PDA

View Full Version : New Downloadable Content on XBL NOW!!!!!

apuff11
10-23-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't kno if there was a post stating this already but XBL has an Naruto Theme up rite now as well as a squad 7 picture pack. So all the Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura, & Kakashi fans go cop (purchase) it.

N30RYU
10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
They could put some faces of the manga/anime... no the faces of the 3D models of the game.

We all know that the faces aren't the strong point of the game...

danielwjenkins
10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
is there a way to preview these before you buy em? anyone got a link for me to check em out? does the theme look like the anime or the game?

xNinjaxx
10-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by danielwjenkins:
is there a way to preview these before you buy em? anyone got a link for me to check em out? does the theme look like the anime or the game?
no they look like 3D pictures its of kakashi,naruto,sasuke and sakura so if you want them download them at your own risk because they look awfull

danielwjenkins
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
what a waste! i was stoked too..

apuff11
10-23-2007, 01:13 PM
U can tell wat they look like by jus goin over them, The theme (im guessin i didnt buy it) are those 4 pics of naruto with the blue and red backrounds the Naruto RoaN sign is blocking the 2 middle ones. and the pics are 4 anime pics of of 1st) naruto 2nd)kakashi 3rd)sasuke 4th) sakura. the Picture Pack is ok, but the theme looks WAK

BlazerFlame
10-23-2007, 01:16 PM
right right, did i say it or did i say it? Im not gonna PAY for this, really. Now if they charging for this, im DYING to see how much the characters will be lmao. And its a shame too, Ubi probably wants this all to be free but Microsoft chooses the price

AsthmaticZero
10-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Except in the rare cases where picture packs and themes are included with a game, when have they ever been free? This has absolutely no relation to whether or not the DLC for the game itself will be free or not.
As far as I'm concerned, if the game is good and the online fighting is fun, I'll gladly pay for more characters/arenas/whatever they want to make available. If you won't shell out a measly $6.25 (500 MS Points) for new characters, then you really can't want them too badly in the first place, IMHO.

ByakuganNoob
10-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by BlazerFlame:
right right, did i say it or did i say it? Im not gonna PAY for this, really. Now if they charging for this, im DYING to see how much the characters will be lmao. And its a shame too, Ubi probably wants this all to be free but Microsoft chooses the price

Doubt ubi wants it to be free, but the price is to high. I actually like the theme, but the pics are bad.

apuff11
10-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by AsthmaticZero:
Except in the rare cases where picture packs and themes are included with a game, when have they ever been free? This has absolutely no relation to whether or not the DLC for the game itself will be free or not.
As far as I'm concerned, if the game is good and the online fighting is fun, I'll gladly pay for more characters/arenas/whatever they want to make available. If you won't shell out a measly $6.25 (500 MS Points) for new characters, then you really can't want them too badly in the first place, IMHO.

EXACTLY
Crackdowns DL characters were free but the themes and pic packs weren't check for yourself, themes and pic packs are not important there mainly there for people who are willing 2 pay for them

BlazerFlame
10-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ByakuganNoob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlazerFlame:

Doubt ubi wants it to be free, but the price is to high. I actually like the theme, but the pics are bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by apuff11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsthmaticZero:

EXACTLY
Crackdowns DL characters were free but the themes and pic packs weren't check for yourself, themes and pic packs are not important there mainly there for people who are willing 2 pay for them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dude...Crackdown sold porly and was a Microsoft published game. You cant compare that DLC of chracters to Naruto. The characters were just appearance, they all did the same stuff, of course itd be free.

And AsthmaticZero this has relations to the DLC. Like i said, Microsoft chooses the price on the items put on market place be it free or not. I wasnt complaining about the themes and gamer pics, i could care less about them, but for sure, if they are charging for this, they will def make you pay for the 360's first big anime game. And were talking character PACKS. Why would they charge 500MS points? Its gonna be at least 750MS points or more. And thats like $10 extra dollars each time because you have to buy 1000MS Points

apuff11
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
ok they wont be free, i already knew that but 750pts for a pack of characters, i doubt unless there it like 8 characters which i doubt they will have that much more downloadable characters anytime soon. I think they would either sell each character individualy or proballby be more like Marvel Ult. Alliance and make it like 500 for a pack of 4 characters.

BlazerFlame
10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
yea i see that happening. But 750MS points is liek the average price for DLC. So dont be surprised if you see it come true. But i do see them selling each individually then everyone all together as a pack

apuff11
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Lee made the in game roster so im set, everybody else is secondary

Yi-Long
10-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Gawd, I hate this whole next-gen scam of having to pay for DLC. Obviously I'm not paying for it, but what ever happened to service, or just sharing cool stuff for free, for the fans, in order to just win more fans and support etc...!?

Like games arent expensive enough(!) Especially here in Europe, where a game is like 55-65 EURO!

When I know a game will milk you for more after the game is out, I wont buy the game. I hate that stuff. you pay 55+ bucks for a game, and 2 months later they're hitting you up for 10 bucks more!? Come on now(!)

Crackdown sounds like a fun game, but I wont buy it untill they bring out a classic version with the DLC included from the get-go.
I also wasnt gonna buy Forza 2 because they were already announcing they would release extra cars etc afterwards which you would have to pay for. (but then I won the game in a competition)

Instead, I only buy the games which offer the whole, complete content in the retail version...
And the games of which I know will cost me 70-80+ bucks or even more (!) to get the complete experience, I'll just hold off on buying that untill it's all budgetprices and the DLC is being offered for free.

I feel themes and gamerpics should just be free, or much cheaper. We pay ALOT for these consoles, and these games, and XBOX Live etc... and now every developer is coming up with extra **** to hit us up for even more money.

If you ARE gonna release incomplete games, with the intention of adding the rest later through DLC for which the gamers will have to pay for, then at least lower the price of the retail version.

Ah well... it seems the golden days of console gaming are behind us... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Now it's all about money money money.
Dont get me wrong. Gaming has always been fairly expensive etc... but in the old days you would just spend 50-60 bucks on a game, and that was that. You would have the complete experience. But nowadays...(!) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

It's becoming less and less fun this way. I still love gaming as a hobby... but the whole industry behind it is becoming more and more greedy every day.

I do think that in the end, this kind of attitude towards the gamers, is going to backfire onto the industry. Just look at the musicindustry and their huge history of overpriced CD's. Now nobody cares anymore if that industry would go bust, as many people feel they have been ripped off for so very long, that whatever happens now to those producing-studios, is their own fault.

AsthmaticZero
10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Would you rather...
A.) Wait longer for a game to come out to give the developers time to incorporate extra characters or...
B.) Get the game sooner and have them add content that you're not required to buy later on?

I'd much rather have the game sooner so I can enjoy the story mode and the vs. characters that it comes with, and if the game is good, I'll pay for additional content later. Most people I know agree with me on this.

Streyll
10-23-2007, 07:20 PM
I thought 800MS points is the usual for big DLC content, like maps for FPS and all, it'll probably be the same price for characters

Mojo_69
10-23-2007, 07:21 PM
yo so are the themes bad? are the picture pack bad? are both bad? or is one of them good?

Please let me know cause i really interested to know if i should buy one of the two.

ByakuganNoob
10-23-2007, 07:54 PM
The pics arent that good, though I am currently using them they are very plain.

As for the theme I like it but you are better off making your own theme with your own naruto pictures. Just to let you know it is random pictures of Naruto, like him eating ramen or smiling.

The guide background is kind of cool though it is a medium blue color with several swirls in it, like the swirl on naruto's shoulder.

lilasb29
10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ByakuganNoob:

As for the theme I like it but you are better off making your own theme with your own naruto pictures.

how u make ure own?

Yi-Long
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by AsthmaticZero:
Would you rather...
A.) Wait longer for a game to come out to give the developers time to incorporate extra characters or...
B.) Get the game sooner and have them add content that you're not required to buy later on?

I'd much rather have the game sooner so I can enjoy the story mode and the vs. characters that it comes with, and if the game is good, I'll pay for additional content later. Most people I know agree with me on this.

I would rather WAIT untill they release a complete game, so I dont get an incomplete game and have to pay more afterwards.

I'm a pretty patient guy, and this whole DLC will just mean I'm gonna wait anyway untill it's all budgetpriced, cause I dont want no part of this whole 'paying 70-80+ bucks for a game' deal.

I feel they should postpone a game untill it's finished, instead of rushing it out to stores in time for Xmas just because that way all the kids will buy their product.

I understand their position and motivation to do so... but personally, as a long-time gamer and Ubisoft fan, I dont really appreciate this kind of stuff. I dont like it.

I know many others dont care about spending extra money, and they are quite eager to spend it on simple-made themes and pictures etc... but as a graphic designer who knows what little/small effort such things cost, I feel it's outragious what they're charging for that stuff. One day's work will probably get them many thousands of dollars from all the kids who dont mind wasting a few bucks on some mediocre pics.

Anyway, to get back to your question: I would much rather wait for a finished product, instead of having to pay for an unfinished product and then having to pay extra to get the whole experience.

Mojo_69
10-23-2007, 10:22 PM
i think in a way its kinda cool the way they allow you to buy new stuff for games you love.

But that doesn't mean you make an incomplete game with like 11 characters. Im talking about like 15 charactes and then a downloadable thing with 5 characters, 6 new enviroments and like some new costums.

BlazerFlame
10-23-2007, 10:24 PM
i know, when they said they will offer characters b4 the game was even done!, it upset me cuz its like they had that planned JUST to make more money. Dont ship a game which features 80 eps. with below 20 characters, that incredulous. make it at least 16, then offer your damn content

Mojo_69
10-23-2007, 11:26 PM
i know, when they said they will offer characters b4 the game was even done!, it upset me cuz its like they had that planned JUST to make more money. Dont ship a game which features 80 eps. with below 20 characters, that incredulous. make it at least 16, then offer your damn content

ya thats nuts sending out a game then like two days later or however long after charge us to pay more money for characters.

MangyForestCat
10-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Can I please have the attention of the boards and let us unite for a common cause...

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DO NOT PAY FOR ANY DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR THIS GAME.

We have the chance to make sure that Ubisoft gives us what we deserve, if we as consumers unite against paying extra money for things that should be included in the game.

Please do not pay for any downloadable content for this game. It's important that we demand that either prices for extra content go down or that they should be free. This pricing is getting ridiculous, and it will only get worse if we let the companies just nickle and dime us out of our money. We all need to stand behind this together, because if we don't we'll just keep getting charged for every single thing.

Dathmir
10-24-2007, 05:59 AM
The man's got a point. Still, if they release new characters, I won't be able to restrain myself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Yi-Long
10-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by MangyForestCat:
Can I please have the attention of the boards and let us unite for a common cause...

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DO NOT PAY FOR ANY DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR THIS GAME.

We have the chance to make sure that Ubisoft gives us what we deserve, if we as consumers unite against paying extra money for things that should be included in the game.

Please do not pay for any downloadable content for this game. It's important that we demand that either prices for extra content go down or that they should be free. This pricing is getting ridiculous, and it will only get worse if we let the companies just nickle and dime us out of our money. We all need to stand behind this together, because if we don't we'll just keep getting charged for every single thing.

That's never gonna work, man. For every guy like you and me that wont participate in that whole DLC scam, there are lots of people who dont seem to care about having to pay more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

For me, this whole thing just means I wont be picking up the game when it comes out, and just wait 9-12 months untill it's budgetpriced and the DLC is free (and if that all doesnt happen, I guess I wont be owning this game, sadly)

For me, this stuff honestly keeps me from picking up certain games. I kow I am not alone in this, as more people refuse to buy such game where you know they'll hit you up for more money later... but the companies dont care as they're making big huge money anyway from the people that DO pay extra for the DLC...

So I doubt this will change. Sadly. Cause as a gamer/consumer it's kinda annoying, and I honestly feel this kinda behaviour is gonna hit the industry back in the face...

BlazerFlame
10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
well if you all dont buy the contents it can go like this:

Microsoft will be forced to make it free

They wont come out with characters anymore since they THINK no one wants them.

so its a win-loose situation