PDA

View Full Version : Just a question

Bf109g-10
11-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi all,

I have two questions about BIA:
1. Could you take prisoners when Germans surrender?
2.When you have suffered injuries, so you can't look good anymore or you can't walk very fast anymore, will those injuries stay when you entered the next level?

I hope someone could give me an answer.

TennesseeTitans
11-11-2004, 10:04 AM
The U.S. Army was under orders NOT to take prisoners during D-Day, so no, you can't take Germans Prisoners. The soldiers in your squad get a dirty, unshaven look as the game progresses. Also your soldier can have shellshock/concussion and moves slower for a while and the screen gets blurry. I hope this answers your question.

Rifleman907
11-11-2004, 02:04 PM
First of all, we all have to remember this is a Parachute Infantry game, how are you suppose to take a prisoner while on the move? Make him come along? If you have ever seen Band of Brothers, then you will know just why Speirs shot those prisoners in the second episode, you can't take prisoners with you if you need to stay mobile.

Kurtz_
11-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Shooting POW's was and is a war crime. When the SS shot over 100 American POW's at Malmedy, that was a war crime. The same when Kurt Meyer shot the Canadian POW's near Caen. It's a two edged sword, once you start pulling stuff like that, expect the same from the other side.

njcl
11-11-2004, 05:36 PM
in HD2 you can tie surrendered prisoners up......

Bf109g-10
11-12-2004, 11:29 AM
These answers were very clarifying, i thank you all for the answers...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I_RA
11-22-2004, 02:23 PM
you know they could always just surrender and you can pull out your pistol and shoot them

how do u put the pics in your posts?

WE_STAND_ALONE
11-22-2004, 02:52 PM
You have to upload your pics to a website that will "host" them so they can be linked to like

www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com)

or others.

Then go into your profile to use them for an avatar or sig.Read the HTML code for instructions.

Wingasaurus55
11-22-2004, 03:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rifleman907:
If you have ever seen Band of Brothers, then you will know just why Speirs shot those prisoners in the second episode, you can't take prisoners with you if you need to stay mobile. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually, no one knows if spiers shot those germans or not.
in one of the episodes he said something to the extent that it was good to have stories about yourself to make others fear you

Colin_Campbell
11-22-2004, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wingasaurus55:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rifleman907:
If you have ever seen Band of Brothers, then you will know just why Speirs shot those prisoners in the second episode, you can't take prisoners with you if you need to stay mobile. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually, no one knows if spiers shot those germans or not.
in one of the episodes he said something to the extent that it was good to have stories about yourself to make others fear you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he shot them. Malarki (I think) was talking with the German prisoner that originated from Oregon, and then the guys called to Malarki that they needed to get going, so Malarki said goodbye to the German and started walking away, then Spiers killed all of the German prisoners but one (Not sure if the one from Oregon was spared). It did happen, I remember that scene.

Wingasaurus55
11-22-2004, 06:22 PM
yes, Malarky did tell that stroy to others, but when Spiers was talking to either Winters or Blythe, he said what i earlier stated.

Not to mention the story of Spiers shooting the drunken Sgt. (no one knew if that was true)

the book never mentioned the incident w/ Spiers, and the movies added things (such as Malarky and his Luger) to make the show more interesting

g3kB
11-22-2004, 07:15 PM
I didnt know much of this, Thats awesome! I cant wait! I sacrificed buying a game so I could pre-order this at christmas.

Rifleman907
11-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Actually Speirs was confronted by Lipton about the subject and he told him that he wanted to be feared as "the meanest toughest son of a *****"
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wingasaurus55
11-23-2004, 04:35 AM
thank you rifleman, thats what i meant

i believe that was in epsiode 7, at the very end when Spiers tells Lipton about his promotion

I_RA
11-23-2004, 01:19 PM
yeah read the book its good stuff

ineedhairspray
11-24-2004, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kurtz_:
Shooting POW's was and is a war crime. When the SS shot over 100 American POW's at Malmedy, that was a war crime. The same when Kurt Meyer shot the Canadian POW's near Caen. It's a two edged sword, once you start pulling stuff like that, expect the same from the other side. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is about WW2 right? Right? What do you mean when WE start this stuff, it's not like they saw us doing atrocities and then after that they all of a sudden began killing surrendered/caputred soldiers. Oh, what's that term I'm looking for... oh yeah! Concentration camp's aka death camps. Read a history book.

cheksixx
11-25-2004, 01:30 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif The story regarding Malarkey and the luger is true (Band of Brothers, page 84)
Hoobler is the soldier who had a luger in his pocket, accidentally shooting himself (he bled to death) (page 198)
The stories that surround Lt. Spiers seem to be just that--stories. (See page 206)
Liebgott is the overlooked soldier who had a rep for being "hard" on POWS. (page 150)
The idea that they were ordered not to take prisoners is ridiculous and has no basis in fact. Bolstering that claim by saying that they were paratroopers and thus had no way to secure the POWS is ******ed. In the attack on the guns at Brecourt, Lt. Winters and his squad take 12 prisoners. (page 84)
That attack took place in the early morning on D-DAY, where they had only been on the ground for a few hours. And still they took prisoners.
Ambrose has a better book titled: "D-DAY" that specifically mentions prisoners being taken, on all sides, on, during, and after the Normandy invasion, (and by paratroopers, too: American, British, and German).

wackojackoe
11-26-2004, 08:46 AM
I can sort of see what they were trying to say by "take no prisoners"...Maybe they were talking about in the middle of combat. After firefights had ended the probably could but if the paratroopers were needed elsewhere in the middle of combat, you can't expect them to just hang around with a group of jerries.

skillionairexe
11-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Hey Guys I don't want to bother anyone so i'll just say this pretty quick http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I'm a pretty big fan of BIA. If there would be any poster,t-shirts..ect or evean a job opening I would buy it lol
Anyway my question is What are the full spec's of this game? and the recommend it spec?
Thank You very much
A Brother In Arms Fanatic

Wingasaurus55
11-26-2004, 08:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cheksixx:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif The story regarding Malarkey and the luger is true (Band of Brothers, page 84)
Hoobler is the soldier who had a luger in his pocket, accidentally shooting himself (he bled to death) (page 198)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you may want to check out the Wild Bill Guarnere forums and ask that question, one of Bill G.'s kids operates the site, and has vast knowledge of BoB.

i previously asked that same question and i got many replies saying that the luger in Hoobler's pocket was a Walther P38

also, Malarkey said he never got a luger

check it out if you want