k2overlord
10-05-2008, 02:23 PM
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/k2overlord/Rainbowsixvegas2story.jpg

What the fuc* is that??

My VGA: NVidia GeForce 8600GT Driver: 178,13

How i can fix this problem??

Lethal1940
10-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Many things can cause this error message!
See if anything here will help!

General Protection Fault Help! (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000224.htm)

PLAYWITHME666
10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by k2overlord:

What the fuc* is that??

ur driver and gc mean noting what is ur COMPLETE CONFIGURATION !!!

k2overlord
10-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Motherboard: Foxconn VS A6VMX
Processor: Phenom X3 8450 Clock 2.1
Ram Memory: 2x 2Gb DDR2 800MHz kingston
VGA Off-Board 1: GeForce 8600GT 512Mb GDDR2 (Em uso)
VGA Off-Board 2: ATI Radeon 9600PRO 128Mb GDDR
VGA On-Board: ATI Radeon x1200
Monitor: LG LCD Flatron L1918s 1280x1024
HD: Samsung HD502IJ 500Gb
SO 1: Windows XP SP3 32bit
SO 2: Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit

if i try use my Radeon X1200 Onborad for play the game, can stop this problem?

k2overlord
10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
i cleaned my computer and desfragmented

all ok now

thanks

CV_op1e
10-08-2008, 05:41 PM
This is killing me. I have this problem too, and no amount of defrag/cleaning/reinstall can fix it. Only happens when I host or play TH on Lan. Can play in friends servers all nite, no crash. Clocked everything stock, stability tested, reinstalled the game, tried on different OS with Diff drivers and same thing. Maybe cause they're both 64bit?

neilthecellist
10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Some of my friends have this problem. As an ex-mapper for Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3, I see the GPF (General Protection Fault) error throughout the course of DESIGNING the maps for the game, but never AFTER the maps are handed to the player.

Ubisoft should be really ashamed of themselves. GPF errors should never be in the hands of a customer, but in the hands of the developer so that the developer can fix it before handing the map/game to the customer.

viduus1969
10-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Same problem as well just got it about 5mins ago,very anoying i hope they release a patch too fix that and other issues with the game. Please hurry boys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

viduus69@hotmail.com

"Theres no sense in living, If you can't feel alive".

bamster0981
10-12-2008, 09:02 PM
My friend and I just baught the digital version last night. Everything installed nice, game plays nicely but everytime we go to EXIT the game we get that same error. Only when exiting though. The game has yet to crash mid gameplay. Never fails though, each time i hit exit the gpf comes up.

darkmoon_95
10-18-2008, 08:20 PM
General protection fault!

History: Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 () Address = 0x4fe58904 (filename not found)
DareObjectFactory:http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifareObjectF actory() Address = 0x10aecece (filename not found) need help!!!
ati radeon 200 series(latest driver)

JulianRoyal
10-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by k2overlord:

What the fuc* is that??

* New ENEMY upgrade Oct 14th 2008 *
Adjust the anti-aliasing settings to work with your GPU for this particular game.
(A segmentation fault (often shortened to segfault) is a particular error condition that can occur during the operation of computer software. A segmentation fault occurs when a program attempts to access a memory location that it is not allowed to access, or attempts to access a memory location in a way that is not allowed (for example, attempting to write to a read-only location, or to overwrite part of the operating system). Systems based on processors like the Motorola 68000 tend to refer to these events as address or bus errors)
- glitch, needs a patch -

ricey1966
11-24-2008, 10:39 AM
hi, i have suffered with this error also,and more severe probs such as b.s.o.d and the pc shutting down(power off) whilst playing this game,but i may of found a fix,basically i updated the direct-x9c from august08 version to nov08 which left the gen protect fault,no bsod or power off, so i downloaded the latest visual basic c++2008 un-installed the 2005 version that ships with the game,and installed the 2008 version,have not had 1 crash ect since,have played (hosted) for some 15hrs or so,still monitoring it,you can get both the direct x 9c (nov2008) and vis basic c++ 2008 re-dist from Microsoft downloads site,hope what fixed mine fixes lots of others as well

gucch
11-25-2008, 08:43 AM
I had this problem too.
Solution:
1. Download patch 1.3 from a desired site, save it.
2. Uninstall the game completely.
3. Install the game again. Do not run the game after install. DO NOT let the game update or patch automatically.
3. Run the patch that you down loaded. The General Protection Error will not appear again.

extrem_warrior
12-14-2008, 04:20 AM
HI this is another solution!: DELETE the install shield information...reinstall the game and it should work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (It worked for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.)

FireballU
12-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Actually, I mostly see this error on the SADS part (Stand Alone Dedicated Server) which code is of course also included in the game for servers running in-game and it is also the most incomplete part of the game.

Thus, this the GPF without any history is most likely due to unhandled errors in the server code.

lRlElE
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey guys,

It's been a little while since the last entry here, but I figured it would be better for me if I post here regarding my continuous GPF message problem, considering I've used the suggestions posted in this thread.

Quick run-down of my specs:
Nvidia GeForce 8800GT
4 gigs of ran
Core 2 Duo @ 2.33GHz
Windows XP 64-bit with SP2

1) First time GPF errors appeared to go away was when I used gucch's "re-install and patch without the auto-patch" method. That would work for about a good 2-3 hours on one gameplay, and the next time I load the game the errors come back as they normally would.

2) I've tried adjusting my Anti aliasing settings from 8 to 4 to turning it off completely. I wasn't sure what exactly JulianRoyal was saying (above) about adjusting it to meet the GPU, but I just turned it off for ease's sake.

3) I've read that this game is optimized for single core processors several times, so I set RB6 V2's affinity to use only one of my 2 core processors every time I play. That doesn't seem to work.

I've tried all of these solutions individually and simultaneously only to get the same problem a little later. The only way I can get in a bit more play time than usual is if I re-install it every single time I want to play. Some people I've met in-game still have this issue while some do not at all.

Has anyone come up with new solutions that permanently rid of this problem, or are those affected still relying on an indefinite patch?

Thanks

ricey1966
03-19-2009, 08:54 AM
you could try downloading/installing the latest direct x 9c re-dist and the visual c+ 2008 re-dist packages from Microsoft downloads,un-installing the existing ones first,it helped my game run better,as for affinity ect on your cpu this is known to cause some to become unstable,it did not work for me either made things a lot worse btw,the gpf error i sometimes still get,the other thing that happens as well is the game will just quit,without any error message,as the first Vegas would do just as with the bugs they(ubi) never fixed them they won't fix this game too,GPF could be partly down to the " <span class="ev_code_RED">~e5.001.exe</span> "which is a process that runs with the r6vegas2.exe it is as far as i know part of the safe disk protection that most game publishers use,but why it has to run as a process stealing memory is beyond me copy and play a game at the same time???i think not

ricey1966
04-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I think that at the following location..(replace the drive letter if not on <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">C:\</span> )

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW"> C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Games\Ubisoft\R6Vegas2\custom head_tmp </span>

The game creates several temp files,that contain code of some description,

I have since suffering a regular bout of GPF'S deleted the <span class="ev_code_GREEN">.tmp auto files</span>

that where dated a month or so ago,and not had GPF since,and have played every map some total of 8hrs on-line since deleting them,
so as far as i can tell it's fixed it,

the game will write new ones after use so i doubt they are important