PDA

View Full Version : PC versions

Lennart_970
03-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Right, my last post was closed down because they feared a flamewar over PC and console versions. Which was ridiculous because i didn't say that one was better.
My point was the the PC version is getting left behind. The in-game video's are just tranfered from console to PC with no attention payed to the story line.

How can I explain that better then to compare the PC and console versions? But noooooo... those threads get closed.

How about listening to them for a change?

ms-kleaneasy
03-07-2010, 01:01 PM
It was made very clear if you or anyone else had issue with the moderation on the boards to contact me in PT. I've received no such PT yet you create yet another forum post knowing that doing so is against the rules http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

However letís try to address your concern....

There's been a similar conversation over at GR.net as some in the PC community felt the PC version lacked options and features as a result of being ported from console, or because the console was the primary development platform (all their opinion not a statement of fact on my part)

Yet the console versions of previous titles included features the PC gamers wanted but for whatever reason did not receive a perfect example being the numbers able to play co-op, this was apparently only 4 on PC while console had 16 players.

Ultimately as I've said many times in the past, the community need to focus on stating what they want within the game, rather than arguing amongst themselves how they believe one platform negatively impacts another.

Such arguments (aside from being against the rules you all agreed to on signing up) won't get the attention you want, while posting what you would like in the game with clear concise points and constructively will get your feedback heard.

Lennart_970
03-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
It was made very clear if you or anyone else had issue with the moderation on the boards to contact me in PT. I've received no such PT yet you create yet another forum post knowing that doing so is against the rules http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

However letís try to address your concern....

There's been a similar conversation over at GR.net as some in the PC community felt the PC version lacked options and features as a result of being ported from console, or because the console was the primary development platform (all their opinion not a statement of fact on my part)

Yet the console versions of previous titles included features the PC gamers wanted but for whatever reason did not receive a perfect example being the numbers able to play co-op, this was apparently only 4 on PC while console had 16 players.

Ultimately as I've said many times in the past, the community need to focus on stating what they want within the game, rather than arguing amongst themselves how they believe one platform negatively impacts another.

Such arguments (aside from being against the rules you all agreed to on signing up) won't get the attention you want, while posting what you would like in the game with clear concise points and constructively will get your feedback heard.

Hmm.. very clear?

I didn't know..

For every forum you guys create new rules.. and we need to keep up?

And for the 3rd time: I'm not talking about the console here.

I'm talking about the differences and what I (!!!) thinkwas lacking in the PC version.

Then why do you immediately close the thread!? What better way is there to explain that I think the PC version is being forgotten then by comparing it with the rest!?

Now I know, as stuborn or as loyal to the ''rules'' as you guys are.. you might dissagree. But that is dealing with the problem in the wrong way!

How about listening (in this case reading) to it and just LET IT BE. See if other people agree and check on their opinion about it?
Maybe there are more people who like to discuss about this.

And if we transfer this to the console forum, they'll send us back here because it ''involves'' the PC.

So just, open my other thread again and just watch. Maybe I'm not the only one thinking about it this way.

Believe it or not, this too is a very effective way for getting to know what people do and do not like about that game. What do do, and what do do not want to see again in the next version of GR.

Future Soldier doesn't sound too good.
Trailer doesn't either.. This is not HALO or Crysis.. plz do not make it into 1.

Mr_Shade
03-07-2010, 03:40 PM
All of the forums are under the exact same set of rules. There are no special rules for certain Forums / boards

As ms-kleaneasy has already responded to your points and explained what you as a gamer need to do in order to ensure your opinion on the game is heard.

However instead of taking this advice you are insisting on arguing about a previously locked thread.

So I am asking you to do as she has asked.. and I am locking this thread.