PDA

View Full Version : People hated the stealthy parts in first CoJ but...

CommieRed1975
07-04-2009, 10:19 PM
I liked them as a contrast and because they fitted in with the plot of Billy being a coward at first, always running from responsibility.

I wish CoJ BiB had some stealth levels, as would give Thomas more of a use for the lasso, knives and bow.

This is my main gripe, that Techland AGAIN have failed to grasp the potential of some of their cool weapons and engine abilities. They did this in CoJ where you only needed the Bow in 2 levels.

Yeah I know they edited the Billy levels later for more bow action and less stealth, but for me that screwed up the story, making Billy a hardcore killer with the bow at the beginning and making the Calm Water level of 'boy becoming a man' redundant!

CommieRed1975
07-04-2009, 10:19 PM
I liked them as a contrast and because they fitted in with the plot of Billy being a coward at first, always running from responsibility.

I wish CoJ BiB had some stealth levels, as would give Thomas more of a use for the lasso, knives and bow.

This is my main gripe, that Techland AGAIN have failed to grasp the potential of some of their cool weapons and engine abilities. They did this in CoJ where you only needed the Bow in 2 levels.

Yeah I know they edited the Billy levels later for more bow action and less stealth, but for me that screwed up the story, making Billy a hardcore killer with the bow at the beginning and making the Calm Water level of 'boy becoming a man' redundant!

Doc.Canis
07-05-2009, 02:26 AM
I hated the billy missions in the firct CoJ and had this one been the same I wouldn't have touched it. The same is true for A LOT of other players, so I think the developers were wise to correct the flaws of the original since they can't make a living selling one game to you.

CommieRed1975
07-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah I guess. The gaming community is just for 'headshotz lolz' and attention span of a fruit fly console kidz and such. Any games which require a bit of skill and tactical thought are discarded, hence why games like Thief never sold much. A shame though, was better when we had variety in games and longevity as opposed to the quick 'get 1000 frags and go watch some prOn' of most current gamers.

Jams79
07-06-2009, 04:35 PM
I gotta say even though I loved thief, techland made the right choice - this is a western, pretty much the only western game there is - it needs to centre on the pistols.