PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 2 PS3 Feedback/Bug Report

Pages : 1 [2]

fr33mage
12-05-2008, 05:53 AM
hi,

[PS3]

i just wanted to say maybe you can do something with the AI.The AI isn't so good...when i am a hiding on little hill in the bushes where no one can see me, they suddenly start shooting at me! This is really stupid, and not only that, when i shoot someone from far they see me!!!! why can't the creators of FC 2 make the AI like in Metal Gear Solid 4. when you kill them IT REALLY IS SILENT!!! and when you shoot they search for you and there is a caution/danger timer.and can you also maybe add a feature where you can play with "BOTS" like in Counter strike. so you can test maps out??? and another thing, the respawning. how about add an option to the options menu that you if you kill the enemies they won' respwan, if not that how about making the respawn longer and not like 2 minutes!!! i did a mission killed everyone and then after 2 minutes i see them gaurding everywhere that i killed and some even saw so i had to kill them again!!!!!.
other than that everything is pretty much ok...

beer2mouth
12-05-2008, 07:10 AM
seriously where is kimi or atmon?

early christmas?

Razorback718
12-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by beer2mouth:
seriously where is kimi or atmon?

early christmas?

Usually, when you hear nothing from a dev team member, when there are clear problems, it either means they lack the spine to take on the heat of people who are upset, or they know that management has told them that little to NOTHING will get fixed and so they are avoiding having to clue the masses on that fact.

super_machine
12-06-2008, 08:08 AM
In the first mission on the south map, where I am supposed to rescue the barge capt at the marina the NPC spawns outside of the target location making it impossible for me to interact and complete the mission. Since the mission is critical to continue the game I am 100% stuck. I loaded past saves and nothing changed. I tried technical support but they gave me an insulting answer that my problem was related to "general gameplay hints and tips". It is not, the game has a serious bug. I payed full price and I expect to be able to play what I payed for. I only hope I get an actual response.

SpiritualZombie
12-06-2008, 10:27 AM
please fix the controls

the turn acceleration is too high....

RobTheDevil
12-06-2008, 11:52 AM
In Story mode:
1. I have had numurous occations where my Buddie AI has rescued me and then killed me immidiatly afterwards for no reason.

2. Enemy's are stuck in rocks/boulders/cliffs/mountains and can still shoot me, but I cannot hurt/kill them back.

SpiritualZombie
12-06-2008, 12:19 PM
[PS3]

Make turn acceleration adjustable.

Thanks.

mheijndijk
12-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I've played the game till it's end, worked near perfect..
Sniping was possible if you use you brains to attack, also going in hard, very nice..

Now i'm playing it the second time as Warren Clyde and at 60% of the game the enemies are facing away from me shooting and hitting me, and they see me constantly, all of the time, even at night when i'm crouched and sitting completely stiil at a position which is impossible to detect (the tiny cave behind the gunshop for instance where a diamond case lies)
if you wait there, a car comes up and goes bezerk...

I don't know, but i think this is quit the bug, it completely ruins the game...

And the quick respawning is also annoying, it would be much better if that happens after you played out your current mission..
It would make driving back very enjoyable, then you could sometimes enjoy the scenery and with a new mission shoot some fresh bad guys...
That's not a bug by the way but an tiny annoyance..the game is still great if it plays like it did the first time with me..

The story could have been told much more gripping instead of delivering a message via a few audio cassetes with a bad acting voice...
I think the man makes a very poor impression with his phony mafia voice...
This game could have been a diamond instead of a lump of unpurified gold..

I also had myself shot by an enemy from inside a rock, just the top of his head stuck out, headshot didn't work, so i had to use a grenade, the blast killed him, i hate enemies in rocks...

Sometimes i fell out of the world when i tried to climb high on a mountain, which forced me to reload an older savegame, it would be much better if there were less restrictions on where you can go, even for enemies...
i don't mind if they can climb high too, as long as you can go were you normally can go in the real world...
Come on, diamond cases on roofs and you have to jump on with the responses of an union with jumping...why can't i use my hands and just climb on...
Some terrain suggests that you can easily go there, but all of a sudden i'm bouncing into an invisible wall...annoyed...

But, overall a very beautiful game with a good AI and good story, but just not finished, i hope the second patch will take care of a few things...

SpiritualZombie
12-06-2008, 05:24 PM
fix turn acceleration. The controls have killed the game for me. f*ck ubi. Never gonna buy another game from them if they dont f*cking get on this. damn they are slow as f*ck when it comes to ps3 support

oJAHRASTAo
12-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by mheijndijk:
I've played the game till it's end, worked near perfect.....etc etc etc.

Good post. Thanks for typing.

cguldie
12-07-2008, 12:18 PM
its not keeping the points i earned for ranked matches.

Trolle_DK
12-08-2008, 03:47 AM
Hmm, any of you planning on buying Ubi Montreals Prince of Persia?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

super_machine
12-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Trolle_DK:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Not after playing this POS. I got 42% into the game and the NPC I needed to interact with in order to move the main story forward got spawned into the wrong area due to some glitch in the code. Since ubisoft seems to think their game is so perfect as is, they told me, the paying customer, that I need to check the manual or buy the game guide for "hints and tips". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

tuco4
12-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I cancelled my POP preorder when i realized it was another Ubisoft title, if their support of Farcry 2 is anything to go by then i'm not buying another of their titles.

Razorback718
12-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Trolle_DK:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I was very excited about it... but after this mess, I have sworn off all Ubi titles.

beer2mouth
12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Doc.Canis:
You release a patch that doesn't solve major issues with the game:

1. Controls are sluggish, unresponsive and honestly absolutely pants! Look at the smooth controls of CoD4... there is only one way to do FPS controls on the PS3. The right way. And you ****ed it up majorly. FIX THE CONTROLS FFS YOU MONKEYS!

2. The damage model is 100% lame considering the otherwise realistic setting. FIX this issue:
a. Rebalance guns, because currently sniper rifles are powerfull enough while all the other weapons are absolutely lame.
b. Then include a hardcore mode with a damage model along the lines of regular CoD.

Now you have released DLC for the game wanting more money from us WITHOUT DEALING WITH MAJOR GAMEPLAY ISSUES...

YOU FOOKING MONKEYS! This is just taking the **** and urinating all over your customers who bought the game.

well said. now lets be good children and wait for a pretty video telling us how wrong we are and how right they are :<

super_machine
12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by soccerfan1035:
I FIXED THE FRANK BILDER BARGE GLITCH WHERE YOU CAN'T TALK TO HIM!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm on an Xbox 360, but I went into the console settings (turn on Xbox w/o a game and go the the last page folder to the right called console settings) ------I'm not sure how to do it on a PS3 but get into a place where you can delete saved games from your hard drive------

Next step:
Delete all of your saved games, back to the save where you have to make a decision: save friends or save priest.

3rd Step:
Go into Far Cry and play the save that you make the choice - I chose to save my friends, but I'm not sure if you have to to fix this.

The rest of the time, I just went normally through the game sticking to roads and railroads, and when you have to kill the speaker on the truck, I killed everyone (because last time I ran from the scene).

Then I went to the barge to help transport the weapons, and this time there was no Frank, he was a guy with another name but I'm can't remember it - just not Frank.

The last thing I did was this time when I ran from that city with the chaos, I ran down a road towards the red arrow and used a boat to get to him except for the last half a mile where you have to use a car.

I killed everyone on the barge and on land and when I went up to the barge, his name wasn't Frank and he's in the right room.

!!!! I think the most signifigant thing to do is to make sure you delete all the saves from your hard drive beyond making the choice to save your friends or the priest, and just play from there.

Good Luck,

Contact me if you need any help. Good find. But I think that only works if you still have that old save data. I tried to keep a backup of the last few saves, but when I got the Builder Bug, like you did, it was too late to go back. I would have to start back at 12%. What they need to do is fix this issue so when I load my game, the NPC spawns in the correct location.

FALLEN CHAMP
12-13-2008, 01:39 AM
Yesterday Friday the 12th I experienced some lag type effects in single player.

I have been spending a lot of time on the Single Player mode and this is the first time it has happened, the game was freezing/stuttering. I was connected online at this time.

Also the Muliplayer hosting is rather odd, like you can host and have a full room in 1-2 minures or you can host and not get anyone in a room within an hour.

I have been told that you can think your game is hosting but it is not showing up for other people, the match does eventually show but this can take quite a long time.

Lastly I get disconnected a lot from the server and other times it shows as no matches been hosted in any mode - on checking again matches will show up.

I know this isn't all at my end because I upgraded to cable and have a half decent connection now.

rolfie25
12-13-2008, 11:46 AM
When I play Far Cry 2 online and I get bored of playing on one stage. I quit the match and go to find another, nothing's wrong. Then I log off.

I go on Far Cry 2 multiplayer again and then I have none of my stats and my weapons are decreased back to the first one's, and that is really anoying.

Vicentini
12-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by iTz_BacKFireZz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amirj87:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mcdillon95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amirj87:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turgidvader:
I have a game breaking glitch
*possible spoiler*

on the mission of saving the barge the captain falls through the top level of the ship and will not speak to me to finish my mission and has worked for 2 different character/save games it happens on act 2 48% finished game on the ps3 Yeah, I have that same problem! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought this was just happening to me. I can't continue either because this has happened. Going back to a previous save doesn't help either.

Ubisoft you really need to patch this! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I wonder if anyone else besides us two are experiencing this problem. You think the people with the 360 version have the same glitch? Until they get it fixed, I started a new game to past the time, haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the xbox 360 version of the game and i have the same problem. Ive tried reloading and killing myself to see if she'd rescue me none of these seem to work. If you find out how to get round this problem please message my gamertag
- iTz BacKFireZz
Will be very grateful =] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anyone knows a solution to this problem. I've got stuck to on the PS3. Frank doesn't say anything and my last save is at 16%. Please don't tell me I've spend my money on 1/2 game.

Qrfl
12-15-2008, 12:11 PM
WTF, i was rank 5 on multipalyer Far Cry 2 PS3, I come back to find myself Rank 3, honestly what the hell?

Qrfl
12-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Wow, i made a mistake spending 50 on far cry 2.... Thought it was gonna be a good game, but looks like Ubisoft dont give a **** about us PS3 far cry owners.

Dannyking1986
12-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Dear Ubisoft, My nae is Daniel King and this is the first and last ost I will ever make on this forum and the last time I will make any communications to ubisoft. I recently purchased Far Cry 2 and if I'm honest I rather liked SP mode, but the MP option is absolutely astonishing. Usually when I purchase a game be it good or not I will always finish it completely. Thats the purpose right?? But on trying you MP mode it is clear that this game has no place on my shelf. This has to be one of the worst games I have ever tried to play online. Its just not possible. And don't say its on my side as I run 12 Mbps. I've read through all posts and on other sites and forums also and I honestly cant find one person who is satisfied with this game. I am willing to wait one week for this to be sorted and if its not I will return this game, never buy a ubisoft EVER again, and I will make sure no one that I know buys a Ubisoft game again. If you do not release a patch fixing these problems asap you stand to lose a lot of money. I am the moderator on a very large gaming site and I will use this to my advantage. Your total lack of communication is outrageous, never before have I had such problems with games developers.
FDanny King.

EkuquoL
12-20-2008, 04:35 AM
This is what i would like to see in FarCry2

1. more then one diamond location
kinda like uprising and diamond mix..

you capture a location an then you can get dimonds from that location.. you can also steal the teams diamonds if you dont want to capture the other location...

2. a pavement skin for roads..

3. a ubisoft server that allows server side support for player hosting matches to get more then 16 players in a map.. also haveing offical servers would be cool as well..

4. support for launching a game in Playstation 3's Home program..

5. adjustable objects, being able to cut out more objects an have more vehicles..

6. ability to make light sources, like inclosed constant, fire and being able to turn on the street lights.

7.ability to adjust 2d sprites/graphics.. such as the fake jungle.. being able to adjust the size of the object would be awesome enough..

8. water motion.. having waves/ripples in the water layer would be cool when it is windy..

9. a jet ski.. and a yacht/tug boat

10. a grappling hook so you can climb up

11. being able to jump off a ladder

12. a small ultralite aircraft
http://www.ultralightaircraftweb.net/images/ultralight_aircraft/ultralight_aircraft_385x261.jpg
This is what farcry2 needs.. part glider part go cart.. this would be awesome..

13. more destructable objects.. like a concrete wall/wooden like the concrete wall but skinnier and can be blown up..

EkuquoL
12-20-2008, 05:01 AM
Map Editor glitches....

Visible right now in my map
To Forts(TEAM) - author signature 'poltergeist'

Shading/lighting glitch

Magical blotches of shadows..
The terrain will have shadows emitted an nothing really visible that is casting them.. so far i found that the edges of the map create them the most.. specially in the morning or evening setting.. the horizon will cast a bunch of shadows .. to get rid of most of them i had to lower a lot of the edges terrain.. but still have many of them.. even in the middle of the day hour setting i will have even more of them where i have no clue where exactly they are emitting from to fix it.. but they just appear as black spots on the map..

terrain errors

i have brown streaks that go threw the entire map.. I have tryed deleteing some paths, and setting a one type of road skin for the entire map.. but yet.. they still remained.. when i turn the storm setting all the way up.. they almost disappear.. but you can see them if you look closely..

i think that the brown streaks could also be from making several elevations into the map.. an not haven very flat ground at all..

since the skin masking is set on angles in the land.. an when you change the shape it render the terrain's skin differently.. i think the brown streaks are because of many different set of elevations which disorients/breaks the map terrain masking skin sequence off.. makin a error/glitch in the terrain's skin, causing those brown streaks.. an they acure on the mountains.. one is on the south mountain on a ridge.. an the other is on the center mountain.. and it stands out a lot more when you place the settings on Clear

Texture error on buildings

The Fort model has a transparent interiors.. which i believe the only way to get around that is to post over it with another object.. which
i have notice at certain angles objects sometimes will disappear.. shanty objects do that the most.. but its the shadow casting over.. that is possibly making that go transparent..

so some of the shadow blotches an building error
could actually be from the light source shadow mapping..?

another map i have called
"The Swamps (Team)"
will sometimes have a bush or two that will actually Flicker, or blipp radically..
this is a the natrual collective system error.. when a area of land is masked over duplicated times by the nature collective system.. an a bush accidentally lands on another smaller plant.. it will sometimes.. not remove the other, and will layer over it.. causing it to flicker.. when you remove it.. delete both terrain objects, it would correct it.. but once again when you place the weather under storms.. it practically removes all the flickering bushes..

oh well if you check out thoses maps.. you will notice all them are in overcast setting but the errors are still visible.. just to hide small errors.. that i couldn't fix.. or havent noticed yet.. i still seen couple of flickering bushes.. but just forgot the location.. or was in game when i saw it...

MysteryPerson
12-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Lag makes me want to throw game out the window.

llDefecTedll
12-21-2008, 09:33 AM
What? I feel the whole exploration but the gameplay is killing me. So I found take baby steps to complete this game or I may just fall asleep at the wheel! As for the Mp im not feeling the Game modes, well just deathmatch but even then thats getting old fast! Now im hearing about this "dlc" that only gives vehicles, maps, guns. UBI how about the gameplay, you really think this will save the day? lol. The way I look at this problem would be to give good entertaining mp modes like I don't know. Team elimination, last man standing, Bomb assault style. See if you added elimination it could bring in new elements to map creations. Also fix the bullet damage. You guys ever heard of "Counter Strike" ? im shur you have ! I think if you added that style of game Mode you would see BIG increase of die hard Fps fans! Prove me wrong I dare you! I promise you fix this game and watch the community grow! if not FR2 R.I.P

greekgoddj
12-21-2008, 05:50 PM
I liked this game and completed the story mode, but my GOD is te online BUGGY! I get the same problem with it saying I am level 8 one day and then next time I log it it says I am level 7! Worst of all, I supposidly get disconnected from the server after EVERY match! Actually come to think of it the worst thing is that this bug seems to have been known since the game came out and Ubisoft has NOT PATCHED THE GAME! Get this sorted or no more Ubisoft games for me!

HylianHero
12-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Ok, here's my problem. Everytime I play Far Cry 2 online with my ps3, I can only play one full round before receiving a message telling me: "Host has ended game". Which brings me back to the game mode selection (DM, TDM...). If I choose one, I will receive this message: "You have been disconnected from Far Cry 2". If I don't chose an option, I still have a major issue. All the XP I gained during the previous match is lost. I only have the XP I gained from my first match which was 525xp (Deathmatch).

grommyfrog
12-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Ranked Stat tracking is an absolute mess!

I don't know if UBI is continually doing server rollbacks or what. Once again I've magically been demoted to Rank 10 overnight (From Rank 14). The last match I played last night was my 15th consecutive win. I got up this morning and signed in to check my stats and work on a few maps. A quick look at my stats show the last match I played registered as a loss and my 17 Kills in the match were added to my Suicide Totals. (I checked last night before signing out and my Stats were registering properly. This morning they are screwy again!!)

Having Ranks based on XP and Upgrades based on stats it is necessary to keep the system in repair and proper working order. I normally don't care about Stats or K/D ratios. But with the time it takes to earn diamonds and rank up it is very irritating to be randomly demoted a few ranks every couple of weeks.

sellshock2008
12-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by amirj87:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mcdillon95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turgidvader:
I have a game breaking glitch
*possible spoiler*

on the mission of saving the barge the captain falls through the top level of the ship and will not speak to me to finish my mission and has worked for 2 different character/save games it happens on act 2 48% finished game on the ps3 Yeah, I have that same problem! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought this was just happening to me. I can't continue either because this has happened. Going back to a previous save doesn't help either.

Ubisoft you really need to patch this! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I wonder if anyone else besides us two are experiencing this problem. You think the people with the 360 version have the same glitch? Until they get it fixed, I started a new game to past the time, haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know you are not going to like this but what ubisoft had me do when I had the proublem at the barge where the captain fell through the floor was to eject game cd, delet save file and start over !!! It was a huge inconvience but I got to the barge and past it. However their are still issues with the game lattter in the game.

Dark_Overlord
12-28-2008, 07:41 PM
What a complete f****** bag of s*** glitch fest this game is, everytime I try play online now it keeps disconnecting me from the server, so its impossible to play. I got this for XMas and I am thinking about sending it back, how the f*** is it possible to ship something as broke as this. Also how the hell in gods name are you able to be the captain in uprising? I've tried to play multiple games (when it did work) I have NEVER once been able to be the captain even when playing 2 a side, I was only able to finish 5 games but have played many more but they crashed half way through the game. When the f*** will this be fixed as it really takes the **** having something that I am unable to use properly

llDefecTedll
12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Hmm
Well First no one I know plays farCry2 on the ps3!
They all play COD5 lol. Iv tryed to get some on to farcry2 but no go! kind of gets boring when siting in a lobby for 20 mins with no action !

The bullet Damge is weak! I find 3 head shots will not kill the A.i lol. Fix that

The Game modes online Suck!I like Team elimination more strategy then spam plus it will add more to the MP map editor. plus fix the hit detection online!

Hmm. More Bus stops in the SP!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

nate_02631
12-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by llDefecTedll:
They all play COD5 lol.
Well, I'm not playing FC2 anymore, because the game won't give me anymore missions...

So that's my bug report.. Playing on PS3, only mission available is the one @ AFL (or UFCC, I forget which). Guard lets me in, but upstairs door is closed and there is no talking.

I started another game (have old save file) but stopped as I can't play with any confidence that it won't just glitch again.

For my troubles of bothering to file a support ticket at Tech Support, your boy Jason keeps closing it and telling me it's a "gameplay issue" and to go look on forums for solutions (of which there are no viable solutions).

arrons123
12-29-2008, 12:27 PM
What is the point in playing online, the whole point is to become a higher level and upgrade to better guns but it is beggining to look impossible with this exp loss when i log-out, this game is excellent online but it has put me off. will there be somthing done about this? and when!
Thank You

TX_SASQUATCH
12-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Most of my friends including myself traded in the PS3 FC2 to the 360 version due to losing diamonds and XP along with excessive server disconnects. None of us on 360 have lost diamonds or xp and get disconnected only when Ubi's servers actually go down.

Dark_Overlord
12-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Just had the loss of online experience crap, I spent 10 hours last night leveling up and getting revives. Got up this morning and I'm back to level 4 with only 3 revives, what a p*** take, this needs fixing ASAP as it will be impossible to get the trophies otherwise

llDefecTedll
12-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by nate_02631:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llDefecTedll:
They all play COD5 lol.
Well, I'm not playing FC2 anymore, because the game won't give me anymore missions...

So that's my bug report.. Playing on PS3, only mission available is the one @ AFL (or UFCC, I forget which). Guard lets me in, but upstairs door is closed and there is no talking.

I started another game (have old save file) but stopped as I can't play with any confidence that it won't just glitch again.

For my troubles of bothering to file a support ticket at Tech Support, your boy Jason keeps closing it and telling me it's a "gameplay issue" and to go look on forums for solutions (of which there are no viable solutions). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah man No worries! We both Know how kilZone2 will be! Muhaha I hardly doubt FC2 will fix the bugs anytime soon. besides the time they fix this problem it will be to late.

nate_02631
12-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by llDefecTedll:
Yeah man No worries! We both Know how kilZone2 will be! Muhaha I hardly doubt FC2 will fix the bugs anytime soon. besides the time they fix this problem it will be to late.
Yeah I can't wait for Killzone to come out... Still would have liked to play Far Cry 2 - it's a shame it had so much potential but I guess they rushed it for the holiday season... I only paid 25 bucks for it new, but I still think I'm gonna eBay it unless I hear word *soon* that these numerous bugs will be addressed. (But I ain't holding my breath)...

arrons123
12-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey,

Has the exp fault gon yet?
Its seem to be okay for the moment when befor i was experiansing so major exp losses, but now nothing. Has it gone?

Thanks

llDefecTedll
12-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by nate_02631:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llDefecTedll:
Yeah I can't wait for Killzone to come out... Still would have liked to play Far Cry 2 - it's a shame it had so much potential but I guess they rushed it for the holiday season... I only paid 25 bucks for it new, but I still think I'm gonna eBay it unless I hear word *soon* that these numerous bugs will be addressed. (But I ain't )... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES DONT hold your breath you may just passout and Die lol..

JackalsPapi
12-31-2008, 09:56 AM
This must have been mentioned here..

1, when bots exits their vehicles sometimes they end up standing on the car roof.

2, The first line interception mission when you have to eliminate a car brigade that drives circles around the airfield at the bottom of the map. two of the three cars in the caravan are invisible and only appears when you shoot at them.

3, When you have to get meds for the second time they'll ask you to get papers to the underground southwest of Pala. When you unlock that underground SW of Pala the main room is empty and the only interaction you can do there is sleep on the bed.

4, Bots are sometimes aiming at the wall when standing one feet from it, they shoot at the wall point blank.

boganosky
01-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm stucked in the following stage:
Marty
Act2-46%
Normal
Mission: Rendez-vous with Frank Bilder's barge and eliminate all attackers.
I'm on the barge after eliminate all the attackers and I can't speak with Frank, pressing the triangle key. Frank shows on the 1st deck instead of appear on the top deck inside the cabin. I tryed turn back in previous saved games but in all I stuck in that situation.
Can Anyone explain how to pass this point? I far I understod this is a issue for other players and I would like to avoid start again the game.
Thanks.

RazzeerM
01-14-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm still waiting for patch for polish ver. in which MULTI completely doesn't work.. Frustrated a bit.. colletors edit. of a game that even doesn't work properly.. :/

twcrash
01-14-2009, 06:34 PM
1. Weapons are uneven. You can walk up to someone from behind and start to unload M249 rounds into they and they can whip around and 1 shot 1 kill you.

2. Seeing names thru objects. You need to remove this feature/Glitch. This allows snipers to scan the horizon for names to pop up and wait til they come out from behind solid items and get kills. There is nothing more frustrating about this game than that. We tested this out in a few maps and you could literally sit aways out and scan buildings for names, find them, wait for them to get into a window or walk out and drop them with the Aw50
sniper rifle. Same with grass you can lie down or crouch in tall grass and scan the horizon until a name shows and fire.

SpiritualZombie
01-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Please, when you have a chance....

1. Make 'Turn/Look Acceleration' adjustable.
2. Move the multiplayer popup messages to the bottom of the screen.
3. Fix the widescreen FOV. It feels like I'm looking through a small window.
4. Make red enemy name tags optional in player matches and ranked games.
5. Allow player (unranked) matches to specify what weapons classes to allow.
6. Fix the problem of ranked experience loss.
7. Pat yourself on the back and enjoy the praise of happy Far Cry 2 players.

A2theJ25
01-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow, this Single Player is Horrible.. Just Ran into the Frank Bilder Glitch.. No Idea on what to do now.. I suppose go to another game that actually works!@!!@!

Dark_Overlord
01-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Fix the damn exp glitch Ive lost 85,000exp since yesterday

Vorlon
01-23-2009, 07:43 AM
My problem occurs in the alternate mission of Destroy Radio Transmitter (APR Mission in Act 2). When I press triangle to intimidate the DJ, the game gets stuck and nothing happens. The only button that still works is the PS button. I have tried 4 times with the same result. It will be impossible to get the subvert all missions trophy!
By reverting to an older save (not mid mission), the problem did not occur. I did lose a few hours.
This game gets a lot of criticism but I think it's great. Very beautiful and relaxing.

Depdad
01-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Raide:
All of your comments are being looked at and those tech issues will be directed to the developers.

Make sure you do still contact the Tech Department, since it will make it easier to see if there is a trend in problems that we can get patched quickly. It does little good to contact Tech Department when they never respond to your questions.

TheCopperkid
01-25-2009, 03:18 PM
i've lost a lot of xp recently and always lost some each time i play but more and more recently. is there anyone that can tell us if we will be able to recover our data like some to the xbox360 owners have been reporting or at least that this will be fixed and stop happening? thanks

thewizard611
01-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Online in this game has so much potential but they've ruined it with the damage system and some weapon balancing. Everyone takes too many hits to kill and it's ridiculous.
Also the pistols suck, they are just flat out useless because for some reason they lack the rate of fire they have in single player. I mean everytime i go to fire my deagle or the Star pistol i have this stupid little pause in between while in single player i can fire either gun as fast as i want to. Oddly enough the makarov doesn't seem to have the same problem with rate of fire. With the damage system the way it is some weapons are just completely useless, namely the shotguns. I can unload 3 shells into someones back at point blank range and then they'll spin around and kill me. I mean i can get twice as many kills using the uzi sidearm than the shotgun. Please ubisoft add a hardcore mode or something to online because this is killing the game for me.

Staticks
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Ubisoft, when the hell is the sound randomly cutting out when firing weapons in the PS3 version going to be fixed? It certainly wasn't fixed in the first patch for the game. It completely ruins to experience and the satisfaction of the gunplay when you can't hear your own gun firing, and it's a poor reflection on the sloppiness and lack of polish of the coding of the PS3 version.

Now, I KNOW this isn't an isolated problem that's only affecting me and a couple other occasional PS3 users, because the IGN review mentioned that their PS3 build of the game had the same problem as well.

Also, please implement a widescreen FOV option in the PS3 and 360 versions, just as you did for the PC version. Some of us are experiencing nausea and/or disorientation when playing with the current zoomed-in, narrow FOV setting of the game.

koasty
01-29-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm stuck at 88% where I have to meet at the marina but it wont let me inside the bar does anyone have a fix for this besides the mortar thing (have no diamonds) or ami SOOL...

xlTomAsslx
01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
i think you should add a server list for the multiplayer mode, its quite annoying to go through random games till you find one with the caracteristics you want (srry i dont know if this was already posted).
it might be quite helpfull.

The_KELRaTH
01-30-2009, 04:01 PM
I put the game away a while back now and when the extra content came I was expecting the fixes to follow quite shortly afterwards - well that was how it was put across anyway.

I cannot believe months on and we still have a game that only lasts one map er multiplayer game then kicks back to the very beginning requiring going through all the various menus to start again.

I would have thought this would have been a priority to fix as it's a fundamental flaw.

Well I may have wasted 39.99 but I did cancel all the other Ubisoft titles and will just not buy another game from them again till a) both singleplayer and multiplayer work properly b) I see a formal apology to their customers.

andrewh86
02-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by tURDEN:
Just a question, how do I delete my maps? I saved the same map 5 times. It just feels like a waste having them there. And I also need to delete a map i downloaded.. (it sucked)

-

Have you figured out how to delete downloaded maps from online, and maps you created yourself? I am having the same problem. I downloaded a bunch of maps when I first got the game, not knowing what I was doing, and now I want to delete them. Any help would be great!
-Andrew

Dark_Overlord
02-05-2009, 11:11 AM
(PS3 version) If you go into your 'Game Data' folder in the xmb, all the maps are there seperately, just press triangle on the map then delete

I'm guessing roughly the same thing would work on any version, ie find where the maps are stored then delete them from there

tuco4
02-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Just how long do they need to fix the wretched FOV ???? 3+ months is an absolute farce ! whilst the 'why haven't you been sued' thread concerning various multiplayer issues was abit over the top, maybe it isn't if it concerns bringing out a title that causing sickness amoung a few people, AND that you were aware that it would ( you did it with Bioshock so knew it would have the same effect ). You can't plead bloody ignorance over that one can you ???

R.M2009
02-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Ok i have a very stupid problem
I wentinto Mike's bar, passed a mission and saved the game. But now i cant move cause im stuck between the fridge and Josip.
cant move at all, and stuck inside mike's bar.
HELP ME!!

camcam9907
02-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Come on ubisoft. Why has nothing been done about the game freezes on all platforms? So many people have reported the same problems (check out this other forum: http://www.product-reviews.net...n-xbox-360/#comments (http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/11/04/far-cry-2-freezes-on-xbox-360/#comments) ) Something has to be done. We've made you guys a LOT of money, give us something back!

Cam

Cola_Boy
02-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey I have the Triangle button stop working issue when playing online 'player' matches - the triangle button stops working period - no use/interact feature whatsover - upon respawn, it's back to normal, this happens alot.

The only solution around this, is to 1. kill yerself, or get killed, or 2.go into the options menu and reset the control presets, press save, then you're back in the game, guns blazing.

Dark_Overlord
02-17-2009, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Cola_Boy:
Hey I have the Triangle button stop working issue when playing online 'player' matches - the triangle button stops working period - no use/interact feature whatsover - upon respawn, it's back to normal, this happens alot.

The only solution around this, is to 1. kill yerself, or get killed, or 2.go into the options menu and reset the control presets, press save, then you're back in the game, guns blazing.

Yeah, thats another stupidly annoying glitch that needs fixing. One thing I have noted from play is that it will never happen to the host as long as he never checks on the scores

FALLEN CHAMP
02-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Today I was at around 84% or just over, I had been summoned to the bar by the reporter who warned me that some old friends would be there.

I took a ride on a bus and when I got off I jumped on the quad (I had purchased that crappy DLC - Fortunes Map Pack)

Driving up the road the game just froze.
Maybe it's a one off - it was enough for me to shut down the console.

If it happens next time I know it's a problem with the game and not my console.

smallsurprise
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Im also at 46% with Marty. Im also stuck where I Can't talk to Frank Bildes on the barge. I Feel ripped off by Ubi soft....

SUPERMARIODK
02-23-2009, 08:44 AM
WTF, i was rank 10 in Far Cry 2 PS3, I come back to find myself Rank 8,honestly what the hell? it's not funny to play again and again and again.... ciao mario

porrigegoblin
03-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm stuck on a barge....she's supposed to be in the cabin and when you go into the cabin she starts talking, but isn't actually there, she's on the starboard waist, i can't interact with her, can't kill her, can't skip the mission by not answering the call....not frustrated at all....tried everything, loading previous saves, trying to sleep for a few hours then going back, guess what she's still stood there hasn't moved. Anybody any ideas?

Frantic-1
03-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Heres a bug, the frame rate is shocking! It seems to get worse the further into the game you get, very sloppy tbh.

Did the developers even test the PS3 version or just port it from the 360 with a yeeee harrrrr ?

Another glitch, In the psn store it says the dlc is priced at 7.99, Are you insane ? How many have you sold out of interest, lmao.

"The PS3 is a good fit for the game engine" my arse.

smokingcrop
03-21-2009, 04:11 AM
- stats not always automatic updated
- disconnected from the host after aprox. every game
- cars in multi player unhittable with sniper or bullets since they dont drive normal (they just go in shocks, one time he is at the tree and other time hes 4 meters further)
- since yesterday he can't upload my statics and also gives an error when i try to get in unranked match

what about if you get the 100% you can't go back to play anywhere you want? you just get to see the credits and then homepage and then load again from 96% -.-

foralliknow
03-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Fantastic game very enjoyable.

Tweaks -

Multiplayer:

Deny the option of not balancing teams except in private slot games.

Stop the host being able to ban a player without a vote (as good players get banned sometimes if the host thinks they are a threat to the host winning).

A fix on the glitch in occasional lack of saving ranking points.

Story Mode feedback perhaps for FC3:

Fast travel options eg. train travel / helicopter travel

Back-up flying in to support you on a major mission

Speed boat (no mounted gun)

Perhaps set in Colombia drug war?

Slipknot625
03-21-2009, 03:14 PM
When i log on the server wont release my statistics so i cant play multiplayer and then most player map serches do work eather this is very fusrating
please help

TacticEspionage
03-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Slipknot625:
When i log on the server wont release my statistics so i cant play multiplayer and then most player map serches do work eather this is very fusrating
please help

I got same problem!

Nexis007
03-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TacticEspionage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slipknot625:
please help

I got same problem! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, having this issue over the last 2 days. Wont bring up my personal statistics thus cannot access ranked games. Player match link is highlighed but cannot find any games (PS3).

Seems theres now a few people having this issue http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

smokingcrop
03-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Nexis007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TacticEspionage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slipknot625:
please help

Same here, having this issue over the last 2 days. Wont bring up my personal statistics thus cannot access ranked games. Player match link is highlighed but cannot find any games (PS3).

Seems theres now a few people having this issue http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you ask me, everyone has this problem http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
All of my friends (other countries) have the same problems
(maybe getting up hardcore mode?)

Spoens
03-22-2009, 01:45 PM
same prob here..... as well as another bug;
at 50% (act 2) in the garage (side q) the trucks front is lifted and the garage door is closed so can't get out. but that's not the problem... the back of the truck is touching the door so I can't get the poison out of the back.... don't have other saves (do have but at 13%) so I have to redo whole game >.< This games is really ****ting me. If any of u has a solution so I don't have to continue from 13% TELL ME!

CharcoalDragon
03-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by smokingcrop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nexis007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TacticEspionage:
please help

Seems theres now a few people having this issue http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you ask me, everyone has this problem http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
All of my friends (other countries) have the same problems
(maybe getting up hardcore mode?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it seems some people in north america are now playing the game again, but me and my australian friends can't access our stats same as above. its been 3 days now. when is this going to be fixed?

Adzer2
03-24-2009, 07:09 AM
I was at the Pipeline co place thats up high on a mountain in Bowa Seko and died, Marty Alancar came along and rescued me, I killed the rest of the bad guys and went to leave the area when Marty needed help, I gave him a syrette and he got up went around for a few moments and fell down again as if he had fallen from a height, more syrettes and he's up again, until he walks around and dies again, this time I can't revive him.

I hope I have enough buddies for subverting missions here or i'll be annoyed that I'm not going to get the trophy

Sandipants
03-30-2009, 04:14 PM
I am getting really annoyed now. I have been pa
playing this game for weeks now and my XP will NOT save when I log out. I also keep getting logged out after a match. This seems to be happening to loads of people. Why is this happening?

SHOMARIO
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by porrigegoblin:
I'm stuck on a barge....she's supposed to be in the cabin and when you go into the cabin she starts talking, but isn't actually there, she's on the starboard waist, i can't interact with her, can't kill her, can't skip the mission by not answering the call....not frustrated at all....tried everything, loading previous saves, trying to sleep for a few hours then going back, guess what she's still stood there hasn't moved. Anybody any ideas?

same here! can no one help :'(

joeyschmidt
04-05-2009, 11:31 AM
AAAARRRRRRGHH! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
Honestly, if I had hair I'd have pulled it all out by now. Online this game should rock, but no! Heres why:

- Stats don't get updated and I start from Level one ALWAYS!
- Logged out after EVERY match.
- Finding it hard to log into a game sometimes.
- Usually the hosts are sackbags; when you take them out you get kicked!
- The team balancing is a myth. I fought with 5 other ppl all with lower than rank 4 and the other team had 9 players all above rank 7. There were even 2 20+ in that team FFS!

Come on Ubisoft, fix this so we *****s can get our trophies!!!!! Hosts should not be allowed to kick in ranked sessions, that just sux. If I could remove a game from my trophy list then I'd shift this as I am not happy when Platinums are unavailable to me! GTAIV suffered from the same online trophy unavailability.

CharcoalDragon
04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by joeyschmidt:
AAAARRRRRRGHH! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
Honestly, if I had hair I'd have pulled it all out by now. Online this game should rock, but no! Heres why:

- Stats don't get updated and I start from Level one ALWAYS!
- Logged out after EVERY match.
- Finding it hard to log into a game sometimes.
- Usually the hosts are sackbags; when you take them out you get kicked!
- The team balancing is a myth. I fought with 5 other ppl all with lower than rank 4 and the other team had 9 players all above rank 7. There were even 2 20+ in that team FFS!

Come on Ubisoft, fix this so we *****s can get our trophies!!!!! Hosts should not be allowed to kick in ranked sessions, that just sux. If I could remove a game from my trophy list then I'd shift this as I am not happy when Platinums are unavailable to me! GTAIV suffered from the same online trophy unavailability.

from what you said i am going to assume that you don't have a headset. the people who host games are normally playing with a group of their friends and they all happen to be average to good levels.

getting kicked mid game: if you use the MGL (semi-automatic grenade launcher) this is normally the fastest way to get kicked from a game. hosts kick players who use it because it is way too overpowered and makes the game not fun. so if you were using this gun i suggest you don't. appart from that most people i know wouldn't kick someone for being good. except for one particular person who is known for this and even kicked me for stealing the enemy diamond (i was on his team).

hope this helps, good luck getting the platinum, it will take an age. i'm only level 11.

oh but yes the online stats and match quiting problems are very annoying and can only be solved by UBISOFT.

joeyschmidt
04-07-2009, 08:16 AM
At level 1 I only go as a Commando and all I used was the basic assault rifle on his weak ***! There's no way I'll get a grenade launcher if my stats don't get saved. Also, this wasn't a game for a clique of friends, this guy took the hump 'cos a level 1 player beat his *** down, that is all. No one else had headsets according to the mute menu and no one was chatting so that's further proof. Also I use my PSEye as my audio comms device when I can be bothered plugging it in!

I won't name and shame this eejit, but I would like Ubisoft to fix all of the issues in the online part of this title.

shoot_you
04-18-2009, 07:13 AM
- did all of the cellular tower missions => no trophy
- subverted all the main faction missions in Bowa-Seko => no trophy

- enemies face the other way, but they do shoot me.
- It's night, it's raining, I've bought myself the sneak suit, but enemies can still see me from very far. I can't see them because of plants, but I do get shot.

these are the most annoying bugs I encountered.

Soulfader72
04-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Safari tour trophy. I've still played every ranked map in and out and still can't get this trophy

D0peSmuggler
04-24-2009, 03:29 PM
For some reason when I try to host a game, nobody ever joins. I just sit in an empty lobby forever, waiting for other players to join in. I never have any problems joining other players matches, but I can't host a game to save my life. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

sharpenedpixel
05-02-2009, 07:29 PM
- did all of the cellular tower missions => no trophy

Same here, it makes me so angry, I've got to go back a long way with still no guarantee of it working still.

Augustus_aka_AG
05-04-2009, 03:09 PM
I am also one of the many people who have experienced a lot of the bugs/glitches already mentioned. These are the ones that I feel must be addressed in order to make this game feel polished....which it deserves to be.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Single Player</span>
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Enemies facing the other way whilst shooting.
<LI> Enemies shooting you from unrealistic distances, whilst you are hidden in undergrowth.
<LI> Enemies exiting on top of vehicles rather than alongside them.
<LI> The numerous glitches that hamper progress through the story, such as Missions being inaccessable or unfinishable due to NCP's not spawning in correct locations or just being unresponsive to interaction.
<LI> Buddies dying for no apparent reason after rescuing you.
<LI> Right analogue stick sensitivity is unpredictable, making it very hard to follow targets while they are moving (this also applies to Multiplayer). [/list]

<span class="ev_code_RED">Multiplayer</span>

Please note, a lot of these problems have resulted in me not using Multiplayer, as it is too frustrating.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Being returned to the multiplayer menu after every game played.
<LI> Losing XP and weapon statistics after returning to MP the following day.
<LI> Being frequently dropped from Far Cry 2 server.
<LI> Team games being totally unbalanced, almost always resulting in experienced players being on one team (I think this is mainly due to the 'Switch Team' button being abusable. There should be no choice as to what team you are on, unless invited by a friend or in a private game).
<LI> Hosts being able to kick players from ranked games for no reason other than they don't want to share XP, dont like losing or dont like what weapon you use (perhaps replacing with a 'move to other team' option would help resolve some of the issues a host may have, whilst allowing the other party to play on. But I feel this too would probably be abused).
<LI> Players not joining Custom Matches, despite the Host waiting for extensive periods of time.
<LI> Games only starting when the Host is ready (surely when more than 50% of the competitors are ready, the game should start automatically (As long as a threshold amount of people have joined the game)). [/list]

I'm not sure why I have taken the time to write all of these points, as the impression I get, after reading the whole thread, is that this is just a place for people to Gripe, whilst under the false assumption it will lead to Ubisoft taking action. The game has been out for more than 6 months and still the same problems are being reported that were highlighted at the beginning of this thread.

Because of all these problems, I will now be taking proactive measures to try and Boycott Ubisoft. Every online games related forum or store which has consumer reviews, will receive a negative review from myself when Far Cry 2 is mentioned (I may even extend this to other Ubisoft titles if these problems are left unresolved). Anyone who reads my post and agrees with my points, please don't post a reply. Instead go onto Amazon, Play.com or another internet games sales/review site and post a bad review of this game (or other Ubisoft titles if you feel inclined to do so). At the very least you will get some satisfaction from hopefully preventing someone from wasting their money. If enough people do this, then Ubisoft will hopefully be forced to acknowledge their unhappy customers and fix this game!

P.S. I really loved this game when I started playing, but my admiration for this game has been destroyed by its shortcomings....

IM lightning10
05-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I have the Hakim Glitch on the Barge in Single Player... is there anything that can be done?

If I start over, will it do the same thing?

I have reloaded and replayed up to it several times with different saves...

Help!! please...

Cola_Boy
05-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Server Issues today:
I get this message when attempting to join 'any' Player Match:

"FAR CRY 2 FAILED TO JOIN. SERVER CANNOT BE FOUND."

Also I get disconnected from server when hosting.
I thought this was fixed?

Will20007
05-17-2009, 12:19 AM
I would have to say that FarCry2 was the best game I have ever played. I think its far more superior than other titles in its genre. I love the freedom, the scenery, the vehicles, everything makes for an all out adventure. I was also impressed with the AI. The story was fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game again and again.

The biggest problem for me is waiting for the Far Cry 3!

Psyshot0385
05-24-2009, 02:01 AM
i cant publish any of my damn maps to the community server even though they are fully validated. The game flashes a message saying theres a problem with the far cry 2 server. this is a load of ****.

Madnesscombatgu
05-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Okay so i have far cry 2 for ma ps3 and i have a problem with online play. Every time i rank up i get my diamond etc.. but as soon as i quit a match or the game and start a new match or start the game again my rank goes back to rank two and 190xp. I loose all my guns and diamonds. So has any one else had this problem or heard of it? Does anyone know how to fix it or how i can restart my stats?

RyanDeeAle
06-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I rented Far Cry 2 for the PS3.

I still own the original Far Cry for the PC and I am definately impressed. I haven't been playing Far Cry 2 for long at all.

The story is good and the environment is great and it's wonderful that you've adapted so well.

Also, unlike MANY other PS3 games (including some of 'the best') the models, lighting, and textures work extremely well to present a rich and well polished and balanced environment.

The options are FANTASTIC. The depth they add to the personal style of gameplay. For myself: Harder difficulty, crosshairs off and no auto aim. I like more 'realism'.

I love IRON SIGHTS. I would love to play the original Far Cry with iron sights http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The weapon selection:- It is absolutely beautiful to see a different selection of weapons from the original title and most modern games. G3, AK and FAL - all having a special place in my heart. Down with the Armalites!

So far I haven't figured out if I can change fire mode on the weapons (single/burst/auto/whatever). I think it is an essential part of any game with weapons that have these features in real life. Then again, my rented version didn't come with a manual but if this feature was available it should clearly be stated in the present controls diagram or at least as a 'tool tip'.

SOUNDS - I'm a musician and an audiophile.

I do like good music and environment sounds in game. Whilst I haven't actually took those features into the 'experience' yet because I'm still on the first mission (i think), I would like to say that the gun sounds are poor.

Don't take it personally though. I am never impressed with gun sounds in games.

Having fired a variety of pistols and being an analist for realism and audiophile makes it hard task to please me. What I would like to see from a future title is the whole experience of firing a weapon.

It is scary stuff. Stupidly loud and unpleasent. It is unfortunate that you do have to sell the game and make money from it otherwise I'm sure the volume and sheer unpleasent, brutal, relentless and deadly sound wouldn't be a problem.

The character selection also made the game interesting and I believe it can effet the game - this is a nice dynamic gameplay mechanic and hopefully adds some extra capacity for replayability.

Please make a Far Cry 3. I haven't even done much but I know I want to see a third version already http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

S2-ped
06-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Hello Ubisoft Team!

This game is still enjoyable though the rumors for features on this game don't seem to be intact like in the campaign mode the enemies where supposed to have multiples way to be "taken out" rather than the knife or gun. The map maker has a good set of features but the PLAYSTATION 3 version of farcry DOES NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE OBJECTS that contain lighting properties! Why doesn't the PS3 have that when the Personal Computer does??
But I'm done wining and would like to request more textures for the ground paint limit to be raised up to five or six. If it doesn't comprimise system performance or functionality I would apreciate this. Oh, and there is a lack of green paint textures to turn the collection system green. And as a add-on maybe you can give us some extra paint textures like gold sand or smoked swirled glass or diamond bedded coal. This would make the grass look completely out of this world! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
I would like to request one more thing...more props for the playstation3 mapmaker version of farcry. You gave us tables and desks but we've verry little to fill on those desks and tables. The campaign is full of objects and for some reason we can't access many of them for the map maker.

Your attention is appreciated.

HelghasTrooper
07-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I too have experienced the same problems in Far Cry 2 but I have additional ones.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Inability to host at all.
<LI>Unable to initiate vote against team killer.
<LI>Players camp at spawn points or diamond locations
<LI>Experienced players get additional amounts of health because of ranking
<LI>Reseting of diamonds after about a month
<LI>Player shooting through their back in multiplayer
[/list]

There are a few other things I have seen but am unable to recall. The game is still fun but these quirks in the game really irritate me. I have seen older games having less problems. Such as Wolfentein.

S2-ped
07-09-2009, 05:02 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PLAYSTATION 3 CONSOLE VERSION OF FARCRY:

-Object:rotation, tilt, movement- The objects tilting and movement will change when you grab it from the top opposed to the bottom. Will seemingly change as you rotate and try to tilt or move!!! YOU DEVELOPERS TRY TO MAKE A MAP ON THE PLAYSTATION 3 AND TELL ME IF IT DOESN'T YOU OFF!! My map is requiring very small changes and the damned controls are making the process miserable and difficult! PLEASE, CHECK THE PLAYTATION 3 VERSION OF THE MAP MAKER AND INCLUDE THE CHANGES IN THE NEXT PATCH!!!!

-Lighting- GUNSPARKS are NOT LIGHTING THE GROUND. Also FIRE does NOT PRODUCE LIGHT on anything. That means no lighting from fire on the ground, trees, the collection system, or objects you place on the map. I'm not implying the little sprite for the fire, but the lighting property that should be coming from the fire sprites or the fire event. It's rediculous to have a fire at night and still have the same visibility as it was when there is no fire.
The Playstation 3 VERSION also DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBJECT YOU CAN PLACE IN THE MAP MAKER TO PRODUCE LIGHT!! HALF OF THE SECTION IN OBJECTS IS MISSING(where you can choose to:select new object,select and move, select and tilt-rotate-move!!!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or post in all CAPS.</span>

tuco4
10-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Its been almost an entire YEAR now and i, along with a few others are still waiting for the cropped widescreen issue to be fixed !!! Anyone from Ubisoft like to comment ?

tuco4
10-07-2009, 05:13 AM
No replies eh ? marvellous customer support in action Ubisoft, give yourselves a high five.

MisterTeddyBear
10-11-2009, 06:51 PM
YOU CAN NOT HOST AN ONLINE MATCH IF YOU HAVE A DASH (-) IN YOUR PSN NAME! THIS GLITCH IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, now I have to make an entire new PSN account just for Far Cry 2. They better do a quick patch on this or i'm sueing.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not post in all CAPS.</span>

kevballs
10-16-2009, 03:50 AM
A really big bug.

I can't get to play online for more than 2 full games without getting "You've been disconected fron the Playstation Network" even though I am still online, I can still press the ps button and send messages. I have to quit the game and reload to get another couple of games in.

This is pathetic support from a suposedly large games company. Why do UBI not give a monkeys about there paying customers!!??

Ubi.Vigil
10-21-2009, 03:31 AM
There's a known issue with Far Cry 2 network play right now which the post-launch team are currently investigating. At this stage we don't believe it's an issue for everyone, so if you are experiencing the issue it would be very helpful to the investigation process if you could contact Ubi tech support (http://support.ubi.com) with details of the problem to help resolve the issue.

highwaymessiah
11-03-2009, 01:33 AM
I've just bought the new PS3 slim and far cry 2 with it. I seem to be getting problems whilst driving. the steering seems to stick in a certain direction eg. keeps turning left i've restarted, reset and tried another ps3, but still keeps pulling left. Please update me with a solution, thanks.

S2-ped
11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by highwaymessiah:
I've just bought the new PS3 slim and far cry 2 with it. I seem to be getting problems whilst driving. the steering seems to stick in a certain direction eg. keeps turning left i've restarted, reset and tried another ps3, but still keeps pulling left. Please update me with a solution, thanks.

You have your six-axis motion detector active for vehicle steering. You can steer your vehicle when only tilting your controller right or left. Obviously you will have to go to the options to set it how you want according to the options provided.

and yes, the entire world now knows you're a natural left stooper, a-ha ha!. . . Okay, okay thats an over statement.

S2-ped
12-03-2009, 05:05 AM
Playstation Console Version of Far Cry2(with latest patch)
----------------------------------------------------

-Legend-
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">**Subject** </span>
<span class="ev_code_GREY">!!breifing!!</span>
??elements possible to cause??
<span class="ev_code_RED">>>consistant of fault effect<< </span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">...other facts...</span>
<span class="ev_code_BROWN">&&speculations&&</span>
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">((NEW))</span>
---------------------------------------------------

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">**Map editor </span><span class="ev_code_YELLOW"><STRIKE>collection system </STRIKE></span><span class="ev_code_PURPLE">numb to undo/redo command**</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREY">!!Collection system did not respond to undo/redo commands after exiting and then reloading my custom map immediately.!!</span>

??When editing with my elaborately placed collection system, the layout had accidentally been changed by choosing another(or same) collection system for the user preset selected's location. <span class="ev_code_RED">>>When the user preset is changed, it will not change back to the same dendrology layout with the undo command and will only react to the collection's painted area history.<<</span> Because I could not revert the collection using the undo command, I exited my custom map unsaved and then loaded my same map to regain the original collection configuration of dendrology that I had intentionally layed down and edited. However, after I loaded this map back for editing, the collection system would not respond in any way to the commands undo/redo.??

<span class="ev_code_blue">...woodland light was the collection I was actively brushing/editing when the subjected happened, jungle/light-heart-dense were the last used before the cause that lead to the incident, objects responded in their entirety upon the undo/redo command during subject unless the collection was painted last, the bottom of my Far Cry2 playstation game console disc had no complete obstruction in reflection but some mild translucent smears...</span>
<span class="ev_code_BROWN">&&I hope the little bits that flawed the cd reflection is the probable cause of subject, but please check the consistancy matter above.&& </span>

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">---------------------------------------
(( I have reproduced the problem except, the undo and redo memory did NOT respond to ANY objects, collection, textures, and terrain manipulation. I could not get the system to undo or redo any parameters of functions on all of the mentioned map editor tools.)) </span>

??As I have done before, the map I was editing was exited but instead of selecting the same map, I created a new one for editing. I selected some textures for the user presets and then I figured out the undo and redo had become numb again except to seemingly everything I would do with the editor.??

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">...I was looking through and selected textures: savana river, then desert cracked, when I noticed the lack of response of the undo command. I had no problems occuring with the commands when I decided to save my map and work on a new map. The bottom of my playstation3 game cd has NO flaws on the reflective side of the cd and no scratches on the enamel game label side on the top of the cd which would prevent data from being read permanently (when scratched off any location above written data)....</span>

S.A.11
12-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Im having a problem in act 2, Id like to tell you first that ive done every side mission, buddy mission, and every missions for both the apr and ufll. After I flooded the diamond mine, I went to port saleo to the APR building which said there was a mission to be done there, I went inside to find all the doors inside closed and no one to talk to. Now ive done some research into this problem by looking at walkthroughs which tell me that the APR was supposed to give me a phone call to meet him somewhere, but I have not received it yet. Ive even went to the place where the APR leader was supposed to meet me, but no one home, and Ive also gone back to the diamond mine and walked around for a long time but no phone call. I have no idea what to do to get the phone call, and there is no one home at the APR building in port saleo, anyone got any ideas??? Thanks.

Gekko87
02-09-2010, 06:09 AM
I just finishing doing the mission in Act 2 where I need to blow up the Pipelines. I go the APR for the next mission that is available, go inside the buliding and the door is closed. Basically I can't move forward in the game at this moment, PLEASE PATCH THIS, I REALLY DON'T BREAK SOMETHING BECAUSE OF SOME BS GLITCH

Mangs607
02-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by S.A.11:
Im having a problem in act 2, Id like to tell you first that ive done every side mission, buddy mission, and every missions for both the apr and ufll. After I flooded the diamond mine, I went to port saleo to the APR building which said there was a mission to be done there, I went inside to find all the doors inside closed and no one to talk to. Now ive done some research into this problem by looking at walkthroughs which tell me that the APR was supposed to give me a phone call to meet him somewhere, but I have not received it yet. Ive even went to the place where the APR leader was supposed to meet me, but no one home, and Ive also gone back to the diamond mine and walked around for a long time but no phone call. I have no idea what to do to get the phone call, and there is no one home at the APR building in port saleo, anyone got any ideas??? Thanks.

Originally posted by Gekko87:
I just finishing doing the mission in Act 2 where I need to blow up the Pipelines. I go the APR for the next mission that is available, go inside the buliding and the door is closed. Basically I can't move forward in the game at this moment, PLEASE PATCH THIS, I REALLY DON'T BREAK SOMETHING BECAUSE OF SOME BS GLITCH

Read this thread

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...0106891/m/8001013928 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/170106891/m/8001013928)

galleonk
05-16-2010, 09:53 AM
This bites because I'm also getting this bug but I only did all but 2 buddy missions when I had it, now with no previous saves left I can't revert it, really need a patch or something for this. I also noticed something was wrong when I kept getting jackal tapes but only the 3rd tape is listed and ends up being played over and over again whenever I got a tape.

CrackleJackal
05-30-2010, 02:59 PM
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>1.Better (ranked) map publishing system. [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>2.Game capture option. [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>3.FarCry3 competition website like MLG,but just for FarCry3(schedule top player/multiplayer matches)and (Got Owed Top 10 vids ).[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>4.Have modes like SWAT,Paintball,Laser tag,fun stuff?!!!!! [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>5.Indoor maps with pistols only mode.(scoped pistols,one-headshot kills)[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>6.Continue with no multiplayer radar system.[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>7.Do it in Iceland or the most diverse climate and marine ecosystem.[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>8.close quarters battle and hand-to-hand combat[/list]

jaded1979
02-06-2011, 07:38 AM
I just wondered, if possible, when you next do an update, if it would be possible to place the banner that comes across the screen telling you about votes, more on player matches, could be displayed either at the top or bottom of the screen??

Locket011
08-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Big bug when trying to play Far Cry 2 version downloaded off Playstation Store, I downloaded the game fine, installed it fine, then when I clicked on Start it comes up with a message saying that 'the disc I am using is dirty or damaged' Ummmm it is installed to the PS3 Harddisk why is it looking for a DVD??? Other Ubisoft games I have bought and downloaded through the Playstation Store work fine such as Splinter Cell but FC2 just gives me this message and won't go any further http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Wasted 30 dollars AUS? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif