PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX Revolution / MOUSE3

G-RardB
10-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Does anybody who plays Rainbow Six Vegas have the Logitech MX Revolution? I like the mouse a lot, but I have a problem with Rainbow Six Vegas. MOUSE3 doesn't work for zooming (or anything else for that matter). It works in every other program, including Doom 3, so I know it's not the mouse, but Rainbow Six Vegas. Does anyone know a work-around or a way to fix this? If not, what do the pro gamers out there recommend as an alternative key for zooming? I've been using Caps Lock, but it's terrible.

Thanks,
Gerard

G-RardB
10-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Does anybody who plays Rainbow Six Vegas have the Logitech MX Revolution? I like the mouse a lot, but I have a problem with Rainbow Six Vegas. MOUSE3 doesn't work for zooming (or anything else for that matter). It works in every other program, including Doom 3, so I know it's not the mouse, but Rainbow Six Vegas. Does anyone know a work-around or a way to fix this? If not, what do the pro gamers out there recommend as an alternative key for zooming? I've been using Caps Lock, but it's terrible.

Thanks,
Gerard

Mr.Hanky2005
10-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Moved to Rainbow Six: PC forums

G-RardB
10-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. I just found this forum and posted a topic, I wasn't really paying attention.

athenian
10-08-2007, 01:02 AM
I use L-Shift for scope. Unfortunately Vegas can only utilize 3 mouse buttons (0,1,2) without any help. Guess this is remnants of porting from a console that uses only controllers. You can use the Logitech mouse software to have the mouse button emulate a keyboard key if you want.

X-Fusion.uk
10-08-2007, 04:26 AM
I have an MX Revolution, however I use modified drivers to remap every single control on my mouse. I use a program called uberOptions with setpoint 3.10. The reason why I don't update my drivers to the latest version, is that Logitech seems to have screwed over the sensitivity for the mice ever since 3.30 was introduced. Right now I have the immediate thumb button mapped as scroll lock, or my Ventrilo Push-To-Talk key, and the thumb button just behind it as MB3, or the middle mouse button. Hope this has helped at all.

G-RardB
10-08-2007, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X-Fusion.uk:
I have an MX Revolution, however I use modified drivers to remap every single control on my mouse. I use a program called uberOptions with setpoint 3.10. The reason why I don't update my drivers to the latest version, is that Logitech seems to have screwed over the sensitivity for the mice ever since 3.30 was introduced. Right now I have the immediate thumb button mapped as scroll lock, or my Ventrilo Push-To-Talk key, and the thumb button just behind it as MB3, or the middle mouse button. Hope this has helped at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I downloaded uberOptions and it works like a charm. It fixed my problem. Thanks a lot, man.

phatzoha
10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
i use the g5 logitech, and changed my zoom to "z" #4 and #5 do not work w/ r6v

Goobers_
10-08-2007, 04:55 PM
are you using vista?

try changing the shortcut from R6Vegas_Launcher.exe to R6Vegas_Game.exe

for whatever reason the setpoint isn't properly picking up the switch from the launcher (which requires admin) to the game (doesn't require admin).

at least, that was how it was for me and my G7.

X-Fusion.uk
10-08-2007, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G-RardB:
I downloaded uberOptions and it works like a charm. It fixed my problem. Thanks a lot, man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries budd, glad I helped. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif