PDA

View Full Version : no cd key, no multie player, no compass

satanaclaus666
09-03-2006, 09:20 AM
i just baught far cry yesterday, its a great game but i wanted to play online after going thrue about 6-7 levels of the game,
the game ran fine before the patches, the game has never been installed on this pc before.windows fire wall is off, no anti virus progs are running, norton is configured to let all trafic from all far cry programs on any port, no router,

also after the patches i no longer get the compass or the flashing blue "where too go next arrows"

i installed all the patches and when i go to play multi player i click on "internet" and nothing happens,no logging in to ubie soft...nadda, hit "refresh" nadda
then i try to host a game and the game tells me i have an invalid cd key, i know where the cd key is but it has never asked me to enter it at any time and i can not find a manual logg in, any were in the game its self, i have been thrue 90% of this forum and can not find any answers,
please help if possible, and if the only solution to fixxing the game is to un install and re-instal i am going to throw the game out my window, as the anti copy protection makes my very expensive and fast dvd drive take over an hour to install the game...
thanks

hervig
09-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Only use patch 1.3, 1.31 & 1.33... NOT all of them!

See http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/170106891/m/3541062673 for details...

satanaclaus666
09-03-2006, 01:06 PM
uhhhmmmm thanks but your advice is wronge you need to install all the patches/ you just cant install ver.1.33 you must install vers 1.31 first...etc...etc
for ****s and giggles i tryed just installing one patch just does not work...so thanks but.....no go

edit: opps sorry i mis read your post... i did install the three patches only... thanks again....still a no go