PDA

View Full Version : Respawning in matches

PsychoCycloneX
07-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Don't know if this has even been brought up, but here goes. So, I was playing the UC 3 MP beta (don't worry I still love AC) and they have a new feature that allows you the option of respawning next to your teammate. I thought this was awesome and am suggesting that Ubisoft incorporates it into the Revelations multiplayer. It would only be for team modes not for single player modes. Let me know what you think of this idea.

Jack-Reacher
07-10-2011, 09:21 PM
I think the game already has more weighting around team mates. More often than note I will spawn very close to a team mate instead of halfway across the map, so it must have some coding to make it do that if its more than 50% of the time.

PsychoCycloneX
07-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Oh I forgot to mention that it will NOT let you respawn if your teammate is in the middle of combat(assassinating the other team, getting stunned or dying).

PlasticAssasin8
07-10-2011, 10:39 PM
In the last few days it's been pure dumb luck that ive spawned near a team mate. Mostly it's been just near where i was killed even if on my own

najzere
07-11-2011, 12:38 AM
If they have that level of sophistication in spawn points, I would satisfied if they just didn't spawn me right on top of my pursuer in Wanted.

PsychoCycloneX
07-11-2011, 01:03 AM
That's why I brought this up. It's cause a lot of people have complained that they've been spawning near or right next to their pursuers. One matched I spawned into my own death animation and was furious. Like I said it's just a suggestion, we'll see what happens.

weeklydose
07-11-2011, 04:37 AM
It happens a lot on smaller maps. I've had Wanted matches in Siena where I spawned with three pursuers running at me from different directions, I've had Manhunt matches on the Castel where I spawned right in front of a pursuer and I'd say about half the time in Wanted, I spawn to the ever-loving sound of whispers.

I understand it's hard for the spawn system to keep track of where each player is and in what direction he is running (and at what speed)... but I'd be happy to just not spawn in LOS of my pursuer, because that usually means they saw you spawn and have you at a serious disadvantage.

protesticle
07-11-2011, 08:48 AM
I would love how it would impact on the team base aspect of say manhunt. Issues however.

1. Easy Boosting.
2. Respawn during combat?
3. What defines combat?
4. Dropping smoke bomb as soon as you spawn on team mate that is about to die to save them.
5. Does it include Y/Triangle Desynch?

Perhaps You can spawn by a team mate but you do not have your abilities for 5 seconds on defense.

BigBalledEagle
07-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I don't think it would necessarily be a good idea to spawn next to your teammates. If you do, then sometimes you may all be welcomed to the game with an offensive smoke. You will then likely either be poisoned or killed from a haybale.

weeklydose
07-11-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm pretty sure Ubisoft gave it a lot of thought and decided not to spawn a player right next to his teammates during team matches. That would lend itself to all kinds of abuse.

I've noticed that when two players die shortly after each other, they usually spawn close together again... but always away from where the action is. It's probably best that way.

PsychoCycloneX
07-11-2011, 12:03 PM
@protesticle No, not like that at all. Combat is defined as assassinating the other team, getting stunned or dying. I think in Revelations they are going to introduce a way to save your teammate as seen in the E3 multiplayer demos when your teammate lands on his knees, not laying flat on the ground.

Let me clarify, the respawn OPTION will NOT allow you to respawn in the middle of your teammate's combat. It would have to be out of the line of sight of your targets or pursuers. Remember its an option, not forced.

kylebisme
07-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by najzere:
I would satisfied if they just didn't spawn me right on top of my pursuer in Wanted.
Getting spawned with your pursuer right on top of you is even worse. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Also, just today I spawned right in front of my target at the beginning of a Wanted game, getting first blood in the first second, and the guy I killed promptly rage quit.

As for spawning near teammates, I think it should be automatic when the situation permits.

Kramerisgamer
07-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I noticed in Chest capture that you always spawn very close to a teammate, which is great for coordinating attacks on the chest area.

SleezeRocker
07-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by kingjp24:
So, I was playing the UC 3 MP beta (don't worry I still love AC)

As do I :P

I think it's fine as is.
Only modesl ike wanted, need more work since I too have been spawning near/onto my death and disses me off....especially when im in the lead by like 400pts and I I get spawnedk illed nad lose on last second or two T_T lol

Serrachio
07-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by kingjp24:
@protesticle No, not like that at all. Combat is defined as assassinating the other team, getting stunned or dying. I think in Revelations they are going to introduce a way to save your teammate as seen in the E3 multiplayer demos when your teammate lands on his knees, not laying flat on the ground.

That is for stunned teammates, not players who have died. I assume that's what you mean.

It allows a team member to come and 'revive' a stunned teammate, so that players can help them out before they run off towards their targets instead of having to leave them behind.

PsychoCycloneX
07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
@ Serrachio You are correct, that was my mistake. I've had too many dreams where I come back from the dead, lol.

Ritzy-Cat
07-11-2011, 06:03 PM
It's not really the best idea for ACB because it only takes the push of a button to kill you. If you spawn in the face of your pursuers you're done for.

najzere
07-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Playing 1v1 Manhunt, I've recently had the unpleasant experience of finding out how ACB does spawning. Apparently the list of spawn points is in a queue and as each death comes in, that person is given the next spawn point in the list. Playing the game normally you'd likely never notice this, as who can keep track of five to seven other players in Wanted and when they are dying and where they are spawning? Or the same in Manhunt or any other mode?

In 1v1 however, if someone has learned all the spawn points and their order and the map is small enough, it's actually possible to get there first and kill their target before they're done spawning. So if you've ever spawned after being killed and your pursuer is very close, it's because the spawn system is too simple to check for your pursuer's location and put you on the farthest spawn point.

Really hope they at least randomize spawn points in ACR.

Kytr
07-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Actually it would be really nice if they didn't assign you to a hunter until after you are spawned. That would alleviate most of the spawning issues.