PDA

View Full Version : Timesplitters Feedback

deded999
11-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Okay, please note that as of now no confirmed Timesplitters project is in existence. Having said that, FRD have said that a future TS game is likely (my word, but it's the general gist of it) and as this is the only forum where FRD are currently active, this is your spot for any feedback on TSFP or the previous TS games and any suggestions or ideas you'd like to see in a future TS game.

I've seen feedback in a lot of forums, specifically the TSFP forum, so I'll try to collate some replies from there and other places for inclusion as well as new feedback from posters here. FRD Neko, (Haze Project Lead) has had an excellent presence on these forums so far, and although I suspect he's unlikely to post much in this thread, he has assured us that he will be reading it, and if a future TS team want to see feedback then they'll know where to come right? knock yourself out guys...

Here's a post to kick us off, from Morpheus, Admin at PS3forums:

Timesplitters is one of my all time favorite games. As a launch title for PS2 I played the original to death. I even played it for one week straight for a few hours after school to try and beat 10,000 kills in one death match. I did it - and I took pics to prove it - and lol - the counter actually goes off the screen when you get that far. So #1 change for Timesplitters on PS3 - Make the kill counter fir on the screen for 10,000 kills and above - .

Also the AI needs sorting out. The computer opponents are a little too robotic in their actions and they also had too many movements which as players you couldn?t replicate - such as cartwheels and diving rolls. Either give players those moves - alla' FEAR or leave them out...

Improve the ragdolll physics. I'd like to see bigger and more powerful explosions which cause groups of enemies to launch from their spot with accurate physics... This imp[lies bigger badder weapons as well. (Maybe take some inspiration from Resistance).

Destructible environments. I don?t know about you guys but when I played Red Faction I was in 7th Heaven. Being able to blow up the environments including the ability to tunnel through rock with a rocket launcher was a fantastic idea and made the game infinitely more interesting and unique every time you played it. I know its a bit out of sync with the TS style but i think it would help a lot - especially with the next gen power of PS3 - I think this should easily be programmable.

The characters are what make TS such a strong and funny game to play. You can be a dinosaur a bear a robotic fish, duckman drake...the list goes on. Keep expanding on the characters and maybe have 1 custom move per character like a karate chop for the Chinese chef instead of regular punch and a bite move for the dinosaur instead of punch. Little things like that make the game a lot more fun.

Improve the bullet impact memory. If you fired at a wall in TS the bullets would holes would disappear in front of your eyes which makes the game feel dated. Nowadays with the power of ps3 and the HD i expect every single bullet hole to remain in the environment until the end of the death match.

Improve the grenade/and mine weapons. The remote mines were great fun but they could be improved so much. The same goes for grenades. Improve the throwing physics and make them a bit more powerful. Great fun in close quarter - room to room - fighting. The timed mine was absolutely useless as the time set is completely arbitrary ? possibly the hardest mine to use to kill someone with ever. Add cluster grenades and shrapnel grenades for splash damage.

Add plenty more vehicles and make them a lot more realistic. Currently the vehicles feel like toys and they are a little too easy to destroy ? so aren?t much use for gameplay.
Improve the character animation. Have at least 10 different animations for dying. For example kill a foe near a balcony and they might just cling to the side and fall over the edge...

That?s it for now. I have a whole bunch of other ideas for latter.
Please make TS4 Free Radical. We will review it on PSU.com ? I guarantee. <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/782/hazesigps3forumiiiau7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

deded999
11-25-2006, 06:54 AM
This from Redman DK from the same thread:

Timesplitters is definately, if not, my favourite game, or the second one is, I haven't tried the first one unfortunately, and Future Perfect was a little dissapointing, but it was published by EA, so there was no hope for it.

The mapmaker should definately be a lot better, I want to put trees, bushes, and even small houses in my maps, and they should also let you be able to make the floor be sand, snow or whatever you want. And they should have a lot more tiles, or just make the whole mapmaker different, but in Future Perfect they removed a lot of the TS2 tiles, so I wasn't able to make the same maps in both games, wich was irritating, since you could upload them in FP.

And the AI was just awful, they could shoot and run after you, or run after weapons, that's pretty much it. And they always took the same ways, it's like the devs had putted a railroad on the maps, that the bots ran on. The only thing I liked about the bots was that they had the special movements, I know it made it unfair to the player, but atleast it got a little more challenging, wich was needed.

The vehicles in FP was just a dissapointmen, only one multi-player map with one vehicle in... And of course it was the crappiest vehicle too. I had looked forward to drive around online in the old little truck, with a player stadning behind at the machine gun. But that never happened, the most interesting vehicle of those that were in the story mode, wasn't available online..
But the fun thing was to blow the vehicle in Siberia out of the map with mines. Especially if one of your teammates was sitting in it while you did it, and the friendlyfire was off. Then he would just keep flying up in the air, untill the vehicle dissapears and never comes back again

And they also needs to remove the lady talking to you all the time in FP, and the sidekicks talked a little too much too, so it got a little annoying. It was only Harry Tipper that was cool to listen to, and the robot "Let's go man, we gotta boogie!"

Reply from PhantoK:

I propably spent the most time playing Future Perfec of the online games I had for PS2. The games are awesome so I´m really happy to hear this. I guess this isn't such a huge surprise, but I wasn't expecting one after how Future Perfect ended.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a better map maker too. The one Future Perfect had was quite sad. I guess this opinnion comes from mapping for HL+HL2 for quite some time and the freedom the engines/tools give. So, yeah I'm hoping for a bit more freedom with the tools, but I'm not counting on it.

The vehicles definately need to improve. They were kinda boring, especially online, and you really couldn't much with them. I realyl have no doubts about them improving though. Vehicles like that just wouldn't be tolerated in next gen games so they kinda have to improve. Plus I would also have to think that the developers themselves would want to do more with them.

I like Morpheus´ idea of the characters having some sort of unique moves. That would really add to the variety and make them standout from one another.

The AI will definately improve... There shouldn't be any doubt about it. The new hardware just demands to create more intelligent enemies.

Oh, one small thing kinda bugged me about the weapons. The sniper rifles were REALLY easy to hit people with. Either I'm the luckiest person ever, I handle latency absolutely amazingly, or the sniper rifle´s (atleast the scifi one's) crosshair doesn't need to be on the enemy to hit him. It was just a little too easy to snipe people from the dam with it.

Bitbydeath:

I can't wait to see what they can do with it on nextgen. Better graphics, physics, AI, & more weapons would be awesome. They always have a ton of characters to choose from so even if they kept the same amount as they usually have then tiz all good. And they definetly have to make plenty of unlockables as per usual.

Amnoz:

Well if it isn?t Morpheus and Redman DK, it?s been a while. Good to hear from you guys again, especially on the topics that matter. It?s a shame to see that not too many people want to talk about TimeSplitters but what else is new. I?ve said it once and I will say it again, the series deserved a lot more attention then it received but maybe that will change with TS4.

On to the important topics, starting with what Morpheus said.

-10 000 kill limit: I agree with that but it would be even more sweet if you could choose any number between none and 10 000. While we?re at it, why not change the amount of time you can play for to lets say a maximum of 12 hours. Anymore then 10 000 kills and a 12 hour time limit might render someone seriously ill.

-Ragdoll physics: I agree but I don?t know what else to say, I hope they make it as realistic as possible in every imaginable environment. TS can definitely take some ideas from Resistance

Destructible Environments: Now when it comes to this topic, everyone wants some sort of destructibility in their environments. The question when it comes to the TS series is how much would be too much? I?m not sure what to say, I would like some things to be destructible but there are also other things that I wouldn?t want to be destroyed. I think all natural environments should be destructible, after making Haze I don?t think this should be a problem. When it comes to man made environments though I think the developers need to be very careful. They would totally need to rethink their level design, just think of the implications a destructible game environment would cause for game modes like virus. There would obviously be benefits to this but it can seriously do some huge harm as well. If level were fully destructible, what would happen to old TS levels like Zeppelin? Those levels wouldn?t last long now would they? Jokes aside, most natural environments should be destructible but it would probably be best that no more then half of the man made environments be destructible. That doesn?t mean they cannot be chipped away at with bullets, it just means you can only go so far until nothing changes.

This brings us to your other point, bullet memory. Just like you, I expect all bullets to remain through out a game.

Time mines = pretty much useless, even if you stick them on someone, another player can jack your kill before the mine goes off. If you can adjust the time when they go off at, that might turn out to be more useful. As for grenades, I hope they incorporate time grenades into multi-player this time and maybe we can see a splash grenade ala Resistance style. Oh yeah, put back the 2nd function in the Plasma Autorifle, shooting out plasma grenades was pretty useful and cool.

Vehicles: More variety and incorporated in more levels please. I was hoping to use both the tanks and the helicopter in the multi-player but I was left disappointed. Like Redman DK said, I thought we would at least get a mounted machine gun on the back of a buggy. Hopefully they can incorporate those into multi-player this time and a bunch of other vehicles.

I think this pretty much covers everything you said Redman except blowing up the buggy with mines in Siberia. Now that was fun but do we want that to happen in TS4? Hmm, good question.

I have a bunch of ideas going as well but I?m going to leave you guys with one tidbit. Most have you have mentioned the mapmaker and hope that it will go some serious improvement in the next game. I hope so as well but I do not want to talk about the Mapmaker at the moment. I had an idea and this is very common in other games but what about Create a Character. Like Morpheus said, TS is all about crazy characters and a great amount of them as well. Can you imagine the possibilities with this thing? I bet a lot of people would get a kick out of this. While we?re on the topic of characters, they better bring back pretty much every character that was made in the series and a whole lot more. Haha, watch them not make the game now.

Widjerd:

i love the arcade style of it. If they hauled the vehicles and some of the weapons that would be great. Turn it into an arcade version of battlefield, that would be flipping great lol

Morpheus:

I agree having fully destructible environments creates serious issues for level design, but I think done properly it would add a huge amount of extra depth. The way round it for story mode at least is not to introduce explosive weapons like the rocket launcher till later levels. I personally quite like the idea of starting out with fists, working my way up through clubs, bats, dart-blowers, bricks then onto pistols and rifles before getting the heavy duty weapons and finally the crazy sci-fi weapons near the end. Rail Driver anyone? That would be great. As I said before Red Factions two best features were destructible environments and the rail driver. Adding those to the TS series would add a ton of welcome gameplay options. <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/782/hazesigps3forumiiiau7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

cob_shaw
11-25-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm gonna link to numerous threads from the TSMB.

Link 1 - Improvements (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=33.0)

Link 2 - AI Improvements (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=2020.0)

Link 3 - Big TS4 Thread (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=2180.0)

Link 4 - Bad Parts in TS (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=2080.0)

Link 5 - TS4 Level Concepts (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=1851.0)

Link 6 - TS4 Story Ideas (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=543.0)

Xylaquin
11-25-2006, 04:18 PM
deded are you an english teacher? you could of just linked to the thread like cob_shaw!

[/cheekiness]

If they have to make a ts4 then:
[LIST] <LI>Fix the online system. Display games in the standard list type an example from the best pc multiplayer game in existence (http://xwis.net/rg/lobby1.png). Patches not just for XBox, (i would use my ps2 memory card for a patch that might even only do one thing!). Team Voice channels instead of one shared one.
<LI> Make it for PS2! Come on FRD you love that system, you were born on it!
<LI> More Tilesets, TSFP had too few, or atleast make them more varied.
<LI> Chinese shoudl return as it appeared in TS1 (although maybe with the tunnel in the cellar).
<LI> The Impersonator is a classic, and didn't appear in TS3!
<LI> Put more than one timesplitter in it! what happened in tsfp! Maybe instead of old and young crow, you could have Stephen Ellis and David Doak!
<LI> Better vehicles in multiplayer. The buggy sucked and was inpracticle if you could shoot out it that would have been better. Had to be a bit harsh there.
<LI> If there is a forum for the game, could you mention thanks to us! For example, us at ts3.net hinted that it'd be great if you added us to the credits http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2995/basementanimatedes0.gif (http://www.basementgfx.com)
When TS3.net closed, a lot of members moved to another forum ran by one of the Mods.

deded999
11-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Huh? I can barely speak English. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I can understand you wanting it to appear on PS2, but bearing in mind a likely launch date of 2008+, is that really realistic? Besides, updates take space and 'limiting' it to PS2 specs would mean any improvements would be very limited. I'd much rather see a PS3/360/PC release that took full advantage of next-gen possibilities such as HD graphics, better AI, HDD space, etc than have the possibilities limited by aiming for old 8 year old tech.

The TSFP lobby could certainly do with some improvements, especially in light of the current benchmarks, but overall I thought it was pretty good in general. Of course any great changes in TS, (which you would hope for), would necessitate plenty of changes in the online setup anyway. Personally some of the improvements I'd like to see is a greater variety in MP levels, an improved Mapmaker, (one of the best and most original aspects to TS), as many of the weapons (and characters) seen in previous TS games as possible and perhaps more variation (in gameplay terms) between characters, so choice of character (can, but not necessarily does, as with the option for character abilities) affects gameplay more.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

fazz04
11-25-2006, 08:49 PM
- Map Maker must be more in-depth

- More modes like a Team Elimination (2-4 teams, team that loses all its members is out of the game)

- Create a Character would be awesome. Then you could build that characters "Abilities Stats", (strength, speed, stamina, accuracy, what ever else), by participating in matches. To build on certain abilities like accuracy for example, you would have to receive a high accuracy percentage at the end of a match. With speed, u have to run a lot during a game, meaning campers would b really slow and easy targets.

- A jet pack<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Cortez: Its Time To Sh!#
Anya: You mean split...
Cortez: I know what i said, hold out your hands Anya, i need to extract some "Time Crystals" from my "Portal".

AzurezA
11-26-2006, 12:38 AM
A must for future Timesplitters games is improved AI. Playing with bots is fun and all, but they're far too limited in what they do--heck, they even exhibit the "flinching" reaction that's associated with single-player AI (i.e. if you shoot them, they will "flinch" and thus cannot return fire).

Ragdoll physics would be nice, but I don't really care--both TS2 and TS3 used scripted death animation, but no one really complained (Ragdoll physics doesn't add much from a gameplay standpoint anyways).

There's much to be desired from the mapmaker, but I know how hard it is to design a map maker for a game so I'll cut Free Radical some slack in this department. Heck, just having the feature is worthy of praise. It'd be cool to be able to design "outdoor" levels, like the map editor for Pariah (A horrible game, by the way).

Team support for Elimination and Bag tag (which was, ironically, available for Timesplitters, but then taken out for Timesplitters 2 and FP).

The online "lobby" has to be improved--heck, TS: FP didn't even have a "lobby", to be precise.

The vehicle support in the multiplayer department of TS: FP was, to put it bluntly, ****. The buggy was useless seeing as how you can only transport one of your teammates with you (Heck, an opposing character can jump in and sit right next to you, and you couldn't do anything about it! What the heck?!). Either add more multiplayer vehicle support in the future TS, or at least allow the second player to shoot out (Of course, if this is the case, make sure only your own teammates can jump onto the buggy--either that, or use a system like Halo 2 where you can "hijack" the vehicle).

I understand this sound more like a critique rather than "feedback", so I'll at least say this:
Loved the humour in TS: FP http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif!

Xylaquin
11-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah deded, if it is to come out make it come out for pc! Then I could mod it to include stuff from the previous timesplitters aswell!

<LI>Also in elimination can we watch other players when we die instead of just looking at our dead body<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2995/basementanimatedes0.gif (http://www.basementgfx.com)
When TS3.net closed, a lot of members moved to another forum ran by one of the Mods.

frd_neko
11-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by cob_shaw:
I'm gonna link to numerous threads from the TSMB.

Link 1 - Improvements (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=33.0)

Link 2 - AI Improvements (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=2020.0)

Link 3 - Big TS4 Thread (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=2180.0)

Link 4 - Bad Parts in TS (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=2080.0)

Link 5 - TS4 Level Concepts (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=1851.0)

Link 6 - TS4 Story Ideas (http://forums.tsmusicbox.com/index.php?topic=543.0)

Heh, I think my favourite quote out of that lot is the one talking about all the very-nearly-the-same-except-with-different-colours soldier characters in TS2, where the guy says 'There were actually only around 100 characters. O_O

Some interesting stuff though, some good ideas and some very fair points about the good and bad bits of the three TS games so far. The same goes for this thread too - to be honest I never really realised people might've given it so much thought but it's nice to read about.

Keep 'em coming folks, as I've said before there's no guarantees of any of it making it into a future TS release but there's a better chance if you post your suggestions/comments than if you don't! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Neko.

Korath36
11-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Well I'am just hoping for a more indepth map editor. It would be great if you could add a lot more triggers so the player can design very good story maps for two player. (ex. a soccer map where if object A gets into area B you win but if it gets into area A you lose, sadly this would not work for T3 or most of my ideas.....) Also more tiles and tile sets would be very nice. Add everything from the old times splitters and add more. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Salotus/banner46.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/Salotus/Edgewalker-1.jpg

Rc_guy24
12-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Ive played Timesplitters Future perfect a couple of weeks ago for the first time (Just once for about 10 minutes) just because everybody says Timesplitters is one of the best games theyve played and would rather see a new one come out then haze but after playing 10 minutes I just didnt like it and just couldnt stand the game I started to fall asleep.. i dont know its just Im more into realistic shooters with good graphics and the story line didnt interest me much.. thats my opinion.. I feel like some people are going to be out to kill me with this one.

deded999
12-04-2006, 03:33 AM
Well fair enough mate, not everyone can like the same thing. TS is definetly not realistic, although I think the graphics still stand up well considering it's a two-year old multi-platfrom game. Respec' for posting though - personally I'd recommend you try it again on MP with a couple of mates before you kick it to the kerb though. That's where the real juice is... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

cob_shaw
12-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Heh, I think thats the first time that someones ever said they didn't like TS. But still it is your opinion. I'd give it another chance though, 10 minutes isn't long to play a game for. Believe me, I (think I) got TS2 with my PlayStation 2, and for several months I never even looked at it. Then, after exhausting all of my other games, I picked TS2 up, shrugged and gave it a go. I got hooked. Showed all of my mates; they all brought it. They showed their mates... and so it goes on.

Anyways, give the TS game another chance and like Deded says, play multiplayer with some mates.

Rc_guy24
12-07-2006, 06:33 PM
I guess Ill give it another go this weekend.

Amnoz.
12-08-2006, 02:56 PM
TimeSplitters 4

I?m a big fan of the series, I have taken the time to write feedback on previous games and give ideas for the new game. I hope someone from Free Radical takes this seriously because these aren?t just my opinions but the opinions of many other TS fans, hardcore and casual gamers. I don?t expect to see this game anytime soon, heck I expect to see Haze 2 and other games before this one. It would be nice to see the game by 2012 though because I don?t want to wait another generation to play this game. Plus by that time Free Radical will probably be able to make the best possible TimeSplitters game for both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3. I will begin by talking about story mode.

Story Mode

How do you make a TimeSplitters game without TimeSplitters?

You don?t.

If they all supposably were erased from history, then you have to find a hole within the story or create something new that will change everything. What I want to address though is what possessed Crow to do what he did and here my story begins.

The reason Crow went nuts is because when he was young, maybe even a young teenager, something drastically changed his life. When he was sleeping one night, his body was infected by a TimeSplitter worm (think of a short stubby worm that is white and has a reaper splitters face at the front or something similar) that came from space. (Something like this happened in a terrible movie called Starship Troupers 2, maybe they could make fun of that). The worm should also infect him by either going down the throat, making the scene over the top gross or it should go up his rear and he would enjoy it too much. The Splitter then takes control of him and would have to learn to adjust to human society. He would make Crow act like he is very out of place saying very inappropriate things and doing very questionable things as well.

On to the important part though, this worm is actually a part of something called a Super Splitter. I?m not exactly sure how it?s part of it though, it can maybe be their tongue therefor creating an Aliens joke. It could be something in their intestines or it might be some other unmentionable object. . . Either way, it?s what makes Super Splitters unique. If a Super Splitter dies, this worm thing detaches itself from the body and finds another TimeSplitter. When it finds that TimeSplitter, it will invade its body, therefor turning it into a Super Splitter over a little course of time. When it affects Crow though, it doesn?t change him into a Super Splitter because he isn?t a TimeSplitter. Instead it simply gains control of him and it tries to figure out how to become a TimeSplitter again using human technology. It then finds a way to turn humans into Berserker Splitters but it cannot infect their bodies to become a Super Splitter because they are not natural TimeSplitters. In the machine wars time frame it finally figures it out. Using computer technology and advanced bioengineering, it turns Crow into a Robo-Splitter. The true purpose behind this monestrous creation was to feed the worm splitter. It would slowly feed of the energies, chemicals and w/e else that Crow, the robo-splitter created within itself. Eventually it would turn into a Super Splitter again without having to possess a natural TimeSplitter body. This brings us to the end of Future Perfect, when Cortez defeats the robot splitter formally known as Crow.

When the whole place was destroyed, the robot-splitter body was completely destroyed. The main part of its body was still intact. Even though the body was useless, the sworm = splitter worm(just thought of it) kept feeding. Over time it eventually becomes a Super Splitter and it tares it way out of the robot splitter cacoon.

Before I go, what is a Supper Splitter? Well my take on it is that it?s a extremely superior TimeSplitter that posses all the characteristics of past as well as new splitters and then some.

It?s huge, 8 feet in height and it might posses a long tail that has a big splitter like tooth at the end. It would be used to drain life forms of their energy so that it may become more powerful. I cant explain it?s face, just imagine it being something that shouts out timesplitter but a lot more intense. At the end of its arms it posses hands kinda like the Scourge Splitter but it also has a long retractable claw that it can eject from the top of its wrist at will. Think Wolverine but one claw, a lot longer and more curved. You die instantly if your ever touched by one of these and they are also the source of its lightning attacks. Unlike regular splitters though, its lightning attacks actually move like lightning. The only way to avoid the hit is being able to predict the attack by its body movements. The fact that has hands means that it can operate tools, guns and whatever else. They are also extremely intelligent, as I?m sure you are aware after the whole explanation of what happened. Cant think of anything else to describe.

Onwards, it knows it cant take on a whole human race so it devises a plan to slowly transform humans into splitters until there are enough to take over the whole world. I?m not exactly sure how it does this, secret lab and gets scientists to help it out maybe. Insert TimeSplitter humour, they don?t realize that its not human though because it walks around in a brown trench coat but you can clearly tell it?s a TimeSplitter. It?s eight feet tall for fricks sakes but humans in these games aren?t that bright. It?s either that or the Super Splitter has another ability that it picked up after being stuck in a human for so long. When it jabs its tail into a life form, it can turn into that life form therefor it can go around undedicated. This would also create some interesting ideas later on in the story. It might do that to Corporal Heart therefor tricking Cortez into doing something stupid. Another possibility for why it got this ability is because when the crystals were blown up, a small shard actually survived and landed into the Super Splitter. Giving it more abilities and such. Once it gathers its army, the invasion of earth begins. Another thing I forgot to mention, it also creates another human TimeSplitter that resembles the scourge splitter. It is therefor more intelligent and it can manipulate weapons.

Cortez would obviously be aware of something not being right before this happens. At the beginning of the story mode he might just be asked to check some strange things out. These things would be little indications of the splitters coming back but you wouldn?t know this until it?s explained further on in the story. This way you can look back and be like, oh......! Then eventually at the end of one level he encounters a TimeSplitter. Chaos then begins as he tries to figure it out how this happened with Tanya and whoever else. Then a bunch of things happen and back to the invasion we go. As the Super Splitter is invading Earth, it becomes aware that a larger fragment of time crystal has been discovered. It could have been another piece that survived the explosion or it was found else where. This gives the Super Splitter hope of redoing what it did in the past back on its home world. What did it do and what is this home world you speak of?

It?s true, the TimeSplitters are actually from another planet. Yeah I know, in TS2 they were aliens from another planet, but they are actually human monsters according to TSFP but according to TS4, they were aliens before that. I know, silly but it?s kinda funny like that. They are aliens, oh I guess not, oh no wait, they?re aliens again. It makes sense though, how the hell could they perfect time travel in so little time if they were created from humans. They couldn?t, it makes more sense if the art of time travel was perfected by a beings that have been around for a while, maybe even a billion years. This creates distance troubles though, how did the worm reach Earth? I?ll leave this up to Free Rad, I?m guessing it time travelled some how.

Why did it leave its home world? Well it was kinda destroyed, by that Supper Splitter actually. I?m not sure how the Splitter world worked, this is up for big debate. I?m going to say the world was split into 2 continents, maybe four, maybe eight or even 10. Dunno. On each continent though there would be ONE Super Splitter ruling over it. All the continents had a bunch of time crystals but one day a very pure form of time crystal was discovered. One that had so much energy or whatever, that allowed TimeSplitters to travel greater distances backwards and forwards in time. It?s possible that there was one per continent and there was a huge war between splitters over it. The reason being that each Super Splitter had something different in mind for the super crystal. In the end, the Super Splitter that we are all so familiar with ended up getting it. Note: that the super splitter is a more advanced super splitter in the Cortez time due to the time crystal imbedded in it. Its desire was to travel back to the beginning of time or the opposite. It screwed something up though and the result was its world being destroyed or being erased from existence some how. Free Radical can draw inspirations from many places with this such as what happened in the DC universe with Crisis of the Infinite Worlds. They could always come up with their own ideas, I guess. Heh, but yeah, this part of the idea is also up for a lot of debate. The Super Splitter managed to some how be the sole survivor of it?s planet and some how it?s body was destroyed but the sworm thing managed to survive. Then it came to Earth and there you go! Now you know what happened.

Back to the Super Splitter though, it finds the time crystal but it?s not enough to go back in time with, well it wasn?t back in the day. The Super Splitter uses it?s brain and figures out a way to increase the energy in the time crystal allowing it to travel back in time. It does this by sticking the Time Crystal into it?s body and then it absorbs a heck load of energy through its tail some how. Then comes to cool part, it cuts through time using its claws!!! The off it goes but Cortez has no idea were it went. He also has to deal with a war on Earth and bla bla bla. In a draw of luck though, one last piece of time crystal was located. They infiltrate the Super Splitters former hide out, look at its plans on how to use only one shard to time travel, they modify the plans and off they go. The time travelling aspect of the story is back. He then has to go back in time, find out where he went and all of this other stuff. Then discovers that there was a TimeSplitter planet and yada yada. Then a bunch of other stuff happens and then the Super Splitter creates a time portal for the splitter planets splitters to go to earth and cause even more trouble. The TimeSplitters you saw in TS2 are the ones you see on this planet and then some more that weren?t shown in TS2 because they decided to chill on the planet. The Super Splitter would also let the human made splitters go to the splitter planet. My English is starting to break hardcore, I cant believe I?m writing this.

The humans have no hope of winning the war by force so Cortez needs to travel back in time, needs to discover the Super Splitters origin and stop it from ever invading Crows body. In fact, the humans lose the war because the Super Splitter decides to place even more time crystals into its body. It then becomes a super super splitter and the war ends very quickly. Cortez is thus the last or one of the last humans, along with Corporal Heart who he manages to save somehow, Anya and whoever else. A bunch of the story goes by and they reach the end. Cortez needs to fight the Super Splitter that tracked him down this time, in a final show down but he cant do it by himself. The super splitter is way to powerful. He goes back in time 16 times, so he has 16 Cortez? helping him out. This should be an extremely difficult boss fight, inhuman on the hardest difficulty. It shouldn?t just be a shoot this boss for a long time until it dies boss. It should involve a lot of strategy and time shifting. The Super Splitter moves super fast so the only way to survive without being cut in have would be throwing a **** load of time grenades. This wouldn?t slow it down like other opponents though, it would just make it move at a normal/manageable speed. The by doing a bunch of other stuff with the 16 Cortez? you finally kill the thing. You still need to go stomp on the thing before it reaches crow though but once you do.

The End. Forever

What I wrote up there might be grade A cheese but isn?t that what TimeSplitters is all about? I think so.

Speaking of cheese though, that would make a fantastic character for the new TimeSplitters game. Think about it, a body that is dressed up like a chef but the head is just a big triangle shaped piece of cheese. It would be kind of making fun of Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill games. Then when you select the guy as a character he would take out a block of cheese and he would say "Would you like some cheese........?!" Then he would start cutting the block of cheese.

As for what you said Deded, I only agree with half of what you said. I think TimeSplitters need to have a larger presence in this game because well, the game is about them. It?s also very fun when you?re fighting them in story mode and they just make the experience more memorable when they show up. Example: The Robot Factory in TS2; When you kill the Machinist on hard and then the TimeSplitters show up when you have like less than an inch of health left. That was an exhilarating and satisfying experience. Just stuff like in the first level of TSFP when TimeSplitters start climbing down the walls and the guy says "They are coming out of the god damn walls!" that was very funny. Free Rad needs to do a lot more of this.

I was very disappointed with the fact that I barely fought any TimeSplitters in TSFP. I thought that was lame and they were also fairly easy to kill even on hard. That?s another thing Free Rad should do, make the TimeSplitters a lot harder to kill, well depending on the TimeSplitters.

I agree with you when you said that it should continue to be a B Movie cheesy sci fi story. TimeSplitters is all about going back to different time periods and a variety of distinguished locations. This should still happen if not more. It does need to have a story though because that?s what makes a game memorable and we want that. We will always remember TimeSplitters for it?s multi-player but for it to truly be a FANtastic series, we have to remember it for its story as well. It can be a prime A cheesy story but as long as it is fun, challenging and memorable, that?s all that counts. They need to expand upon its charm as well, Future Perfect was pretty funny. They need to keep that same wacky sense of humour and they should keep taking funny catch phrases from movies. In this regard, Free Radical please do what I?m about to say. Watch the movie Commando if you haven?t already, that movie is packed with hilarious Arnold lines.

Examples: "If you want your daughter to live, you're going to cooperate right?" "Wrong! (Shoots the guy in the head)" Just replace daughter with Anya, Hart or whoever else, that scene made me piss myself laughing.

-"we?re not going to make it!" "Yes, we are."

"Where did you learn how to use that thing" (chick shot a rocket launcher) "I read the instructions!"

"that's not the most important thing in your life right now, gravity is! (Holds guy by one leg over a cliff)

Cortez is pretty big, almost Arnold size so it shouldn?t be a problem to make him do Arnold things "Get Down!!!!" Cortez also kinda reminds me off The Rock, maybe make him do a Rock Bottom or something.

I think Free Radical should try to explain many of the loop holes in the story that were created in TS2 and TSFP. I don?t remember what they all are but before I play the next TS game, I?m playing the other games stories all over again. This way I will know if they missed out on anything. I?m not saying they should explain everything, there are just some things that cant or shouldn?t be explained in TS2. That game was all about going back in time to find crystals, that?s it, for the most part.

I?m going to breakdown TS4s story mode into certain details.

Starting with difficulty levels.

Easy
Medium
Hard:
Splitter Slayer (Temporary Name?): This difficulty should be unlocked once you beat the story on hard. It should be more challenging then hard was on TS2.

The locations to which they should travel too in no particular order. I?m just naming a bunch of random possibilities, don?t hesitate to help out. I for one hope that the story will be much longer, at least twice as long. Is four times larger pushing it?

-Their Present Time
-Splitter Planet
-Splitter Space Station
-Space Port
-Jungle Environment (Earth or Alien planet)
-Utopia (The one from TSFP or a new one)
-Haunted Mansion/Laboratory or something else that might include zombies. The one in TSFP was very well done. RS2 or 4 city style maybe.
-An ancient civilization level, Incas, Aztecs, Egypt or Ancient Rome or Greece (aztec and Egypt have already been done)
-Some type or war level, religious or modern
-Castle level with knights and stuff, not Scotland the brave stuff even though that was cool too
-Planet X
-Cloud City
-Another Machine War Level (Maybe before the robot factory with the Machinists father or after? I want Gretel MK 2, 3 or 4, the Gretel from TS is fine too, not the oen from TSFP. R1-10 or R1-11 too.
- Russian/Siberian level
- Mob level
-Cathedral level
-NeoTokyo
-Volcano lair/Fire level (Austin Powers steez)
-Western level
-Farm Level(Small village level)
-Power Plant
-Docks
-Laboratory
-Secret organization, major corporation, U_Genix steeze.
-Area 51,2,3,4
-VR Level done right
-Facility
-Better Compound
-Better Bunker
-Caverns
-Lab
-University
-Small Moon (That you run all the way around, this would be super cool, Prey styles.)
-Amusement Park
-Fun house
-Gravity Level (Prey Style)
-Night Level

Assistant character that should return from all three games (If I missed anyone you like, then tell me to add them) These are possible characters that will help Cortez out, the more stars I put beside a person, the more important I think they are to the possible story. Four stars max.

-Corp Hart ****
-Ilsa Nadir **
-Gregor Lenko **
-Jake Fenton *
-Lady Jane *
-Viola **
-Mr. Underwood **
-Hank Nova **
-Candi Skyler **
-Ghost ***
-Chasity ***
-Elijah Jones **
-Ramona Sosa **
- Harry tipper ****
-Kitten Celeste ****
-Captain Ash ***
-Jungle Queen ***
-Gretel MK II, III, IV ****
-R1-10, R1-11 ****
-Sebastian Photon ***
-Angel Perez ***
-Peekaboo Jones **
-Jo-Beth Casey ***
-Amy Chen **
-Anya ****

It would be nice if they introduced new characters as well, like they have in all the previous games.

Another important part of the story are the splitters themselves. I was super upset with the fact that there was only one type of Splitter in TSFP. That was my biggest peeve about the story and one of the biggest ones I had about the game in general.

TimeSplitters

1)Reaper Splitter (Characteristics: Is invisible the majority of the time and attacks from a distance using lightning attacks. It will get in close once in a while and will cut Cortez with its arms causing massive damage. Medium to hard kill.)

2)Scourge Splitter (Characteristics: Attacks from a medium to far distance using futuristic weapons. It?s a SCOURGE splitter so it should be able to create and throw purple fireballs at Cortez that will light him on fire, causing medium damage till he dies. It cant go invisible, it?s intelligent and it?s a moderate kill)

3)Drone Splitter (More common, does all the splitters dirty work, likes getting in close, can use weapons but prefers to use fists. Moderate Kill)

4)Baby Drone (Characteristics: Worthless and easy to kill)

5)Berserker Splitter (Characteristics: The name should say it all, they love getting up in your face and causing massive damage with their spiky fists as well as lightning attacks. Unlike in TSFP, they never stop attacking, they are relentless and hard to kill)

6) "A human made Scourge Splitter" Unknown name (Characteristics: Attacks from a near to medium distance using powerful weapons. Very intelligent. Medium kill.)

7) Time Assassin Splitter (Maybe?)A splitter with ripped Time Assassin clothes and a sword, what more can you ask for?

8 Speed Splitter: (Characteristics: Tall and fast. They get close up and deal massive damage but they are easy to kill.)

9)Psi Splitter (Characteristics: They have telekinetic powers, it?s like they have a grave glove. They levitate objects then throw them at you and they also shoot out powerful psi attacks. They might have force field around them but once you get pat that, they are an easy kill)

10)Super Splitter (Characteristics: 8 feet tall, super powerful and fast. Extremely hard to kill. They can teleport, go invisible, shoot fast lightning attacks, fire ball attacks, psi attacks, they can levitate objects then throw them at you, long claw on each arm that kills instantly and a tail that drains you of energy. When they die a sworm splitter comes out that tries to invade another splitters body thus turning them into Super Splitters. If you find them they are super easy to kill. Just step on them.

11)Wall Splitters: (Characteristics: They stick to the walls and just attack you with electric attacks. Medium kill)

12)Jumper Splitters: (Characteristics: They jump around a lot while throwing fire balls at you. They might also try to jump on you and they are a medium kill)

13)Robot Splitters (Characteristics: the name says it all, they are mechanized splitters. Hard to kill and do severe damage but they move slow. They shoot out very powerful electric balls.

14Zombie Splitter: Zombie modified into a human. Very messed up creature. Hard to kill and shoots out electric attacks.

15)Spider Splitters: Four legs and they shoot out electric webs that they try to wrap you in.

16)Slither Splitter: These are huge snake like creatures, replace their head with a Reaper Splitters head. 16 to 60 feet in length. They own you! They move underground but they can swim too. They shoot out a Godzilla like beam that destroys everything or they just eat you.

17)Splitter Monkey: The name says it all.

Gadgets (Both For Story Mode and Multi-Player)

Grave Glove: More powerful this time, if you focus it on a person for long enough, you can toss them into something. That is if they don?t kill you first. You can use them to stop a rocket launcher missile that is coming at you if you focus on them long enough too. Possibly even a barrage of bullets and then fling them back?

Portal Glove: It?s another glove that you use to create portals ala Half Life Portal style. This would add to the complexity and fun of the game.
Jet/Hover Pack: You fly.

Grappling Hook: A small add on to the grave glove, you would kind of use it like Spider-Man uses his webs.

Infra Red Goggles: Lets put those things on Cortez? face to use.

Gameplay Mechanics (Should be pretty much stay the same but I think a few things should change)

1)You should be able to dual-wield two different types of guns.
2)You should be able to store two different types of grenades, a different grenade for each hand.
3)You should be able to put your back to a wall. You should also be able to shoot blind shots around a corner or over a crate (In First Person View)
4)When you climb up something like a ladder, you should be able to turn around if you?re not climbing and take out your guns. Hop down if you like or turn around again and keep climbing.
5)If you are holding guns, you should be able to jump if you are standing still. You should be able to climb up things like crates or walls if possible, it?s annoying when you cannot. If you are not holding any guns, you should be able to run and jump. This way it is harder for people who are shooting at you to hit you or this way you can jump over gaps and stuff like that. Their should be a jump metre though so that people don?t start jumping all over the place constantly if they don?t have guns. (In First Person View)
6)You should be able to lay down, it will make it easier to snipe, hide and stuff like that. I don?t care that much if this feature isn?t included but it would be cool.
7)Lets us do somersaults, they?re fun or for the sake of being different, cartwheels.

GRAVITY: You should be able to switch gravity in story mode and in levels too, like in Prey. This would make the game more fun and challenging.

Boss Battles

I really enjoyed the fact that there was pretty much at least one boss battle per level. This time since the levels are going to be bigger, I expect that they make sure there is about two boss battles for each level. Free Radical did a good job with this in TSFP but they could obviously do a lot better and this is how.

1)They need to be creative, not just how they look but how you kill them as well. Not every boss should go down just by shooting at it with whatever gun you have. Their should be certain guns that are more effective on bosses then others. They did do this with some of the bosses but the difference between how effective certain guns were to others was very minimal. You should have to damage certain areas of a boss and then once you do that you damage others in another way. The robot-splitter crow is an example of this but it should be done a lot better. In at least half the cases, conventional weapons probably shouldn?t work on bosses. In this respect, Free Rad did a pretty good job with the tank boss in Scotland The Brave. Boss battles should be a lot more creative though then just what guns to use. They should involve techniques such as luring a boss into a trap, using external objects to damage the boss, distracting it long enough so that something can damage it and so forth. I?ll even give an example using the Goliath robot just so you guys will have a better image of what I am talking about.

Example

Conventional weapons and grenades(plasma especially) shouldn?t have an effect on something of that size. Instead, outside objects should have been used to damage it such as energy barrels. You would have to find these energy barrels, use your grave glove on them and then chuck them into the head of the robot. They would not explode though by just chucking them at the robot. You would have to take out your Plasma Autorifle, then you would have to try and shoot the barrel right when it reaches the head of the robot. This would make it explode therefor damaging the robot. If you miss though, the barrel just falls to ground, explodes, does nothing and is rendered useless to you. Now that?s a boss battle. (Hopefully the grave glove will be the primary way to kill a couple bosses next time. It would be nice if this wicked gadget had a bigger purpose)

2)They should be challenging, I think the example given above is a good one. Boss battles should last a lot longer then half a minute. I?m thinking about at least four minutes.

3)They should be memorable, like most of the story and I think creativity goes well with this. Another way to make boss battles more memorable is by putting meaning behind the boss battle. It shouldn?t just be a "boss battle" that is just thrown into a level, it should have consequences on the story and such. Like when Jo-Beth was being lowered to Princess but again, you were like ****, I don?t want her to die. It should be done a lot better then this though and they should produce stronger emotions within the character such as fear.

4.They should be fun.

I have one big request when it comes to boss battles. Bring back Dear Haunter in a Zombie level, that was by far the best boss in TSFP. If you do maybe their should be more then one Dear Haunter you have to face at a time. When it busts through a wall though it should yell out "the moose is loose!" like when you select it in multi-player. Then another one should do the exact same thing in another area, that would bring a smile to my face for sure. Just make sure we cant hide in the wall it busted through because that kind of ruined that boss battle.

Co-Op Story Mode

At least two player story mode co-op but four player co-op story mode would be ideal. Hopefully it will be pretty much the exact same experience as one player story mode except it should obviously be more difficult.

Multi-player

The best multi-player FPS franchise ever created but that doesn?t mean it cant be any better because it can. Starting with bots and human players.

Human Players and Bots

-Four player split screen is a must come back, it?s what makes multi-player the bomb. If possible, give the PS3 the option of up to seven human players.

-Bots need to comeback, they need to be a lot more intelligent and they should still have their special moves. Give us six star bots this time and with all this, the bots are sure to be a lot more challenging to play against. Depending on the level, there should be at most 39 bots per level with the addition of one human player. If there are four human players, then 36 bots per level.

Games Modes That Need to Come Back

1)Deathmatch
2)Team Deathmatch
3)Capture the Bag: Let there be four bases again, it?s so much fun and no other FPS game has done it. It can work well no matter what level you apply this too, just put an option for rules that forces a team to capture each bag from a different a certain amount of times. Example: in order for red team to win, they need to capture the blue bag 3 times, yellow bag three times and green bag threes times. It would make things work a lot better. If possible, maybe allow us to customize how many we need to capture a bag from each base so example: get blue bag 4 times, yellow bag three times and green bag two times.
4)Bag Tag
5)Elimination
6)Shrink
7)Vampire
Thief
9)Flame Tag
10)Virus
11)Regeneration
12)Leach
13)Zones
14)Gladiator
15)Assault
16)Escort
17)Monkey Assistant

New Games Modes

1)Team Elimination (We are all dying for this one to appear in the franchise)

2)Growth: The more people you kill the fatter you get therefor the easier you are to hit.

3)Vengeance: This would be an option for elimination. Once people lose all their lives they become ghost players and they can do two things. They can find a player that they don?t want to win and posses their body. What happens next depends on the developers. You will either slow down the characters movements and you will get a third person view of the character you possessed until he dies. You still live though and then you go find the person again if you want. It?s either this or you get to have equal control of the character the person is using therefor making it difficult for them to control the character. The best part is that they cant kill you, bullets will just go right through you. If they find the ghost gun though, that will kill you and take you out of the game.

4)Hunter: It?s a game mode in which you have to kill every character in the level a certain amount of times to win. Example: The first one to win the game is the person who kills everyone five times. If possible, maybe you can set it so that every character needs to be killed a different amount of times.

5)Dunno but other new modes should be created

The way I see is that Hunter, Shrink, Growth, Vampire, Thief, Regeneration and Leach are all different ways to play Deathmatch. This is why I think they should be options within Deathmatch because it makes things more organized and it just makes more sense. My main reason for this though is that they should do the same thing for Team Deathmatch so that you can play Team Thief and so forth. That would be the best and this would mean that they wouldn?t have to make over twenty different options in the game mode selection screen.

TS1 Levels That Should Come Back (I?m only putting down the ones worth mentioning)

1)Graveyard: It was good in TS1 but I?m not sure it would make a great level by itself now. It would be better if a cemetery was just an area in a zombie level. It could be the backyard of a haunted mansion, now that would be cool.

2)Planet X: If any TS1 level should have come back, besides Chinese of course, it should have been Planet X. It was soo much fun and it?s such a classic level. A lot of improvements could be made to it as well, it has potential to be a very good next gen level with better weapons and vehicles. A lot more caves and bridges should be made, it should look tech, like a colony. It would suit the Alien Moxars just fine.

3)Mall: Another Mall level should be made both nothing like the one in TS1, oh the possibilities. All the destructible things, all the chaos, on more then one floor, I can see it now.

4)Docks: Another level that has a lot of potential, this level shouldn?t necesairly be remade either. A different docks level that is more focussed on the docks aspect would be wicked. Water vehicles could possibly be a first this way.

Top Two TS1 Levels

1.Planet X
2.Mall

TS2 Levels That Should Come Back. (This will be determined through a star system, out of five. The more stars a level has, the better it is and the more we want it to return in TS4.

1)Mexican Mission *** (It?s time to move on to better things)

2)Ice Station **** (This way a very good level but I doubt it will come back. If it doesn?t, take some ideas from this level and implement it into another snow level like Siberia.

3)Hospital **** (This one was another great level and it should have come back in TSFP. Again, I doubt the return of this level but another Hospital level should be made that has similarities to this one.

4)Training Ground ***** (Good call on bringing this one back, you guys should do it again. If you do, make it bigger of course and make a mirror image of the level. Meaning create two paths to the other side of the level and have a waterfall or something on both sides. Then you will have a big middle section so then you can throw something creative inbetween the two paths. Don?t make the mistake of not adding an all terrain vehicle if you bring it back.)

5)Aztec ** (Good job on not bringing this one back)

6)Scrapyard *** (It would have been better if EVERYTHING was accessible in this level)

7)Nightclub ** (Next)

Hangar **** (This one was a very fun level that would have been welcome to come back. It?s even big enough to allow some sweet vehicles. Next gen this baby if it comes back, this was the best four star level.)

9)Robot Factory *** (Good but could have been A LOT better, it had potential.)

10)Ufopia *** (This one wasn?t bad either but meh)

11)Chinese ***** (You guys nailed another 5 star level, bring it back please. SO much fun especially for Virus. It is next gen so obviously this level needs a lot more additions such as being able to climb up places but still keep it small.)

12)Chasm *** (The design was neat and it was a fun level to play in depending on the mode. A bunch of paths going over a chasm would be fun to see again but maybe it should be implemented in another next gen level. This level should stay with TS2.

13)Streets ***** (Honestly, what were you guys thinking? This level should have been included in TSFP instead of Mexican Mission. This was arguably the best level in TS2, it was extremely fun to play in, no matter what the mode. It was especially good for CTF and this one should come back in TS4 revamped. When YOU DO bring it back, double the size of the street and make it longer. If not longer in opposite directions maybe circle the street so that you create, in a sense, a never ending street. Make more buildings that we can go into to, it would make the game more tactical for capture the bag. Add a futuristic tank and buggies, this is a street level after all.

14)Compound * (You guys wanted to make us feel that beating the game on medium difficulty is worthless.)

15)Site ** (Man, as if we got this piece of **** for beating the game on hard.)

Top Four TS2 Levels

1.Streets
2.Chinese
3.Training Ground
4.Hangar

TSFP Levels That Should Come Back

1)Vietnam **** (this one was a close five, it?s an amazing level but it just misses some things that I think make a Vietnam level, well, a Vietnam level. The planes that bombed were a nice addition but they should have been a lot more frequent. I only died by those planes once, plus it would make it feel more like vietnam. I wouldn?t mind if you brought this level back if you made some additions to it but maybe you should just do another war level from scratch.)

2)Hotel *** (This was barely passable for a haunted mansion like level. If the design was anything like the one found in story mode, then that would have been great. Examples: Bloody kitchen, a bunch of creepy rooms, chandelier room that kinda looks Resident Evil styles, a lounge with a huge fire place with a dear hanging in the middle and a wicked front lawn. It should also have a back lawn, it would be cool if it was a foggy cemetery as was suggested before. Just do your typical haunted mansion but give it the works next time around. The level layout could have been a lot better too. Try again though, we need a typical zombie multi-player level. Oh yeah, maybe add a sewer or something for the Sewer Zombie.)

3)Venice *** (it was hard to decide wether I should have given this level a three or a four. It was a really good level but something about it doesn?t scream four stars. It was a very interesting design all in all, it captured Venice in a different way but at the same time, I think some important features were missed. Fights should have maybe been more focussed around water. It was an overall good level but it should stay with TSFP.)
4)Temple *** (The same thing goes for the Temple, I was debating wether I should give it four stars. Again, a very interesting design and level layout but again, it feels like something is missing. It gave me the temple vibe but at the same time it didn?t. It could have possibly used some more memorable spots. The main reason for its three stars though is that there were certain parts of the level that are not used at all. Spawn points should have been placed better, this oen should stay with TSFP too.)

5)Disco **** (This level was very well done. There is actually no real reason for it not to get five stars except for the fact that the colour red might be just a little to dominant. The real reason I gave it a four though is because this level is screaming to stay on TSFP only. It was used as a sweet background for the credits and that alone makes me think it shouldn?t leave Future Perfect. I cant really give any other good reasons why it shouldn?t come back again, it was a fun level. It?s just I think maybe you guys should try making another music level that is less Disco orientated like a fancy bar. Lets try rock n roll or rap, I can see Cortez busting out some other moves now.

6)Subway ***** (Arguably the best level in the game. This level is great for every game mode and I cant point out anything bad about it. The best part is, that it left itself open for improvements. In a certain part of this level there is a gate that prevents you from going down another hallway. This could always be opened up in TS4 to introduce another few areas such as more subway tracks. I?m thinking it would be great if the other part of the level just simply mirrored the part that is available to us now. A cool addition would be if we could actually go inside of one of the subway trains. They could stop once in a while, then you go inside to get the best gun or something like that. If you?re still in it when it starts off again, then you die. I guess it could always be an abandoned cart on the new side of the level. This level must come back)

7)Zeppelin **** (A very good large level that manages to keep the action centred for the most part in each area. A very cool idea for a level and it was done very well for the most part. The bottom part of the level should probably get a redesign if it gets brought back and I think it should. There isn?t any action down there for the most part so if something could be done to address that, well that would be sweet. The level could possibly use a few more fans so that there would be more air battles, those are always fun.

Mars Prison ***** (Marvellous, absolutely marvellous. That?s all that can be said about this medium sized level. That?s actually a lie but this level should still definitely come back. It?s great for every game, it can make things challenging and it?s great for assault too. I would have to say the best assault level yet. Speaking of assault, this is the only time we can access other areas of the level. I?m not a fan of that, I think those parts of the level should be incorporated in every game mode next time with the addition of new areas just to balance things out. When it comes back on TS4, futuristic flying vehicles should be added to add another degree of fun to the level. Vehicles used to patrol prisoners. Speaking of prisoners, I would like to see a lot more prison cells since this is a prison.)

9)Siberia ***** (The best wide open level ever made in TimeSplitters and the first one to incorporate vehicle use. In that respect, it?s the only area that really needs improvement. Add more vehicles to this level when you guys bring it back. Like two buggies, a tank and the Blackhawk Helicopter that we saw in TS2. That would make this level perfect. Oh yeah, I?m not sure how many people would agree with this but the damn is the main attraction in this level in a sense. With that said, I think another part of the level should be made more memorable. Remember were the max damage is placed? I think that little hut should be transformed into something bigger and more interesting. Replace it with the big Ice Station building, just kidding. Well kinda, maybe turn it into something that would remind us of the Ice Station. The damn should also have Turrets like the one in TS2 did. If this happens, then a turret should also be placed at all four of the bases that go inside the mountain. If possible, maybe the ice should break randomly at certain spots from time to time, making the level a hazard when you least expect it. This is a must come back level, especially if these additions are made.

10)Bunker * (This is the biggest piece of **** I have ever stepped foot in. Pretty much everything sucks about it, try making a better bunker level next time.
11)VR * (This level felt like it was just thrown in there, I don?t mind it but a lot of people hate it, possibly even more then the bunker. This was a pretty darn terrible virtual reality level and what?s the deal with creating quite a bit of different areas in assault? Those areas would have probably been more fun to play in then the ones we had to put up with in the other game modes. I think you guys should have another go at a Virtual Reality level because they?re cool and fun, when they?re done right.

12)Spaceport **** (A solid four star level, it?s a fresh and fun. I don?t have this problem but quite a few people find it difficult to navigate the level. The problem I have with this level is that it?s all pretty much hallways. The only thing that stands out about it is the outside area with the hovering spaceship. If there were possibly more areas like this but different, then maybe some people wouldn?t find it hard to navigate. If you could board the spaceship and fire at people, then that would be even better.

Top Four TSFP Levels

1.Subway
2.Mars Prison
3.Siberia
4.Zeppelin

New Levels

-Space/Star/Splitter Ship
_Splitter Planet
_Splitter Space Station
_Space Port
_Jungle Environment (Earth or Alien planet)
_Utopia (The one from TSFPs story mode or a new one) It should be a lot more pretty looking and it should pay more tribute to the complexity of water with a bunch of cool things like fountains, water tunnels etc. . . If it?s a new one, it should be a Atlantis style were you see the clear ocean above you.
-Battleship/Cruise ship
_New Haunted Mansion/Laboratory or something else that might include zombies. I have already given tips on making a new one.
_An ancient civilization level, Incas, Aztecs, Egypt or Ancient Rome or Greece (Aztec and Egypt have already been done)
_Some type or war level, religious or modern
_Castle level with knights and stuff, not Scotland the brave stuff even though that was cool too
_Cloud City
_Another Machine War Level (Maybe before the robot factory with the Machinists father or after?)
_ Mob level
_Cathedral level
_NeoTokyo
_Volcano lair/Fire level (Austin Powers steez)
_Western level
_Farm Level(Small village level)
_Power Plant
_Docks
_Laboratory
_Secret organization, major corporation, U_Genix steeze.
_Area 51,2,3,4
_VR Level done right
-Facility
-Better Compound
-Better Bunker
-Caverns
-Lab
-University
-Small Moon (That you run all the way around, this would be super cool, Prey styles.)
-Amusement Park
-Fun house
-Gravity Level (Prey Style)
-Night Level
-A level that pays tribute to Golden Eye
-A level that pays tribute to Perfect Dark-A level that pays tribute to both
-A level that pays tribute to both?

Weapons From All 3 Games That Should Come Back

-Baseball Bat (We need blood to drip from this thing after beating people to death with it. It should also break after a while, forcing you to get a new one. If it breaks, you should be able to throw the handle at someone for minimal damage.)
-Fire Extinguisher (Used to blind people and smack them over the top of the head with.)
-Brick (No improvements needed)
-Silenced Pistol x2 (Fine the way it is)
-Lugar Pistol x2 (Fine the way it is)
-LX-18 x2 (Awesome new pistol, good design and everything. These are keepers.)
-Revolver x2 (If you can have a double machine gun then you can have double revolvers. Cowboys did it in the movies and it was so cool..... you did it right with TS2)
-Sci-Fi Handgun x2
-Injector x2 (With a single it should take around ten seconds to kill someone. With a double, more like five seconds.)
-Crossbow (With flammable tips like before and maybe the addition of poison (The gradual reduction of health that cannot be stopped by water))
-Harpoon Gun (cool weapon but it?s missing one thing that would truly make it a harpoon gun. What?s that? A rope. The second function should be a rope tied to a harpoon. When you shoot it at someone, the harpoon gets stuck of course and then they cant run away from you. Then you can just pelt them with more harpoons if you like, without them getting too far away from you. You should also be able to shoot the other side of the rope(that part that is attached to the gun) in the ground or a wall. This way you?re not forced to hold them back. This would be an interesting feature to implement into story mode.)
-Vintage Rifle
-Sniper Rifle
-Sci-Fi Sniper Rifle
-Mag Charger (It?s a great gun, just maybe change the piercing screen. Infra red means that you will see people as red figures so maybe do that and change the background so that its more white/grey.)

Amnoz.
12-08-2006, 03:00 PM
-Laser Gun (New Name Needed) (It?s a gun that needs to come back. I crapped myself, twice, when it was nowhere to be found in TSFP. If it comes back, the design needs to change but I wouldn?t mind if certain aspects of the old design like the energy tube were kept. It would remind me of the good old days with the Laser Gun while bringing a whole new experience in TS4. It should work pretty much like the one in TS2 but if Free Rad comes up with some ideas that will make it better, then I?m all for it too. The basics of the gun are, the more you charge the gun, the stronger the laser shot will be. This will be shown on a gauge of course and it should be a very powerful weapon when it is charged to the max. I think a very interesting idea would be to give this gun a gauge that is similar to that of the Plasma Autorifle with one big exception. At the top of the gauge you would have a red zone, if you reach it and release your shot, it will be very deadly. If you go to far though the laser gun should backfire and blast a hole right through the person using it which would leave the person dead. This would be a gun of the vets, it should take time to master but when you do, it will be worth it. The Red Zone should also be very small, one_fifth of an inch? If you hit the red zone maybe it will work like a Rail Gun? I?m not sure if I will like that but I?m just throwing it out there. Oh yeah, second function ahh.... I?m not sure, the shield again?
-Flame Thrower (Make it like the one in Resistance, the second function being a ball of fire which spreads out like a Molotov ****tail, Please.)
-Electro Tool (Make the second function more usable, the shots were just to weak to even bother using them. Make it look like electricity is jumping from one part of the body to another if someone is getting hit by this gun.)
-Ghost Gun (Digging the design and its ability to steal health. Give it a second function, dunno what though, maybe sacrificing your health to kill the person faster? Just an idea.)
-Blunderbuss (Hahahaha, come on! Bring it back as a joke.)
-Shotgun (Great job with this weapon, it should stay as a single weapon)
-Tactical 12 Gauge (With the return of the double shot second function)
-Assault Shotgun (This one needs to come back, they look so devastating and they just own everything. This is another gun that needs to make a come back and only Free Rad can make it happen)
-Dispersion Gun (My personal fav, a cool futuristic version of a shotgun)
-Uzi x2 (Come on................. There weren?t any machine pistols in the last two TimeSplitters games. Without them you don?t really have every single type of realistic weapon and that?s just lame for you guys. Bing them back, please.)
-Soviet S47 (AK-47) (Oh come on, these are the sweetest assault rifles period. Make them less accurate but more powerful. Make it so we can only hold one this time and the second function should be a grenade launcher again. It should do more damage when you pistol whip someone because the butt is made out of wood)
-M16 (If the soviet is in, then this one needs to be in too. You always see fights between the two guns, it would be cool to experience this in TimeSplitters. Make them more accurate but less powerful then the AK-47. Pistol whips should also do less damage because they are made out of plastic. Second Function, grenade launcher as well.)
-Soviet Rifle (Great version of the rifle, fun to use and effective. Bring it back and don?t change it)
-Tommy Gun x2 (Let us be gangsta again, they?re such a classic weapon)
-Machine Gun x2 (Fine the way they are)
-K-SMG x2 (Don?t get rid of these. They?re innovative and fun to use.)
-Plasma Autorifle (You guys nailed the design in TSFP, looks so cool and works so well. It would be nice if you brought back the second function from TS2. You know, a plasma grenade launcher)
-SBP90 Machine Gun x2 and SBP500 (I doubt these awesome machine guns are coming back for some reason no matter what I say. The reason being, I think you guys will integrate the design of both machine guns to create an even sweeter sub machine gun. That?s kind what you did from TS2 to TSFP. It better still have that computerised scope and it better spit out bullets faster then anything else. The looked cool but it felt under powered in TSFP, if you can only hold one of these, they should do an EXTREME amount of damage compared to double machine guns.
-Monkey Gun (great idea for a gun but the idea itself is all wrong. First of all, give it another design, dont steal the Mag Chargers design, that?s cheap. Turn it into a monkeys head that you kinda just stick your hand in or something. Then instead of shooting bullets maybe it should spit out small balls that magically transform into monkeys. Then those monkeys chase after your opponent and jump on them. From there they should do one of two things. They should either maul/beat the character to death or self destruct. The sweet things is, the opponent can kill them before they reach him.
-MiniGun (The design was awesome in TSFP but again, it felt underpowered. This thing should be the most powerful conventional bullet weapon, you should be able to mow down people with it. The second function to warm up it up should return again, it?s a good idea.)
-Flare Gun x2 (FLAWLESS! Fantastic design, well done, do us all a favour by bringing these back)
-Grenade Launcher (Bring it back and change the look. It should also be able to support every single grenade in the game. By changing functions you would be changing the type of grenade you would be launching)
-Rocket Launcher (Quite a few changes need to be made to the rocket launchers. First of all, the rocket launcher in TSFP was cool but needs to be more powerful. If a bot doesn?t die from a direct hit from this thing, even if it?s a 5 star bot and it has armour, then there is a problem. Rectify this problem please, a rocket launcher is supposed to be appealing to use and this one was kinda meh. It shouldn?t be called a rocket launcher either, change the name to a Mini Rocket Launcher. It makes more sense since it shoots out mini rockets. The homing launcher in TSFP was the biggest sack of **** I have ever handled. You guys more or less hit the design but you couldn?t hit **** all with this thing. I could stand in front of a character that is not moving, shoot directly at them and the rocket would still circle them/never hit them. It wasn?t that bad all the time but it happened. This means that you guys need to seriously rework the homing aspect of the launcher, if it circles a person twice and doesn?t hit them. Then it should just dig itself into the ground super close to them so that it at least does damage. To make the rockets home on a target should also be the second function of this weapon. The first function should obviously be a non homing rocket. The rockets this thing shoots out need to be A LOT more powerful, it felt almost as weak as the mini rocket launcher. This thing should make a big explosion, bigger then a grenade or anything else. The explosion should at least cover a buggy. When the rockets shoot out, they need to move a lot faster like in TS2. You could almost run as fast as them at the beginning which brings me to another point. For better accuracy maybe force players to crouch down and shoot? Just an idea, like regular rocket launchers though, make a huge flame come out of the back of the weapon when it launches a rocket. This effect not only makes the rocket launcher look more appealing, it makes it look more devastating too. If you do this, then you will make rocket launchers fun to use again.
-Proximity Mine (mines shouldn?t disappear)
-Remote Mine (mines shouldn?t disappear)
-Timed Mines (let us decide in how much time these things go off in)
-TNT (Bring it back and make it more explosive. They should make bigger explosions then grenades do and you should also be able to decide in how much time these things go off in too)
-Grenades (Add a little more weight to them)
-Plasma Grenades (Their has never been a problem with these things. Great the way they are.)
-Time Grenade (If you use it in story mode, you should also be able to use it in multi-player mode. I was really disappointed when I didn?t get to use this sweet grenade in TSFPs multi-player. It shouldn?t be complicated to implement it either. Bring it back but let us use it in multi-player this time around.)

New Weapons

1)TS2 Cover Gun: It?s a real slap in the face when you see a wicked cool big *** gun on the cover of a game but the gun itself, isn?t actually in the game. Its even worse when the team doesn?t add the gun into the next game, especially when you asked nicely so many times. Well I?m not ASKING anymore, I?M TELLING you guys to put this gun in TS4! A lot have fans have asked for a BFG like weapon in the TS series and the gun on the cover of TS2 is it! Give it a ridiculous name that tops BFG, makes fun of it or whatever. Call it something like the SBFP (Super Big ****ing Gun) or FSUG (****s Splitters Up Gun). The gun needs to stay true to its original design for the most part. The nozzle should be exactly the same and the gun should be a silverish blue colour.

Its primary function would be a concentrated energy blast that dissipates after four feet. The range of the shot may not be far but if it hits someone, it send them flying twenty feet. Yeah, make it something ridiculous like twenty feet! This would obviously pretty much equal death.

The second function would be the gun shooting out a small star. This star should move super slow, it shouldn?t go faster then a characters max speed. Once it hits something though, well think of it as a mix between what the BFG did in the DOOM movie and a plasma grenade. It would make one nasty big but concentrated explosion.

It could even have a third function which would be a time grenade launcher. It would make sense since this gun should be powered by time crystals. At least one gun in TS4 should use time crystals as an energy source and it might as well be this one.

2)Shrapnel Grenade: It should be very similar to the one in Resistance except it shouldn?t shoot spikes strait out in every direction. Instead they should explode in a way that a cyclone spins, like a whirl pool spins or whatever. One more grenade is needed for multi-player use and this is it.

3)Katana: Self explanatory; everyone wants a sword that they can use two cut characters limbs off and bodies in half. Think how cool it would be to use these things in Chinese! Come on, please. The second function should be throwing the sword at someone therefor skewering them. This would be an automatic death if it gets the character in the body, if only in a limb, then it should only do quite a bit of damage. If it doesn?t kill the character, they should be able to pull it out of there body. We should also be able to double these for intense ninja monkey fighting action. A bat can only bring so much joy.

4)New Rocket Launcher: That?s right, you guys should make one more, just so that there is a little more variety in this area. Two things you can do, you can make one that goes the way of the Reaper in Perfect Dark, meaning a video controlled missile launcher. The next idea I saw in a movie with I forget who, maybe Arnold again. No matter, the bad guys were using a futuristic Rocket Launcher that had a scope that allowed them to see people through walls, like the Mag Charger. Like the Mag Charger, the blue energy balls fazed through walls but exploded when they hit the ground. Not sure if it would make more sense for the energy balls to only explode when they hit people, it?s up to you guys. If possible, maybe integrate these two features into one rocket launcher? Nah, that?s too crazy right?

5)Plasma/Electro Sword: Yeah, we need two swords and obviously this one should be more powerful. Not only should you be able to easily cut through opponents, you should also be able to cut through vehicles. Like the Katana, the second function should be throwing the sword at someone therefor skewering them. No matter were it hits though, it should equal an automatic death. It should be harder to hit someone though because these things would be a lot heavier. Unlike the katana, you would not be able to double wield these because of their size and slicing capability.

6)Plasma Sniper Rifle: A new Sniper Rifle wouldn?t be a bad idea. It should have a infrared scope and it should shoot out concentrated plasma shots or some other type of ammunition. It would be made for more dark and concentrated levels. As Redman suggested, it should create a super loud noise that everyone in the level will be aware off, this will create fear and will make characters want to hide for cover. When you get a head shot, the characters head should explode as well, this would create a nasty sense of satisfaction.

7)Plasma Shotgun: The dispersion gun is a cool futuristic shotgun but maybe you guys should make another futuristic shotgun in addition to it. One that is a little heavier but at the same time packs more of a punch. One that would use plasma bullets since a shotgun has never been made to use that type of ammunition before.

8)Splitter Sub Machine Gun: You guys haven?t really made a FUTURE futuristic machine gun yet. The SBP-500 is something I can see being made in the near future. Make another Sub Machine Gun like this but at the same time make another one that actually feels like it?s from the far future. I was thinking of something more along the lines of a needler. How knows, maybe its ammunition might even bee super sharp fragments of Time Crystal? Hmm? Hopefully this gets done because the TimeSplitters don?t really have a weapon they can call their own. They should, they mastered time travel so they should be able to master the art of super deadly machine guns.

9)Plasma Revolver: I think the series is set with handguns and pistols but here is an idea if you guys want to make another one. It should be a futuristic revolver (Space Cowboys anyone?) That shoots out plasma bullets.

10)DFA: Death From Above: A shuttle in outer space that shoots a one hit kill laser beam but it takes a while to fire.

10)Molotov ****tails: As if you guys never got around to adding these things, they would be a nice alternative to grenades. Plus, it would be so sweet to see many people burn with shards of hot glass imbedded in their skin.

12) XM8: These are the new automatic rifles that the U.S Military are using. I don?t think I have ever seen a FPS use these guns yet, so maybe you guys should be the first. They?re supposably the best automatic rifles out there today. EDIT: Turns out they were cancelled in late 2005, put them in anyways.

13)Other note worthy guns that would make a nice addition to the TimeSplitters series are the MP7, Steyr AUG and the FAMAS. They?re cool looking weapons that would pack a punch.

First six weapons I believe are the more important ones to incorporate into TS4. It would be great if the other ones could make the cut as well.

Gadgets: Already mentioned above, you should be able to use all gadgets in multi-player.

Vehicles (Used In Story Mode and Multi-Player)

1)Two Man Buggy with a mounted machine gun
2)Four Man All Terrain Vehicle with two mounted machine guns or a Turret
3)Motorcycle with side gatling guns.
4)Futuristic Hovercycle with a laser gun a rocket launcher.
5)Black Hawk Helicopter(TS2 Dam Boss) with dual gatling guns and dual rocket launchers
6)Futuristic Helicopter/Vehicle with dual laser machine guns and rocket launchers
7)Old Soviet Tank with two passengers max. One missile launching barrel and a gatling gun.
8)Futuristic Tank with four passengers max. Dual missile launching barrels, with dual laser guns and two plasma turrets.

Characters

Every character that appears in TS3s and TS4s story should be selectable multi-player characters. The same thing goes for the characters that appear in the arcade leagues and challenges sections of both games. From there you guys should gather information about what characters people want back and what new characters people have in min such as Cheese Man. I think you guys shouldn?t make more then 100 characters. This way you can focus on more detailed character models and better character voices. I doubt this will happen for some reason but I think it would make it easier for you guys to invest in a new idea, at least in the FPS domain. This idea is . . .

Create a Character

This way people can create their own characters and add to the wackiness of TimeSplitters. All you have to do is take all the previous character models and make them available for people to mix them up with other parts of characters. I can only imagine all the ridiculous possibilities and it would add a lot of value to the game. This is why I don?t think over 100 characters should be made because what would be the point of more? It?s not like everyone is going to want to play as a majority of the selectable characters because they can always make their own dream TS character. If you do things this way, I think you will save on a lot more space/time and you will bring better cards to the table. I could always be wrong.

MapMaker

The makmaker in Future Perfect was better then the one in TS2 in some aspects but in others it wasn?t. The one in TS4 should be better then both hands down but in order for it to be, you guys need to prioritize certain elements of the mapmaker. Starting with the most important elements of the mapamker.
1)NO LAG: No matter how big the levels get. This was a big problem in TS2 and surprisingly, it was even worse in TSFP. I made levels that were so big that they were virtually unplayable in multi-player with bots and a friend. This pissed me off quite a bit since I put in a lot of effort into something I could not even play. This is the main thing you guys should worry about.

2)Memory: This was something that the mapmaker in TS2 was a lot better for then the one in TSFP. A lot of times I found that I needed to cut down on tiles and objects because I quickly ran out of space. Try to give us more memory this time around because people don?t want their dream levels to be compromised.

3)Inside/Outside Tiles: There was quite a variety of tiles in both previous mapmakers but I?m sure people would appreciate more variety. Before you do that though, make sure we have at least five different styles of level tiles. The five most important ones I find are. . .

1)Ancient (Not necessarily Egyptian maybe invent one that is a cross between Egyptian, Aztec, Inca, Greece and Rome)
2)Horror
3)Military
4)Lab
5)Splitter Space Station/Planet
6) Virtual Reality (These tiles should be transparent meaning make them clear, not black. The colouring should be equal between, green, red, blue, black and white.)

Every tile should be decently detailed and once that is done, then you can focus on creating a variety of different tiles. If possible, make one huge unique tile like you did in TS2, those just added more charm to a level.

Give us more options with how we can interact with the tiles while making an outside level. There were certain things with placing tiles that just didn?t work the way you want them too. Make tiles that are just more outside oriented but can work inside as well. Make tiles that have small buildings/huts or whatever, it would just make it easier to make outside levels in some respects. Make it easier to build buildings and such outside. I used up all my memory just making a big sweet looking building and all I could do is walk around it because I didn?t have any more space to put more tiles. It was pretty lame.

4)Objects: We had a good variety of objects in Future Perfects mapmaker. More or less every object that was available should come back but some of them need to be improved on. Here is the list.

1)Like multi-player, let us add up to 12 different weapons and gadgets in a level.
2)Add the other two power ups
3)One more teleport, an orange one this time.
4)Add four different capture the bag and bagtag bags. Let us have six zones instead of just four.
5)Objects: Fix up the turrets big time. Give us single barrel and double barrel turrets in level styles, like the ones in TS2 and the VR tile set. Let us shoot bullets and rockets or whatever else in the double barrel turrets. Update the ammo in each turret, with the bullet turrets, let us shoot lasers like the ones that come out of the Sci-Fi handgun as well. Add new grenades and rockets to the explosive turret. Exotic should have more then electricity, such as fire, napalm and pressurised water. Give us different switches and computer screens that force us to do a puzzle or something (Interesting idea for story aspect of mapmaker). The auto turrets should be placable on the ground, ceiling and walls.
6)Movable Objects: Give at least two more different types
7)All vehicles that are found in the game should be available but certain ones can only be used if you meet certain space requirements such as outside air and terrain space.
8)Change radio controlled pets to something like Challenge objects. In this you would find remote controlled cats, cardboard shoot outs and so forth
9)Give us two more keys, orange and aqua like the last teleports
10)Features: A lot of them are real good in certain tile sets but other in different tile sets suck ***. Its hard to say what some of the things are therefor make some features more recognizable and useful. Stick with six different features.
11)Add two different types of doors and windows for each tile style. Let us also put windows on the ground or ceiling.

5)Story A.I and Triggers: This feature needs more work all around. It needs more options and the options need to be tweaked.

6)General Options: Everything is pretty much fine the way it is. The only place that could use updates is the sky and weather settings in map settings. Give us more sky varieties and more weather variety such as blizzards. The weather should also affect the environment, make snow stay on the tiles, their should be pools of water and so forth.

That pretty much covers MapMaker. To be honest, I?m just happy that it?s in there, no other FPS shooter has this option, well that I?m aware off. It would be nice if you could make these tweeks an additions though.

-Four person split screen
-The addition of bots while you?re waiting for more people to join your game so that the experience is not compromised. Then when a player joins a bot gets kicked out if the limit is reached and vice versa.
-Clans
-Headset enabled
-Everything that was mentioned in the multi-player section should be available online as well.

I?m not sure of what else to say at the moment, IF ANYONE HAS ANYMORE IDEAS PLEASE DON?T HESITATE TO ADD ON.

Arcade League

Amateur
Honorary
Elite
Splitacular

In each league their should be four sections and in each section, their should be four different games. Minimum.

Challenges

Try to shoot for at least eight different sections but at most twelve. In each section, their should be four different challenges. Minimum.
For Both Arcade League and Challenges, the four obtainable awards should stay bronze, silver, gold and platinum. The necessary score for platinum should still remain hidden. The difficulty to get each one should look like this. . .

1)Platinum: Super Difficult
2)Gold: Hard
3)Silver: Moderately Difficult
4)Bronze: Easy

By obtaining all gold in a league you should unlock a level. The same thing goes for when you get gold in every single challenge. By completing each challenge though, you should still unlock something. This time it should be more then playable characters such as create a character skins, mapmaker objects or tiles, cheats etc. . .

Player Progress

Not much needs to be changed. This screen should stay organized the way it is but make the screen a little more detailed and slick.

Statistics

It should stay the same and at the moment, I cannot think of any new statistics

Arcade Awards

It should stay the same and at the moment, I cannot think of any new awards.

Gallery

Each character should have a little description as before when you click on them. This time though, if you click on them again, a voice should read the text.
Everything below this is presented well except how much of the game you have completed. This time you should only have 100% if you unlock EVERYTHING. That means if there is still two more characters to unlock in co-op story, you will NOT have 100%. You should be forced to get at least all golds in every challenge to have a game that is 100% complete. They are things that are unlocked after all, so they should contribute to the percentage of the game that is completed.

Settings

Everything is great the way it is but maybe a couple more cheats can be added if anyone can think of more.

Extras

Superb the way it is.

Other Issues

Unlockables : I?m a strong believer in having to unlock things by playing a game and by playing it well, you unlock better things. This time around I hope we get to unlock more then just a bunch of characters. This time we should have to unlock levels like we had to in TS2. It just makes doing everything a lot more rewarding. This is the way I think levels should be unlocked. By beating story mode on each difficulty, a level should be unlocked. By beating the game on a higher difficult, you also unlock the levels that you unlock on lower difficulties. This means if you beat the game on medium difficulty, you will unlock two multi-player levels. If you beat co-op on any difficulty, you should also unlock another level. This is at least how some levels should be unlocked. It would be better if you can unlock a level for getting all gold in each challenge in an arcade league and all gold in every single challenge. I?m convinced something super sweet should be unlocked after attaining 100% in the game like a super awesome level. For beating everything else you should simply unlock characters, cheats, create a character skins and whatever else.

Loading/Saving Times: This was a serious problem in almost every single section of Future Perfect, especially after a four player split screen multi-player match. Some of my friends made jokes how they would love to play again, after a year when the game finishes saving all of the profiles. This area of saving should be improved upon a lot, instead of taking twenty to forty seconds to save everything, it should take more like eight seconds. Loading and saving times need to be drastically reduced in every section of TS4.

This is all that I can think of for now.

That should do it for everything that is TimeSplitters 4. If anyone has anything to add or comment on, please don?t hesitate to do so, I will most likely make changes to this post. I?m sure when Haze and other FPS? come out, we will have more ideas and things to add to our TS4 wish list. Like I said at the beginning, I don?t expect this game to come out anytime soon. I don?t expect free Radical to make every change that I have stated in this 30 page post. It would be nice if they take it seriously though because they aren?t just my opinions but the opinions of many other TS fans and casual gamers. I do expect Free Radical to take their time with this game and to do the best job that they can. They already do a fantastic job as it is but it would be awesome if they just put in a little more effort into TS4 just so that they can finish the series off on an excellent. Finish it off in a way that we would not want another TS game because this one would be good enough for a long long time. I?m hoping you guys at Free Radical take at least two years developing this game and at most four. I don?t expect this game to come out any earlier then 2012 because this way we will get the best possible TS experience. I obviously don?t expect anything in return for doing all this, except maybe a playable Bad *** White Tiger Character. TimeSplitters 4 is all that I really want though and I cant wait to play some time in the next five years.

P.S: Sorry about the spelling/grammar in some areas, I?m just too lazy to look this thing over and correct every mistake I made.

cob_shaw
12-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Damn thats a long post. I read some of it and I have to say; NO SWORDS. I don't think swords would really suit TS, the baseball bat is pointless but fun.

Rc_guy24
12-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Can someone please sum up what amnoz said because I dont feel like taking a week to read all of that man you got some time.

deded999
12-11-2006, 05:12 AM
lol, I don't think you could sum it up - he's looked at virtually every aspect of the TS series and given his opinions, from weapons to levels to characters to plot. If you want to see his opinion on a particular subject, scroll through to that point.

Very exhaustive Amnoz - FRD can't say you haven't given your feedback now eh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'll give some replies when I get enought time free to read everything.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

frd_neko
12-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Crikey. It's like an entire design doc in a forum post. Ironic considering that post is about ten times as long as the design docs for TS1, 2 and FP combined! (Not hard considering the first two didn't have design docs at all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).

I will read that at some point 'cos I don't want you to feel you wasted your time, but just, um, not quite yet. I'll choose a time when I have a spare week or two...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neko.

DarkMart
01-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by AvianAbsolute:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shiva06:
lol, some of the modes were so pointless...

Regeneration, Leech, Vampire, all 3 were so similar yet all they did was like change one small aspect of them and change their names :P

I think the less modes the better, as long as they're varied.

Oh yeah, Flame Tag too. Woo, a weak version of Virus. How cool!

Less modes, more focus = better results.

What would be better is if you could change the rules yourself. You'd have these options to turn on, like regeneration, leech, life loss, shrink etc. instead of creating seperate modes. In fact why not even go overboard and have options like double damage, double fire rate, infinite ammo, run faster, etc. etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AGREED ! And the possibility to create a mode with triggers is interesting too.

Finaly, for the jumps, we just need to jump over obstacles. No jump like Halo.
For the Electro Tool, the second option of the weapon must be like the ligthning of the Time Splitters.

nu_ignition
01-09-2007, 05:14 AM
That is the reason i said : smalls jumps.
At least, the only way to jump is to jump over an obstacle (like Gears of War).

Doesn't matter how high the jumps are, it still throws off your aim and lets bunny hoppers get some no skill kills. You shouldn't be able to spam jump and then just fire wildly to get a kill. Putting a limit on how often you can jump would be silly too, as you could get stuck behind something waiting for jump to recharge.

There is barely any small obstacles to jump over in TS anyway, all the levels have been designed so you don't need a jump. Basically they'd just be putting obstacles in for the sake of having a use for the jump button.

Apart from low railings like in Hangar or Hotel, off hand I can't think of a single existing level that would benefit from a jump button. TS levels have always been smooth and fast paced, sticking in a load of unneccisary obstacles to justify a jump button would ruin the pace and make levels feel bitty. It might be ok in Story mode, but it would damage the multiplayer more than it would help it.

deded999
01-09-2007, 08:40 AM
There's already a 'Jumping/No jumping' thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7551024144/m/3381023744), which mostly refers to Haze but contains the same arguments. I've given my own opinion on the topic there already. Let's just try to keep this thread for TS feedback. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

nu_ignition
01-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by deded999:
There's already a 'Jumping/No jumping' thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7551024144/m/3381023744), which mostly refers to Haze but contains the same arguments. I've given my own opinion on the topic there already. Let's just try to keep this thread for TS feedback. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yeah sorry, but considering nearly every post in this thread is asking for jumping in some way I felt I had to step in and say something, otherwise FRD might get the idea that everyone wants jumping.

It just seems the people that don't want jumping don't bother replying in suggestions topics, so it makes it look like the vast majority want jumping (same thing happened on GameFAQs when TSFP was first announced)

SpiLYouRGutZ
01-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow, I only replied/responded to 2 posts so far, granted.. there were mutiple responses in each post, but damn.. this is going to take awhile to respond/share ideas with you guys, but here's a start, anyway:

High everyone.. I'd just like to start off by saying that I'm very excited to be contributing to this thread. Timesplitters FP is without a doubt, my favorite game of all time! It was my first online game that I really got into. I have spent alot of time thinking of how I could improve this game, and am glad to see I am not the only one!! It's funny as I'm sitting here reading this thread, I see alot of the same ideas I've come up with, and abunch that I would never have thought of... some of these are brilliant, and some are obvious duds, imho ofcourse! I guess I'll start off by discussing what I like/dislike about some of your ideas, then I'll come back and post up some of my own.

Morpheus:

The bots are incredibly easy to kill, even on the hardest difficulty, so I like that they can dive/roll out of the way. However, I am not sure if players should be given this ability. It might work well, and it might not.. much testing would have to be done. One thing I hate about bots in TSFP is how they shake/freeze when you shoot them. If you play arcade with bots then you know what I mean. I would LOVE to see bots in the online mode, like Perfect Dark. Obviously they should improve the Bot's AI as much as realisticly possible. So they should be smarter than they are now, but you'll never have bots that are as smart as another player.

I agree 110% about the ragdoll physics, this series NEEDS ragdoll physics.

I really do like the idea of destructable environments.. however, having completely destructable environments would be rediculous, and would never work. What I suggest is this: having specific areas that are destructable. For example, we all know that there's ususally 2 or 3 ways into the other teams base. They should make it so 1 of the ways is a destructable wall/door. Obviously you wouldn't NEED to destroy that wall and make another entrance into the other teams base, but you should gain a slight advantage by doing so.. IMHO, every map should have 2 or 4 bases, each with 1 destructable wall/door.

I agree that the characters are a huge part of the series success.. I would love to see a complete list of playable characters from all 3 games, with updated character models!! I would also love to see a create a character option, this is a simple tool that's easily implemented.. Also, please make this option pretty in-depth, as I think it would be very popular, imagine - you could have your own clan uniform/colors!! Another issue that I think needs addressed is the size of the characters. It's obvious that taller/fatter characters die quicker. When playing online, respected players won't let you use monkeys (for good reason!) But it's obvious that certain characters have advantages/are harder to hit.. for example: Aztec Warrior, Viola, and Amy Chan are all very popular online. What I suggest is having every character use a 'base' model that is the same size. You wouldn't actually see the base model, you sould see whatever your character looks like. The base model would ensure everyone takes the same ammount of dammage, despite their size.

I really like your idea of 'bullet memory' so we can see all the bulletholes/explosion marks until the end of the match!! Something that's kinda related to this, is that I would love to see characters showing signs of damage, examples would include sweating/getting dirty, seeing bullet holes on their character with blood dripping out(nothing too grusome) maybe if you melee them they would quickly get a black eye or blood would trickle from their nose.

I think you're right, that the mines/grenades could use some improvements. I think the grenades in TSFP were great, one of my favorite ways to kill people. Some more grenades that I think would make great additions are: Flame grenades, Freeze grenades, Smoke grenades, and Flashbang grenades. Also, let's keep it so you can only hold 5 grenades at a time.. maybe 6, anymore and they'll be too many. Also, keep the option to hold the trigger longer and throw the grenades longer. I am not a huge fan of timed/remote mines, but I know alot of others are.. so obviously they should be kept in. Proximity mines were always my favorite, although they also have the potential to be abused very easily.

Yes, the animations are very important.. I've played TSFP so much, I know the importance of good animations, not only in dying(although still one of the most important) but in other aspects, such as reloading. It looks kinda silly in TSFP when you go to reload and you're still running your feet stop moving, looks really weird. So yes, I wanna see more/better animations, especially deaths.

Ahh, the issue of vehicles (one of my favorites, hehe) Let me just start out by saying that the vehicles themselves are only one piece of the puzzle. The puzzle ofcourse is having vehicles work well in FPS games. Other pieces include, how many players per map, and how the maps themselves are designed. Personally, I really like the idea of vehicles, if they work well, but I know alot of other people think vehicles have no place in an FPS. So my suggestion would be to have about half the maps using vehicles. These would probably be the bigger, more spread out.. outdoor maps. As for the number of players in one match, I think the perfect number would be 16. The reason I like this number is because it allows 2 teams of 8 to go head to head, or 4 teams of 4 for an all out frenzy. The next number that's evenly divisable by 4 is 32, which I feel is too many people to have in one match. With 16 people you could get to know your teammates and work well together. Another thing I'd like to avoid is having every player in a vehicle, because then you might aswell not even call it an FPS. I think only about half of the players in a match should be able to be in a vehicle at any given time. This means.. in my example, that only 8 people could be in vehicles at the same time (this includes both teams). Vehicles I'd like to see(realisticly speaking, I think someone said a submarine LOL) are:

Tank type vehicle - holds 4 people, 1 driver, 1 missle/rocket launcher position that can shoot 360 degrees, 2 gunner possitions 1 on each side, that can only shoot sideways and infront. Does not fly or go through water.
Speed: 2, Handling: 2, Armor: 4, Weapons: 4

Hovercar type vehicle - holds 2 people, 1 driver, 1 gunner position that can shoot 360 degrees. Does not fly but goes over water with ease.
Speed: 3, Handling: 3, Armor: 3, Weapons: 3

Motorcycle type vehicle - holds 1 person, 1 driver that can only shoot straight foreward. Does not fly or go through water.
Speed: 4, Handling: 3, Armor: 3, Weapons: 2

Jetpack type vehicle - holds 1 person, 1 driver that can shoot any direction. Does fly, even over water!
Speed: 3, Handling: 4, Armor: 2, Weapons: 3

*Vehicle stats are out of 5, obviously..
** We have 2 vehicles that are landbound/must use bridges to cross water, and 2 that can move across water easily.

Redman DK:

Everyone seems to dislike EA, I'm not sure why.. but I'm sure they have a good reason. I do wish EA could have maintained the TS servers alittle better, but I do credit them for keeping them going as long as they have *knock on wood* LoL I really hope they don't shut the severs down anytime soon. I guess I don't really have alot to offer in terms of input on the Mapmaker feature.. I never really used this feature, but I know alot of others did and they love it. One reason I don't like to play mapmaker games is because it seems they're almost always laggy/glitchy for me. If there was a way to correct that, then that'd be great!! Yes, I agree that the AI in TSFP was pretty stupid, but you gotta understand that they did the best with the technology they had. You can only devote so much system resourses (cpu, memory etc) to the AI.. but I agree, it should definetly be improved. I agree, the vehicle(can't even make it ploral lol) in TSFP arcade was a big dissapointment. And yes, it is fun to blast the jeep off the map!! I kinda dissagree about Anya always talking to you.. I like that feature, just hope that they actually have her tell you helpful things, in a clever way.. as to not sound scripted. Also, I really liked the sidekicks! sometimes they were annoying.. but I say keep 'em in, one for every level in story mode maybe.. just have sharper/more clever writing.

PhantoK:

It's funny you should mention this game was the one that you played the most online.. because I am the same way. Actually some people online like to tease me about leaving my ps2 on all day long, even if I'm not there. Usually, I never take TSFP out of my ps2 LoL I think I have something like 30 days and some odd hours logged into TSFP online. I agree, both the vehicles and AI will need serious overhauls for the next gen systems. I kinda dissagree though about the characters having 'special moves' that are unique to one character. First of all, there's way too many characters for everyone to have their own move. Secondly, unless they were all just different types of melee hits, it would probably mess up the gameplay. What I would like to see, however.. is acouple, maybe 3 different 'special' moves, or 'finishers' kinda like the Curbstomp/chainsaw deaths in GOW. I am kinda stuck on ideas for what these moves could be, but I'm sure we could think of some interesting ways of 'finishing people off' heh ANd finally, YES! I agree, that it was way too easy to snipe people, especially with the vintage rifle.

Amnoz:

I agree, this is the best FPS I've ever played, more people should know about it!! Hmm I don't know about the 12 hour time limit and 10,000 kill matches, that might be a bit overboard, even for me.. LoL I totatlly forgot about shooting plasma grenades out of the autorifle, that was awesome, and should be brought back, Speaking of which, I think every weapon should have a secondary fire option. I agree with what you said about vehicles with the exception of Helicoptors, not sure if they would work well..

Krunkmaster_K
01-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm brand new here. joined yesterday because of this Forum/ Topic. I'm a big Timesplitters fan. UI sent several letters to FRD (online) ,but they (from what I know) were never answer. I'm from The NEW Rec Room (any FRD employees, if you haven't checked out the Timesplitters Forum there do so when you got free time, I posted Ideas there that I probably will post here ,but still it's worth a look plus people have lots of maps and some (maybe all) would love it they can be converted into future Timesplitters game maps), Laz's Forum, The Timesplitters Resource, Elliot's Forum and the TS Wiki (not a frequent vistor ,but I do edit every now and then). Anyways, this is my intro post. Finally, I good with ideas. Later posts will have the ideas. I won't Double Post because I don't believe in it so, Idea post #1 will come after some else posts. For now, Rec Room has most of the ideas and some of other sites follow.

Amnoz.
01-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by GoldMart:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AvianAbsolute:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shiva06:
lol, some of the modes were so pointless...

Regeneration, Leech, Vampire, all 3 were so similar yet all they did was like change one small aspect of them and change their names :P

I think the less modes the better, as long as they're varied.

Oh yeah, Flame Tag too. Woo, a weak version of Virus. How cool!

Less modes, more focus = better results.

What would be better is if you could change the rules yourself. You'd have these options to turn on, like regeneration, leech, life loss, shrink etc. instead of creating seperate modes. In fact why not even go overboard and have options like double damage, double fire rate, infinite ammo, run faster, etc. etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AGREED ! And the possibility to create a mode with triggers is interesting too.

Finaly, for the jumps, we just need to jump over obstacles. No jump like Halo.
For the Electro Tool, the second option of the weapon must be like the ligthning of the Time Splitters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this is an excellent idea, it?s one of the changes I?m looking forward to most. One thing, I already mentioned this idea way before, if only people took the time to read my two giant posts. Heh, sorry but this idea is too good so I?m claiming it as my own. I even went into more detail and I will even quote myself so no one needs to get a work out from scrolling down for a few seconds.

New Games Modes

1)Team Elimination (We are all dying for this one to appear in the franchise)

2)Growth: The more people you kill the fatter you get therefor the easier you are to hit.

3)Vengeance: This would be an option for elimination. Once people lose all their lives they become ghost players and they can do two things. They can find a player that they don?t want to win and posses their body. What happens next depends on the developers. You will either slow down the characters movements and you will get a third person view of the character you possessed until he dies. You still live though and then you go find the person again if you want. It?s either this or you get to have equal control of the character the person is using therefor making it difficult for them to control the character. The best part is that they cant kill you, bullets will just go right through you. If they find the ghost gun though, that will kill you and take you out of the game.

4)Hunter: It?s a game mode in which you have to kill every character in the level a certain amount of times to win. Example: The first one to win the game is the person who kills everyone five times. If possible, maybe you can set it so that every character needs to be killed a different amount of times.

5)Dunno but other new modes should be created

The way I see is that Hunter, Shrink, Growth, Vampire, Thief, Regeneration and Leach are all different ways to play Deathmatch. This is why I think they should be options within Deathmatch because it makes things more organized and it just makes more sense. My main reason for this though is that they should do the same thing for Team Deathmatch so that you can play Team Thief and so forth. That would be the best and this would mean that they wouldn?t have to make over twenty different options in the game mode selection screen.

This is how the game mode screen would look like. I'm not sure if you should see the options beside deathmatch and team deathmatch. What do you think?

1)Deathmatch (Options: Shrink, Vampire, Thief, Regeneration, Leach, Growth)
2)Team Deathmatch (Options: Shrink, Vampire, Thief, Regeneration, Leach, Growth)
3)Capture the Bag
4)Bag Tag
5)Elimination
6)Team Elimination
7)Flame Tag
8)Virus
9)Zones
10)Gladiator
11)Team Gladiator
12)Assault
13)Escort
14)Monkey Assistant

That?s how it?s done.

Speaking of my two giant posts, I swear a month ago some members said they would respond to them (cough cough Deded cough*)

Let's see how jumping is implemented in Haze before we throw out the option entirely.

Well said but lets not forget they?re different games, so what works for one might not work for the other.

I?m going to quote myself again because I think mine is a logical compromise of the two sides.

Gameplay Mechanics (Should be pretty much stay the same but I think a few things should change)

1)You should be able to dual-wield two different types of guns.
2)You should be able to store two different types of grenades, a different grenade for each hand.
3)You should be able to put your back to a wall. You should also be able to shoot blind shots around a corner or over a crate (In First Person View)
4)When you climb up something like a ladder, you should be able to turn around if you?re not climbing and take out your guns. Hop down if you like or turn around again and keep climbing.
5)If you are holding guns, you should be able to jump if you are standing still. You should be able to climb up things like crates or walls if possible, it?s annoying when you cannot. If you are not holding any guns, you should be able to run and jump. This way it is harder for people who are shooting at you to hit you or this way you can jump over gaps and stuff like that. Their should be a jump metre though so that people don?t start jumping all over the place constantly if they don?t have guns. (In First Person View)
6)You should be able to lay down, it will make it easier to snipe, hide and stuff like that. I don?t care that much if this feature isn?t included but it would be cool.
7)Lets us do somersaults, they?re fun or for the sake of being different, cartwheels.

GRAVITY: You should be able to switch gravity in story mode and in levels too, like in Prey. This would make the game more fun and challenging.

Look at number 5, I'm actually rethinking some of it. A jump metre is kinda lame, i'm taking that out. I still think you should be able to jump around if you're not holding a weapon though. Just to make this clear, you should not be able to change to a weapon mid air.I also automatically assume that when you can climb up something, you can also climb down.

Swimming again, no. This should not be discussed anymore.

Welcome Spilyourgutz and krunkmaster k.

I?m going to address master k first since there isn?t much to say. Lets see these sights you speak of, other then that, I?m interested I nwhat you have to say.

Now SYG

Even though it?s been discussed already about only certain areas/buildings/objects/walls etc. . . being destructible, I like the way you thought about it. I like the way you thought about how destroying something will help you in certain types of games like capture the bag. Very interesting idea and if done well, will add a lot more depth to levels. Like you said, it shouldn?t be necessary but it should help slightly. This shouldn?t only be done as an offensive tactic but as a defensive as well. If people are defending a base or something, they should be able to take down a wall or something or just a bit of it if they choose. This way they can kill the attackers more easily while not getting damaged as much and to stop this the attackers would have to take down the wall completely. If these things are to help though, they should be difficult to destroy. You should have to go out of your way just to get a small advantage. Walls shouldn?t come down easily, let alone objects that are bigger and more complex.

I already mentioned create a character, so if you want my opinion look for the section in one of my two big posts in the 1st page of this thread. Size of the characters though is another interesting issue you bring up. I don?t know what to say about it at the moment. This is a topic that should be discussed to greater detail. I will address this latter when I have gathered my thoughts.

As for characters showing damage, I?m sketch about it. Don?t get me wrong, I would love to see it but with the amount of characters FRD will have, I don?t know. . . They might be really going out of there way doing this so maybe their attention should be focused else where. If they do manage this then it should be simplistic like you said, dirt and stuff like that. Bullet holes, might be a little to tech, think about the variety of characters.

LOL, hold 5 to 6 grenades? I think not, that?s way too much, it doesn?t even make sense. I?ve said this before but I think a maximum of two different kinds. A different grenade for each hand.

?It looks kinda silly in TSFP when you go to reload and you're still running your feet stop moving, looks really weird. So yes, I wanna see more/better animations, especially deaths.?

Agreed, nothing else can be said about this. Changes need to be made.

As for you vehicles and amount of characters, I for one think 40 people per level should be an option. That is, depending on the size of the level. It?s all about giving ppl the option right, small team games are fun but so are big team games. I would be thrilled to have 20 on a team just as long something indicates what team they?re on. If you don?t like big teams then stick to smaller ones but at least give other ppl the option, right?

I?m not sure if a jet pack should be considered as a vehicle or gadget. It depends I guess, if it?s armed and how long you can stay up in the air for.

Curb stomping, argh!!!!! I love it but should it be in TS, I don?t know!?!?!? Everyone loves a curb stomp. If characters can lay down then I guess it would be a sweet possibility other then that, you could only do it after killing someone. I wouldn?t mind doing that.

As for your comments on me. . .

Yeah, 12 hours and 10 000 kills is a bit much. If I did that, it would only be once just to say that I did it. A reward just be given to prove it such as ?Has Nothing Better To Do Award? to put it nicely. I think 12 hours should be reduced to 4 but 10 000 kills, oh god. It sounds sooooo sweet, I actually do want it. It would take so long but man oh man, would it ever be dope if you could do it.

I think every weapon should have a second function as well.

Stoked that you agree on all the vehicles except the helicopter. A helicopter could work in a level like Siberia if you have other vehicles to combat it and weapons that you can use from shelter. It would be easy picking though if people would be out in the open. If a lot of cover is provided it could work well and don?t forget, this is a fast paced game with crazy fire power.

I?m surprised you didn?t have more to say on what I said. After all, I have written more then everyones posts combined x10. Heh, I?m done for now.

deded999
01-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Bad cough you got there Amnoz. And Verbal Diarrhea too - nasty. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I will reply mate, but I get it in the neck being on forums quite so much as I tend to do, so I'll have to pick my moment!

We play Team Elimination quite often, although you have to play the 'Chronic International' version:

Play Elimination, but each 'team' selects a particular character, say Dinos Vs Bears. Now try to eliminate the opposition without eliminating your buddies - instant team recognition a must! There's quite a few possibilities for this style of play, including Special Team DM, (DM with similar teams to above), Gang Wars, (Thief, with two characters as identical 'bosses', and the others as two teams of characters: only the bosses can pick up coins for their team and only the gangs can shoot), Traitor, (DM, all players pick the same character, with one volunteer as the Traitor. Traitor must kill as many as possible, the others score from killing the traitor - paranoia city!) and Socky/Socky Lover - One player is the Sock and the rest hunt him. The Lover version has the first player killed by the Sock as his lone buddy. Best not to be too strict about scoring, but they are all great fun, I recommend them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

DarkMart
01-12-2007, 01:16 PM
We dont need an Elimation mode, we just need the possibility to set the numbers of life in DeathMatch (1,2,3... infinity).

Amnoz, i think that a lot of people got the idea of the triggers to create a mode (I did before to come on this forum). If you want that everyone read you, i suggest you to make a list, like i did. Its easier to read for everyone. :P

Amnoz.
01-12-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure I've made quite a few lists, they're simply seperated by a few dozen paragraphs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I'm tired of writting so much but it's so hard. I have too much to say. I'm just going to keep quoting myself and I'll make small changes as I go along.

I like your idea though GoldMart, having the possibility to set a number of lives would be a greater option. It would be interesting if you could set a score limit and an amount of lives. That would create some pretty chaotic matches. This way you have to ways of winning, either everyone rusn out of lives except your or you reach the score limit before that. I like it.

I also like your Traitor idea Deded. That too, would be chaotic.

deded999
01-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Amnoz.:
I also like your Traitor idea Deded. That too, would be chaotic.

We play all the modes mentioned regularly. Socky and Special TDM are faves, but Traitor always makes a good friends match. Best played somewhere like Mex Mish. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Krunkmaster_K
01-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Helicopter (from earlier) sounds awesome for a level like Siberia. I prefer they make more huge levels since most would be too small for decent vehiclur combat. Maybe modify Siberia with a Helipad since in TS2 there was chopper.

The idea about Jumping is somewhat supported by me. I prefer a drop button (to pick up items use same button) and melee attacks to the back of the head should = lethal ,but meleeing to anywhere else should vary with weapon size and type.

Also, I said the same thing ladders. You should be able to shoot while going up. Speaking of which, their should be a ladder tile (or item to place against walls) in mapmaker. Speaking of tiles, I came up with a tile poll in the Rec Room. Trap door tiles won. Basically, this tile is a little discolored (to hinder it's cheapness) ,but not too discolored ,but what would happen is an unsuspecting player walks over and falls to their death (would be good for Story mode to add depth). Also, there needs to be a Extra Large Open (like Extra Large Room ,but a wide open space). Also, I think almost all the tiles should have a stackable option instead of having a stackable tile section. Other tile ideas, a Small Open Stairs (stairs in place of an open). These could be used to make a more coliseum-esque level (stairs representing benchs) and could have other uses. Anyways, this goes up half a story per 1. Also, I would like a teleport room with a door-looking teleport (like Unreal and Halo). This would make the remakes (you know the Beaver Creek, the Unreal levels). Finally, I want the Core and Extra Large Room Back.

I guess the final part for this post I would say there should be a items capable of holding attribute. This would vary with character size.
Small characters would have less than large and so on. Items would include guns and other thing such as the Bag. Finally, some items (such as the Rocket Launcher because it's a heavy weapon) would count as two slots. This would also add to the need of the drop button.

shiva06
01-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Maybe threads like these will notify FRD that we fans haven't forgotten about TS...

hint hint make another one now! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I must admit I was slightly disappointed with the announcement of Haze since I was hoping for TS4 but I'm still extremely interested in Haze although I'd love it if FRD announced that the game they are working on with LucasArts is TS4.

deded999
01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
I hope this isn't true, but perhaps it's a little too much to think that - if the LA game turns out to be a SW FPS - that FRD will do three FPS games in a row. Say it ain't so Joe! (Neko).

I think TS4 with LA is unlikely - far more likely a SW game, as has already been rumoured. It's probably a no-brainer really.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Krunkmaster_K
01-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I came up with this mode on the Rec Room ,but how about a mode where the lowest scorer every set time (ex. 30 secs.) or when the leader reaches a set score gets knocked out. Mode Name: Knockout

Hey, there's some good gun ideas on the Rec Room. Like my Dual Energy Gun that shoots blue and green (TS2 remote mine colored) lazer blasts. For secondary, the lazers combine for explosive results.

Krunkmaster_K
01-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey, I'm porting some ideas over here they are. Ideas are as seen in The Rec Room - TS4 Ideas the Final 6.
Skyscraper - Would include a few stories (prefebly the upper levels) of a (duh) skyscraper. It would have offices, cubicles, look out spaces, and a roof area. Where death can claim those who go too close to the edge. Also, the lookouts could be death if you're knocked back far enough with gun. Also, in some spots glass can be broke to expose a ledge to fall from (it should be permant for the rest of the match). Also, the glass can damage when broken. Too make it complete, if your lucky, you may fall and end up on the cleaner thing that goes up and down the building thoughtout the match.

WWII map #1 - Pacific island. War would be going on in the background. Planes would be crashing and causing explosions which could be hazordous to your health. There would be landing strips and hangers complete with planes. Just off shore would be boats that can be used to get to the abandoned and sinking aircraft carriers. An invisable wall would prevent you from gettings to the other carriers. Too much to add, if you could. Planes will attack you to add tension (if you take a plane). Boats are ditto. Other buildings exist to and finally, venture too fare in the waters well.... too bad for you. Finally, palm trees are destructible and buildings that get hit by background suffer damage to create an ever changing environment. This may be too complex, though.

Train Station - Think, The Russian Coneection expect it's set elsewhere. You can get on the trains ,but they can only go in on a circle track. Ppl also, pull the switches to derail you ,but once the train is derailed it's well derailed for the rest of the level though, it can be boarded. Outside the trains is a station complete with water towers (to snipe from like said Story level), ticket booths, and a control room or two. (control rooms switches control cameral and..... autoguns (unconventional security, ehh.)). Obisously, there will be platforms, hallways, and other rooms to fight in. To go along with this there could be a train level.

Train- Since, this level is set on a train. The train will be more in depth with different cars and a front engine. I think it would be a cargo train since a passenger train would have less different cars. Let's just throw some less likely cars, while we're at it. Nuclear Reactor car, Fuel, toxic gas, missles, etc. Missles when shot explode (killing while reshaping the car they're in). Nuclear reactor houses a reactor that is hazordous to be around. Toxic gas can be climbed over top (so, your never really in it though rockets can blow a hole big enough to fall though). Gas harms you when a hole is got ,but the metal is self- healing (new technology) ,but you can fall into a big enough hole and after that it's pretty much death. Fuel cars have barrels instead of a standard fuel car. (deadly to be in ehh.). Finally, the is the engine and crew cars (kind of like passenger cars, ehh).

Water tile. Water Level and toxicity can be change with properties. Tile can look like this ___ or this \_/. Water fills in. This could be used for sewer levels or river/ lake levels. (if outdoor mapmaker never becvomes a relity or can become a water maker). You have 1 (ankle deep), 2 (full foot deep), 3 (Knee Deep), 4 (Waist Deep), 6 ( shoulder deep), 7-10 (death deep). Toxicity would make the death level lower and/ or drain the health of the player going through the water. Got any opinons, ideas of your own, etc. keep posting and keep this topic alive.

Okay, i know i screwed up and skipped 5 and also there was mention by a member called Undead about a Giant Power Up. For other ideas (not mine) and the weapon topic, see http://z7.invisionfree.com/Rec_Room/index.php?showforum=39 .

DarkMart
01-19-2007, 09:21 PM
For all your maps that you have in mind, think about the map maker. Outdoors tiles, outdoors items (trees, rocks...), tiles editor, more triggers, more vehicles (tanks, copters, interceptors, RHYNO...) and higher limit of space are the main options that the map maker must have. With all of this, TS fans will create a lot of their maps.

Xylaquin
01-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Do you guys mind posting a sentence at the top of each of your posts summarizing what it's about. Lol, I've never seen any thread in 6 years that had essay long posts!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Amnoz.
01-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Test, Test? Edit: Damn

harrall
01-25-2007, 04:28 AM
If you're only going to read one post in this topic, this post should be it. I'll try to make it brief and concise, in paragraphs, and in general very pretty to look at.

Alright, bear in mind that this comes from a guy with A LOT of Timesplitters hours (it's better to count in days, or even weeks) behind him, all the way back from TS1.

First of all; vehicles. Get rid of them. There is no room for vehicles in a game like TS. I think they should spend their time making cool levels, music and weapons in stead of vehicles.

Next; realism. Get rid of that too. TS is not supposed to be realistic (it's time travel, ffs) bacause that's part of the game's charm. I say that they should keep the realism on the level, that allows for more humouristic stuff.

Destructible environment would be cool, but not necessary for a game like TS. I fear that if this feature is implemented, it will only be in limited areas, and that would be even more lame. Again; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The idea that bullets should stay in the level ("bullet memory") until it ends is waste of time, money, energy, etc. It has no effect on gameplay, and I think they should keep their focus elsewhere. Does this really matter to any of you?

This is a very important thing to fix; CRANK UP THE SPEED GOD DAMN IT! Pace it up to TS1 level again, or at least TS2. The pace is also important for the TS-games, reaction and strategy above button-bashing. TS:FP was way too slow.

Another craptastic feature of TS:FP, the damn alternate fire. It definitely contributes to a slower pace. You need to press "up" every time you want to change to the alternate function of a weapon. This sucks big time and takes the fun out of i.e. remote mines. One button for "fire" and one for "alt. fire". You can either get rid of the "throw grenade" (which is unlikely) or you could get rid of melee attack. You had grenades on some weapons on the other to games, and it worked really well. It can't be too hard to make "alt. fire" and "throw grenade".

And for god sake, give us back a part that made TS1 and TS2 great, FULLY customizeable controls. DO NOT limit weapon change to the d-pad. Another ******ed feature of TS:FP.

An ideal set up for me would be something like this (PS-controller):
D-pad up/down - zoom
D-pad left - team speak
D-pad right - unique move*
L-analog - run/strafe
R-analog - look
L1 - crouch
L2 - aim
L3 - throw grenade
R1 - alt. fire
R2 - prim. fire
R3 - melee attack
Triangle - reload
Square - prev. weapon
Circle - next weapon
Cross - do/activate/whatever
Start - pause
Select - scoreboard

(*) Explained further down.

I would need to shuffle around a bit on "team speak", "unique move", "throw grenade" and "melee attack" to find out what works best.

The next few paragraphs will be about characthers.

Yes, the characthers is some of the core in TS. They are funny and contributes to non-realism. The humouristic style of TS MUST BE KEPT, or else it's not TS.

Make your own characther sounds like a great idea! Should not be too hard to implement, and you should be able to use i.e. legs from Duckmand Drake, torso of Calamari and the head of Leo Krupps. Combining limbs from different characthers would be great, as well as an editor.

The flips, dives, twirls, etc. that the computer does, doesn't bother me. But it would be annoying if WE could do it. Get rid of the whole thing. Players do not need those abilities, maybe the comp. does. I think the best would be to keep it the way it is, but if people are unhappy with that, get rid of the whole idea.

(*) A unique "move" or "ability" for each characther could be really cool. This is a good idea that would add some more finesse to the game. But it should by all means be optional. As in the previous games, you should be able to turn characther abilities on and off. There should be two on/off options; one for the unique "move" and for for abilities (speed, health, etc.). I would prefer to play WITH the cool new moves, and WITHOUT the health/speed turned on. Anyone who agrees?

For the unequipped special moves mentioned (i.e. karate chop for Chinese Chef, biting for Dinosaur) is also a good idea, and could be turned on all the time as it would make no difference. A neat feature which should not be hard to add.

Next up is game modes.

For God's, Buddha's, Krishna's, our, your, Jesus' and Mary's sake, BRING BACK FLAME TAG! Leaving this out of TS:FP was... abysmal.

A cool feature, as someone has mentioned, you should be able to combine game modes. Like Team Thief, Team Elimination, Shrink Flame Tag, etc. This would definitely add hundreds of hours of multiplayer value.

Also, you should be able to choose score limits like 17, 11 and 42, any number actually. Not just 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and so on. 50 to 100 is a big gap. This could be made efficient by allowing the player to select each digit at a time. This was cool about TS1.

Keep arcade awards (duh), and keep the statictics that pop up after each game (duh).

Make more Challenges and Arcade Leagues! TS2 had a perfect amount. A little too few on TS:FP. TS1 was good alse. I like how each Challenge and such has its own little story.

Story mode worked pretty well in TS:FP. A bit more coherent than in the previous ones. Keep it up for the next one.

Alright, this was not brief. I'll be back for more later. Gotta go!

Krunkmaster_K
01-31-2007, 02:44 PM
Ok, I got some stuff to say. So, I'll say it.
Unlike the previous guy, I want not only to keep the vehicles ,but I want more of them.
Vehicles expand the gameplay and stuff ,but instead of having a set limit (mapmaker), take it away.
I want to get vehicles with guns on their back (like that truck) and I want airplanes, choppers, tanks (think Scotland the Brave Boss and the awesome tank in Machine Wars), and simple boats (nothing real complex).
Oh, like in Machine Wars, the tank (that was in it) can have 2 passangers, a driver/ operator of turret, and a gun controller.
Also, I want more levels with vehicles (not just Siberia). And finally, I want to have passangers (ex. Zeep) be able to shoot.

Ok, I didn't know I had that much to say so, I'll just talk about game mode ideas.

One idea for a new game mode would be Knockout. In this mode, instead being Knocked out due to your losing all your lives people will be knocked out based on lowest score (from kills) every set amount of time. (ex. every 10, 15,30 secs, etc.) (set from game menu) Though, I'm not sure about what should be mark causes elimination. It also could be when the leader reaches a set amount of kills. (ex. 5,10,20, etc.). If there is a tie when the mark (whatever it is) the thing skips that round and if it still exists the next time, both of the tiees get eliminated. That's about it.

In assault, locations should have an attribute that allows them to be able to switch back and forth (to make it harder for the attackers to win location objectives).

Finally, A reworked zones mode called Territories or Territory Battles would feature two or more teams fighting for control of modified zones that have to be stood on for say.... 5, 10, or 15 secs to take over. These zones would be have weapons and vehicles near them to make them resemble bases ,but unlike Unreal, anybody can have them ,but the respawns there are for the controlling team. This game ends when either time runs out or a team manages to capture all the territories(about 5 or 6 to make it harder than zones to do so).

Finally, an Outdoor is the most important thing to me besides a drop weapon/ item button

deded999
01-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't have time now to comment much, but I think that with vehicles it's difficult to keep the balance between the ol' TS twitch shooting and the style of other FPS games. How would you play a TS game with choppers etc and still keep the TS style of play? I'm not saying that vehicles should be out, just that they alter the gameplay to an extent, and that including things like aircraft could be a step or two too far. It's easy to suggest these things but something else to balance them out correctly. IMO you can't throw everything at a game - some games will work well with some ideas, some won't. Imagine Battlefield with TS characters and tell me it will be the same as TS. Having said that, it seeme that Haze will be including vehicles to perhaps a greater extent than TS did, so we can see how the experience works for FRD and how they conclude it will work in TS.

I'd agree about the secondary fire - switching weapons/fire modes mid-battle doesn't work well for me, I definetly prefer seperate buttons for each mode, but eventually you do start to run out of buttons. My preference would probably be, if this limit happens, to implement some kind of simple combo, (say both fire buttons simultaneously for a grenade), but that's completely off the top of my head. I know I've struggled to set up melee/talk on the sticks, so in a particularly tough firefight I can end up meleeing when I should be zagging, if you catch my drift...

Finally, and quickly, it did seem to be difficult to set up any kind of 'base'-type match, besides capture the bag, which would be nice. I'm also not a great fan of the coloured team HUD indicators - especially seeing as you can spot them in the distance and from behind walls sometimes - my gang usually negate them by playing team matches based on identical characters, which is far more satisfying, (and funny!).

To be continued...

AzazelYabril
02-01-2007, 04:52 AM
The main problem I have with TS is you cant alter the ground in mapmaker.I want to make hills or holes or tunnels.

I personally hate vehicles so i wouldnt want that.

What would be cool is a real time strategy game a la command and conquer.But with monkeys and stuff.

I would like to see tons of monkey skins.I only play as the monkey.

Amnoz I read ALLLLLLL of it and you would proly be good in the product development team. Very good ideas.

deded999
02-01-2007, 11:08 AM
@ AzazelYabril: If you only play as a monkey I hope they make a Big Monkey option available for online play, or I'll be cursing your 'cheating' little butt all over the shop! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Small characters and online play do not mix - not unless it's agreed before-hand at least...

Harrall: Yes, the characthers is some of the core in TS. They are funny and contributes to non-realism. The humouristic style of TS MUST BE KEPT, or else it's not TS.

Make your own characther sounds like a great idea! Should not be too hard to implement, and you should be able to use i.e. legs from Duckmand Drake, torso of Calamari and the head of Leo Krupps. Combining limbs from different characthers would be great, as well as an editor.

The flips, dives, twirls, etc. that the computer does, doesn't bother me. But it would be annoying if WE could do it. Get rid of the whole thing. Players do not need those abilities, maybe the comp. does. I think the best would be to keep it the way it is, but if people are unhappy with that, get rid of the whole idea.

(*) A unique "move" or "ability" for each characther could be really cool. This is a good idea that would add some more finesse to the game. But it should by all means be optional. As in the previous games, you should be able to turn characther abilities on and off. There should be two on/off options; one for the unique "move" and for for abilities (speed, health, etc.). I would prefer to play WITH the cool new moves, and WITHOUT the health/speed turned on. Anyone who agrees?

For the unequipped special moves mentioned (i.e. karate chop for Chinese Chef, biting for Dinosaur) is also a good idea, and could be turned on all the time as it would make no difference. A neat feature which should not be hard to add.

Hm, completely agree about the comedic B-movie characters, although my preference would be to be able to personalise characters, (say choose a colour for a bandana, add a design to a part of the armour or give them a cool hat!), rather than be able to make your own characters - although that sounds good I'm not sure it would actually be as great as it at first sounds, and could seriously limit character design if all designs had to have say the same size waist in order for them to connect together properly.

Abilities: You seem to be saying get rid of them but bring back more? Which is it? If a character has a special ability, I don't see why a flip or dive should be disallowed from this, what abilities do you foresee if not this kind of thing? (We've also discussed jumping/diving in TS to death in another thread here, ('please no jumping!' or somesuch), so check it out before you go all postal on my butt!).

Personally I'd like to see abilities, (as in character specific moves/signatures/taunts), but I'm not keen on health-speed bonusses, unless they're optional of course.

Re: controls - my problem with some of the system you propose, (which isn't too dissimilar from what I play now, besdies me being a Lefty), is that buttons such as teamtalk should really be accessible without moving your thumbs/fingers from the sticks. Having to stop myself from looking around or running/strafing to be able to talk is likely to get me killed PDQ, and buttons such as these need to be used often and sometimes for relatively lengthy periods. Besides that, I don't disagree with you on the controls - they really should be as adaptable as possible (just as the TS game should be - it's biggest strength by far IMO).

I would also like to point out that TS could also develop this strength by exploiting the current options for downloads and online extended play - there's no reason that the next TS couldn't ship with a certain number of game-modes, challenges, levels, story episodes, etc, then have extra content such as new levels, weapons, characters, and here's the biggie, a Mapmaker, (which let's face it, if done well would extend the life of TS online immeasurably). There's no reason FRD couldn't release the game as is, then turn their attention to completing or developing a mapmaker they have planned for but not had the time to finish before the game is released. In this way they could build the game from launch and have it develop onwards, without necessarily burying themselves in a bunker for eight years to get it all completed.

I'm not necessarily suggesting episodic content, but the theme/content does lend itself well to such a system, and producing the game in a similar way may mean we manage to get more of this massive shopping list we're busy creating here than we normally would with a more traditional development process...

Amnoz.
02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
If you're only going to read one post in this topic, this post should be it. I'll try to make it brief and concise, in paragraphs, and in general very pretty to look at.

That's was a pretty arrogant thing to say.

Originally posted by AzazelYabril:
Amnoz I read ALLLLLLL of it and you would proly be good in the product development team. Very good ideas.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

WOW . . . I don't even know what to say. YOU READ IT ALL . . .????? I might be the only one in on this but I think AzazelYabril deserves a round of applause. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

I'm flattered that you like my ideas and I really appreciate the comment about being good in the product development team. It's actually what I would like to do after I'm done getting my university degrees. As shocking as it might sound, those two posts are about only a quarter of my ideas. I'm saving the other ones for the games I will hopefully take part in creating in the future, I hope. The ideas I posted though still need to be refined because even I disagree with a couple things I put down.

Back to the topic at hand.

I like your Knockout idea Krunckmaster K and I agree that zones should be reworked but the classic way of playing it should still be available.

I also agree with Deded to a certain extent. Clearly there needs to be a balance with the vehicles if they are to be implemented. I still hold on strongly to the fact that TS can make vehicles work and that it wont really change the gameplay, it will simply add on to it if done correctly. I think the main fear people have is that by adding vehicles the TS game will become more tactical instead of staying true to its roots of being mostly a run n gun type game.

This is definitely a just claim but I think people underestimate how capable TS is at handling vehicles. First of all, TS is fast paced so it would be harder for vehicles to kill people in this game compared to other slower paced shooters. Another point, TS has crazy powerful weapons that could take care of most vehicles in very little time. That still doesn't mean that vehicles wont be a nuisance which is why vehicles should only have one positive aspect about them or at most they should be balanced in all areas. This means that if you get a vehicle that has weapons that can mow down people in less then a second, then it should be big, slow moving and easy destroy. If you get a fast moving vehicle, it should have very weak weaponry and be easy to destroy. I'm not saying that this is the forumla but it should be something close, the only way to find out for sure is to actually test the vehicles in a match to even them out.

The way I see it is that vehicles should basically be like normal characters. The only difference is that they increase your ability to do one thing and decrease your ability to do another. This way you're mostly always on equal playing terms with people without vehicles. It all just comes down to preference, would you rather sacrifice a little mobility for a little more strength or vice versa and so forth. I'm pretty sure this is a given though.

Even though this is an important aspect if integrating vehicles, I think everyone has missed out on another just as important issue. The A.I.

That's one of the problems and all you have to do is look at the car in Siberia. You could win a game using that thing by just by mowing down the A.I because they don't know how to act towards the vehicle. This is very important, if you're talking about balanced gameplay, this is something that cannot be ignored. A.I should know how to take you down when you're in a vehicle, that means knowing how to dodge your attacks as best as possible and knowing what weapons to use to dispose of you. If this isn't done, vehicles will continue to be cheep ways to win matches which will make things less fun.

I'm not going to discuss controls because it's a given they should be fully customizable. I think it's interesting that you guys bring up what should be used for the secondary functions of weapons.

I'm to tired to express my opinion, maybe tomorrow.