PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to play online (GRAW 2).

Halcha
07-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah yeah, i know the game is old, but that doesnt mean there isnt an active community still playing it. I recently just picked it up for myself after playing it for a few months at my friends house and loving it (Yeah, like i said. im late).

However, trying to get into a game is near IMPOSSIBLE! Every game i go into a server i end up waiting for 8 minutes for the round to end and once it does end i get booted straight to the spectator. No matter what. Yeah i know people see the level 1 and think "LOLNOOB" but seriously.

IS THERE THAT MANY EGOTISTICAL BASTARDS THAT THINK RANK 1'S CANT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN THEIR TEAM-MATES AND THE ENEMIES?!

Jesus christ, its frustrating not being able to get into a game because of these "holy ones". Im on the PS3 btw. Is the situation the same over on the 360?

Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

EvlPerson
07-27-2008, 09:23 PM
The problem is that your playing ranked, and on top of that your playing solo or team... the real fun is on coop!

Oh, and being on the less popular system doesn't help.

XxCH0NGxX
07-30-2008, 08:48 PM
And you are playing sharpshooter. Try playing some LMS or Siege. Something with out the respawns. Usually those matches are set at 5 minutes and rarely last the full 5.

xxxxLEADERxxxx
08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Personally , I don't want to play with low rankers on GRAW2 for the Xbox360 because of the ranking system (It's not fair) and many of the low rankers are inexperienced . The majority of the people that are experienced at rank one have one or more gamertags . However , even some of them are still lacking skill . Try to understand the higher rank guys/girls understanding of the situation . Eg. , he's/she's about rank 17 and your a 1-5 , ah heck a 9 , the way the ranking system was set up last time I played Xbox Live (about7/08') is he/she could beat you 20 consecutive times and not even get 50 points added to his/her rank percentage . However , should you beat him/her one time you're going to get 25-? points for just that one victory at rank one . Understand this , if you play anybody that's the same rank as you then you gain 5 points and one rank less then you get about one point less until eventually you're playing someone who's rank is way below you and you don't really get anything at all . So , the higher rank you beat the more points you get , the lower the rank you beat the less points you get . Player Match is for people who don't care about their rank and should be used as a place to improve your hand to eye cordination and experience with each map . Ranked matches are more competitive than Player Matches because your playing for something whereas in Player Match there's nothing to win , no rank no Leaderboards just a victory . Ranked is almost like gambling in the sense that if you win you get some points and your position on the Leaderboads decreases until you reach 1st position , if your good enough or a cheater . Now you've got a little more of an understanding about the ranking system and how people feel . Oh , and anyone that's a higher rank than you (about 5+ ranks) tells you I'm wrong then ask him/her to beat you freely 10 times in a row and check their rank and you also to see how much you lost then you beat them once check your rank again and that will be the deciding factor . The lower rank always gets more when defeating the higher rank and the lower rank always loses less points when defeated by a higher rank .

Q: Is it fair that if he's/she's a higher rank than you and they beat you several matches they get slim to nil points but you get drastically more points for winning one match ?

Q: Is it fair that someone can be on the winning team and still lose rank (I've seen it and so have others)?
Point is , if you don't like the way others host their room then start your own room and make your own rules .

XxCH0NGxX
08-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Halcha:
Yeah yeah, i know the game is old, but that doesnt mean there isnt an active community still playing it. I recently just picked it up for myself after playing it for a few months at my friends house and loving it (Yeah, like i said. im late).

However, trying to get into a game is near IMPOSSIBLE! Every game i go into a server i end up waiting for 8 minutes for the round to end and once it does end i get booted straight to the spectator. No matter what. Yeah i know people see the level 1 and think "LOLNOOB" but seriously.

IS THERE THAT MANY EGOTISTICAL BASTARDS THAT THINK RANK 1'S CANT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN THEIR TEAM-MATES AND THE ENEMIES?!

Jesus christ, its frustrating not being able to get into a game because of these "holy ones". Im on the PS3 btw. Is the situation the same over on the 360?

Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Yeah there are definately those ******ed people who think their ranks mean everything to them. If you were on the 360 you could just file a complaint through microsoft about those host's that boot as soon as someone of low rank comes into the room. They should just add a patch allowing gamers in GRAW 2 to vote on booting the player. Every player present would be required to vote. That way there would be a chance that the other gamers are willing to give you a chance to rank up. Ranked should be about allowing anyone the opportunity to rank up, not allowing hosts to dictate who ranks up and who stays at rank 1. If hosts want to boot someone, they should be only allowed to do so in player matches.

Voting system would fix the problem.

xxxxLEADERxxxx
08-17-2008, 05:38 AM
One of the reasons high ranks don't like to play with low ranks is because they can't boot you as the host before a match any more or even if they abort the match as soon as they start it . You can only boot a player after he/she has played one full match , then , you can boot anybody who stayed . Oh, and filing a complaint doesn't really do much because I've filed numerous complaints about teamkillers and cheaters and so have many others and these people are still on Xbox Live (but that's another topic) . And no , it's not impossible , it's just at this point and time you don't fit in to some peoples rooms since your rank is to low (atleast you wrote it is ) . Notice that you get that treatment from some people , but not all like you make it out to be , since your rank is one . However , if you were say a 10 or higher then you'd probably get in since alot of people only like playing with double digits only . It's foolish to take a rank one and pit him up against a rank 25 (who didn't boost) since there's a possibility he's/she's going to get beat bad unless it's their 2nd gamertag and their really good). That's like throwing an angry crack head at an angry bodybuilder . I think everybody should play with their own rank or close to it , say 5 rank increments . The host should have an option (to turn on/off) of 5 settings as to what rankings are allowed in his/her room . This will help to keep out some of the inexperienced/experienced players (not all though) . So that everyboby climbs up the ranking ladder gradually with people in their ranking equally . Eg. , a rank 1 can play with only people up to the 5th rank . When he/she gets to the 6th rank they can now play with people in the 5-10th rank now , ect. . This will be not only be fair but help to establish experience . I started out as a rank one (three times) and got in how I fit in and so did every Ranked player on GRAW2 . So stop with all the childish complaining because you people say , "nobody will let me play " . I basically started hosting because I didn't like the way other people ran their rooms . So if I can do it surely you can to . Look , start your own room and tell all your friends and eventually if your a good host you'll have many people wanting to play with you . You've got to have some rules though so people will want to play with you without all the teamkillers and cheaters (atleast all the ones you know about).
Voting is a bad idea since all it takes is for someone who doesn't like you for whatever the reason (if at all) to try and fill the room up with as many of his/her friends as possible and now your going to lose the vote just about everytime . They'll vote out your friends so they can get theirs in to screw with you even more .

Point is once again , if you don't like the way people run their rooms for whatever the reason then start your own room and make up your own rules .

XxCH0NGxX
08-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Then if people are constantly removed from rooms because they are under the rank of 10, then how are those people supposed to climb the ranks? There are alot of people who are just now starting to play this game. That's why there should be a voting system on removing lower ranked players from the room.

xxxxLEADERxxxx
08-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Ok , XxCHONGxX , I've already explained above why voting isn't a good idea and how voting would be abused by harrassers . Because that's eventually what would (what I described above) happen and then people are going to be calling Xbox Live complaining about how they want an update to fix this whole voting . But wait a minute , that's what you wanted right ? So you want a voting option but when people start abusing it to you and your being voted out , now you want an update . I don't think people are going to like that option when their being booted . You get in where you fit in XxCHONGxX . You might not like it but that's the way it is (atleast for now).

pats12
08-24-2008, 06:30 PM
My Graw 2 is freezing when i try to get into the multiplayer but i can play single player just fine and evert oter game i have works online theres no scratches on it need help please reply.

XxCH0NGxX
08-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by xxxxLEADERxxxx:
Ok , XxCHONGxX , I've already explained above why voting isn't a good idea and how voting would be abused by harrassers . Because that's eventually what would (what I described above) happen and then people are going to be calling Xbox Live complaining about how they want an update to fix this whole voting . But wait a minute , that's what you wanted right ? So you want a voting option but when people start abusing it to you and your being voted out , now you want an update . I don't think people are going to like that option when their being booted . You get in where you fit in XxCHONGxX . You might not like it but that's the way it is (atleast for now).

A voting system would work. It's worked in other games before in the past. If you get voted out, then you get voted out. That would take away from the host dictating who he wants in a ranked room. Get in where we fit in huh? Maybe they should just reset all the ranks so as to give everyone an equal opportunity to play. If the lower ranks(mainly people who just bought the game) are not able to join any rooms because of people like you, then possibly the only solution that would be easy for RSE to do is to just reset the ranks and the leaderboards.

beonder13
08-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Leader, you are the type of chump that makes ranked games suck so badly. I don't play ranked specifically because of egotistical idiots like you. I think I'm a rank of 1 or 2 from a game or two that some team mates asked me to join and I'll still pwn any higher rank out there. And don't assume it is all talk. I have the notoriety to back up my smack talk and I don't need a high rank or gamer score to do so.

XxCH0NGxX
08-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Voting is a bad idea since all it takes is for someone who doesn't like you for whatever the reason (if at all) to try and fill the room up with as many of his/her friends as possible and now your going to lose the vote just about everytime . They'll vote out your friends so they can get theirs in to screw with you even more .

That is a valid possibiltity of how a voting system could fail. However, the developers could make the simple fix to who is allowed in a ranked match by adding in a patch that analyzes who is on your friends list and prevent them from entering. I'm sure Microsoft could easily provide RSE with all the information they need to make such a patch work.
I'm not sure about GRAW 2, but I know there are games out there where you are not allowed to send out invites.

It's so simple. voting system......ranked matches for players who aren't on your friends list. Then everyone in the room most likely wouldn't know each other and therefor not be bias in voting to boot someone unless they all agree that person should be voted out.

I understand that you host rooms yourself, therefor you are bias to idea of a voting system, most likely so you can keep your power to boot someone after a full match. Well I as a player, and not one who host rooms want a voting system. Player Matches are where the host should be allowed to boot players. Not Ranked Matches.

Melee316
08-25-2008, 06:44 AM
As far as the lower ranked people earning more points than the higher ranked people, get over it!!! It's the same in every game.

Plus all that being higher ranked means is the person has played ranked a lot more than the lower ranked people. It's by no means what so ever means they are better. Most actually suck pretty bad. They think their hot **** because they can run around headquarters, of all places, with a pistol. Wow.

Then when they lose they boot you, whine over and over again, say you have a lag switch, are a glitcher, camper, spawn rapper and so on and so forth.

In the end most, not all, but most high ranked people are worse than the lower ranked people. Their not hard to run all over.

XxCH0NGxX
08-25-2008, 11:42 AM
AMEN!! Well said Melee