PDA

View Full Version : Altairs Library POE creation

roostersrule2
09-27-2011, 05:38 PM
What if in altairs library there was something which showed you how to create a POE it would explain how there was POE number 66 when there was only 50 on the map that Altair found

Calvarok
09-27-2011, 05:41 PM
some POE's were found together, and at least one was found on the moon, actually.

rileypoole1234
09-27-2011, 05:44 PM
I was thinking that it could be one of a few things It could be full of POE's and famous artifacts from history. I also thought that it could be a passage to Eden, or where Eden could be now, but that wouldn't make any sense because It's probably not there anymore. It could also be Jupiter himself. It'll probably be more of a Revelation. A piece of information or something regarding Desmond. It'll be mind boggling whatever it is.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:45 PM
not to mention some might have been destroyed by then, or the possibility that it might not be able to detect all PoE's.

naran6142
09-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I was thinking that it could be one of a few things It could be full of POE's and famous artifacts from history. I also thought that it could be a passage to Eden, or where Eden could be now, but that wouldn't make any sense because It's probably not there anymore. It could also be Jupiter himself. It'll probably be more of a Revelation. A piece of information or something regarding Desmond. It'll be mind boggling whatever it is.

i agree with you there, its probably info and not an actual device

twenty_glyphs
09-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

i agree with you there, its probably info and not an actual device </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, this makes me think of the Vault in AC2. The Templars assumed the Vault contained a weapon, and the Assassins feared the same thing. I wonder if they would repeat that exact same theme. I kind of hope not. I think in some of the interviews a few people have mentioned that the Library holds the secret to controlling every mind on the planet. That would fit in with them saying that it contains something that would allow the Templars to defeat the Assassins once and for all. I don't think that would let the Assassins defeat the Templars, because true Assassins would never use such technology. Besides, the Assassins obviously don't defeat the Templars since they are even stronger in the 20th and 21st centuries. And it also fits in with the satellite launch plot line in the 2012 story, which we know so little about.

naran6142
09-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

i agree with you there, its probably info and not an actual device </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, this makes me think of the Vault in AC2. The Templars assumed the Vault contained a weapon, and the Assassins feared the same thing. I wonder if they would repeat that exact same theme. I kind of hope not. I think in some of the interviews a few people have mentioned that the Library holds the secret to controlling every mind on the planet. That would fit in with them saying that it contains something that would allow the Templars to defeat the Assassins once and for all. I don't think that would let the Assassins defeat the Templars, because true Assassins would never use such technology. Besides, the Assassins obviously don't defeat the Templars since they are even stronger in the 20th and 21st centuries. And it also fits in with the satellite launch plot line in the 2012 story, which we know so little about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly, if it was a device to stop the templar/assassin war then why wouldn't ezio have used to end the fighting

my guess its info that is only important to desmond and the modern day stuggle

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 04:09 AM
Well, we know that the war didn't end whatever it was. So I don't think it's a damaging weapon. Maybe it worked off of the clairvoyant abilities of Those Who Came Before? Seems like they, artifacts, temples, everything that glows, wasn't made for just people.

Personally, I kind of want it to be an AI interface that tells one how to avert the destruction coming soon. A codex from Those Who Came Before one might say. in it, they teach you how to divert the disaster.

Originally posted by LightRey:
not to mention some might have been destroyed by then, or the possibility that it might not be able to detect all PoE's.

Just as Juno said. Some have, and I think POE's can suffer from decay (a lag) and can actually be destroyed with enough power, as shown in AC: The Fall