PDA

View Full Version : Ezio IS related to Altair...Isn't he?

Kyler45
12-25-2011, 11:08 PM
This just dawned on me, Desmond can access the Animus data of both Ezio and Altair, because he has bloodline from both of them, so that means that at some point Ezio and Altair are related...right?

During the games Ezio never once mentions or even seems to realize or recognize he is related, he always talks about him just like some random guy.

That would also mean, according to the Wiki, Desmond and Subject 16 are related, right? If they can both access Ezio's memory...Please, someone shed some light on this!

phoenix-force411
12-25-2011, 11:23 PM
I believe this is answered in a Dev com video already! No, they are not related, but their lineage does cross at a certain point! One of Desmond's parents are related to one of the ancestors while the other is related the other! This crosses the bloodlines together.

deadly_thought
12-26-2011, 12:20 AM
technically they would have to be for desmond to be related to both of them but i dont think they were directly related by blood

slightly off topic but a study last year found that 99.9% of the human race is related to each other with that in mind they wouldnt even have to be family for desmond to review their memories (i know its not real just saying)

LordWolv
12-26-2011, 03:02 AM
No; they are not related. For instance, you're related to your parents, and their parents, and their parents, etc. This is because through birth of course the DNA is passed on and created through parents; meaning that who you are is at least slightly effected by family thousands of years ago. This is a bloodline.
However, if you have a cousin that then marries someone, you're not in the bloodline to the person who married your cousin, are you?
Ezio and Altair are not related through a direct bloodline such as you would be to your parents and their parents etc, but instead through a much more indirect lineage.

Basically, no.

GLHS
12-26-2011, 05:23 AM
It's just like how Altair and Ezio are ancestors of Clay, but Clay and Desmond aren't related at all. It doesn't exactly go by bloodlines in AC.

Assassin_M
12-26-2011, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by GLHS:
It's just like how Altair and Ezio are ancestors of Clay, but Clay and Desmond aren't related at all. It doesn't exactly go by bloodlines in AC.
Im sorry but you are wrong.
Ezio is an Ancestor of clay and Desmond, thus making them distant-relatives.
BUT Altair is not an Ancestor of Clay..

AntiChrist7
12-26-2011, 06:13 AM
again this?

pacmanate
12-26-2011, 06:41 AM
All we need is Assassin_M and Sunray to shed some light

Assassin_M
12-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by pacmanate:
All we need is Assassin_M and Sunray to shed some light
His name is LightRey http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

NineteenHealer
12-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by pacmanate:
All we need is Assassin_M and Sunray to shed some light http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif lol sunray

kriegerdesgottes
12-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by GLHS:

No that actually isn't quite right. Desmond and Clay would be in some small minute way blood related or distantly related but Altair and Ezio are not. Consider your grandparents for example, your grandfather on your father's side would not be blood related to either your grandmother on your father's side or your grandfather on your mother's side. Each generation doubles the number of people you are related to. You have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents and so forth. None of these people are blood related to each other but are related to you. In the course of say 500 years, there are thousands of people that you and thousands of other people are related to through blood but they are not related to each other.

GLHS
12-26-2011, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46FRp7dIn80

This is what I really meant. I just can quote the devs very well. But I remember watching this video and he explains very clearly that it's not made from one bloodline.

As far as Clay and Desmond go: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Clay_Kaczmarek

"Following Clay's death, the Templars were left without the location of the Vault; though they had gained the knowledge that another Assassin, Alta´r, had once held a certain Piece of Eden that could help them find it. Thus, Abstergo kidnapped a descendant of Alta´r, Desmond Miles, who they labeled Subject 17."

He did lead them to Desmond because they needed a decedent of Altair. I was thinking about Altair I guess when I posted the message before lol. But I remembered that Clay could access memories, but wasn't stable enough to synch properly to the ancestor.

LordWolv
12-26-2011, 11:38 PM
SUNREY! LOL!

LightRey
12-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Who's this SunRey guy and why is he stealing my spotlight? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Anyways, Clay is at the very least related to Ezio. As for Alta´r, it's possible, but if he was he was for whatever reason unable to synch with him before he died.

E-Zekiel
12-27-2011, 06:05 PM
The guy said they're not related, but I've only seen evidence of the game indicating the possibility of them being related, with no evidence really of them not being related.

So I just kinda stick with maybe, maybe not, regardless of what the dude says, but I also don't see it as particularly important.

LightRey
12-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
The guy said they're not related, but I've only seen evidence of the game indicating the possibility of them being related, with no evidence really of them not being related.

So I just kinda stick with maybe, maybe not, regardless of what the dude says, but I also don't see it as particularly important.
They're not related. It's somewhat important they're not, because the devs want Desmond to be extra special, being the convergence point of several special bloodlines.

Anyways they're never actually said to be related. Even when one would expect a mention it is not offered (like Mario referring to Alta´r as having been "an Assassin, like us", instead of calling him an ancestor).

E-Zekiel
12-27-2011, 06:19 PM
True, it's never flat said. But it kind of "looks like it" a few times. Whereas for the other end, aside from the guy saying "They're not related", there's nothing actually IN THE GAMES that makes it "look like" they're not. I think that's kind of lazy.

Oh by the way, they're not related. But we're not gonna reinforce that with anything in the game.