PDA

View Full Version : Career difficulty settings?

venquessa
01-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Is the career difficulty setting purely realism settings or does it ramp up the AI aggressiveness and aim etc?

After upgrading to 1.5 and TMO 1.6.2 I had to restart my career as the save games wouldn't load again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I thought this time I would start with realistic and turn off some of the realism settings to suit me.

My first outing to the marshal islands and I was sunk without a contact even being spotted. I didn't hit an island, so I assume it was a plane that my very green crew failed to spot, it was fairly bad weather and to be honest, fairly unrealistic to have a plane flying in 15 m/s winds, heavy fog at night!

I restarted the patrol and this time got to the marshal islands. My radar spotted 2 planes inbound and I immediately hit dive, but both planes dropped on me and both got perfect hits, I mean PERFECT hits. I went from no damage to death cam in 10 seconds.

MWolfe1963
01-10-2009, 02:53 AM
WIth no contacts..near those island did you check and make sure you didn't hit a reef. I lost my ship once near there and first look it didn't appear to have hit ground, but looking close I did, it was just not showing.

I know there are some sub nets in places, but I don't think they will destroy your sub, I've only run into one.

The planes are much tougher....Shouldn't happen often like that. I got hit at 150 foot by a plane. It's best to dive below periscope depth if they're going to cross you direct path.