PDA

View Full Version : Uru Expansion Er'Cana Age #5

Groski1979
04-29-2006, 09:10 PM
It;s been a while since I've been in this forum ,I have recently purchased Myst5 and tooled around with the Bahro people for a while untill I couldn't figure out ant more of their enchantments then went back to Uru, made some adjustments on my character( started over rather ) and finished the first four ages from lawn relto then went into the path of the shell finished Ahnonay (1-4), and then I went on to Er'Cana (the waterworks place with the railroad and underground shaft system ). Now I seem to be trying to operate some kind of lazer/gem mechanism with lenses and adjustments that I have not much of an idea with what to do to get the darn thing to permiate, or something like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif There has got to be an easier way than process of elimination considering each refraction has three marks each having one hundred sub-marks. Or in other words three hundred times four equals twelve hundred marks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif Could there possibly be a quicker way of making this puzzle work?

Dave_McB
04-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Have you been in a cave with symbols on the walls? Did part of those symbols resemble something you see in those viewers? Hope this helps. Dave

nanoukmetal
04-30-2006, 12:50 AM
from Uru Obsession.

Room with the elevator and the four mixers. Each of these has three controls and a button. Each control has a symbol that corresponds to
the drawings on the upper Bahro Cavern. By setting the controls to the number
of spokes on each wheel you will produce stone pellets with the right amount
of energy. You will be testing them anyway to see if they are correct.

Go to each viewer. The scales have red (thin) and black (thick) lines: each
red line is a one level increment and each black line is a five level
increment.

Groski1979
04-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the input luckly for me I have been using my KI throughout the game and I could match two of the three Bahro symbols from my log I think alittle jump back to the cave where they were drawn will make things a bit easier for my seeing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

P.S. found a jump pack on the roof??

nanoukmetal
04-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Did you look inside the bag for something extra ?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/yandefia/ERCANAWINDMILLANDBIGWHEELS-2.jpg

Groski1979
05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
When I clicked on it with my button it just went on my back and then I couldn't see inside, although it might be a set of rocket boosters. I haven't found a use for it yet.
I have been testing the pellets in the drop zone by warping with the book, I think I may have tested a total of nine or so that way. When I pull the lever they drop back inside and I can't find them anymore. Then because the platform was lifted to prevent a total redo from the start I have to change the scope settings every time I want to make more pellets. Even if I have already tested one or two of the bunch nothing seems to change, I've tryed various different patterns and methods trying to opperate the machine and pellet myth. Could there be something that I forgot to do in the last chamber at the rear of the plant or in the testing facility with two floors and a return journey?

nanoukmetal
05-03-2006, 07:41 PM
When you tested a pellet, it did go somewhere else down into another lower cave that is accessed through a bahro stone found in a kind of lab after a shuttle ride in futur Ahnonay. Since not all the players play this in the same order, I have to ask you... did you get there yet? Because it is from there you will be able to link (other bahro stone)(when you get there, make sure to touch the shell cloth in the "lab also called sleeping quarters)) in the lower cave to be able to see the effect of a pellet (light). I will wait for your answer before I "spoil" you too much. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Dave_McB
05-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Groski, if you are pulling the large lever on the left, you're not testing the pellets, you're dumping them. To test them, you press the large blue button to open the container, then press the smaller blue button that the open container un-covers. A pellet will then appear in the holder. Click on it and then on the linking book (not the Bahro stone (or vice versa, I forget which, it's the one that is closer to you)). When you arrive, the pellet will automatically be placed in the tester and after a moment a blue bar will rise. If the bar rises to the top of the indicator, the pellet is good. After the test, the pellet will drop into the water below. If the light produced is bright white that is another indication that the pellet is good and of what it is good for. If the light is yellow, the pellet is no good and you have to make some more.

By the way, the rock at the open end of the passageway from the pellet machine can be pushed to make a pathway so you can leave the platform down.

Hope this helps. Dave

nanoukmetal
05-04-2006, 12:43 AM
P.S. It has been a long time and after checking on a walkthrough I found that beside the pellet dispenser there is a linking book and a bahro stone.( not the same one I was talking about).

1- the bahro stone will take you to an upper cave to get the "wheels symbols used for the settings".

2- near the broken bridge in one end of a tunnel you should find a shell cloth (opposite side of broken bridge which can be fix by pushing a lump of concrete) you will use it to link back from Relto when needed.

3- the packsack is part of clothing goodies and you can get rid of it through the Relto's wardrobe.

4- the linking book beside the pellet dispenser. Get a pellet from dispenser(when button is blue only) and touch linking book (fast) and you will be linked to the testing chamber/cave.

5- For the next step, you need to finish the Ahnonay section first. It's where you will find the other bahro stone needed to finish Er'cana because it is the one that will take you to the lower cave when the pellet will fall (15 min later after been dropped from the "testing and dropping machine) when you get there (in proper time), get yourself ready in front of the partial grid "squares" have your KI ready for a picture looking at the squares and wait for the "ultra violet light flash that will be coming". It will last only a few seconds, so you have to be patient and ready at the same time.

Groski1979
05-04-2006, 12:29 PM
1- I have finished Ahnonay and retreived/located the seven journey cloths that are in levels (1-4) and 1B. The remaining stone has its own Halflife "I think" although I have been there before and do know of the gridlocking squares.

2- It's good to know about the bridge in Er'Cana Thank you.

3- Does the electricity need to be on in the pellet making room before I leave and link to the Bahro stone for my picture or do they need to be off?

4- I'm assuming that I need to link back to the testing room using the journey book to the machine where the pellets are being tested and try another drop before linking to the upper cavern.

5- If I am successful at these steps that I am uncertain about at that point can I link back to the testing chamber, climb the ladder and try to use my KI to open the gigantic door?

6- I went back and created a bridge with the rock next to journey #5.

7- Then I went and tested one more pellet from the full rack that was there from the last time that I was on that level.

8- Then went and tested it in the testing chamber I beleive to be somewhere on a mountain of Bevin or what looks like the skies of Bevin.
Such a mindful place with seemingly nothing to do.

9- So let me get this strait if I may. The testing chamber outside Bevin with the second floor possible entrance cavern/cave has the only device capable of testing the pellets for use correct? And when testing one from a full slate it drops in the water creating tiny yellow ripples followed by a larger white ring right? Now does that mean the pellet is no good, or does it mean the penetration of the pellet creates a natural yellow ripple, thus concluding that the white ring is making it good.

9a- Now does the one that you tested on that trip to the testing spot count as cleared for use in the upper Bahro cavern/cave right after it has been cleared by Avatar or is there more dropping needed?

10- I take it that once there and the solid fifteen minutes has passed that not many would want to spent the rest of there day trying to make unknown adjustments right?

11- And so lastly I was told that my KI is needed to catch the flash created from the water once in the KI spot. Is that immediatly following one accepable test on the machine tester or is there more to it that I just am missing?

nanoukmetal
05-04-2006, 03:26 PM
At minimun you need two pellets. One for testing ("not" re-useable) and one for the light in the lower cave to see the modified drawing. If you have an extremely good visual memory, you would not need to take a picture with the KI. But do not take a chance.

Unless my memory is failing me, the big door up the ladder is not used. To be able to access the lower cave (re: pellet +light+ drawing + picture) you have to go through Ahnonay first to get to the "special bahro stone that will link you to the lower cave. Do a test link when you get there and make sure to check/see everything, specially the square drawings.

Yes, you use the cloth "journey" to go back to the pellet maker/distributor if you need some more pellets and to be able to make the drop/pellet after having gone through Ahnonay.(from your Relto to the journey cloth.)

In the middle cave, the device is used to check the "charge level" of the pellet (there should be a dial to indicate the level) and also to drop it to the lower cave. The pellet will take about 10 minutes to get to the lower cave pool of water. The light will last only about 5 seconds. But you stll have much work to do b4 this. You need the Ahnonay bahro stone to be able to link inside that lower cave.

Groski1979
05-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Now that I have revised my previous message
could you Respond in accordance with the steps that I have laid out. I think that I have gotten lost in the shuffle and could use some tighting up on the subject and I have made a mistake in my revision. Could you help make me aware of where I need to be After I have received the secret message on the wall in the Bahro tavern?
All I can gather is that water tank #4 needs draining in order to enter the mountain. Will the pellet machine that I looked into give me the way of draining that tank?
Lastly does the power need to be off on that tank in the central before I make the "Bahro trip" in order for it to drain and let me in>?

Groski1979
05-04-2006, 04:48 PM
nanoukmetal I have dropped many pellets and watched the water turn white really quick and I have also traavelled to the end of Ahnonay more that once and linked to the journey stone (Bahro-type stone in Ahnonay I have not activated the watchers time piece however. The stone on the middle table of the last known message from the watcher has not left the table yet when I have touched it to travel so I could believe only one more thing about the watcher, that is that maybe he could use alittle sleep I really want him to let one of those pellets fall into the lower pool when I'm in there.

nanoukmetal
05-04-2006, 07:46 PM
In case you are not jocking, it is "you" who have to go and drop a pellet, link back to relto and use the journey cloth in the book to go back at the end of Ahnonay in the (Kadish king ) sleeping quarters, touch the bahro stone there, get in the lower cave and wait for the pellet to drop to be able to take a picture. It will take +- 10 minutes for the pellet to get there after being dropped.

Mayby you read the posts much too fast and I would suggest you read at least two times.

After you have finished with success, come back here and read the pertinent above reply posts and with the new acquired knowledge you should be able to learn some new "magic" about your own self. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Dave_McB
05-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Hehe Groski, it's clear that you've been running around and over-thinking this so I'll try to clarify things;

Q: Why do you have to make the pellets?

A: So you can drop one in the upper cave and, after a passage of about 14.5 minutes, have it land in the water in the lower cave and produce a special light that lets you see hidden lines on the wall.

Q: How do you know if the pellets are good?

A: After you have baked a batch (which also takes about 14.5 minutes), go to the large container with the large blue button. Click the blue button to open the container, click the smaller blue button to bring a pellet to the front holder, click on the pellet to put your hand on it and, click on the picture in the linking book to go to the testing room. When you arrive the pellet automatically goes into the holder of the testing machine and in a few seconds a blue bar rises in the upright part. If the bar goes all the way to the top, the pellet is good. Right after the testing is done, the pellet is dropped in the water which shows you what kind of light it produces so you will know what a good pellet produces and, if the pellet is bad, what a bad one produces.

If the pellet is good, link back to the room with the pellets, click the blue button to bring another pellet to the holder, click on it and, click on the Bahro stone to link to the upper cave where you will automatically drop the pellet. Fourteen and a half minutes later it will drop in the water in the lower cave.

All of this running around is so you can make a note of the lines around the square bumps on the wall of the lower cave. You will need it and the others later.

Hope this helps. Dave

Groski1979
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Well I have been thinking a bit too much about things at this point in the game and if I didn't know which order they needed to be discovered in then they wouldn't have gotten discovered.
Now that I have found the secret lines and old Bahro drawings on the wall I'm Stumped again without thinking that much about it.
There is still one water tank (#1) that needs draining and I don't know how to drain it any tips?
My next objective is too try and find out why I need those special lines from the cave and try and find a way into the mountain orhow to get another cloth journey any tips? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

nanoukmetal
05-05-2006, 05:55 PM
For your draining question, did you not do that b4 to get to the pellet "factory" ?

By now you should have found all the "stickers" with the numbers and you have to go to Relto and check a blue book on the right bookshelf to find out what they all mean.

Groski1979
05-05-2006, 07:41 PM
There is still one tank that needs to get drained. When you look on the screen in the control room while sitting in the chair the bottom left tank does not drain you can stop the propeller and unlock the safty hatch but you cannot drain the water. I don't know why and I havenot checked the sticker tabs from my KI collection yat to find out what it meens.
What other block-squares do I need to have in my KI in order to be all good and ready for the next step.

nanoukmetal
05-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Where did you get the idea that you still have to drain a water tank ? There is one water tank that does not drain, the other three will drained. Did you not drained these three. all at the same time.

P.S. Did you find a Relto page inside one of the drain pipe tunnel ?

Square drawings list.(edited)
0- Main image you see when you first come to Watchers sanctuary.
1- in Er'cana cave-cayon near a pool
2- lower cave re: pellets
3- first water Ahnonay at the back on the tower wall
You should have the first three by now and do not need more at this time.

4- The next one is in the next section-puzzle inside a hollow tree after ladder puzzle in the big ball room at watcher's sanctuary, up the stairs.

Dave_McB
05-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Groski, the fifth squares image (which is actually the first) you see in the imager in the middle of the Watcher's Sanctuary(sp).

Have you played the first Myst game?

Dave

Groski1979
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I wasn't that sure about the tank I just thought that I remembered someone mentioning it in the forums some time ago don;t guite remember when though.
So what I can gather about the Er'Cana level is that after Journey cloth #5 things aren't that strait forward anymore as far as number's six and seven I mean.
For some reason the only way the timer puzzle at the watch tower seems to work is when your standing in the right spot and I will need to try a few different combinations with the light and the ball to see which is the right one.
I'll have to try and resume Er'Cana for after my options have run out or there is no more sense to make out of the couple tips that you have gave me for that level and the sanctuary.

Groski1979
05-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Dear Dave and nanoukmetal,
I have three maps and have no way of entering the tree via; the long bridge. On one of my previous characters I have tried entering before it was time to in the game and after the ladder fell I was unable to climb to the top. That same character also caught a bug and couldn't finish Ahnonay from the Tram section without getting stuck, So I was forced to resign the character and start over.
Now the darn ladder won't drop after the "14.5 min. that it takes to shut the timer off what should I do? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif
P.S. I am running a NIVDIA G-FORCE 5700 video card and my audio chip is functioning properly with DirectX 9.1 so I'm not sure what I did wrong with my positioning http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

nanoukmetal
05-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi,

I would suggest you quit the game and come back to the watcher's sanctuary and do the puzzle once more.
For more details read this. I just made that post for someone else...click here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5451034/m/3981089144/r/1261040244#1261040244)

p.s. I just realized that the other someone else was you. It is called double posting and not considered very nice. If you want more help in the futur, I would suggest you be very carefull about that. If you want to add something, you should edit the first post. Do not worry too much, there is always a first time. I did the same thing when I first came here.

Groski1979
05-21-2006, 03:03 PM
I have only double posted once or twice and have not resorted to spoilers unless there is no other option for my progress; as far as responding to a double post I couldn't give you the right answer for the topic I'm sure but what if you really were able to have all the patience that I need for the rest of Er'Cana would you then be able to help me? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

P.S. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif I need to finish Er'Cana And I can't get into the mountain where the large fan is seen near the platform so9me way up the left side of the ledge.

nanoukmetal
05-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Mayby you should explore the other end of the cayon and look at something up the rails. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif