PDA

View Full Version : SLOW MOTION

robman817
07-25-2006, 11:10 PM
hey guys ive been having this problem with my chaos theory for about 2 weeks now just to lazy to figure it out now after everything ive done. what happens is in multiplayer when im playing the game about 2 minutes into the game my game just freezes, then about 6 seconds later it will go but it goes reallly slow and the sound shuts off, i reinstalled the game 3 times and it still has that problem, any ideas??

my specs are 1.4 ghz processer pentium 4, 512 mb of ram, 128mb nvidia fx 5200, and windows xp with service pack 2,
remember its a little weird but the glitch just recently started happening also i just got mcafee anti virus like 2 days before this started happening, any help is appreciated thanks

I posted a video on youtube of exactly what happens, it happens at about the same time everytime i try to play

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UoMGfbUTunc

robman817
07-25-2006, 11:10 PM
hey guys ive been having this problem with my chaos theory for about 2 weeks now just to lazy to figure it out now after everything ive done. what happens is in multiplayer when im playing the game about 2 minutes into the game my game just freezes, then about 6 seconds later it will go but it goes reallly slow and the sound shuts off, i reinstalled the game 3 times and it still has that problem, any ideas??

my specs are 1.4 ghz processer pentium 4, 512 mb of ram, 128mb nvidia fx 5200, and windows xp with service pack 2,
remember its a little weird but the glitch just recently started happening also i just got mcafee anti virus like 2 days before this started happening, any help is appreciated thanks

I posted a video on youtube of exactly what happens, it happens at about the same time everytime i try to play

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UoMGfbUTunc

robman817
07-27-2006, 02:13 AM
noone knows what to do??

element54
07-29-2006, 11:55 PM
i am willing to bet that your computer specs just aren't good enough to run the game smoothly. also there are supposed issues with antivirus software causing strange issues with the game.

i would suggest turning off the antivirus and crhanking all the details down to normal as well as the resolution to 800x600 and see what that does.

robman817
07-30-2006, 12:29 PM
well i actually have better requirements than the minimum and i also turned everything down to the lowest possible but single player runs just fine and smooth and i know it requires more than multiplayer

element54
07-31-2006, 02:04 PM
did you try the slow motion fix listed here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954105331/m/8271063614)?

The fix is normally for the AMD processors but it can't hurt to try it out for your P4.

you can either download the installer or manually change the setting in the default.ini file found in the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory\Versus\System folder. you want to change the UseAlternateTimer=true to false.

robman817
07-31-2006, 05:32 PM
yep i downloaded that but it didnt work really dont know what it could be