PDA

View Full Version : Optional cooperative campaign in the AC that comes out after revelations?

JMC2693
12-25-2011, 02:17 PM
I think having the option to play campaign with friends would make AC an even better game than it already is. Allowing multiple people to play campaign at the same time would give the game a completely new side and twist. Many things like different objectives, missions, or even certain levels could be added as an option besides just the single player campaign

TrueStoic
12-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Brilliant. was hoping this would be in Brotherhood but , ubi kinda gives a blind eye for these ideas.. wonder why -_- ( they dont even have enough time to de-bug the main SP..)

SolidSage
12-26-2011, 10:43 PM
As soon as they implement/figure out, the Player to Player combat engine they can go on this.
BEST possible upgrade to AC IMO.

value_zero
12-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Splinter Cell has it why AC not?

EmperorxZurg
12-27-2011, 12:41 AM
well, funny to see how the same topics come up amongst the new waves of members.

The reason it wasn't involved in brotherhood was that it wouldn't fit canonically. Ezio wouldn't bring his new recruits on missions, as they were merely his hitmen. He would also need to send them out on missions. And if your friend died, as one of your recruit assassins, how would the game end? Would there be reviving, even though when the others die, they actually die? It just didn't fit.

It wasn't implemented in AC:R because it would have detracted from the story, which was the emphasis of this iteration of the series as it pertained to closure of our two protagonists. It was Ezio, finding out why he became an assassin, and Alta´r was fulfilling his destiny. Yusuf was busy managing the assassins, so he couldn't have been with Alta´r. Also, during the Alta´r falshbacks when he was 60+, who could have been with him during that and still kept the story great? It's just not canonically possible. In the next release, with a new protagonist, there is a possibility though as it can be about two partner assassins trained from birth or such. It all depends on whether it fits with the story.

Assassin_M
12-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
well, funny to see how the same topics come up amongst the new waves of members.

The reason it wasn't involved in brotherhood was that it wouldn't fit canonically. Ezio wouldn't bring his new recruits on missions, as they were merely his hitmen. He would also need to send them out on missions. And if your friend died, as one of your recruit assassins, how would the game end? Would there be reviving, even though when the others die, they actually die? It just didn't fit.

It wasn't implemented in AC:R because it would have detracted from the story, which was the emphasis of this iteration of the series as it pertained to closure of our two protagonists. It was Ezio, finding out why he became an assassin, and Alta´r was fulfilling his destiny. Yusuf was busy managing the assassins, so he couldn't have been with Alta´r. Also, during the Alta´r falshbacks when he was 60+, who could have been with him during that and still kept the story great? It's just not canonically possible. In the next release, with a new protagonist, there is a possibility though as it can be about two partner assassins trained from birth or such. It all depends on whether it fits with the story.
And, if it fits with the Animus..

SolidSage
12-27-2011, 11:42 AM
It might not fit with the Animus until they script an allowance for two players to share a memory, OR have player 2 just BE a character from in the memories.

@Disturbed
I'm not new, and I have been begging for co-op since I started on the AC forum.
You're correct about it not jiving with existing stories well, but as far a Altair, we could have played his son and then Maria.
But it doesn't matter with games already past, in AC3 I could only see William or Eve working as PC's from our time.