PDA

View Full Version : Highest Scores In Metroid Prime, First Hunt For DS

iggadore
12-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey feel free to post and brag about your high score in any of the training missions in the Metroid Prime demo for Nintendo DS. If you need some help increasing your score, also feel free to ask.

iggadore
12-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Mine were
17000 for regulator and 219 for survivor

Da_shoota
12-27-2004, 01:50 PM
you didn;t need to double post. You shoulda put your score in with your first post.

Anyways, im having trouble at the part where you turn into a ball and have to climb on the moving platforms.

iggadore
12-27-2004, 02:07 PM
To climb the moving platforms:
1st platform- you gotta wait right next to it until it is still on the ground and then jump on it.
2nd platform- either walk diagonally off the first one onto it or you can jump.
3rd- I find that the second and third don't mesh perfectly unless you wait a while, but the game is timed. I find it's best to wait just until the second platform stars moving back, jump and quickly tap the forward button. From there you just have yo walk sideways onto the suspended floor.

I am not sure which ball part you mean, but I assume it is the one after you've done the platforms and you are in a sort of glass room. First, of course, you have to kill the blob, and then you morph into a ball. go into the small tunnel, turn right and set off several bombs to destroy the little spiky things. then go forward, turn left, and turn right, set off several more bombs and make sure ALL of them are dead. Then move out of the maze, morph back into yourself and get the missiles to destroy the AI in the next room.

Anything else?

WinsK
12-27-2004, 03:23 PM
ok i gotta air my beef with Metroid Prime

WHY IS IT IN FIRST PERSON PERSPECTIVE!?!?!?

this would have been a great game if it was in third person. i realize they were trying to do something different but at what point do you sacrafice gameplay for the want to be different?

the other thing is the controls were terrible. they should have used the two analog sticks setup controls like Halo than the way they did it.
the way they did it only lets you strafe around an enemy if you're locked on. this is something that i could do in Goldeneye on N64 so don't tell me you can't do it on a GC.
and some might say "but if you can lock on why do you need that LOL"

well the locking system donsn't work and constantly unlocks your enemy and then because it's such a pain to look up, yes to look up you ahve to hold down a button first you can't just look up.

there... if they aren't gonna make it third person view like they should have they should have made the controls even remotely operable during a battle

[/rant]

iggadore
12-27-2004, 03:29 PM
I understand entirely where you're coming from. But, I do think that I know why they had it in first person perspective (not counting when you morphed into a ball). It was all about the aiming. The programmers were taking advantage of the fact that the touch screen can be used to aim very accurately. Yes, the game-play was slightly diminished due to 1st person, but wouldn't you agree that the aiming ability in 1st person makes up for it?

But there is one thing about the game that really bothers me - the characters height when in first person. The woman seems to be at least 6 foot in the little videos at the beginning and yet when playing the game in first person, you feel like you are a mere 2 feet off the ground. Bothers the hell out of me...

WinsK
12-28-2004, 01:10 AM
oh man i'm so sorry.. i didn't read the entire post!!!

what i said applies to the GameCube version of Metroid Prime... wow really sorry about that

but i stand by what i said, but only for the GC version i've never played DS

iggadore
12-28-2004, 07:47 AM
Ah ok.

I WAS slightly confused about the locking on thing you talked about cause it isn't in the DS version but I getchya now.

iggadore
12-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Just in: score in regulator-20560 pts