PDA

View Full Version : What have they done?!? (negative)

qweasd1986
05-24-2006, 02:59 PM
How?!!
How could they screw such a good serie like this?
Wy doe the camera rotates, theres never been any need of that before.
How do I separeate my units? Must I really play without separating them??? WHAT THE HELL!!!
Maybe i'll get to like it, but the cartoony WoW style graphics takes the seriousness away. Icant believe it...

qweasd1986
05-24-2006, 02:59 PM
How?!!
How do I separeate my units? Must I really play without separating them??? WHAT THE HELL!!!
Maybe i'll get to like it, but the cartoony WoW style graphics takes the seriousness away. Icant believe it...

lk002
05-24-2006, 03:10 PM
hahahah .. is this a joke ?

It's 3D you need to rotate.

Use shift + drag for splitting army.

cartoony graphics ?? Have you even played the previous titles ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Manglorian
05-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Why havn't you read the forums more thuroughly before asking questions?

Ok... so I do understand your feelings. I feel more and more negative about the game when I keep finding irritating things that should have been seen to but still I like it.

The camera moves because the game is in 3d. Why make a game in 3d where you can't move the camera? Now, I understand what you are saying here as well. In Warcraft 3 for example you can rotate the camera... but no one does because it screws up you orientation of things. For homm5 I would have wanted a "reset" camera which would snap it to a good angle.

You can split troops. They even gice you a tip for that... in map 4 i think of the Haven campaign. Just hold down SHIFT and left-click and drag with your mouse to an empty spot. This is one of the things I get irritated at when playing the game. If feels unfinished.

And the graphics is just a subjective view. I like the graphics. It's probably the best IMO of the whole series.

RooksGambit
05-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Holy crazy posts Batman!

Did you do no research before buying this? I know it has purrrty cover art, but come on! Next time look at screenshot, read a preview, watch a video...Think before you buy!

Sorry about the negative reply, not a great way to start a forum account but I get so upset at silliness (and yes, that means when I'm online I'm upset a lot :P ).

Cironir
05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wy doe the camera rotates, theres never been any need of that before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is one of the features I like, and it makes for a more immersive experiene. And you can split units like in all other (strategy) games, HoMM5 uses the standard method.

My beef is the dubious AI. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (I sound like a broken record.)

Manglorian
05-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Hm, now that I come to think of it, it is the WAIT command in combat that they give a tip on in the 4th map I believe. To make a stack wait in combat simply hit the w key on your keyboard.

That is also one of the irritating little unfinished things in the game.

All-Devourer
05-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Where is Infiltrator SF when you need him XD

*Cough* Awsome thread *Cough*

simon_cowell
05-24-2006, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by qweasd1986:
Wy doe the camera rotates
QUOTE]

Well without moving and rotating the camera how can you zoom in to see all those triangles and the spots of different colors? HOW I ASK YOU?
Don't tell me you dont want to see the triangles!

squigy999
05-24-2006, 08:39 PM
well at least there is a heroes V.....

Vision_ToL
05-24-2006, 10:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qweasd1986:
How?!!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like others said, its 3D. Rotation is required in 3D games (as an aside, press the HOME key to snap back to default view... the other keys there are good to use too like pgup and pgdown)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qweasd1986:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, like others said (and like EVERY other Heroes game that has had it) SHIFT+DRAG to separate units

Maybe i'll get to like it, but the cartoony WoW style graphics takes the seriousness away. Icant believe it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. Played Heroes 2? Heroes 3?

Val-Gaav
05-25-2006, 01:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vision_ToL:
Like others said, its 3D. Rotation is required in 3D games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it should not be requirted ... It should be an option (at least in strategy 3d games)

u want to rotate to see the great graphics you do it ....
You want to just play ? u do not rotate still u can play and see everything .... This hommmV lacks.

Zamolxis108
05-25-2006, 02:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by All-Devourer:
Where is Infiltrator SF when you need him XD

*Cough* Awsome thread *Cough* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*Cough* mhm *Cough* :P

Bandobras_Took
05-25-2006, 07:34 AM
How?!!
Maybe i'll get to like it, but the cartoony WoW style graphics takes the seriousness away. Icant believe it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a more pertinent question:

Why should Ubi bother to give any better documentation when nobody seems to read the instruction manual in the first place?

On page 14, under the heading (in big bold letters, I might add) "Relocating, Splitting, and Merging Stacks:"

"To split a stack, hold the Shift key, click on the stack you wish to split, and drag it to the destination slot."

On page 40, under "Camera Management:"

"Home: Default Camera."

vryce1982
05-25-2006, 07:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vision_ToL:
[QUOTE]

LOL. Played Heroes 2? Heroes 3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, we are in 2006 not in 1995...tech suould be improved, is not that if in 2006 a thing appeared in a way cause tech didn't allowed something better, we must stuck at 1995 graphic....

Cartoon stile is not the best ok, but anyway is not so bad, is not so cartoon...i've seen worst

KingAlamar
05-25-2006, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bandobras_Took:
How?!!
... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a more pertinent question:

Why should Ubi bother to give any better documentation when nobody seems to read the instruction manual in the first place?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm ... you are assuming this person:

A. Isn't a troll
B. Has the documentation

I'm pretty sure at least one of the above isn't true.

Secret_Holder
05-25-2006, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wy doe the camera rotates, theres never been any need of that before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, maybe that was because those games weren't fully rendered in 3D, as this game is.

qweasd1986
05-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Ok, I guess you don't get my point, but maybe was I...upset when I wrote it.
I've played through ALL the heroes of might and magic serie, and most of the expensions. I've played every senario and custum map on every title. I know what a typical heroes of might and magic is, and this game is not.
Of all the persons who wrote back to me, only Manglorian answered without being a *******s.

Graphics can be beautiful, even if its not in 3D! When I play HOMM V, I feel like i'm playing WoW. If i want to play Wow i'll play Wow for f*ck sake.

Also, some things that were good on HOMM IV were removed, like the possibility to load/save during a battle.

I know its been a lot so far, but does the map scrolling had to be soooo sloooow?!? Is that something i can see on screenshots?(shut up rooksgambit)
I bought this game because its a HOMM, of course I watched the damn movies and screen shots.
I just think that most of the things that were appealing to me in classic HOMM are gone.
I liked it when I could play for a little 15 min before scool ansd work, but now its too damn slow, not to mention that the graphics reminds me of the old mikey mouse cartoons.

Sorry if I took long, i'll probably come to like it, just as the others, but it feels like they screwed it.

Jolly-Joker
05-25-2006, 09:32 AM
It simply looks that your pc can't handle it. Did you reduce graphic detail and stuff? What about resolution? The game is not slow for me, that's for sure.

All-Devourer
05-25-2006, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Of all the persons who wrote back to me, only Manglorian answered without being a *******s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

******* topic deserves ******* answers :P

Seriously when you posted this you kinda asked for it:
"How?!!
Maybe i'll get to like it, but the cartoony WoW style graphics takes the seriousness away. Icant believe it..."

Ohh and Cartooney Wow style? Homm 1, 2 and 4 had lots of cartonish looks. Just because Homm 5 is cartonish donsnt make it Wow.

Oakwarrior
05-25-2006, 09:52 AM
IMHO, every part of the series had an extremely cartoonish look. Though H3 was quite close to being non-cartoony. But not totalloy.

God_2.0
05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Of course, this is only a matter of opinion. Personally, I think the graphics are great. All the units look good, even the typical "boring" ones like familiars and gargoyles.

This is just the opposite of Heroes 4, where all units except bandits, efreets, and vampires looked horrible, so good going, Nival.

galahdin
05-25-2006, 02:21 PM
i agree with post starter and i cannot make myself like this game they are always trying to make things better but screw it up bad in the process eg.Homm4 i feel sorry to ever called it a bad heroes that one was still good compared to this mouse scrolling just to find a bloody creature dwelling the scrolling sucks and thats the bottom line

fawe4
05-25-2006, 02:29 PM
"Also, some things that were good on HOMM IV were removed, like the possibility to load/save during a battle."

Is it only me or are the majority of people who hates 5, ones who liked 4? Like that save/load, overpowered necros...

Nordicas
08-14-2007, 03:42 PM
I can nothing more than to agree with qweasd1986. The game is sort of slow because of it's detail is taking alot of the computer's CPU-use. And even if it's going a little smoother I don't really like that there is only about half the fortifications like in HOMM 2 and 3. But they should really make abit more of updates when it comes to the graphic and on the game resulotion. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
08-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Why are you responding to a post from May of 2006? *puzzled*

Normandy09
08-14-2007, 08:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
Why are you responding to a post from May of 2006? *puzzled* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Man I hadnt seen that, I was just about to post an angry reply to the OP, I hate it when people come to a games forum just to cry on and on about the game.

nevermindspy
08-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Ok, I guess you don't get my point, but maybe was I...upset when I wrote it.
I've played through ALL the heroes of might and magic serie, and most of the expensions. I've played every senario and custum map on every title. I know what a typical heroes of might and magic is, and this game is not.
Of all the persons who wrote back to me, only Manglorian answered without being a *******s.

Graphics can be beautiful, even if its not in 3D! When I play HOMM V, I feel like i'm playing WoW. If i want to play Wow i'll play Wow for f*ck sake.

Also, some things that were good on HOMM IV were removed, like the possibility to load/save during a battle.

I know its been a lot so far, but does the map scrolling had to be soooo sloooow?!? Is that something i can see on screenshots?(shut up rooksgambit)
I bought this game because its a HOMM, of course I watched the damn movies and screen shots.
I just think that most of the things that were appealing to me in classic HOMM are gone.
I liked it when I could play for a little 15 min before scool ansd work, but now its too damn slow, not to mention that the graphics reminds me of the old mikey mouse cartoons.

Sorry if I took long, i'll probably come to like it, just as the others, but it feels like they screwed it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny i played most all series too but i think different from you ,
Actually you know what? i Thought EXACLTY like you when i first seen the game , That was a while ago and my openion of the game changed drasticly.

My point is , What you saying isn't true its just how you see things , - the rotating , AWESOME THING but its a skill so at first its hard to use but when u learn how to its awesome..

The graphics - Again its different from the series its not bad once you get used to it you won't think its cartoonish.

The slow problem? I myself am a speed freak and whats good about homm5 its highly customizable.
They are many features that can help speed drasticly you are not aware of , I agree they should set some of them different by themselfs but if u spent some time learning them you would improve your game experience 180 degrees.

Anyway if you need help in that regard private msg me.

Just saying most things are caused because in human nature adjusting to new things is not easy , If you can understand that and give homm the chance it deserve you will gain a very good game , If not your lose :P

jazzmail
08-15-2007, 02:42 AM
There's alot of things that could have been done better in Homm5.
If all people can up with is 3D, cartoonish gfx and no save function during combat, they're just looking too hard and not playing enough.

The OP would make a fine game reviewer at IGN or something.

Dendroid_Arch
08-15-2007, 03:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Normandy09:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s:
Why are you responding to a post from May of 2006? *puzzled* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Man I hadnt seen that, I was just about to post an angry reply to the OP, I hate it when people come to a games forum just to cry on and on about the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Edo_555
08-15-2007, 06:56 AM
How?!!
How do I separeate my units? Must I really play without separating them??? WHAT THE HELL!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lk002:
Use shift + drag for splitting army.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They should be made icon for splitting units. More easy, and good for newbies.