need this information, they're also checking with Tages, to see if there might be a problem there.

kraskland
12-24-2008, 02:24 PM
I bought the Eastern Realm from www.thesettlers.com (http://www.thesettlers.com) but did not realize that I also needed Rise of an Empire. I went to Media Markt in Brussels, Belgium and bought Rise of an Empire. I installed that, and registered it online. It seems to work. I then installed Eastern Realm, but got the message "Please insert DVD of "The Settlers - Rise of an Empire"". I tried that, but it did not work. I then disabled my firewall (Zonealarm) and tried again. This time the software downloaded an update, which took nearly 4 hours.

When that finished, I double clicked on the shortcut to Eastern Realm and got the following message: "The disc could not be found. Would you like to activate "THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire" now?"

I pressed "Activation" and got the message "Please select on of the options: I don't have an Activation Code and Would like to receive it." and "I have received my Activation Code through the Internet and would like to enter it".

I pressed "I don't have an Activation Code and Would like to receive it." and got a message asking me for my serial number. I had none for Eastern Realm so I entered the one for Rise of an Empire.

I then got a message to select one of the following: "I don't have an internet connection on this PC" and "My Internet connection is active: I would like to send the data to the server."

I chose "My Internet connection is active: I would like to send the data to the server."

I then got the message "Server Communication error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

I clicked OK and got "Activation process not completed.
You can try to activate the software again or continue the activation process via HTTP (with an Internet browser), by clicking on the generated file: "Settlers6-@ctiv.htm""

I saved the file and clicked close.
I click on the saved file and get this:

"To activate your product, click on the button to download the activation file which contains your activation code.
If you save the file at the exact same location this current file is, then the activation process will be completely automatic.

Information which will be transferred to the activation server:
cafe000184b64cbb471d00012375b8660509271dd85cd73105 aaa432a19c5db3 a12b952456ec66a70b135a60a819c7c094b9354916e408ca63 dbefe220b8768b d1801e452c038b0c03802a991d55403249cdca04ad62362e05 6ea7abca3c9dc6 f53c9ab86799d43695ffaf409e9c48b9d8c6a59b53ecc8d91b 2047944b5b3e28 5478338fe65416f209295310654a3275f8c9f54b0ab0dd4da4 81b2685a6fa591 8dd65755ce4f10ff46ff3cea49074f99b8bac4cbad2ddf7466 438f18e33b4a01 c4973326c9b5590f594512f48fbdba5c9bbc26e37a0cbfd878 d8206326980a5e b76ab1253be6db79f37a1cba6ec1833c9c8142689e6385b64e aed0895b34c466 e5b5e160c96c0a2c2cae5c5d7441c6b30989e4c5de25876d30 faa432419fe904 3b3b82e662066a97d320d6104ed6d6c4ec33eaca18b920cdc8 9b3b18316441ad 60d48033844ac9149d281f142d16d447526b4dcabf81be365f 56d860fa14ed81 3d08893f187983e2d70026898e5628e5aed965aa598834b483 244ee3c5fa447b a60a2206f40cd8f49b86220ac3b49adff41c4e78ca8bd67e33 0e7d2b61cefd3e 13d2ffb3df061dbb6d36fc79e04eb65438e30eacddcce91080 7b70c6ce488f52 ac8604fd1be1e938ab3d68f912885ac6659b64fe8749bac6c9 c43a22dbe71482 dec381b2551ca02ea058dbf04313f3bbec65c37ce4c30e1b0e a69a17d6c86da2 cb0842102def77a76b600a84caed9d3b"

I then clicked on Activation File and the browser window goes blank.

So far as I know I have all the latest patches. Rise of an Empire is v1.6.4287 and I cannot determine the version of Eastern Realm because the software will not load.

What else do I need to do to get Eastern Realm to function?

Anja9
12-25-2008, 02:13 PM
I have the exact same problem as Kraskland.

I bought my Gold Edition at a gamesshop in Denmark, Europe.

If more info is needed please let me know

P.C.H.
12-25-2008, 04:05 PM
I have the exact same problem as Kraskland,
and i olso bought my Gold Edition at a gamesshop in Denmark, Europe.

Overall_Dalton
12-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Same problem here too. Game bought in Sweden, the gold edition.

minttuli
12-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Same problem here also. Game bought in Finland (Finnish webshop), the gold edition. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

TTT86
12-27-2008, 07:00 AM
same problem here.. from denmark.

gold edition

Anniechanel
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi,

Got a problem with the Gold Edition bought in Canada, in a local store, DVD Rom, version 1.6.4287.

I've tried all tips you've given (deactivating firewall; putting the old disk; trying to get the Activation key, but the website seems not to exist anymore), but nothing works http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

The original version (PC DVD without the expansion) still works.

Can you provide some help please?

catk102
12-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I bought The Settlers Rise of an Empire complete Gold Edition on x-mas eve at Wal-mart in the US.
I have had the exact same problem as the OP and done the exact same thing.
Please advise.

RacingApe
01-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I bought my Gold Edition at a games shop in Denmark, Europe.

Same Issues, a wonderful way to get repeat purchases.

Blackmack28
01-03-2009, 05:01 AM
Same problem as about everbody else here... Got it for christmas and havent played it yet...
(I also got from Denmark)

Alzerkhan
01-03-2009, 10:33 AM
I have the exact same problem (and I mean exact same)as kraskland above. Just bought the Mission Pack - The Eastern Realm from Hamleys Retailers in Dublin today and there was no activation key or serial key on the manual or anywhere within the package or on the CD. I cannot install the game without this.

I had no probelems with the original which I had just finished, Settlers: Rise of an Empire and was looking forward to this expansion pack.
Can any one help or advise - please???

tmdoob
01-04-2009, 02:12 PM
kraskland describes problem very well. I have same problem. My Settler is DVD Gold Edition which contains original game and Eastern realm-extension. My game is bought from Finland, Jyväskylä at local store last November. I have latest patch v.1.6.

No problems at all with original game, it never ask activation or registration. Worked perfectly.

When I looked info and help at forums I noticed that they have had lots of problems with pirated games also. Same kind of issues, I think. Some one had solved the problem when downloading only patch v.1.5, not the newest one. This is not accurate info, just came to my mind now. Haven´t tried my self.

RacingApe
01-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Just wondering... is there any time line or answer to these issues from Ubisoft so far or is the issue still too new?

mmtooker
01-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Wrote an email to ubisoft about activation of easters realm and their response was it is a question for the forum and they can't help me. Meantime I spend money on a new game that does not work. I have no eastern realm expansion.
Manuela

Alzerkhan
01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Looks like Ubisoft could not be bothered looking after their customers !!! I have noticed many different threads in the forums regarding the problems a lot of people are having trying to install the Eastern Realm Expansion/Mission Pack, even after the original worked OK - some people have left threads about a month ago and still do not seem to have the issue resolved. I have sent a message to Ubisoft requesting information a few days ago for advise and still no answer from them - I thought this support service was 24/7. Can any of the moderators please advise if they have heard anything or anybody at all if they had a resolve at all.

At this stage I just want to return the game to the store, if they will accept an opened software game??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

A damn pity UBISOFT - Back to Microsofts Age of Empires series and on to Segas Total War II here I come with the refund money - I hope!!!

Moriah.Franklin
01-09-2009, 09:59 AM
i havnt had any problems with the game itself , but i cant get it registered . mylog in name for the forums wont work on the registration.

BTOG46
01-09-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm still not sure what the problem is for those of you with the Gold edition, but those of you who have the Original game, and then installed the Eastern Realm, there is no key for Eastern Realm, if you've played the original online, and entered your key, all you need to do is have the original RoaE disc in your DVD drive, and select Eastern Realm from the desktop icon or the "All Programs" menu, if you're patched to 1.6 you should have no problems.
However, if you have a trainer installed, or are using a no CD crack, you WILL have problems especially with a no CD crack, which is the main reason you see people reverting to patch 1.5.............

Anniechanel
01-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Hi,

I found a solution for the Gold edition, it works now.

The initial situation in my case was that I bought the original version and this version was obviously installed on my PC. After that, I bought the Gold edition.
So, what I did is that I deinstalled the original version, and then installed the Gold edition, using the serial key of the Gold Edition, and it now works well.

Be careful not to erase your saved games if you want to keep them (the question is triggered when you deinstall the original version).

For those of you for which this trick may help, hope you will enjoy playing Settlers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RacingApe
01-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Sadly I'm not that lucky as I went out and bought the package deal expecting it to work with my DVD-rom/CD-RW combo drive, which might make the defunc copy-protection "TAGES" unworkable.

I find this an odd "feature" as most computers these days are sold with DVD or CD RW combo drives and indeed often much much cheaper than the pure DVD-drive to be had.

Now that Ubisoft is no longer using "TAGES" would it be possible like some other gamepushers (Stormregion) to get some patch to remove the defunc "TAGES" from the title and make it playable.

I've already tried one fix from Ubisoft support that proved unworkable in my case.

cornh
01-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Gold Edition, bought it today. Same problem as above. None of the solutions work and Ubisoft´s support page is a joke.
I think Ubisoft should email me my activation code as this would be the easiest solution for me as a costumer. It is not my fault that they release a crappy product that does not work.

pkrist14
01-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Same problem as above. None of the solutions work and Ubisoft´s support page is a joke.
I think Ubisoft should email me my activation code as this would be the easiest solution for me as a costumer. It is not my fault that they release a crappy product that does not work.

Alzerkhan
01-13-2009, 04:03 AM
Two weeks later and still not a word or reply from Ubisoft Support. Their Support site is a joke!!!!!
Anyway, I brought the game back to the retailer and explained that it would not work and they allowed an exchange for another game. Needless to say it was NOT a Ubisoft game!

ms-kleaneasy
01-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Apologies to all but due to the holidays I’ve only just become aware of this issue.

We are now aware of the issue and looking into it, I will let you know as soon as I have any information. In the meantime anyone still experiencing issues please continue to provide any information on your experience you feel may be helpful in the process.

Thanks

TexasSandra
01-13-2009, 11:06 PM
I am having the exact same problem as Kraskland and the others. Bought my game through Amazon in the United States. Hope we get an answer to this soon as it is very irritating.

torben1973
01-14-2009, 04:10 AM
I am having the exact same problem as Kraskland and the others. Bought my game in a PC store in Denmark, and they have no solution, they are willing to exchange the game for me but i still like settlers

Alzerkhan
01-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Finally got a response from Ubisofts Support site and they must be having a laugh. What a joke. >>> Copied and pasted this from email response from Ubisoft >>>

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support centre. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 48 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

torben1973
01-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Still dont get it, have UBIsoft cleared the problem or did they solve your problem at all.
the problem would solve it self if ubi opened the activation server again.

cajennow
01-17-2009, 05:02 PM
I have bought the gold edition in Denmark.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifI think I have found the solution. After having installed the rise of an empire, and then the expansion eastern realms. I removed the eastern realms disk, inserted the original and found the .exe to eastern realms in the settlers folder. When starting the eastern realms from this .exe, with the rise of an empire (disk1) in the drive, the game works...

BTOG46
01-17-2009, 06:26 PM
If you look elsewhere on the forums, you'll find I've been telling people for ages you play Eastern Realm with the original Rise of an Empire disc in the drive.
On XP the game installs a desktop icon for both, and can also be found in the All Programs/Ubisoft menu, so I assume you're using Vista? if so, just make a shortcut to the exe on your desktop.

A word of warning though, if you ever wish to uninstall Eastern Realm, and plan on reinstalling later, READ the readme file for Eastern Realm. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mmtooker
01-17-2009, 07:47 PM
All the suggestions on the forum do not work for me, I still have not heard from Ubisoft about my problem with my copy of the Settlers. I bought the gold edition which supposedly include the eastern realm expansion of this gam. I play as a single player, in campain mode the game stops at level 15? Rotossories and there is no expansion after this. Help what am I doing wrong? My original version played just as far. Any suggestions I also don't have an activation code.
Manuela

pkrist14
01-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I too bought it as a gold edition from a danish internet shop.
Tried this but it does NOT solve it for me:
"After having installed the rise of an empire, and then the expansion eastern realms. I removed the eastern realms disk, inserted the original and found the .exe to eastern realms in the settlers folder. When starting the eastern realms from this .exe, with the rise of an empire (disk1) in the drive, the game works..."
Don't Ubisoft test their CD's/games before they release them? I would get fired if I was careless like that in my job...
Dont mind telling that on facebook and all the other good places on the net, if this isn't solved soon.
Ubisoft: Wake up!

lordbriggs
01-18-2009, 01:07 PM
I just bought the Eastern Realm mission add on from Game in the UK after playing the normal release version of the original release.

I have the exact same problem regarding the activation code. It just seems that the server is not working as I have been waiting for the activation code I received to be 'interpreted' for a good 30 mins now.

Can't find any solutions to this anywhere, please can someone help as soon as possible?

What are games publishers up to these days?!? I spent many days over Christmas trying to get GTAIV up and running thinking that Rockstar were alone in their crazy installations...

BTOG46
01-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Do you have any imaging software installed? and when you installed your original Rise of an Empire, was it fully patched?
Unless you've changed something, or installed something like Daemon or Magic ISO, you shouldn't be asked for your key or need to activate it with Tages.
If you had no problems with the original, the expansion should play in the same way, just have the Rise of an Empire disc in the drive and select Eastern Realm from either the "All Programs" menu or the exe (on Vista you'll have to make your own shorcut for the desktop), it works every time for me that way.
You haven't activated the original game more than the limit of three times on different computers have you?

lordbriggs
01-19-2009, 04:30 AM
no imaging software.

Latest version was fully patched and updated and have been playing it for the last month or so.

It was just your basic installation from a purchased disc disc onto computer. Just one installation so not had to activate the original more than once.

The installation of eastern realm installed a desktop icon and a all programs menu choice. Both options when selected come up with the discussed issue.

Alzerkhan
01-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Oh this is so GOOD. For once, I am having the last laugh. From my previous posts, I had contacted Ubisof and got a response about two weeks later from them saying that if I don't respond back to them in 48 hrs they will presume the issue is resolved(see above tread). What if I did respond to them. would I be waiting another two weeks??? Any way, I had brought the game back and exchanged it for a different Medieval game (a truly brilliant one).

I had previously read a thread and tried to play the game by inserting the original RoaE disc and this would not work for me, it just came up with the RoaE menu. I was thinking that it would also give an option in the main menu for E Realm also but no.

But a BIG THANKS to BTOG46, I read his response just yesterday after returning the game to the retailer about a week ago, I decided to insert the original RoaE disc and while letting the disc run, I quickly clicked on the Eastern Realm icon from the Program files menu and away we go, the Eastern Realm menu page - the works.

So for everyone out there, the game had actually installed originally, it was just coming up with "Cannot activate or cannot read disc error or whatever" etc.

I had removed the desktop icon but had not unistalled the game because when the option to unistall E Realm from Control Panel > Add/Remove programs menu, it only gave me an option to unistall all RoaE games. So either just add or replace the icon to desktop or as I did;

Insert original RoaE disc and quickly goto;
Start > Program Files > Ubisoft > Play Settlers-RoaE-Eastern Realm

A free game.

Hope this Helps!!!

RacingApe
01-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Imaging Software... oh my doesn't that sort mean every DVD/CD burner driver with a software package out there?

And perhaps it's time to give up on the idea that the use of Daemon tools is only for pirates, some of us have access to ISO files from Microsoft, and believe me it's so much less of a pain in the butt to be able to have those files on a central server, than actually remember where the bloody DVD/CD you burned is. True this is more of a work related thing, and what the heck is a game doing at work anyways, well I'm just trying to put the whole thing of Daemon Tools into perspective, it does have useful legit reasons for being on a system.

What really boggles the mind is that a company supposedly aiming to sell their game and keep their gamers coming back, would cancel their online activation route with their vendor (without setting up a new one) leaving their customers in the wind. I must admit I don't feel like a fool at all for spending money on something I like. Only to find that I'm not able to use it, while the evil mad pirates are having their fun with a game cracked wide open.

So the real question is this: "Did Ubisoft sit down and plan how to proceed when they canceled the online activation, or did it just happen as a spur of the moment trying to save some money?"

Oh and just so this stays on topic, yes I did try all the hints above and indeed more from Ubisoft support about deleting a little folder hidden by Tages at %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data

Access by going to: Start > Run > enter "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data" without the " signs.

Now this folder seems to be saving the information collected during the "Activation phase", anyways this didn't help with the issue either. So just sharing in case anyone else gets the same message.

FYI Tages is not removed when you uninstall the game (as other games might be using it), in any case, why doesn't Ubisoft let the user have the choise, Tages provides removal tools at http://www.tagesprotection.com/5.5.htm (run twice, as the first time installs them).

Alzerkhan
01-19-2009, 08:46 AM
No changes to computer at all. When installing the original RoaE disc, I did NOT have to input the CD Key code which was present on the manual. But it installed no problem and did NOT ask for the key. The games was only installed on one computer.

BTOG46
01-19-2009, 09:32 AM
@ RacingApe

Lots of people have imaging software installed, the game makes provision for it, I have Daemon tools pro, and Tages has never batted an eyelid, it just asked me to enter my key, checked it, and that was it.
The protection was slightly changed after one of the patches, that's why you see posts from people complaining that the game won't work properly if they update to patch 1.6, if they didn't use a "fixed" exe to play without the disc, 1.6 would work ok.
After 1,6, to play without the disc, just start RoaE without the disc, and Tages will check, and allow you to play with no disc in the drive.
This still works, I only recently formatted my drive, and reinstalled XP on one drive, and the Windows 7 Beta on another, and I had no problems.

@ Alzerkhan

Glad to see you managed to play Eastern Realm, and even managed to score it for free.
When you first installed Rise of an Empire, the game wouldn't ask for the key unless it detected copying/imaging software running, but if you ever decide to try the online play, you will be asked for the key.

lordbriggs
01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
What is the next step then? Is there a universal fix for this problem? Is the activation process going to get sorted?

???

BTOG46 can you not tell us what Ubisoft are doing to sort the problem? How long is it going to take?

BTOG46
01-19-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't work for Ubisoft, so I don't really have much better access to information about what they're doing than the rest of you, I'm a mod on the Ubi Far Cry forums as well, and if we get any info there, it's only about 10 minutes before a Manager posts it on the forums anyway.

Are you sure you're trying to play the expansion with the Rise of an Empire disc in the drive? as the message you're getting is the one the game gives if it doesn't detect the right disc, it will do that if you have the Eastern Realm disc in the drive.

bubbles78
01-19-2009, 04:14 PM
i have bought this game seperate from the rise of empire both from game shop and cant run it,it wants code it says on back it is dvd-rom and i bought it near stoke on trent be glad for help

BTOG46
01-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Put the original Rise of an Empire disc in the drive, if it auto runs, just exit out of the game menu., now try selecting Eastern Realm from the All Programs/Ubisoft/ menu, or the Eastern Realm desktop icon (if you have Vista you'll need to make your own desktop shortcut from the Eastern Realm exe in the folder it installed to).
The expansion is meant to be played with the Rise of an Empire disc in the drive, if you try and play with the expansion disc in the drive, the game will think you have the "insert correct disc" error, that you get with some drives, and ask if you want to activate the game.

mrmarc1974
01-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi, iv'e read all the posts and tried everything,including using rise of empire 1st disc and then clicking eastern realm exe but still asks for activation

ms-kleaneasy
01-20-2009, 10:06 AM
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Apologies to all for the time getting back to you on this.

I've been advised that all the information you need to resolve any activation issues is detailed on this site (http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=activation.htm)

I would ask anyone with outstanding issues to check it out and try any solutions offer.

IF you continue to have problems having tried everything listed on the site please contact Ubisoft support (website link is in my signature).</span>

Hinken78
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey, I tried everything. Tried to activate with or without disc. Nothing works. I also tried to send the activation code by using copy and paste as in instructions above. It's just sending and nothing happens. I have the Gold edition AND just expasion pack (got it by mistake) Tried them both but no diffrence. Is it another CD-key for the expansion pck?

Plz help

ms-kleaneasy
01-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Thank you Hinken, I'll pass that on and see what I can find out

Hinken78
01-20-2009, 04:20 PM
thnx

lordbriggs
01-21-2009, 04:27 AM
So I have read the Tages stuff and been through customer support. I have the latest patches and so on and so on.

The only avenue I can see is that when my activation process tries to connect to the server I get the message about it being forcibly closed. In the Tages site it tells us to inform the Ubisoft about a INITIAL ERROR.

I did on my support page but nothing has come out of it yet.

Can someone confirm that the activation server is actually working? Has anyone been through this process successfully yet?

mrmarc1974
01-21-2009, 06:01 AM
thanks a million to ms-kleaneasy - problem was my firewall all this time problem noe sorted all working fine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ms-kleaneasy
01-21-2009, 06:06 AM
Glad you're sorted mrmarc http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For those still experiencing problems beyond the information in the linked site we need you to file a report with Ubisoft Support. You will find the link to their site in my signature.

Talvislelu
01-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I am totally fed up with this. I was intending on being reasonable even though my nerves have been pushed to their limit, but the <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> ubisoft support site isn't functioning. I can't even leave a question about this issue.

I suffer the same problem as everyone here, bought the gold edition of the game, installed eastern realm, can't start it.

The ******ed tages site told that the error is a result of too many failed attempts of activation, funny thing, as it is the error produced by the FIRST attempt.

I am going to dedicate the rest of my gaming life to spreading the word of not buying anything that has something to do with ubisoft, such is the amount of my frustration on this issue. I paid for the game and can't play it. I'm quite sure there would have been a functioning pirated version of it available, and all those <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> are enjoying the game. Is this what the producers really want? Those <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> copy protections ONLY HARM PAYING CUSTOMERS!

RacingApe
01-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Well I had high hopes, but failed again to get the game activated.

Tages reported a wrong keycode was used the first time around, but I can't for the life of me see any flaw unless the number 11 is actually ii, it's pretty hard to read with the small dottet types chosen.

In any case after this first attempt the server just closes the connection forcibly and wants me to report this to Ubisoft:
Solution: Please contact the support of your distributor, stating the INITIAL ERROR

Hinken78
01-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Well, I tried everything. This is not a users problem. Fix a new patch that fix this. Is there anyone playing the exp. pack at all?

What do u think Ubisoft?

Br.

Hinken78
01-21-2009, 11:29 AM
And one more thing...

When I start the game, it says that I don't have the right disc. I tried with orginal disc, with the exp. pack disc and without. Always with the same error..

I tried some stuff that are recomended at this forum but it does not work.

Br.

BTOG46
01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Hinken78:
Is there anyone playing the exp. pack at all?

There are thousands of us playing the expansion.

When I start the game, it says that I don't have the right disc. I tried with orginal disc, with the exp. pack disc and without. Always with the same error..

That's what's got us all puzzled, the expansion is played with the original disc, which is the only one that might need the key when first running it, and then selecting Eastern Realm by the desktop icon or All Programs menu, there is no key for the expansion, as it's simply an extra to the original game.
The only thing the expansion does, if you haven't patched the original game, is to install patch 1.5, and then when you run the original, if you're online, it will look for and download patch 1,6

The only reason you get the "insert correct disc" error with the original, is because you either have a drive that's conflicting with the copy protection, or you have copying/imaging software installed.
Patch 1.6 allows this error to be bypassed by running without the disc to force the activation, which would then allow you to play without the disc.
Why this hasn't worked for you is the real mystery that has us tearing our hair out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Talvislelu
01-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Games really should run regardless of what software user has installed. After all he has bought the game and the right to play it. Or is it so that you buy the right to play the product only if you don't have certain software installed?

I even deleted my daemon tools in hopes of getting this crapboat running but needless to say it didn't work.

I try to run the eastern realm from the desktop icon with no disc inside or with either disc inside -> Disc not found - would you like to activate rise of an empire now? Retry / activation / Abort.

I choose activation, I dont have the code and would like to receive it -> Enter serial, I enter my rise of an empire serial -> My conneciton is active and I'd like to send the data to the server -> Server communication error connection terminated by host. This whole process is described in great detail in one of the first posts.

I can play the original game, it is 1.6 and runs fine. It's the expansion that refuses to work.

Anja9
01-21-2009, 02:01 PM
I have given up on this problem. I find it very irritating, that i need to be an expert on computers to solve this problem with the game.

I need to know everything about my software and computer to play this game.

Of all the other settlers games i have played, there have never been a problem like this.

And as written above: it cannot be the customers problem, that the game does not work.

Please patch it and fix this problem.

Thank you!

Anja

Alzerkhan
01-22-2009, 06:17 AM
See above posts!!!

Put the original Rise of an Empire disc in the drive, while the disc is auto running, select Eastern Realm from the your All Programs/Ubisoft/RoaE - Eastern Realm/Play Settlers - RoaE Eastern Realm

This has worked for me even after I returned the game to the store in frustration and got an exchange for another game.

The game had actually installed itself, even with all the error statements.

Hope this helps!!!

RacingApe
01-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Thanks Alzerkhan

Oddly enough I've tried that solution several times, when it was first given... and guess what, the game still doesn't magically turn itself into a workable state. There might be further issues for some of the people posting here, if not I think they would stop posting.

Now if you have the ultimate solution, that no one in here or indeed Ubisoft has tried, then by all means post it, but please don't just rinse and repeat.

And yes I'm getting a bit touchy about this issue,

<span class="ev_code_RED">***MODERATOR EDIT***

In view of your frustration with the issue, I'll turn a blind eye to you posting that last bit of information, instead, I've deleted the name of the site you posted, otherwise I'd have to ban you, and I've no wish to do that to someone simply trying to get his game working.</span>

RacingApe
01-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah you're right, it was a cheap shot and the reference was not suited.

So in the spirit of coorperation and constructive thinking:
Since Ubisoft is present on Steam, why not have the option to activate through that service. It seems to suit most other big games. Though for some reason no settlers games seem to be there either.

BTOG46
01-22-2009, 12:45 PM
It would make sense to do that, but I don't know the contractual details of the Ubi/Steam deal, not all the same games are available in all countries, it must be something to do with the distribution deal they have.
Also, although Ubisoft own the Developers, Blue Byte seems at times to be semi autonomous, maybe Blue Byte don't want their games on Steam, they certainly don't act like just another Ubi studio, and the biggest market for Settlers has always been BB's home market of Germany, which seems to influence a lot of their decisions, ie. only releasing certain games in German versions, and not giving them a world release, something which has long been a cause of resentment among the rest of us.

RacingApe
01-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I know my school german sure has had some exercise playing the very latest Settlers board game... well at least the military pays well and I can afford to have a game that doesn't work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif oh wait never mind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif idle hands are the devils workshop

Talvislelu
01-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Considering how a serious issue this is, I find it odd that we are offered so little information. I'm not even sure if they are actually doing anything to solve this? If they were smart they'd gift us to silent about this. I mean bought game not working at all and a month gone with no fix nor information? This can tremendously harm their reputation.

Well the dawn of war 2 is out soon so I don't need to care too long for not being able to play games I've spend my euros on.

lordbriggs
01-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Totally with Talvislelu on this one... you would have thought that there would have been some sort of announcement by Ubisoft about the issue?

But no... no apologising for the inconvenience and reassurances that it was being looked into as a matter of priority... no comment that patches on the way etc etc.

If only we were talking about Far Cry or Prince of Persia, this would have been solved in a matter of hours.

ms-kleaneasy
01-24-2009, 12:59 PM
I’m afraid I don’t have anything new for any of you on this but just to stop by and let you know I am still chasing this up, despite the quiet front its not been dropped by any means.

torben1973
01-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I think UBI is ignoring the problem, it would be so easy for them to solve it, they could remove the tages activation, in a second, by creating a new patch but no. its much more fun looking at the few writing in the forum that they have a problem but try to imagine how many that are experiencing this problem but does not complain, i suggest that we spam all blogs with ubisoft attitude towards its gamers, this should create some attention from the group not complaining.
I have had my game for allmost two months gold edition, the first month i played settlers and tried to install eastern realm, none of the solutions suggested anywere helps, this was my last ubigame, never again i liked settlers but nothing can make me buy ubisoft games ever again, i think i will just wait for Diablo 3 and inform the gameshops were i live to take back all the settlers 6 goldedition from the shelves and take the offer up from the store to return the game goodbye ubisoft.
oh by the way i spend more than 16 hours trying different solutions reinstalling vista reinstalling settlers several times so anyone experiencing the problem for the first time save yourself the effort return the game to the store.!!!!!!

Anja9
01-27-2009, 09:29 AM
i also reinstalled the game several times. Not letting it update all the patches and so on. I have been on hold, trying to contact ubisoft - for about 2-3 hours. And the havn't been able to solve the problem.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

ms-kleaneasy
01-27-2009, 10:40 AM
torben spamming will not help anyone resolve the issue, if anything it will succeed only in ensuring you are ignored so I would strongly advise against any such action. With regard to those having issues that haven’t posted on the forums, I would imagine they have contacted Ubi support, they will not as you suggest be sitting on the purchase of a game they can’t use. No one is that wealthy.

@ Anja – I am sorry it’s taking you so long to get through but the US support number is a free call so I can only suggest you keep patient and bear with it.

@ ALL – Thank you all for your patience so far. I’ve spoken with Support about this matter and they are dealing with issues on a case by case basis. They do however need those persons to actually contact them so that they can address each one.

I realise some have reported issues trying to get assistance through the support site, where this is the case please keep all ticket numbers issued and if still unresolved send me the ticket numbers via the forums private message system (right click my username and from the menu select to send private message). I can then pass this information to support that can chase up why the ticket hasn’t been resolved etc.

Anyone unable to actually file a request for assistance due to any errors etc please record any error message etc or screen shot the page as we are not aware of any issues with the actual site so if members are having issues we will need to know what the problem is so we may address it. Again if this happens please contact me via pt so I can pass the information on.

BTOG46
01-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Well, I've been experimenting with all kinds of setups, trying to reproduce the error, and so far, I've only been able to partially reproduce it, and even then, only on the Beta of Windows 7.

At the moment, I'm dual booting with Windows XP SP3, and the Windows 7 Beta, so I'm testing on the same hardware.
On XP, I have no problems whatsoever, but on Windows 7, which is basically just an improved Vista, I had a few problems.

On Win 7, I had trouble installing, as the Tages drivers were incompatible, and I had to search the Tages site and download the latest version, the game would install, but obviously, without Tages, also, even after installing Eastern Realm, the autopatch refused to work, so I had to install it manually.

When I first tried to run RoaE, to my surprise, I got the "Insert Correct Disc" error, Win XP has never had any problem recognising the disc.
So I removed the disc, restarted the game, and the Activation kicked in, entered my key, and seconds later it was verified, which meant I no longer needed the disc to be in the drive.
I then played both RoaE and Eastern realm from the desktop shortcuts I'd created, and the only problem I found, was an unknown error when trying to play online, but given the problems lately on the Ubi game servers for other games, it may just be server problems, I'll try the online again tomorrow.

RacingApe
01-30-2009, 05:06 AM
Well I seem to be the odd one then...

My setup includes:
A non-windows firewall (comodo)
one and only one DVD drive that happens to be a Sony combi drive (CD-RW), I assume Ubisoft and Sony aren't "at war" on the games market that much yet.

Anyways would it be possible to get a bit of information in regards to the ports, that's required for Tages protection and Settlers 6 to function fully? The included auto-setup of my windows firewall option, doesn't help as it's not in use http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tmdoob
01-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Hmph. I´m also very annoyed about this issue. It doesn´t matter what I try, result is always the same. "The disk could not be found....". And activation is always closed by the server ´cos "Invalid serial number."

I think I just will give up soon. There is always better games to play, and here better means working without problems or with problems that are possible to solve. Playing is meant to be fun, this is not. But please let´s share ideas, I´m still eager to try new ways. I really do like settlers.

ms-kleaneasy
01-30-2009, 10:37 AM
racingape & tmdoob have either of you contacted support as suggested earlier??

To get you both some assistance on this I do need you both to file a support ticket

RacingApe
01-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Support... hehe... well I've a ticket open, updated and put on hold since January 9. 2009
meaning they've tried and sadly not quite succeeded in getting the game expansion to work, and it's not really that fun any more to just being able to run the main game.

Oh yeah, I'm on my 3rd different Ubisoft support tech, they seem to bounce me around. I do hope it's because it get escalated to Tier 2 and 3 support, but I doubt it. Ohhh and I would still like the technical help on the ports as I'm beginning to fear that any non-windows firewall is out of Ubisofts scope.

Reference #
090109-000195
Product
PC Titles
The Settlers 6
Retail DVD Version
Category
Installation
Date Created
01/09/2009 15:55
Last Updated
01/28/2009 12:45
Status
Holding

RacingApe
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Oh my God, I'm believing in leprechauns and elf's now, for some reason the game managed to activate.

Hold the press, hold the ticket and hold the upset forum poster...

Only possible things I can think of is "don't try and activate with any DVD in the drive", though I'm sure that's a fluke.

BTOG46
01-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Glad to hear you finally managed to get the activation to work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

One thing for all of you to remember though, is that if you start the game with no disc in the drive, once activated, the game only allows a total of three activations on different computers, and major changes, ie. a new CPU, would make Tages regard it as a different computer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ms-kleaneasy
01-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by RacingApe:
Oh my God, I'm believing in leprechauns and elf's now, for some reason the game managed to activate.

Hold the press, hold the ticket and hold the upset forum poster...

Only possible things I can think of is "don't try and activate with any DVD in the drive", though I'm sure that's a fluke.

Excellent news http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Reading your other post I was just getting ready to send the ticket numbers in for query but glad to see it got sorted even if it did test your patience for a while http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

erica78
01-30-2009, 04:02 PM
I have the same problem as the rest of you with getting the activation code. RacingApe - what did you do to get it working? Should I call the support center or what?

RacingApe
01-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Well in my case, I ended up being given a new code for the game. But that didn't work for me either. I decided to give the Tages stuff one more chance after installing more RAM and a new networkcard (that shouldn't have had an effect and I doubt it did) only this time around I forgot to put the DVD in the drive and it worked. The game now runs without any DVD at all including not using the main game DVD.

BTOG46
01-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Which is exactly what I've been telling people to do if they get the "Please insert the correct CD" error, it's even in a sticky, immediately below this thread on the forum.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1083365/m/1821026576 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6061083365/m/1821026576)

totalnuts
01-31-2009, 05:08 AM
bought mine in freerecord shop the netherlands
hope this problem will be solved soon, i start to think of downloading a cracked version already, it is annoying an should not be happening give 30 € for it an can't play at all
really ........

RacingApe
01-31-2009, 07:44 AM
I didn't get the "insert correct DVD" error, it just jumped straight to Tages activation step. Just in case that's somewhat helpful for you and the others.

ersiinzengiin
02-01-2009, 03:40 AM
I have Settlers heriage of Kings Gold Edition i play with computers but computers do nothing they just stand.. and i want play online but i am only nobdy else play that? help me please

BTOG46
02-01-2009, 07:30 AM
@ ersiinzengiin

This is the Rise of an Empire forum, you'll find the Heritage of Kings forum here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/340109713

As far as your present problem is concerned, that's happening because you're trying to play a multiplayer map, maps that have a number at the front of the map name, are meant for playing against human opponents, the multiplayer maps have no AI enemies, that's why the enemies do nothing.

lordbriggs
02-03-2009, 02:37 AM
i would be interested to know if all the people who are experiencing this problem are trying to use the DVD key codes from the main game or the expansion pack. I didn't get an key code with the Eastern Realm so when the activation process asks me for one I used the code from the original game. I think this is wrong and somewhere down the line someone has made a bit of a c**k up regarding the activation/dvd keys.

Now I have a ticket waiting with second level support, as Racing Ape did, to get a new code because they think that when I used the other one I got blocked out by the server.

As soon as Racing Ape got his new code it works for him - following BTOG's instructions...

Seems like we are slowly getting to the bottom of this... but it has just taken ages and with very little help from Ubisoft.

We all just need new DVD keys I think?

totalnuts
02-03-2009, 05:05 AM
didn't get a key for mission pack either, used the 1 from the orginal it is asking for that DVD also http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gaia1976
02-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I just bought the game a few days ago. I have the same problem as everyone else.

I have tried everything people before me have suggested and nothing works.

I have for ages ago bought the setttlers - rise of a nation. and liked it, so i decided to buy the expansion pack too.

I now have the settlers - gold edition

Bought in a pc-shop in a town in Denmark.

My start system is vista my internet security is AVG and i use firefox when i open the internet. That is alle the programs i have on my computer beside programs like Div-x witch normal comes together with a pc-game when u buy it. and i have curse-client whitch i use when i play wow.

Im telling what programs i have on my computer because im not sure what kind of programs u are talking about. I think there were 2 programs mentioned that could give problems with the activation code.

I will now try to translate the message i get, when i want to play the eastern game.

I installed the normal game first, then i installed the eastern cd/dvd ( dont know the diffrent between a cd/dvd they looks the same. but this gold edition have 2 disks )

I can play the normal without any problems.
But when i want to play the easter game i get a box.

Blue Byte GmbH ( this is the top line on a light blue background)

On the big box it says:

The disk could not be found. Would u like to activate " THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire" now?

The i get 3 choices:

Retry Activation Abort

Then i choose the Activation and i get a new box:

Settlers6 - @ctiv ( this is the top text on a light blue background)

then in the big box it say:

Pleaser select one of the optins: ( this is red)

1) I don`t have an Activation Code and would like to recieve it.

2) I have received my Activation code through the internet and would like to enter it.

I tjeck the number 1 choice.

The a new box comes up:

I here have to enter the serial number.
I got that in the gold edition. its just not called a serial number but an online keycode. ( if those are not the same plz let me know. and i have tried both the letter o and the number 0 because its not easy to know if the circle is the letter or the number. )

After i have typed it in i click on NEXT

then a new box comes up and i mark the :

My internet connection is active: Iwould like to send the data to the server.

Then i click NEXT.

then i get this message:

Server communication error:
En eksisterende forbindesle blev tvansafbrudt af en ekstern vært.

Translation: if the danish message. Maby someone can translate it better than me but here goes:

An(en) existing(eksiterende) connection(forbindelse) got(blev) forsed shut down(tvans-afbrudt) by(af) an(en) extern(ekstern) host(vært)

Then i get a new box where the text is in red:

Activation process nor completed.

You can try to activate the software again or continue the activation process via HTTP ( with an internet browser), by clicking on the genrated file:

"Settlers6 - @ctive.htm"

then i click save and i save a file in the settlers directory.

then i get to the internet page and the following message comes:

To activate your product, click on the button to download the activation file witch contains your activation code.
If you save the fine at the exact same location this current file is, then the activation process will be completly automatic.

The i can click on a light gray box whitch say:

Get Activation file

And underneath they is a text followed by a lot of numbers and letters.

Information witch wil be transfered to the activation server:
----------------------------------------
And here is all the letters and number about 16 lines.

after i click on:
Get activation file

Im transfered to an other internet page:
http://tpamaint.tages-protection.com/register/ul.htm

and its totaly blank. i get nothing, no code, no nothing.

What can i do to get the game to play.
I have not had any plroblems with instaletion of pc-games before. normaly i just enter the disk in the cd/dvd place in the computer and then a wizard program starts and i just have to say yes to where i want to install my game, and then at some point the game want me to enter the code for the game. and after i have done that the game usually works.
What is so diffrent with this one. Do i need a master degree in computer stuff to get this game to work?

I have even tried to shut down my firewall and made my hole computer free to all virus and stuff from the internet. witch i find to be realy not good.

well i hope someone can help me, and if so tell it in normal english without any fancy computer words plz.

Yours
Line Hansen

BTOG46
02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
The reason the game asked you if you wish to activate the game, is because you were trying to play with the Eastern Realm expansion disc in the drive.
Eastern Realm is NOT played from the Eastern realm disc, all the disc is for is to install the expansion.
To play Eastern Realm you use the Rise of an Empire disc in the drive, and select Eastern Realm from either the desktop shortcut (if you use Vista, you'll have to create your own shortcut), or the "All Programs" menu.

As you had no problem with the original version, there's no need to activate it.

totalnuts
02-05-2009, 12:04 AM
well run the game the first time indeed without dvd but ask for the original rise op an empire for activation an still the problem stays he somply denied it

gaia1976
02-05-2009, 11:21 AM
As mentioned in the previus message i said i had tried the solutions in the others messages and therfore i have tried to play the eastern game with the first cd , with the last and with out any. that means i have tried all 3 solutions, since they all work for diffrent people.

So plz try come up with a solution that have not yet been mentioned in any of the other message since i have tried them.

the only solution i have not tried fullest is the one with the link, there i have only tried this one

http://www.tagesprotection.com...?page=activation.htm (http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=activation.htm)

i have tried one, and that was the one that sugested that i turned off the firewall.

the others i have no idea what that is. never head of something called a tages before.

And i just want to play the game for god sake. not spend a lot of time trying to make it work.

And plz tell my game that it dont need an activation code because it keeps ask for one.

Yours
Line Hansen

adiel_786
02-06-2009, 11:10 AM
I have a gold edition and suffering same problem. Ubisfot has advised me and given me even a new serail code but I cannot get game to work despite switching off firewall.

Giving them another opportunity. am sick deleting game and re-installing. Original disk was fine. tried the option of original disk when playing eastern realsm. doesn't work.

Mads9832
02-08-2009, 07:50 AM
If you look in the beggining of the topic you see everyone with the problem is from Norway, Denmark (me included) sweden and germany. And that the problem is with some "remote host" so my guess would be you just have a problem with the server covering that area. If anyone read this anymore could you check that?

minttuli
02-09-2009, 05:42 PM
^I'm from Finland and having problems also..

6. On the activation screen, enter your multiplayer cd-key. This key is located on the back of your game manual at the bottom left-hand corner. (It will begin with: SE6). After entering the cd-key, press Next.

I have only online keycode on my quickstart manual (there is no other manual in gold edition), not serial.. Where I can have that serial, or whatever multiplayer cd-key because it's asking it and first says "wrong key", then I tried to use 0 or Q, because of your tips and now just "server communication error".. Nothing happends, even if I put some spofspodkfsldf into box, it's only "server communication error". I don't have firewall on.
OMG I'm so tired about these problems!!!!

edit: Now it has been "interpreting data" maybe 10 minutes..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

edit2: Nothing.. Doesn't work and I think I don't have right key. There was "You can contact Ubisoft Technical Support via web at: http://support.ubi.com "
BUT?! How can I ask anything about ubisoft, because that link is not working if I choose "ask a question"?! I'm really loosing my nerves, because nothing seems to not work in ubisoft!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

edit3: When i try to play online game in orginal settlers an rise of an empire, it also says that my cd-key is wrong. It start's with se6...

lordbriggs
02-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Mads9832:
If you look in the beggining of the topic you see everyone with the problem is from Norway, Denmark (me included) sweden and germany. And that the problem is with some "remote host" so my guess would be you just have a problem with the server covering that area. If anyone read this anymore could you check that?

Naa I am from the UK and having the same problem. I think it is to do with the key codes that come with the games not working for whatever reason. I am still waiting for a new one from the support team... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

minttuli
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Wheeee, ubisoft support sites question site is working now and I hope they finally will help me with this problem.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ms-kleaneasy
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by lordbriggs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mads9832:

Naa I am from the UK and having the same problem. I think it is to do with the key codes that come with the games not working for whatever reason. I am still waiting for a new one from the support team... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As previously stated anyone not receiving assistance from support should contact me in PT, please be able to quote your support ticket when doing so.

I can chase up any tickets which have not been resolved or remain outstanding, although I would ask everyone allow a reasonable time for a ticket to be resolved first

kisue8
02-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I'm having the exact same problem described oh so many times before in this topic (I won't write the details, what is happening to me is the exactly same story that gaia1976 posted). I tried to the support site but there was some sort of problem and I'm too tired to try again, just trying to get rid of my frustration by posting at least this... I hope this problem gets solved soon, my first game from ubisoft isn't giving me too much of a good impression ^^; And yes, I will try the support site again but not today... But then again, if no one here has actually gotten the game to work with the help of the support, I might not bother. Maybe I'll just wait until I hear that there is a solution to get the game to work. I think many people with this problem might feel this way :P

Jeracan
02-14-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm from Norway, bought the Gold Edition today. And ofc I ended up with the same problems everyone else here had. After reading 5 pages with posts and trying every single (trick) even
the ones from BTOG46, I stil end not getting the game to run (eastern realm). First one works fine. But I / we can just hope something happends in the future to fix this, or perhaps
it might be easier wait for a new Settler game
to realse :P

totalnuts
02-14-2009, 01:11 PM
well at last after all the problems the activations problem were over, he went through
but unfortually i got the notice that the serial was expired it is on the DVD?????
how can it be expired

well sorry folds but games an the problem for it maked ne download the cracked version next time
no way i buy this **** anymore

P.C.H.
02-17-2009, 10:08 AM
it is nerly 2 mounts sins i last poste about my problem, and noting hav hapent at ALL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif sins that.

but i stil hope the problem can be fixt http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

ms-kleaneasy
02-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by P.C.H.:
it is nerly 2 mounts sins i last poste about my problem, and noting hav hapent at ALL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif sins that.

but i stil hope the problem can be fixt http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Did you report the issue to tech support?

debrat1959
02-26-2009, 09:19 PM
I have the same problem as above. I bought the game at a retail store in Australia

erica78
02-27-2009, 12:38 AM
I finally got Eastern Realm working after being in contact with the support team! I got all sorts of strange advise, but I suspect it was the fact that I turned off my Internet-connection that solved it. I got new exe-files as well but I'm not sure that made any difference. I didn't have to activate the game at all and I don't need a CD to play.

Good Luck to the rest of you..

Anzzik
03-03-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi everybody!

I think I have the ultimate solution! Just install the game (gold edition + eastern realms) and patch the game to ver1.6. Then just copy the settlers6.exe from base\bin folder to the extra1\bin folder and replace the old settlers6.exe file.

The next step is to enjoy the game (without the DVD inserted)! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Bonkfish666
03-03-2009, 07:53 AM
I can CONFIRM Anzzik's solution. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Bonk

totalnuts
03-03-2009, 09:14 PM
yup Anzzik way to go worked fine here also
thx m8

marnick1997
03-04-2009, 08:25 AM
At first I had the same problem with vista but its working now. I installed Rise Of The Empire than The eastern Realm. to play the Eastern Realm I take the Rise Of The Empire (the first game) and clic on the icon of The Eastern Realm (Mission pack) and you can start to play

popbob1967
03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
yo anzzik
that´s the solution
thanks a lot friend.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Queen_Cat
03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Anzzik!!! You have NO idea what a hero you are!!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I bought the gold edition just a couple of weeks ago, and feel in love immediately! But i was stuck with the same problems as everyone else in here - having the expansion pack not working! I ofcoz tried all the other suggestions in here, but none worked - so i have been soooo sad and annoyedhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

But then you write this simple solution and it WOOORKS! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thank you, thank you, thank you - actually think you should make a thread with this solution, so everyone can get to enyou the gamehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GOD - im glad, i checked the forum today!

pilot22man
03-05-2009, 05:11 AM
I dont know how you did it but it works...thanx

Anzzik
03-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Queen_Cat:

Thank you, thank you, thank you - actually think you should make a thread with this solution, so everyone can get to enyou the gamehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah. I don't think that I'll do a separate thread for this because I think it's useless. This thread stays at the beginning of the forum so the answer can be easily found from here. If somebody disagrees I'm sure you can make the thread. But anyway I'm happy that the solution has worked out fine and hopefully there isn't any problems with the solution. The main thing is that the game we love works!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

lordbriggs
03-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Well I'll be damned... it bloody works!!!

Thanks a million Anzzik!

Malgiliath
03-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Somebody somewhere must be listening to everyone on here because I loaded Eastern Realm last night, it patched to 1.6 and worked straight away with no problems at all

Mic2670
03-18-2009, 10:58 AM
what the...... well Anzzik... ur just great man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.. i was about to throw my computer outta the window right before i read ur solution xD. thanks,

BTOG46
03-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Of course, you could always just download the new 1.7 patch, problem solved without having to do anything then. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Settlers Rise of an Empire Patch ver 1.7. 161mb (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/settlers_6/settlers_6_v1.7.exe)

lawson1970
03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Howdy all, ok having some problems with my game so here we go:

I have The Settlers Rise of an Empire Gold Edition that I bought at Best Buy in Seattle. The game is fine, playing the base game now not the expansion yet. Was trying to install the patch 1.77 that you have a link for in your last post. But, everytime i do, and no matter were i go to get the patch it brings up a box on my screen saying, "The installed version of THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire is not compatible with this update!"

I have tried patch 1.5 1.6 1.7 and 1.77. They all pop up the same exact box. Any help would be appreciated.

kraskland
04-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Just wanted to follow up on my first post. I applied the v1.77 patch and everything seems to work fine now. Thanks!

xccvetx
06-11-2009, 02:50 AM
any word yet on the last question about lawson1970 's issue as i have the same problem. gold version with eastern expansion dvd in usa from local store. same exact issues as he stated here:

Howdy all, ok having some problems with my game so here we go:

I have The Settlers Rise of an Empire Gold Edition that I bought at Best Buy in Seattle. The game is fine, playing the base game now not the expansion yet. Was trying to install the patch 1.77 that you have a link for in your last post. But, everytime i do, and no matter were i go to get the patch it brings up a box on my screen saying, "The installed version of THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire is not compatible with this update!"

I have tried patch 1.5 1.6 1.7 and 1.77. They all pop up the same exact box. Any help would be appreciated.

BTOG46
06-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Go into the folder the game is installed to, look in both Program Files/Ubisoft/THE SETTLERS-Rise of an Empire/base/bin and Program Files/Ubisoft/THE SETTLERS-Rise of an Empire/extra/bin and if you see a config file called "s6patch.ini" delete it.

Now install Patch 1,71 (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/settlers_6/settlers_6_v1.7.1.exe) and it should update ok.

Jourei
06-13-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm havin'g an different kind of problem. Somehow the patch can't write into a file.
The autopatch:
"Trying to get update information to C:\Users\PC1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiC97E.tmp.
Found update (Patch, all, all).
Trying to download update file from http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/set...ettlers_6_v1.7.1.exe (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/settlers_6/settlers_6_v1.7.1.exe). Destination: C:\Users\PC1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiCB15.tmp.exe.
Successfully downloaded update file.
Verifying downloaded file's CRC: 235b3ba5. Expected: 235b3ba5.
Downloaded update file was not issued by a trusted authority and won't be executed.
Unable to delete file: C:\Users\PC1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiCB15.tmp.exe."

I managed to take that file from he temporary folder and tried to update it manually, well. It went all fine untill:
"Can't write: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\base\support\GameUpdates\S6GameUpdate.exe"
Nothing seems to be visibly wrong for my eyes. Ofcourse the patch file has authorities to do whatever it wants.

So, what can I do to it? The game tough works all fine.

BTOG46
06-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Sounds like you have an unpatched game on Vista, the auto patch always fails on an unpatched Vista install.

You need to download and install the patch manually, after that the auto patcher will work.

The issue in this line of your post, "Downloaded update file was not issued by a trusted authority and won't be executed." may be down to Administrator settings on your computer, you may actually have to run the patch exe "As Administrator" if that is the case, if the problem persists, you may even have to turn off the Vista User Account Control in order to install the patch.

xccvetx
06-13-2009, 05:06 PM
ok got past the update by deleting the ini file , now i cant get online as it still wont validate my key, again its the gold edition with eastern realm on dvd rom bought locally in usa. in the game when i try to go to online game, it now has the create account shaded out and nonworking. and when i try to login with the key provided in the case, it erros and tells me unable to validate key. i registered thru the website originally before the patch, but its not working
any help is appreciated

BTOG46
06-13-2009, 06:26 PM
It sounds as though you're not connecting with the Ubi server, the server is online, I just checked to make sure, so you might need to make sure you're allowing the game to access the server, check your firewall/router port settings.

xccvetx
06-14-2009, 06:42 PM
hey, what a great moderator, fast replies, thank you very much. unfortunetly i already checked the typical problems such as the firewall, which is zonelabs and its configured properly for settlers6 and eastern realm. any other suggestions would be appreciated. i registered on the site and the password user combo works there of course to allow me to post here, but same "game cannot validate cd key" error in game

BTOG46
06-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Well, at the moment, the log in server is down, so no one can log in to any of Ubi's games that use that server, hopefully, the server should be back up when the tech guys get into work in the morning, and fix things. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Kyrene
08-31-2009, 02:07 AM
I recently bought the "Exclusive: The Settlers VI: Rise of An Empire" version, which includes the "Eastern Realm" DVD. The original game (version 1.64something) ran fine, but the expansion won't start up, even with the original disc in the drive. Is this due to different EXE versions in the base\bin and extra\bin (they look different, I'm guessing the extra one is unpatched as it is installed 'out the box') and is it okay to copy the one in base\bin over the other. I presume I can then patch up to 1.71?

BTOG46
08-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Probably the easiest way, is to delete the S6Patch.ini in both Program Files\Ubisoft\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\base\bin, and Program Files\Ubisoft\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\extra1\bin.

Then, manually download and install Patch 1,71 (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/settlers_6/settlers_6_v1.7.1.exe) which removes the Tages DRM, and allows play without the discs being needed.

Kyrene
09-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
Probably the easiest way, is to delete the S6Patch.ini in both Program Files\Ubisoft\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\base\bin, and Program Files\Ubisoft\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\extra1\bin.
Thanks BTOG46. Worked like a charm!

lomion_tam
09-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Alrighty, this one's gonna be good...

I purchased the original RoaE back last October (2008) and I've been addicted since. I love the game, and when I found there was an expanion pack I was chomping at the bit to obtain it. Well tonight (september 2009) I purchased the GOLD edition new from a local Gamestop for $20 US. I popped the disc in and it just loaded up regular ol' settlers 6. Thinking it would need a fresh install, I uninstalled my game and sacrificed my largely beat game (I was on level 12 or 13 I think?) in the hopes for a 100% clean install. I went and uninstalled and reinstalled from the Gold edition disc. Leaving the gold disc in thinking the computer would need to access files from it for expansion pack, I went to start the game and nothing. I hopped on the forum for help and was kind of disappointed there were no official instructions or patches from either company. I realize BlueByte is a subcompany, but I'd think someone would offer support better than what most of the other users seem to be getting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I tried dragging the icons over to the desktop and launching from there. I could not launch the game from there, nor could I ever in the past- the computer I have would not permit me to run the game without the disc in the drive, so that one is out. Next I tried the method of dragging the .exe file from one bin folder to another as supposedly that would fix the problem. That totally killed my Settlers game to the point it would not even start to run. I received this error:
"Settlers 6 launcher [header]
Failed to start Settlers 6 - Eastern Realm game executable (error code 620003).

reinstallation may fix the problem."

I am running Vista Premium SP2 and I do not have any daemon drives (I don't even know what those are!) or software of that nature, or if I do I didn't know it. I'm on a toshiba laptop right of the shelf. I am administrator and I turned off the user-account control settings as they drive me crazy. I have firewall and virus protection as well. Settlers 6 has permission to run on my computer.

I never received the activation code with the gold edition packaging. It was a standard-sized CD case box (the kind for DVDs) with a cardboard slip of identical images over top. I have a code for my original settlers game, but will that even help me? I never could get the code to work. It begins with SE6 and ends with F8PN. I typed it in exactly into the activation slot and it always said invalid or something to that affect.

After the major fail, I uninstalled AGAIN and reinstalled from scratch. I let it do the automatic update and followed the prompt for the additional update. However, it said it was not compatible. Following the forum prompt, I went and deleted the S6.ini patch file from both locations. I then overrode with the 1.7 patch and went and manually launched the game from Program Files folder. I can launch the game from there, discless, only. Will update after I play the game to see if it works.

BTOG46
09-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Prior to patch 1.7, unless you had the Digital Download version, the Tages DRM always required the disc in the drive, as part of the security check.

And to play Eastern Realm, the disc needed in the drive was not the Eastern Realm expansion, but the Rise of an Empire one.

As for

I then overrode with the 1.7 patch and went and manually launched the game from Program Files folder. I can launch the game from there, discless, only

that's because patch 1.7 removed the Tages DRM, and also any need for the disc check.

If you ever wish to play online in mp, you'll need to make sure you have patch version 1.71, as patch 1.7 inadvertently allowed the use of sp game cheats to work in mp.

Steven0011
01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
First off, I wanted to thank all the people who have offered assistance on this thread!
All the tips on how to patch the Gold Version of the game to version 1.71 made it run without any issues.

While I'm not presenting any new information here, I hope this recap will help anyone still having issues with the retail DVD-ROM Gold Edition of the game.

The CD Key is printed inside the DVD Case on the Settlers 6/Silent Hunter paper insert (it's on the Silent Hunter side of the insert at the very bottom of the paper). While the CD Key is not needed to install the software, it is needed if/when you create a multiplayer account for online play.

Activation Code - As far as I can tell, this is not needed for the Gold Version of the game which is version 1.6.4287. The activation was a requirement of the TAGES copy protection which was removed starting in patch version 1.6. The Game Menu Screen that has an entry field for it probably should have been removed in the code that patches the game. I'm guessing it was probably an oversight. Just don't put anything into the field and you shouldn't have an issues.

Patching - To patch the Gold Version to version 1.71 (which is highly recommended), just go into
the THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\base\bin folder and extra\bin folder (for the Easterm Realm addon) and remove OR rename the S6Patch.ini. It's read only, but you should be able to remove that property by right clicking on the file and uncheck the read only attribute.
Once that' done, you can update using the 1.71 patch.

I installed and patched to 1.71 before ever loading the game, and it launched and has been running without any problems. I would say that anyone who is having issues, back-up your save games, uninstall the entire game. Reinstall but don't run the game, and then patch immediately to 1.71

sunbeam26390
02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
I have a new laptop with w7 64bit and the tages is for me certainly not compatible. I can play The Settlers rise of an empire on the new laptop with no problem. However when I try to load The Eastern Realm mission pack it doesnt like it and wont install. The tages driver makes my laptop hang. Anyone else with this problem???

Sorry if this has been posted by others but am relatively new here.

Sunbeam

masterphantom
05-09-2010, 12:38 PM
i recently bough settlers 7 path to a king dom. I install the game and download the patch then go to play but i get a error that says. ubisoft game launcher: error code 1. HOW DO I FIX

randyz48
07-06-2012, 02:10 PM
i was told by ubisoft that the cd key and activation key are the one and the same. so i tried this and it says this is not a valid. so i wrote back saying it did not work. received any answered me yet. they do not answer very fast. still waiting.

Gold Edition, bought it today. Same problem as above. None of the solutions work and Ubisoft´s support page is a joke.