PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Q&A: September 21

UbiSpectre
09-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Question:"Will people who pay for the game have too big advantage over people who don't pay?"

- from Amir Zilic

Answer:

"As a quick overview, there are two kinds of currency in GR Online, Requisition Points (RP or Points) and Cash. Players earn Points while playing the game. If you do well in a match you make more, if you do poorly, you make less. Cash you get in exchange for real-world money.

Back to the question: No one should have too big an advantage over anyone else because of gear – whether they’re buying the gear with Points or Cash. If we let someone buy a Death Ray with either currency, the game won’t be fun. We’re a shooter after all, so Skill > Gear.

Playing GR Online, you have to choose how you’re going to spend your Points. Maybe you have enough to buy the Tier 3 Shotgun or the Tier 3 Armor. Do you choose offense or defense? Do you wait until Tier 4? We have a lot of utility items also!

These choices let players grow into different play styles. Cash is for those moments when you don’t want to choose – you want the steak, the chicken, and the fish. Some days, for some people, that’s the right choice."

-Bernard Chen, GRO Monetization Director

McSkivv
09-21-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't suppose you could help us out by giving us a couple examples. I.E.

That Tier 3 Shotgun costs X Points and Y Cash
A match nets a player ~X Points on average
X Dollars/Euros gets a player Y cash

This would be very helpful in our picturing how long it would take us to get an item by playing instead of spending cash? I'm afraid that it'll take $2 to buy an item that takes a week's playing to get ingame.

UbiSpectre
09-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi McSkivv,

For now, we are centered on the objectives Bernard shared with you. We are currently in the process of weighing what's best for gamers to fully enjoy playing GRO.

But you'll definitely see what we're talking about someday http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

McSkivv
09-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the reassurance Spectre.

GhostsFaceKira
09-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by McSkivv:
I'm afraid that it'll take $2 to buy an item that takes a week's playing to get ingame.

Just $2 bucks for something that would have normally taken me a week of play to do?

Sounds like a good deal to me.

ecma4
09-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Sounds pretty standard for these types of free to play games, which is great. Thanks for posting!

Mathias338
09-27-2011, 09:43 AM
And this is the FR translation, for our French-speaking fans out there! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

--------------------

Question :
Est-ce que les personnes ayant payé pour les objets du jeu auront un gros avantage sur celles qui jouent gratuitement ?
- Amir Zilic

Réponse :
En parcourant rapidement le jeu, on s’aperçoit qu’il existe deux types de monnaie dans Ghost Recon Online :
Les Requisition Points (RP) et le Cash.

Les joueurs gagnent des RP en jouant à Ghost Recon Online. Si vous jouez bien pendant un match, vous gagnerez plus de Points tandis que si vous jouez mal, vous en gagnerez un peu moins.
Le Cash, lui, s’obtient en échange d’argent réel.

Pour revenir à la question : personne ne devrait avoir de trop gros avantage sur les autres uniquement à cause de l’équipement, qu’il soit acheté à l’aide de RP ou de Cash.

Si nous permettons à un joueur d’acheter un "Rayon-de-la-Mort" avec l’une de ces monnaies, le jeu serait trop déséquilibré et donc, pas intéressant.

Nous sommes un jeu de tir après tout... Donc, une plus grande adresse en jeu doit vous donner un meilleur équipement.

Quand vous jouez à GRO, vous avez le choix de dépenser vos Points: peut-être en auriez-vous assez pour acheter le pistolet niveau 3 ou l’armure niveau 3.
Choisissez-vous de jouer défensif ou offensif ?
Attendez-vous le niveau 4 ?
Nous avons aussi beaucoup d’objets de soutien !

Ces choix permettent au joueur de s’améliorer en utilisant différents styles de jeu.
Le Cash est à utiliser pour les moments où vous ne voulez pas choisir : vous voulez le steak, le poulet ET le poisson.
Parfois, pour certains, c’est ça le bon choix.

Bernard Chen, Directeur de la Monétisation dans GRO

Slashershadow
09-27-2011, 10:01 PM
How will you progress in this game from start to finish?
Like will it be CoD style where it depends on how well you play through points?
Or like other games where you need to complete certain levels or mission/achievements?

McSkivv
09-28-2011, 07:29 AM
As far as I can tell you progress in a manner not unlike CoD's multiplayer system. Play matches, get "money" spend the money on weapons. Whether there is a leveling system, or not, I do not know.