PDA

View Full Version : Resolution Help for SCDA

saunt
02-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Only a small problem compared to some that are in this forum, but my screen's native resolution is 1680 x 1050, and its not an option in the settings. Can any one help. On games such as F.E.A.R i have found solutions online, but i can't find anything for Splinter Cell Double Agent.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanx.

saunt
02-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Only a small problem compared to some that are in this forum, but my screen's native resolution is 1680 x 1050, and its not an option in the settings. Can any one help. On games such as F.E.A.R i have found solutions online, but i can't find anything for Splinter Cell Double Agent.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanx.

ltred2006
02-12-2007, 12:51 AM
I think you can edit it in the .ini files, not sure which. I'll do a search for which the files are if you want.

saunt
02-12-2007, 04:48 AM
that would be brilliant thanks. i looked through the files, and there were only .INT files. is that what u are talking about? in searched through those and the only thing i found about resolution was in the startup.int and that seemed to be about the "safe mode" resolution, which was kept at 640x480, presumably so if something goes wrong it reverts back to that. but i can't see any where the current resolution.

However, looking through the startup.int more carefully i have seen a couple of lines that say:

ResLow=Low video resolution
ResHigh=Standard video resolution

I dunno what to change or do tho!

saunt
02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
its all sorted now. this is how to do it. go to the system folder in SCDA-Offline folder where yuo installed the game. then find the file SplinterCell4 (there are several different files called SplinterCell4 but you want the one that the type is "configuration settings"). Open with notepad. Look down about a third of the file, and you'll see two lines;

FullscreenViewportX=1280
FullscreenViewportY=768

and these two numbers refer to your resolution. change these to the size u want, such as;

FullscreenViewportX=1680
FullscreenViewportY=1050

save the file, and your done.

Thanks for the help Itred2006.

ltred2006
02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saunt:
its all sorted now. this is how to do it. go to the system folder in SCDA-Offline folder where yuo installed the game. then find the file SplinterCell4 (there are several different files called SplinterCell4 but you want the one that the type is "configuration settings"). Open with notepad. Look down about a third of the file, and you'll see two lines;

FullscreenViewportX=1280
FullscreenViewportY=768

and these two numbers refer to your resolution. change these to the size u want, such as;

FullscreenViewportX=1680
FullscreenViewportY=1050

save the file, and your done.

Thanks for the help Itred2006. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, you beat me too it! Glad you could sort it out. I literally just found it and came back to post it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but glad you've got it!