PDA

View Full Version : Who to sink?

broncobusterppg
03-26-2005, 04:00 AM
On patrol I know that it is a given to hunt down and sink all red marks on my map. The green are neutral correct? Should I be sinking them too? Is it good, bad or neither to sink them?

Kris_Pusaka
03-26-2005, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by broncobusterppg:
On patrol I know that it is a given to hunt down and sink all red marks on my map. The green are neutral correct? Should I be sinking them too? Is it good, bad or neither to sink them? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you sink neutral or ally, it may affect your Renown, and so lessen your possibilities (in the campaign) to upgrade your sub and hire better crew.

Moshi_Rae-Won
03-26-2005, 01:35 PM
so sinking neutral ships is not good idea? **** i am always doing this :S on every patrol i met at least one of them and sink it

ChekPtCharle
03-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Well, as Kris said if you continue to sink them your renown level will drop. Renowns are same-same points that you can use to do things.

Do not kill Santa Claus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Read manual page # 7 RENOWN.

panthercules
03-26-2005, 04:39 PM
've been wondering about this as well - beyond the obvious thing about not sinking the Swedish and Norwegian freighters you see on your way out of Kiel, which are probably bringing iron and stuff to your own ports, I have also ben avoiding attacking neutrals I find on their own out on the open seas - however, I have been attacking neutrals I find in convoys with British ships, as well as neutrals I find along the British coastline, on the assumption that they're probably trading with the enemy.

In the absence of instructions from HQ, this seemed like a reasonable approach - and of course, I'm avoiding US ships anywhere at the moment, in hopes of forestalling or postponing their entry into the war.

I have noticed a lack of context-setting communiques from HQ - IIRC SH-2 had some nice touches with radio messages or briefing directives that seemed to try to tie in to the historical war situation, which erally helped with the imersion factor - so far (only 3 missions, mind you) I've really gotten none of that with SH-3 - seems a shame to go "backwards" in this fashion

FMJ-Gecko
03-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Dont know if this was how they done it in real life, but if a post an enemy convoy with neutrals within that convoy, then i treat them as the enemy, as the game highlights its an enemy convoy so neutrals are fair game if they belong to that convoy.

Sunk a few american ships this way and hey they help the British, then they have it coming!...hehe