PDA

View Full Version : Thermal signatures for fingerprints

Vargasmal
04-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Anyone think it would have been better if guards still had to put in key codes to open doors so we could use Thermal to see his fingerprints?

Vargasmal
04-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Anyone think it would have been better if guards still had to put in key codes to open doors so we could use Thermal to see his fingerprints?

FoolCorp
04-20-2005, 04:19 PM
I always hated the thermal keypad stuff. My brother could look at it for two seconds and have the code figured out, but I never got the hang of it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Arkalius
04-20-2005, 04:45 PM
You can use thermal on keypads after a guard enters the code to see the code... although some keypads the thermal signature fades very fast to try to prevent you from doing this I think. I've used it in SC3 though.

Vargasmal
04-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Well thats odd when I look at the guards go up to a door with keycode access they just open it like nothing.

chaos_theory16
04-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah, in SC4, it'd be a good idea. Same with footprints even. Being able to look at the floor and find footprints that fade after sometime.

MrBisto
04-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Something else that would be nice would be the ability to shut your (Sam's) eyes for a few seconds. Why? So you can cover yourself from a flashbang you have just dropped in close quarters.

Vargasmal
04-21-2005, 10:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chaos_theory16:
Yeah, in SC4, it'd be a good idea. Same with footprints even. Being able to look at the floor and find footprints that fade after sometime. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That wouldnt work because the enemies are wearing boots.

Thr0nyX
04-22-2005, 02:52 AM
It would be better if the goggles didnt start to glow before Sam turn them on, when he nods them down to the nose.

DarKA55ASSIN
04-22-2005, 06:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chaos_theory16:
Yeah, in SC4, it'd be a good idea. Same with footprints even. Being able to look at the floor and find footprints that fade after sometime. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

like metal gear solid

mikeiron0404
04-22-2005, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It would be better if the goggles didnt start to glow before Sam turn them on, when he nods them down to the nose. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The goggles are actually always on, he just puts them over in his eyes when you use it.

HardToExist
04-23-2005, 01:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrBisto:
Something else that would be nice would be the ability to shut your (Sam's) eyes for a few seconds. Why? So you can cover yourself from a flashbang you have just dropped in close quarters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you've ever been flash banged in real life you'd know that just closing your eyes doesn't work. All you have to do (in the game) to not flashbang yourself is turn Sam and the camera away from the blast. No use making a whole new function just because you're too lazy to turn around for 2 seconds. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rikakiah
04-25-2005, 12:45 AM
The trouble with turning is that it takes time. By the time you turn back, arm your gun, and aim, the effects of the flashbang are gone and you're looking at a couple really peaved badguys with guns. If you had your gun ready before you turn to the fight, it's even longer, since Sam moves very slowly with a weapon drawn. At best, you buy yourself maybe a couple seconds, instead of the 10 or more that the actual effect lasts--that's enough to take out one target (perhaps two on a good day). One target doesn't deserve a flashbang, though...

A flashbang should have an automatic reaction of Sam shielding his eyes for the moment of detonation (able to keep his gun out, left arm over eyes, eyes closed). You lose sight for maybe a half second or so, but are immediately sighted back on target (or in the general direction). Sam threw the darn grenade, so he should know when it will detonate and when to sheild himself from its effect. Also, using thermals should negate the effect almost entirely--it would see the explosion, but it'd be nothing more than a localized hotspot, since it wouldn't see the actual light of the flash.

BiG_FaT_SpErM
04-25-2005, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HardToExist:
If you've ever been flash banged in real life you'd know that just closing your eyes doesn't work. All you have to do (in the game) to not flashbang yourself is turn Sam and the camera away from the blast. No use making a whole new function just because you're too lazy to turn around for 2 seconds. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually i tihnk that when a flashbang goes off in the game you even if you look away if you are close enough you still get affected, you can look at one go off from a distance and not be affected and look away from one at close range and be affected. I believe its the distance not the looking at it

shadownet_spy04
04-25-2005, 02:32 PM
If the flashbang is 8 meters or more away from sam in the game you will not be effected even if you are looking right at it. I know because for some reason i read the descriptions of the equiptment on sam's opsat, and then tryed it.

rikakiah
04-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Hmmm...I thought I was a decent distance once when it did affect me. Could've been wrong, though. I do remember being quite a ways off and not being affected, though. My tests haven't been very thorough, as I really haven't had much need--why flash and confirm you existence? Seems smoke works better most of the time for me if I need something to mask my movement.

BiG_FaT_SpErM
04-27-2005, 09:21 AM
The only time i found a need for flash was in the shower room in bathhouse with the 3 thermal vision guards. The advantage of flash over smoke is that one flash bang can stop an enemy from doing anything for about 7 or 8 seconds whereas smoke you have to hide behind it and the enemy still has full power

Op_Deus
04-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Flashbangs emit special chemicals that dull your senses. It actually doesn't effect you if you are out of its reach.

ArrowDynamicsX
04-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Actually, flashbangs are grenades that create a bright flash from magnesium and a very loud bang when it explodes. There are no "special chemicals."

rikakiah
04-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Hence the name..."flash" "bang"...

Very much like the effect of sneaking in and flashing the lights on and off when you're buddy's playing Splinter Cell in a pitch black room...now THERE'S entertainment...

Haiiro_Hakai
04-28-2005, 07:35 AM
You guys DO know that a flashbang in close proximity can make your ears bleed and break glass?