PDA

View Full Version : Altair is not Immortal

dchil279
12-16-2010, 02:39 PM
He's just not. If this is in your 'theory' as to what to make of the ending of AC:B or AC in general you're wrong. I know the last codex page hints that he looked at the apple again, but it didn't make him immortal. If Ubi puts that in the game I would Never play AC again.

sandmanssorrow
12-16-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm sure Ubi won't do that, not now that you, the almighty dchil279 has spoken out against it. They wouldn't dare.

xcamthemandudex
12-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I've never even heard of that theory...

E-Zekiel
12-16-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't really think there has been anything to disprove it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is, but I do find his last codex entry, as well as the one where he ponders certain people in history/mythos all being the same person living through the ages with their life extended using pieces of Eden, to be compelling.

dchil279
12-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by xcamthemandudex:
then you don't read many threads

dchil279
12-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
I'm sure Ubi won't do that, not now that you, the almighty dchil279 has spoken out against it. They wouldn't dare.
Ha

xcamthemandudex
12-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xcamthemandudex:
then you don't read many threads </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh, I ten to stray away from "theory" threads.

dchil279
12-16-2010, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xcamthemandudex:

Eh, I ten to stray away from "theory" threads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wish I could too b/c theories like this are very stupid

gutarjunky
12-16-2010, 07:01 PM
wha what?!?! there are theories that he is alive!?!?!?!? lol no he is way dead FACT!! the apple can't make anyone immortal if that were true then he would be fighting al-meulem for eternity

xcamthemandudex
12-16-2010, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:

I wish I could too b/c theories like this are very stupid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did discover a worse theory: "Altiar is Desmond."

dchil279
12-16-2010, 07:21 PM

I did discover a worse theory: "Altiar is Desmond." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
worse, yes. but for some reason the 'Altair is immortal' theory is more contagious

sandmanssorrow
12-16-2010, 07:24 PM
[I did discover a worse theory: "Altiar is Desmond."[/QUOTE]
worse, yes. but for some reason the 'Altair is immortal' theory is more contagious[/QUOTE]]

Okay, you just redeemed yourself a little, that my friend is interesting and highly possible. Why he wouldn't remember who is I don't know but yeah, nice one.
Shame that you won't get to play it if it is the case though since you HATE the idea of Altair being immortal.

X10J
12-16-2010, 08:51 PM

worse, yes. but for some reason the 'Altair is immortal' theory is more contagious </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actualy I think that the "Altair is Desmond" idea is mostly a sub-theory of the "Altair is immortal" theory.

dchil279
12-16-2010, 09:00 PM
[I did discover a worse theory: "Altiar is Desmond."
worse, yes. but for some reason the 'Altair is immortal' theory is more contagious[/QUOTE]]

[/QUOTE]Okay, you just redeemed yourself a little, that my friend is interesting and highly possible. Why he wouldn't remember who is I don't know but yeah, nice one.
Shame that you won't get to play it if it is the case though since you HATE the idea of Altair being immortal.[/QUOTE]

__okay you are actually an idiot now.

coryplayspiano
12-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I once doubted this theory too, but after reading The Fall #2 and seeing Subject 16 alive inside the Animus, I think it's possible that his consciousness is alive like Subject 16. Not definite, but possible. The last codex entry even hints at it:

Soon I shall pass from this world. It is my time. All the hours of the day are now colored by the thoughts and fears borne of this realization. I know that the elements of my body will return to the Earth. But what of my consciousness? My identity? That is to say - what of ME? I suspect it will end. That there is no next world. Nor a return to this one. It will simply be done. Forever.

This isn't hinting that his body lived on, but his soul. It is definitely out there, but so is Subject 16 still being alive. Which they haven't explained yet, either.

sandmanssorrow
12-16-2010, 09:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
Okay, you just redeemed yourself a little, that my friend is interesting and highly possible. Why he wouldn't remember who is I don't know but yeah, nice one.
Shame that you won't get to play it if it is the case though since you HATE the idea of Altair being immortal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

__okay you are actually an idiot now.[/QUOTE]

And you are a n"cough"erd.

MinerVAX09
12-16-2010, 09:37 PM
If Altair IS Immortal, then he would still be alive today...

EmperorxZurg
12-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by MinerVAX09:

that's sort of what being IMMORTAL means -_-

TheRighteousOne
12-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MinerVAX09:

that's sort of what being IMMORTAL means -_- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think what he is trying to say is that the theory relates to Altair still being alive in Ezio's time, but pointing out he would still be alive in Desmonds as well. Why did you have to point this out? Now there will be "Altair is Ezio is Desmond" theories. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

soccerblaze77
12-17-2010, 09:00 AM

soccerblaze77
12-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by TheRighteousOne:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MinerVAX09:

that's sort of what being IMMORTAL means -_- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think what he is trying to say is that the theory relates to Altair still being alive in Ezio's time, but pointing out he would still be alive in Desmonds as well. Why did you have to point this out? Now there will be "Altair is Ezio is Desmond" theories. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ZCherub
12-17-2010, 09:05 AM
The apple affects peoples perception, not the mortality of the user.

Quak0r01
12-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

that's sort of what being IMMORTAL means -_- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I respectfully disagree because people die when they are killed.

ammett
12-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Why are you so against the idea! I figure if the apple can take life so easily surely it can give it. . .

SAVMATIC
12-17-2010, 09:34 AM
actually guys, the soul can be immortal(and very much still "alive") even without a physical body, as we have seen with 16. This may very well also be the case with Altair.

SAVMATIC
12-17-2010, 09:37 AM
subject 16 may have sacrificed his physical body fully knowing that he would somehow survive.

Charlie_Romeo
12-17-2010, 11:34 AM
he could not be immortal/desmond, if so how would Ezios' DNA be within Altairs? As Ezio was born after Altair then this could not possibly be the case.

dchil279
12-17-2010, 03:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
Shame that you won't get to play it if it is the case though since you HATE the idea of Altair being immortal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

__okay you are actually an idiot now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you are a n"cough"erd.[/QUOTE]

good comeback

Scadey
12-17-2010, 05:04 PM

if you discovered this on the xbox forums, it was actually a classmate of mine from college who came up with this theory, he also came up with altair is La Volpe, he reads wayyy too much into th game and comes up with crackpot theories

coryplayspiano
12-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
he could not be immortal/desmond, if so how would Ezios' DNA be within Altairs? As Ezio was born after Altair then this could not possibly be the case.

How is Ezio's DNA within Altair's? Desmond's DNA includes genetic memories from Altair and Ezio up to the point that each one conceived the child that went on to form Desmond's ancestry. Ezio's DNA contains the same memories from Altair as Desmond's because they're both descended from the child seen conceived in AC2 with Maria.

Altair passed on his DNA when he conceived the child that led to Ezio and then Desmond. We know he continued to live after that because that's when he wrote much of the Codex. He could live forever after that and it wouldn't matter, because he'd already passed on his genetic memories.

AubreyWilborn
12-18-2010, 09:14 AM
I posted my theory on here months ago, that La Volpe is actually Altair.

Now, since I'm a PC gamer I don't know what La Volpe does in ACB(don't spoil anything for me, plz). But going off of what we find out about him in AC2, La Volpe very well could be Altair. He is believed to be immortal, and he has some sort of "super-vision", that may well be Eagle Vision.

dchil279
12-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

Now, since I'm a PC gamer I don't know what La Volpe does in ACB(don't spoil anything for me, plz). But going off of what we find out about him in AC2, La Volpe very well could be Altair. He is believed to be immortal, and he has some sort of "super-vision", that may well be Eagle Vision.

-Any Hybrid can have Eagle vision, not just Altair and Ezio's Lineage
-The immortal thing is just a myth
-If Altair was alive, don't you think he would be doing more important things than being a thief?

AubreyWilborn
12-18-2010, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

-If Altair was alive, don't you think he would be doing more important things than being a thief? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-If that were true, how come none of Ezio's brothers, nor his father, had Eagle Vision?

-Says who?

-Not necessarily. On one hand, La Volpe IS more than "just a theif"-he's a prominent assassin. On the other hand, if you were a 200 year old member of a secret society-would you flaunt it, or would you lay low?

LightRey
12-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Altair's dead. The apple can't keep people alive, else TWCB would still be alive and no, they're not. The holographic images you can see are messages they left behind. They were simply able to respond to questions etc. because they apparently had the ability (either through their tech and/or their superior version of eagle vision) to predict what was going to happen.

dchil279
12-18-2010, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

-If Altair was alive, don't you think he would be doing more important things than being a thief? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-If that were true, how come none of Ezio's brothers, nor his father, had Eagle Vision?

-Says who?

-Not necessarily. On one hand, La Volpe IS more than "just a theif"-he's a prominent assassin. On the other hand, if you were a 200 year old member of a secret society-would you flaunt it, or would you lay low? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-my point was that not just the Altair-Ezio lineage has Eagle Vision, but all hybrids, but you are challenging that even some in the Altair-Ezio Lineage don't have it, correct?

-My opinion, but no facts proving the other side either

-I would lay low, but not as low as La Volpe

LightRey
12-18-2010, 05:13 PM

-Says who?

-Not necessarily. On one hand, La Volpe IS more than "just a theif"-he's a prominent assassin. On the other hand, if you were a 200 year old member of a secret society-would you flaunt it, or would you lay low? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-How do you know

-I would lay low, but not as low as La Volpe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would also like to add something to that first point. Ezio's father actually seemed to have known about at least Ezio's eagle vision and how it worked, since he tells him "use your talent" (in relation to finding the hidden doorway in his house) when he's in jail.

Scadey
12-19-2010, 09:02 AM

Altair can't be La Volpe for two obvious reasons, La Volpe is Italian, Altair is Syrian and Altair and La volpe bear no resemblance to one another

LightRey
12-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by iTzScadey:

Altair can't be La Volpe for two obvious reasons, La Volpe is Italian, Altair is Syrian and Altair and La volpe bear no resemblance to one another </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
also, La Volpe is not nearly as enlightened as Altair had become at the end of AC1.

Scadey
12-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iTzScadey:

Altair can't be La Volpe for two obvious reasons, La Volpe is Italian, Altair is Syrian and Altair and La volpe bear no resemblance to one another </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
also, La Volpe is not nearly as enlightened as Altair had become at the end of AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
another good reason

gutarjunky
12-19-2010, 04:41 PM
you conspiracy theorists are all the same blowing crap out of proportion. DEAD D.E.A.D if he were alive don't you think the game would hint to that? but it doesn't the evidence you have is a codex page that hints to him dyeing
and the game never said the apple can give eternal life. NEVER!

DEAD ALITAR IS DEAD D.E.A.D
DEE EEE AY D dead

so shut up

LightRey
12-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by gutarjunky:
you conspiracy theorists are all the same blowing crap out of proportion. DEAD D.E.A.D if he were alive don't you think the game would hint to that? but it doesn't the evidence you have is a codex page that hints to him dyeing

DEE EEE AY D dead

so shut up
In fact, the game actually implies that TWCB had no means to live eternally. Stating that they didn't have the means to store life away.

AubreyWilborn
12-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by gutarjunky:

DEE EEE AY D dead

so shut up

Really, dude? THIS WHOLE GAME SERIES IS BUILT ON CONSPIRACY THEORIES! So, forgive us for adding in more conspiracy stuff.

AubreyWilborn
12-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:

-Says who?

-How do you know

-I would lay low, but not as low as La Volpe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would also like to add something to that first point. Ezio's father actually seemed to have known about at least Ezio's eagle vision and how it worked, since he tells him "use your talent" (in relation to finding the hidden doorway in his house) when he's in jail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giovanni's AWARE of Ezio's Eagle vision. But that doesn't mean he has it. Apparently, not even all of Altair's descendants have Eagle Vision.

AubreyWilborn
12-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by iTzScadey:

If he were immortal, Altair could have easily moved to Italy. That's an obvious conclusion. It's actually a historical fact that people from the Middle East did move to Italy and other parts of the Mediterranean throughout the Middle Ages.

Also-we never really know what Altair looks like. The animus projects Desmond's likeness of Altair, in order to indicate resembalnce. Altair could have looked like anything.

F4H bandicoot
12-21-2010, 09:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iTzScadey:

If he were immortal, Altair could have easily moved to Italy. That's an obvious conclusion. It's actually a historical fact that people from the Middle East did move to Italy and other parts of the Mediterranean throughout the Middle Ages.

Also-we never really know what Altair looks like. The animus projects Desmond's likeness of Altair, in order to indicate resembalnce. Altair could have looked like anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
la volpe=italian accent
Altair= no accent really

De4th18
12-21-2010, 10:00 AM
The Shroud, which is a Piece of Eden, is said to be able to ressurect the dead. In theory... He could wear the shroud on him at all times to be able to come back if he were to die. That would mean eternal life... But it doesn't stop the aging process.