PDA

View Full Version : chaos theory question?

darkdoom01
01-08-2005, 11:24 AM
anyone know or have any thoughts on , if we will be able to "f5" or if there will be pre designated check points in scct? Can't find any info on this.

darkdoom01
01-08-2005, 11:24 AM
anyone know or have any thoughts on , if we will be able to "f5" or if there will be pre designated check points in scct? Can't find any info on this.

FXH Reaper
01-08-2005, 11:26 AM
i cant rember but i think we can chose when to save but i could be wrong

Flamin47
01-08-2005, 11:27 AM
All I know is that in the campaign, you can save whenever you want, wherever you are, there are no checkpoints

darkdoom01
01-08-2005, 11:32 AM
cool, i dont need f5 anymore, for the first 2,but it helped the first time around.

singz6
01-08-2005, 11:34 AM
I hope you cant save anywhere, the check points makes you use much more strategy and makes the game much harder.

FXH Reaper
01-08-2005, 11:37 AM
im glad they have it so you can save when ever you want cause i dont know how mant=y times i would go through the level and not save so it was a waste of time waiting for it to load

ShadowsofChaos
01-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I like when they had the automated checkpoints, that way I know when something hard is coming up. But, I suppose this is good too.

ChaosTheory13
01-08-2005, 05:50 PM
they took out the checkpoints because whenever you have a checkpoint it always tells you something big is coming up.now you dont know that.i figure that i will be saving every 20 minutes,because i dont know if some guard is gonna pop out and blast me or something.

silentassasin05
01-08-2005, 05:55 PM
im glad they took the checkpoints out.i will be going through it with no saves.this game is as close as its gonna get to the real world and in the real world you only get one chance.

TheBrokenDog
01-08-2005, 09:09 PM
They probably took out checkpoints because the levels simply aren't designed in a manner where they even CAN setup checkpoints. Short of completing objectives, my bet, after comparing a few videos, is that there are just so many alternitives, even ones which can be developed by the players themselves, that setting up checkpoints is just not feasible. Think of a house. You can walk all the way around it. You can go in any of the doors. Now you're Sam Fisher. You can go in all of the windows... you can probably even climb the drain pipe, and access the attic through the ventilation fan. Who knows who's house this is. Maybe there's a crawl space, and in a far corner there is a trap door into a corner room. Though they all get you inside the building, none place you in the same location. Setting up checkpoints as soon as the player enters the house seems like a pain in the ***. Scale this kind of gameplay up, and all of a sudden you're having to setup tons of checkpoints, which could overlap, or simply be entirely imbalanced in multiple places. Compound this with the potential for backtracking, which is a fairly new concept for SC, and everything could just get messy. Considering allowing the player to save whenever on the PC, on top of checkpoints, and the checkpoints simply became redundant, AND broke continuety. This is the first I've heard of checkpoints being removed, and I'm thankful.

bozibozic
01-08-2005, 10:29 PM
I am pretty sure that you are able to quick save. If you look at the end of one of the vids where you see the statistics screen, it includes how many continues and how many saves that you used. Obviously the less you do the better youre stats are. But it also helps the n00bs.

ChaosTheory13
01-08-2005, 10:39 PM
since you just said news.im gonna tell yal something that ubi said.they said that the newbies will have to save often because the game will be pretty hard for them.

bozibozic
01-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Well SC1 WAS hard for me but now it isnt. I just hope that it is hard for the vets aswell. They also said that in SCPT if you kept stuffing up the NPC would go a lil easier on you for stealth muckups but that didnt happen.

ChaosTheory13
01-08-2005, 11:01 PM
sc1 was hard for us because it was the first time we ever played the game.

The_Hazard
01-09-2005, 04:45 AM
How was the saving system for the xbox for the SC1/SC2. Could you also save whenever u want (I've never seen that on a console before)

FXH Reaper
01-09-2005, 07:10 AM
no the consols were set save areas

The_Hazard
01-09-2005, 07:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SILLENTASSAULT:
no the consols were set save areas <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, SCCT probably also have checkpoints http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.
****, i hate that!

SplinterSam1169
01-09-2005, 09:18 AM
No, ubi has confirmed that there you will be able to save whenever or wherever you want to. No checkpoint saves.

singz6
01-09-2005, 09:44 AM
In TC's ghost recon 2 you have to save whenever you want, and if you dont, you will NEVER beat the game the first time through(probably not the second, either) Trust me guys, this will increase the replayability too, we will always be trying to beat an entire level without saving. Remember, the levels will be longer... and harder

TheBrokenDog
01-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Good point, singz. Hitman's difficulty scaled how many saves you were alloted, which in turn affected how many times you played the game. Provided save count only effects ratings in CT, it should still greatly improve how replayable the game is, as we try for that 100%... hell, or at least 100% without the use of saves.

scubibia
01-09-2005, 12:56 PM
think it is the same as sc 1&2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif