PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite MP loadout

DominusPrinceps
06-08-2005, 07:38 PM
The purpose of this thread is to show off your own combination of SvM gadgets, what you do with them, how they affect your play style. The loadouts I have here are for Story mode, but post your custom loadout for DM as well

Spy loadout: Story
Chaff grenade: this gadget, while of limited use in deathmatch, is essential to me in story mode. good for deactivating level defenses, such as laser trips, they are also good for laser mines placed on the opposite side of a doorway, inaccesible to the shocker.

Smoke Grenade: Perhaps the most versatile grenade available to the spies, the smoke grenade provides valuable cover at choke points leading to an objective, both slowing down a mercenary, and visually obscuring a spy at work.

Spy bullets: Knowledge is the best weapon, and knowing where the mercs are is invaluable to the spy side; no one wants to be suprised by a mercenary just around the corner. Planting zone radars in frequented areas as well as in the path to your objective helps you to know when a merc is on his way, allowing you to disappear
before his arrival.

Sticky cams: One of the most innovative gadgets in the spies inventory, the sticky cam is useful for both reconnaissance and its ability to drop an unwary merc in his tracks, creating valuable seconds needed to complete an objective. Especially formidable in conjunction with the spy bullet, a thoughtful spy can set a dual-layer trap: a zone radar tells you when a merc is near a predeployed camera, then the spy goes to cam view, and gases the merc.

Mercenary loadout: Story
Fragmentation grenade: A staple among noobs and vets alike, the frag is both the simplest and most useful anti-spy gadget in the Merc armory. Perfect for everything from cutting around corners to cleaning out vent shafts,from getting the jump on a hacking spy to flushing your quarry from his safehole, the frags uses are as limited as the skills of its user. A must-have.

Gas Mask: A favorite of mine, the judicious use of the gas mask could spell the difference between victory and defeat. Handy for persuing those escaping spies who favor smoke screens, as well as offering protection from the above-stated sticky cam traps.

Wall Mines: Another favorite among mercs, the mine is perhaps the most hated way for a spy to die. While an observant spy will usually not fall for mines placed on objectives or in immediately visible locations (a wide open or well-lit area) mines are exellent for either slowing or stopping the progress of spies. A cunning trap is to place a poison mine a decent distance away from a medkit, and a proximity mine right near the kit. The poison mine need be far enough away that the spy does not have time to go up slowly and check for mines (a rare occurance) but close enough that he will immediately think of the booby trapped medkit. note, medkits are an exellent place for booby traps, but keep in mind that poison mines can be cured by medkits, making them a poor choice for medkit traps.

My fourth gadget is usually contextual with the map being played, and will often switch up to keep my opponents guessing. usually it'll be the backpack, although sometimes I opt for cam net.

Please, post your own favorites, as well as how you use them.

DominusPrinceps
06-08-2005, 07:38 PM
The purpose of this thread is to show off your own combination of SvM gadgets, what you do with them, how they affect your play style. The loadouts I have here are for Story mode, but post your custom loadout for DM as well

Spy loadout: Story
Chaff grenade: this gadget, while of limited use in deathmatch, is essential to me in story mode. good for deactivating level defenses, such as laser trips, they are also good for laser mines placed on the opposite side of a doorway, inaccesible to the shocker.

Smoke Grenade: Perhaps the most versatile grenade available to the spies, the smoke grenade provides valuable cover at choke points leading to an objective, both slowing down a mercenary, and visually obscuring a spy at work.

Spy bullets: Knowledge is the best weapon, and knowing where the mercs are is invaluable to the spy side; no one wants to be suprised by a mercenary just around the corner. Planting zone radars in frequented areas as well as in the path to your objective helps you to know when a merc is on his way, allowing you to disappear
before his arrival.

Sticky cams: One of the most innovative gadgets in the spies inventory, the sticky cam is useful for both reconnaissance and its ability to drop an unwary merc in his tracks, creating valuable seconds needed to complete an objective. Especially formidable in conjunction with the spy bullet, a thoughtful spy can set a dual-layer trap: a zone radar tells you when a merc is near a predeployed camera, then the spy goes to cam view, and gases the merc.

Mercenary loadout: Story
Fragmentation grenade: A staple among noobs and vets alike, the frag is both the simplest and most useful anti-spy gadget in the Merc armory. Perfect for everything from cutting around corners to cleaning out vent shafts,from getting the jump on a hacking spy to flushing your quarry from his safehole, the frags uses are as limited as the skills of its user. A must-have.

Gas Mask: A favorite of mine, the judicious use of the gas mask could spell the difference between victory and defeat. Handy for persuing those escaping spies who favor smoke screens, as well as offering protection from the above-stated sticky cam traps.

Wall Mines: Another favorite among mercs, the mine is perhaps the most hated way for a spy to die. While an observant spy will usually not fall for mines placed on objectives or in immediately visible locations (a wide open or well-lit area) mines are exellent for either slowing or stopping the progress of spies. A cunning trap is to place a poison mine a decent distance away from a medkit, and a proximity mine right near the kit. The poison mine need be far enough away that the spy does not have time to go up slowly and check for mines (a rare occurance) but close enough that he will immediately think of the booby trapped medkit. note, medkits are an exellent place for booby traps, but keep in mind that poison mines can be cured by medkits, making them a poor choice for medkit traps.

My fourth gadget is usually contextual with the map being played, and will often switch up to keep my opponents guessing. usually it'll be the backpack, although sometimes I opt for cam net.

Please, post your own favorites, as well as how you use them.

Epicurus_13
06-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Spy:

-Smoke Grenades: A classic for quick escapes and bomb defense.

-Heartbeat Sensor: Invaluable when keeping tabs on the mercs from the vents. Allows you to have almost 100% knowledge of merc locations on more compact maps, even if you are in an obscure vent. Excellent for advising a teammate.

-Active Camo: Haven't gotten tired of it yet - it's a nice, fully re-usable device that allows you to hide in some places that would normally be a little too exposed.

-Alarm Snares: Great for distracting mercs, both by creating sounds, and, in certain situations, setting off distant security devices to draw mercs out.

MERC:

-Frag Grenades: Basically essential peices of equipment.

-Mines: These appeal to the mad professor in me: I love coming up with devious placements of mines, particularly poison mines. Coming up with "perfect" spots for them is a game in itself.

-Spy trackers: Incredibly useful. Two well-placed spy trackers and a presence detector in the proper spot can make a spy's life a nightmare fast.

-The fourth slot is always either a backpack, or (more often), a Gas Mask. The backpack is good if I'm playing aggressive players who are likely to go through my mines and spy traps quickly, allowing me to refill them. The two spare greandes are nice too, and if your teammate uses any of these things, or flares, you're a welcome sight. Gas mask tends to be more useful, avoiding smoke grenade knockouts and slowdowns. I love mixing it up in the smoke cloud, and making the aggro spies suffer.

Da3asterBunny
06-09-2005, 09:00 AM
spy
1. smokes are always a must to slow down and escape from a ill-tempered merc.
2.flash bangs are also a must for me needing to blind the merc for an easy neck.
now 3 and 4 i switch between maps a smaller map i will take camo and stickys...bigger maps i always have alarm snares and HB sensor

mercs
1. gotta have the frags
2. and the backpack for a quick reload
3. and the mines
4.now here depending on how im feeling will either be the cam net, spy traps, or tazer but tazer on CT sucks it was way better on PT