PDA

View Full Version : will there be an option....

ironduke55
11-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Will there be an option to turn tpv off? I've read all of the complaints and defending of tpv; but do not know if there will be a "server option". Can someone "in the know" (e.g. a dev) please let us know.

Real720
11-18-2006, 08:22 AM
I fu****g hope so! I played the demo, and there were campers everywhere!

FrayedKnotJeff
11-18-2006, 08:26 AM
They had one in GRAW, I think they would in RSV.
I hope so at least.

cruz071870
11-18-2006, 08:59 AM
I've posted this before, but again, it's my feelings about a possible option to disable the tpv...

After seeing many other interviews with UBI reps around the net about Vegas, It's clear to me that the devs will probably not even consider any sort of patch, not even a simple "left-trigger lock-out".

This would be (imo) ther perfect solution:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3571084024/m/3651097005

However, the developers are extremely proud (too proud, imo) of this tpv cover-system and asking them to "patch" it, even in mp, is a slap in the face to them.

I guess it's like a chef preparing a perfectly seasoned steak and then you ask him for ketchup. Problem is, us fpv fans originally asked for chicken, not steak in the first place.

I really don't think any patches will ever be released to address the tpv, even in mp.

My only hope is that maybe in the next version, UBI might reflect back at the posts here and around the net, and get the community more involved from the beginning. After all, it is the community they are targeting.

If not, I really do hope another developer is seeing this as well, recognizing that the ct shooter is an untapped (save for UBI) gold mine, and developes a game based on the genre's strengths while improving on all weaknesses.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

www.dcruzdesigns.com (http://www.dcruzdesigns.com)

FrayedKnotJeff
11-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by cruz071870:
I've posted this before, but again, it's my feelings about a possible option to disable the tpv...

After seeing many other interviews with UBI reps around the net about Vegas, It's clear to me that the devs will probably not even consider any sort of patch, not even a simple "left-trigger lock-out".

This would be (imo) ther perfect solution:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3571084024/m/3651097005

However, the developers are extremely proud (too proud, imo) of this tpv cover-system and asking them to "patch" it, even in mp, is a slap in the face to them.

I guess it's like a chef preparing a perfectly seasoned steak and then you ask him for ketchup. Problem is, us fpv fans originally asked for chicken, not steak in the first place.

I really don't think any patches will ever be released to address the tpv, even in mp.

My only hope is that maybe in the next version, UBI might reflect back at the posts here and around the net, and get the community more involved from the beginning. After all, it is the community they are targeting.

If not, I really do hope another developer is seeing this as well, recognizing that the ct shooter is an untapped (save for UBI) gold mine, and developes a game based on the genre's strengths while improving on all weaknesses.
Well said!

Then let me say that UBI you guys did a great job. I know it took long hard hours to make this game, and it does look great to me. Your families missed you during your hard working days and you have missed out on some of your family events to get this game out.

Add a TPV disabler and I guarantee you will sale a ton of copies of the game and make all that time worth it.

Thanks again!

bigw0rm
11-18-2006, 10:27 AM
honestly I actually love the COVER MODE, but I just don't like that its in 3rd person...

If they totally disable the TPV then without lean then cover is almost pointless...

I think they could have pulled off the cover system just as good in first person or at least added that to cover ALL bases for all types of RS fans.