PDA

View Full Version : Dear new web page designer!

znork
09-20-2005, 09:25 AM
The design looks cool and all but. Hva you ever heard about usebilty before? If not look it up under web desing.

Here is a list of what is worong.

1 this sight can not be used by people using text based web browser.
2 I se not 1 alt tag in youre code. Well its thre but it shuld not be "" the is a reason for this
3 Black on read text even i withe 20/20 vison had a hard time reading it
4 pop ups way did you have to us all the pop ups

ill give u place to test youre code for youre next web page. try this (http://webxact.watchfire.com/)

en her is som of what it had to say
ErrorThis page does not comply with all of the automatic and manual checkpoints of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and requires repairs and manual verification.
Automatic Checkpoints Manual Checkpoints
Status Errors Instances Status Warnings Instances
Priority 1 Error 2 65 Warning 12 229
Priority 2 Error 4 100 Warning 20 220
Priority 3 Error 4 54 Warning 12 12

Had this benn and asigemnt i had at school i would have gotten ann F.

Make it look cool for all.

znork
09-20-2005, 09:25 AM
The design looks cool and all but. Hva you ever heard about usebilty before? If not look it up under web desing.

Here is a list of what is worong.

1 this sight can not be used by people using text based web browser.
2 I se not 1 alt tag in youre code. Well its thre but it shuld not be "" the is a reason for this
3 Black on read text even i withe 20/20 vison had a hard time reading it
4 pop ups way did you have to us all the pop ups

ill give u place to test youre code for youre next web page. try this (http://webxact.watchfire.com/)

en her is som of what it had to say
ErrorThis page does not comply with all of the automatic and manual checkpoints of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and requires repairs and manual verification.
Automatic Checkpoints Manual Checkpoints
Status Errors Instances Status Warnings Instances
Priority 1 Error 2 65 Warning 12 229
Priority 2 Error 4 100 Warning 20 220
Priority 3 Error 4 54 Warning 12 12

Had this benn and asigemnt i had at school i would have gotten ann F.

Make it look cool for all.

Vlaadimir
09-20-2005, 09:47 AM
I agree. The site is absolutely gorgeous, but it's also hell for us with 56k modems... and what he said above. :P

UndeadDontDie
09-20-2005, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vlaadimir:
I agree. The site is absolutely gorgeous, but it's also hell for us with 56k modems... and what he said above. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its pretty bad for my Cable modem as well :\ (750Kb)
Can't you guys get a decent server?

socketboy
09-20-2005, 10:40 AM
It is quick for me. As quick as every other site I have ever been to anyway.

znork
09-20-2005, 10:46 AM
The point here is that its good design to have a fast page that eaven with my 4 mg bit line takes som seconds. The page is huge! I hope not the web page design is a show on how the the game is designed.

Ollie1965
09-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Who cares if it's not set up for text based browsers?
They're doing a good job.

znork
09-20-2005, 01:03 PM
the blind do! the handicaped do! people withe poor eya sight do. But hey what am i asking people to show som compasion.

Beltion
09-20-2005, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:
the blind do! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

somehow I doubt that the blind are the target audience for the game, and thus there's little need for a website that the blind can read.

znork
09-20-2005, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beltion:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:
the blind do! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

somehow I doubt that the blind are the target audience for the game, and thus there's little need for a website that the blind can read. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you know this? I dont.

Marcusml333
09-21-2005, 08:59 AM
I really like the new layout, it almost couldn't be nicer. But it sometimes is slow, though. But I can live with that, it's just if someone has a 56kb/s modem it's going to take a really long time to load the page.

sadamlovemachin
09-21-2005, 09:01 AM
good but needs more cheese.