PDA

View Full Version : ghost ships?

bigwheel99
03-18-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm not really sure if it's a glitch in the game or not. A ship appears on my map but the crew never actually say "ship bearing (whatever)" and when I head for the location on the map there's nothing there. Also, if I zoom in far enough on the map it dissapears. So far this has happened twice to me in my patrol area.

Phil_C
03-18-2005, 11:45 PM
I have had it happen a few times, but i just write it off as "a maybe" sighting by the crew.

Kinda like they confuse a breaker at a distance for a ship, but then keep searching to find nothing

stevenwhiting
03-19-2005, 05:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigwheel99:
I'm not really sure if it's a glitch in the game or not. A ship appears on my map but the crew never actually say "ship bearing (whatever)" and when I head for the location on the map there's nothing there. Also, if I zoom in far enough on the map it dissapears. So far this has happened twice to me in my patrol area. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the ship hasn't been seen by the crew on deck but has been heard by the sonar man. He plots the rough area where it is. If you zoom in it disappears because he doesn't have a totally clear idea where it is, just that its in that area. Your go there to check it out and there might not be anything there. Then that just means the boats been moving and has changed position. Thats all.

I've had this happen and I assume this is whats happening as it makes sence.

ragingsyph
03-20-2005, 09:24 AM
I've had a problem where I'm being told that the enemy ships are engaging us, and my detection meter is red but can't see any ships. If I go to external view and use . and , to select ships in view I got 4 cargo ships and an electro boat.

Couldn't see anything from external view if it was on my boat, couldn't see anything through periscope and couldn't see anything on the map. Although I did get bearing lines.

TedHealy
03-20-2005, 10:28 AM
It is a contact that has been sent to you by radio - read the dev team responses in the sticky thread. If you head directly to where the contact was reported, it won't be there because it has moved on. You need to go to where he going to be, not where he was.

Dominicrigg
03-20-2005, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TedHealy:
It is a contact that has been sent to you by radio - read the dev team responses in the sticky thread. If you head directly to where the contact was reported, it won't be there because it has moved on. You need to go to where he going to be, not where he was. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, the search engine is shocking on this forum, can you point me to their response? Thanks in advance!!

TedHealy
03-20-2005, 11:22 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=2341042492

Concerning the map update on 100% realistic settings:

* Those contacts that are now marked on map at 100% realism are the contacts you've received via radio (is difficult to add them manually and the player will lose far too much time if is forced to mark those contacts by hand using the available tools).
You should think on this contact map update as the update made by one of your officers.