PDA

View Full Version : They Stole From Me: It isn't even a program!

CCchips
01-29-2007, 03:17 AM
Dark Messiah doesn't even work. I can't even get the shortcut, or the program, to work.

Ubisoft should be sued for this. I bought my game legally - I shouldn't have to put up with this.

CCchips
01-29-2007, 03:17 AM
Dark Messiah doesn't even work. I can't even get the shortcut, or the program, to work.

Ubisoft should be sued for this. I bought my game legally - I shouldn't have to put up with this.

ViciousGuy
01-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I understand your feelings quite well.
However, posting the exact problem and (if there is any) error message and waiting for help would help you a way better than just saying "it doesn't work for me", don't you think?

Ys, VG.

Mana_SG
01-29-2007, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CCchips:

Ubisoft should be sued for this. I bought my game legally - I shouldn't have to put up with this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Care to elaborate more? What are your pc specs? Or is this just a general rant? If so it shouldn't be in the Tech Help forum.

CCchips
01-29-2007, 08:19 PM
You make a good point. here are my specs:

P4 3.2ghz
1gb DDR2 RAM
Radeon 6600 Pro 128mb (upgrading to Radeon X1950 Pro 256mb in a few days)
ATA HDD (not SATA due to some incompatability issues)

I meet the minimum requirements, and have downloaded both patchs v1.1 & v1.2 with the correct order of installation, but it still doesn't work.

Just to clarify: there is no error message. Upon executing the program, the PC starts to buzz (it's working and the dics is spinning), then everything stops and all goes silent. It doesn't even go out of the desktop. You can see nothing.

CCchips
01-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh yeah, also:

Game Version: Retail
Game Type: Singleplayer
Steam: Yes

Mana_SG
01-29-2007, 09:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CCchips:
Oh yeah, also:

Game Version: Retail
Game Type: Singleplayer
Steam: Yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(it's working and the dics is spinning), then everything stops and all goes silent. It doesn't even go out of the desktop. You can see nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Disk spins? Steam version? Why? Steam doesn't need a disk to play the game.

You sure you are starting it from steam?

What's your OS? XP, XP64bit? etc?

And please don't multi post, there's an edit button there for a reason http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jamosjb
02-18-2007, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Radeon 6600 Pro 128mb (upgrading to Radeon X1950 Pro 256mb in a few days) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
wouldn't that be the reason your can not run the game? it is way below the minimum specs. How would you sue? you should read the minimum specs before you buy a game man.

VenomKing666
02-20-2007, 03:54 PM
CCchips stop *****in and get 2 Gigs ram, that was my problem, it should be fixed after now i can perfectly play the game... I had one Gig too but ITS NOT ENOUGH... thats it