PDA

View Full Version : MP Fixes/additions needed badly

subzero1900
02-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah, yeah patches are supposed to be coming...but to what extent...

Heres a list of what Really Kills the fun for me

1. seeing a list of 30 servers, half which are empty. Why? because (I) players can't connect to 90% of the servers withought disconnecting 2-10 times from UBI.com

2. once "connected-to-a-unconnectable-server" it takes 2-5 minutes before the thing will time out and give you the "can not connect" message further adding to the fustration, you cant press escape and go back to the lobby but have to wait for the "can not connect" message which can take a long time.

3. With ought A spectator view Its hard to find a server withought Resapwns....A major downfall for all of us who enjoyed the classic gameplay where it was "one life to Live"...it would be nice to have the developers fix something up with the current ladder view and the page up and down button, because I miss the slower pace of making each step and every bit of cover count...now its run around shoot kill...run around shoot kill...die...respawn

4. "Free for all" more like spawn kill for all...you end up dieing and then waiting for an unsuspecting victom to come around one of the selectable spawns (random spawns would be better) to spawn and shoot him as he runs past...really gets old when your tring to get away from the spawn and you and one other player just keep spawning at the same area just to see who will give in and change the spawn

5. The game is "Decent" but these 4 major flaws are really killing the game for me (considering I've completely ignored the SP portion and posted the specifics of MP problems)

subzero1900
02-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah, yeah patches are supposed to be coming...but to what extent...

Heres a list of what Really Kills the fun for me

1. seeing a list of 30 servers, half which are empty. Why? because (I) players can't connect to 90% of the servers withought disconnecting 2-10 times from UBI.com

2. once "connected-to-a-unconnectable-server" it takes 2-5 minutes before the thing will time out and give you the "can not connect" message further adding to the fustration, you cant press escape and go back to the lobby but have to wait for the "can not connect" message which can take a long time.

3. With ought A spectator view Its hard to find a server withought Resapwns....A major downfall for all of us who enjoyed the classic gameplay where it was "one life to Live"...it would be nice to have the developers fix something up with the current ladder view and the page up and down button, because I miss the slower pace of making each step and every bit of cover count...now its run around shoot kill...run around shoot kill...die...respawn

4. "Free for all" more like spawn kill for all...you end up dieing and then waiting for an unsuspecting victom to come around one of the selectable spawns (random spawns would be better) to spawn and shoot him as he runs past...really gets old when your tring to get away from the spawn and you and one other player just keep spawning at the same area just to see who will give in and change the spawn

5. The game is "Decent" but these 4 major flaws are really killing the game for me (considering I've completely ignored the SP portion and posted the specifics of MP problems)

L1L_buddha
02-20-2006, 12:29 AM
thanks for this post.

i myself am have been thinking about picking up LD for the MP play, but now I think I will hold off until these issues get resolved. I dont mind the whole respawn thing, but i think with all the bugs you just mentioned about the connection and such, i would end up turning this game into a frisbee if I had to go through all that ****.

Huddex
02-20-2006, 12:40 AM
nUBI have killed yet another game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif