PDA

View Full Version : Can't Complete Assassin's Creed thnx to Glitch

rimm3r
11-19-2007, 08:59 PM
On the path going towards the 9th assassination I go past the 3 archers and I fall through the floor. I die, after quite a while, respawn and there is an exact duplicate of myself running around. Fun for a while, you can even assassinate yourself. However, this stops me completing the game. If I can get close to the target I can't kill him -- and the guards don't even react to me assissinating them one by one.

I rang up customer support and told this woman about the glitch. She started laughing, and I was thinking erm yeah, i'm sure you'd laugh after spending 40 quid on this game only to find that you can't actually complete it. I'd rather have spent it on Heroin Hero and just kept on trying to catch the dragon.

This glitch is absolutely ridiculous and I find it hard to believe that none of the beta testers had this problem (assuming of course that they did beta test this ***).

I'm pissed off right now. Posting here is a bit useless, since probebly nobody will have a solution and all i'm doing is venting rage. Maybe ubi might say something? or just laugh at me again...

MiniAssasin
11-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by rimm3r:
On the path going towards the 9th assassination I go past the 3 archers and I fall through the floor. I die, after quite a while, respawn and there is an exact duplicate of myself running around. Fun for a while, you can even assassinate yourself. However, this stops me completing the game. If I can get close to the target I can't kill him -- and the guards don't even react to me assissinating them one by one.

I rang up customer support and told this woman about the glitch. She started laughing, and I was thinking erm yeah, i'm sure you'd laugh after spending 40 quid on this game only to find that you can't actually complete it. I'd rather have spent it on Heroin Hero and just kept on trying to catch the dragon.

This glitch is absolutely ridiculous and I find it hard to believe that none of the beta testers had this problem (assuming of course that they did beta test this ***).

I'm pissed off right now. Posting here is a bit useless, since probebly nobody will have a solution and all i'm doing is venting rage. Maybe ubi might say something? or just laugh at me again...

a few people have mentioend this now

shame ya missing out because that kill and..more after that is the uberness

rimm3r
11-19-2007, 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5dqkNCquDw

colt122
11-20-2007, 12:50 AM
i feel sorry for you man

but heroin hero SP FTW HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

ensangfroid
11-20-2007, 12:57 AM
That happened to me, too. At first I actually thought he was a friend Assassin tagging along to help me. :P It took me a while to realize it was a glitch.

Just keep trying until the guards actually recognize you (it takes a few times, they'll actually recognize both Altairs as threats). Then you just beat them up as if the other one wasn't there. I actually used my second Altair to slash at the guards, too. Just make sure they don't target each other, or you'll kill yourself (literally).

After that level, the glitch goes away for the rest of the game (for me, at least). Good luck.

rimm3r
11-20-2007, 01:45 AM
i've tried a few times to play on with my clone. i get a few problems. i'll list them:

a) guards dont interact with me

b) terrain doesnt load / guards dont load

c) can't assassinate the main guy (ive seen a clip of the same place, and i dont get a 'mini' cutscene to talk to the guy...

and for comical value i'll admit it. by accident, i assassinated myself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ensangfroid
11-20-2007, 02:08 AM
i've tried a few times to play on with my clone. i get a few problems. i'll list them:

a) guards dont interact with me

b) terrain doesnt load / guards dont load

c) can't assassinate the main guy (ive seen a clip of the same place, and i dont get a 'mini' cutscene to talk to the guy...

Yes, all of those things happened to me, too. I thought my console was over heating, turned it off, left it for a few hours, and then came back again. It still glitched up and made the clone, but the guards started the pay attention again, and I managed to complete the assassination (with my clone spazzing out, mimicking me in the background). It could take a few loads (exiting the "memory" and trying again). Try it on and off the horse, with a weapon drawn, without, until it comes together. (I can't be sure what I did exactly to make it "work").

Or just check your refund policy in the store you purchased it from. That would probably be less tedious. :P Though it's hard to tell if it's the game or the system, what percentage of games/consoles are affected, et cetera.

rimm3r
11-20-2007, 02:12 AM
Thanks dude. I'll keep trying. I'm not sure what to expect though, i've been trying different things for a while now.

My local is very nice to me, I think I might ask them to borrow a disk. see if that will have any change although i aint getting my hopes up. they <3 me.

Tin
11-20-2007, 03:58 AM
I had this prob, was totally pissin me off, couldn't complete the game until..... I took my xbox to my gf's, tried it again there while it was plugged into a standard def TV, worked perfectly. Before I was using an LCD monitor at 1280x1024

guineapigrodeo
11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
i was having this exact same problem, i restarted a couple times, then, after reading the glitch thread on here before they took it down, decided to unplug my 2nd player control, turned on the console, and finally plaued it through a beat the game. i was in a world of hate til then, but yeah, once i got past that foolishness, i fell back in love.

kazzoo
11-21-2007, 03:56 AM
I rang up customer support and told this woman about the glitch. She started laughing, and I was thinking erm yeah, i'm sure you'd laugh after spending 40 quid on this game only to find that you can't actually complete it.

I am pretty shocked by this, surely they should be helping you not laughing at you. Would it be possible to give me some details please? Specifically the number you called, what time and day so I can investigate this.

Thanks,
Kazz

lloyd426
12-03-2007, 10:58 AM
i bought the limited edition version of assassin's creed, not expecting anything bad to happen. but i had the same problem that everyone here has seemed to have during the ninth assassination. i mean, really, how could the programmers not notice that large of a glitch? especially the testers. they had at least four months to fix that bug. needless to say, i got rid of the game, it sucks too; that game is freaking awesome. why didn't they push the release date back? sure, it would've pissed off alot of people ( myself included ) but they could have just explained the reason why and been done with it. what they should do now is release an updated version w/o the glitch and a few more missions. but i don't think that's going to happen. btw, what's this i hear about a patch coming out for the ps3 that is supposed to fix the glitch? i could be misinformed so any information would be helpful. thanks. the most amazing part is that ubisoft hasn't released a statement about this little mishap.

PaleProphet
12-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Tin:
I had this prob, was totally pissin me off, couldn't complete the game until..... I took my xbox to my gf's, tried it again there while it was plugged into a standard def TV, worked perfectly. Before I was using an LCD monitor at 1280x1024

i've had freezing problems with TV setting before in a different game
and changing from PAL50 to PAL60 fixed it one freeze
froze again, then changing back fixed that freeze

but i'm not sure why it happened ?
games should play on any TV

FTO_dude
12-05-2007, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by guineapigrodeo:
i was having this exact same problem, i restarted a couple times, then, after reading the glitch thread on here before they took it down, decided to unplug my 2nd player control, turned on the console, and finally plaued it through a beat the game. i was in a world of hate til then, but yeah, once i got past that foolishness, i fell back in love.
i had the same problem and this fixed it. thank you SOOO much.

kingjeric
01-13-2008, 11:02 AM
The glitch really sux, and for a while I was really pissed because I had tried everything. I finally got past everyone with the duplicate and me but the game froze and I ran into one of those blue wall things when it unfroze. I tried to go back but the duplicate got hooked on a rock and so when ever I threw a knife or locked onto a guard I would zoom in on the duplicate.

Thumbz87
05-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Ok I'm having a similar problem. There's not a clone of me, but... Iv'e just assassinated Robert and I'm trying to leave Arsuf, but I can't. everytime I try to exit it says I can't access that memory. I've tried runnin around everywhere to see if I missed anything but no. Theres a rock that these 3 guards are standing on and I think Im sposed to kill them in order to advance but they wont jump down and engage me!! I've tried to catch attention but no dice...any advice for me?? Maybe I can just keep trying but if anyone is having a similar problem or an idea plz post and reply.

caswallawn_2k7
05-28-2008, 06:01 AM
the clone problem is the simplest thing in the world to fix. unplug any extra controllers in your Xbox. problem solved and probly why customer support laughed at you as this is the simplest of problems as it was some half arsed attempt at coop that went in the game.

hue03
06-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Originally, I was searching for a different glitch. During the intermission at the end of Memory Block 4 when you find out that the assassins are mounting a rescue party, I finished the dialog with Lucy, went to my room, and immediately unlocked the door using the access code. I didn't give Lucy enough time to leave the room, so she stood there while I was snooping around on the computers. Instead, I found this glitch. I laughed at the fact that you could assassinate yourself but then got worried that it might happen to me.

I did the 100 Kingdom flags and 60 Templars achievements right before the 9th assassination. If you didn't already know, the game saves every time you get a flag, except Kingdom flags. I completed the achievements but wasn't able to save, because I had already gotten all the other flags, and the only way to save now was to progress the story. If I got the glitch, I wasn't going to reset the game and lose all the flags and Templars.

I reached the 3 archers you mentioned. I assassinated them all, but at the end of the animation, I fell to my death because of the glitch. I tried running around to get rid of my clone but got screwed over again because of another glitch. The collision detection had freaked out and now I was stuck inside the mountain. It was actually cool, because I ran down to where all the people were marching. Thankfully, my clone died and everything was almost back to normal.

I had to fight my way to a save point now, but I couldn't, because my clone would target me and attack me every time I attacked the enemy. Instead, I had to use counter-kills. It was funny though - instead of zooming in on me when I counter-killed, it would zoom in on my clone.

I made it to the cut scene with King Richard and OMFG was it hilarious. My clone bumped into everybody. I would activate the cinematic glitches and walk my clone into view of the camera. The best part was when my clone assassinated one of the guards during the cut scene. I wasn't able to pull it off again after that, but at least I had one less Templar to deal with.

Eric3191
07-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey, anyone find it impossible to save the game when you reenter the memories after you have finished all the missions?

When finished all the memory blocks, you can choose any memory block to reload it. Then the memory will restart from the begining of it.

Your character's information are reserved: the flags that you've gained, the view points you've got, and the number of Templars you've killed.

If you find a new flag, the game will show saving as well, BUT when you exit the memory, you won't find the "continue" option, instead a "reload" option, which means you will not save the game anymore.

Anyone met the same problem? I do feel anxious about this.

adiwarrior
12-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Ubi will probably not come with a version to repair this glitch because some ppl find it funny and, it's easy to repair (read other posts). I also heard somewere that Assassin's creed is supposed to be the first of a trilogy. So, they'd not work on a new version but, the new games.

BlindNero
12-30-2008, 12:33 PM
That's no 'glitch', it's meant that way. AC is a linear game. Reloading a previous memory breaks that linearity.
It's pretty clear you are supposed to play the game from A to Z.
Once finished, and you want to replay with everything fresh, just start a new game.

the cookinator
08-14-2010, 10:40 AM
I must be extremely lucky because i did not encounter this glitch and im glad i didn't cause i bought assassins creed on the off chance i would like it and if that had happened i would've not bought number 2 which is amazing sorry to all those guys who cannot complete it due to the glitch

Romixx2010
09-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Man i completed AC 2 and had no such prob http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

darthZomb
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Tin:
I had this prob, was totally ****in me off, couldn't complete the game until..... I took my xbox to my gf's, tried it again there while it was plugged into a standard def TV, worked perfectly. Before I was using an LCD monitor at 1280x1024

Aydoo7
04-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Thumbz87:
Ok I'm having a similar problem. There's not a clone of me, but... Iv'e just assassinated Robert and I'm trying to leave Arsuf, but I can't. everytime I try to exit it says I can't access that memory. I've tried runnin around everywhere to see if I missed anything but no. Theres a rock that these 3 guards are standing on and I think Im sposed to kill them in order to advance but they wont jump down and engage me!! I've tried to catch attention but no dice...any advice for me?? Maybe I can just keep trying but if anyone is having a similar problem or an idea plz post and reply. THROW KNIFES STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AltiarsGlitch
06-29-2014, 01:55 AM
For some reason a lot of glitches have been happening to me. Mostly Batman: Arkhem Origins
Yes this happened to me. It was funny at first but then it was annoying. I was trying to kill guards and then I kill myself. I can't seem to get through but just keep trying.