PDA

View Full Version : Why do you people keep putting revenge on?

Raakile91
11-04-2005, 07:39 AM
I myself can't understand why would people put revenge on when it doesn't do any good. A player can still leave if the revenge is on right after the match starts and if you're a fair player, you might forgot to notice that revenge is on and you're about to change your equipment in lobby before the round. But then the match starts and you need to tell the host back to lobby. Of course revenge works with ranked matches when they lose points if they don't play the round (exept if you see the green screen in revenge before the match starts where you see the players names and scores and don't click accept) but in free server it's stupid IMO.

Raakile91
11-04-2005, 07:39 AM
I myself can't understand why would people put revenge on when it doesn't do any good. A player can still leave if the revenge is on right after the match starts and if you're a fair player, you might forgot to notice that revenge is on and you're about to change your equipment in lobby before the round. But then the match starts and you need to tell the host back to lobby. Of course revenge works with ranked matches when they lose points if they don't play the round (exept if you see the green screen in revenge before the match starts where you see the players names and scores and don't click accept) but in free server it's stupid IMO.

element54
11-04-2005, 07:46 AM
well why not just choose the equipment before the match starts all together. i can easily choose my spy equipment ......and my merc equipment at the same time before the match.

Raakile91
11-04-2005, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by element54:
well why not just choose the equipment before the match starts all together. i can easily choose my spy equipment ......and my merc equipment at the same time before the match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That didn't answer why do you put revenge on. (btw you can still forget such things)

Spekkio9
11-04-2005, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raakile91:
I myself can't understand why would people put revenge on when it doesn't do any good. A player can still leave if the revenge is on right after the match starts and if you're a fair player, you might forgot to notice that revenge is on and you're about to change your equipment in lobby before the round. But then the match starts and you need to tell the host back to lobby. Of course revenge works with ranked matches when they lose points if they don't play the round (exept if you see the green screen in revenge before the match starts where you see the players names and scores and don't click accept) but in free server it's stupid IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif On the one hand, revenge makes the game flow a lot quicker once it's started, assuming everyone has all their equipment in order. On the other, it's annoying to always remember ahead of time to change your equipment, and you don't get to say little tidbits about the last game inbetween. Also, the games progress even slower than with revenge off should you have to lobby a bunch of times because of equipment, connection bugs, or quitters. Personally, I like it off, but that's just my liking.

Xan-99
11-04-2005, 08:43 AM
I used to like it on in pt, but now i find too many people leave or mess up their equipment for it to be worthwhile

lochang19
11-04-2005, 09:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xan-99:
I used to like it on in pt, but now i find too many people leave or mess up their equipment for it to be worthwhile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif &lt;--- Agreed. ^_^

Xan-99
11-04-2005, 11:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Xantaus/351.gif

^I've used that so many times now, well worth the time spent making it.

And just to round things off:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Xantaus/352.gif

C.A.T.ops_v2.0
11-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Lochang never puts revenge on when I'm in his server!! He's scared of my anger!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xan-99:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Xantaus/352.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
QFE

Eclyps3
11-04-2005, 11:45 AM
I usually set both equips even if revenge is NOT on. And some people insist that it is on as a certificate that they will get their spy round http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

What annoys me more is people who use the Random map and don't know about the Random map bug - if it goes from say Aquarius to Station the Game Settings will remain to Aqua's. Meaning - 10 minutes with lives set to 4/3. It's extremely annoying to explain that to every host who is unaware of it(most of 'em).

Oh and BTW there is no Revenge option in Ranked games.

vedran33
11-04-2005, 12:19 PM
My mate and me used to play with revenge. But since we know that nobody can join a server with revenge on, we've played without.

Frelli.
11-04-2005, 12:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vedran33:
My mate and me used to play with revenge. But since we know that nobody can join a server with revenge on, we've played without. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
w00t? You can't join a server with revenge on :O ?

Peace out

Noop-Ni
11-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Well, revenge doesn't always stop you joining. But if the game is in progress, it won't let you. It stops it showing in the server list, and even if you use the friends list to try and get in it won't work.

It's not a nice option.

Raakile91
11-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Also if you and your make feel changing your spy tactics during your merc round and have wrong gadgets, it's back to lobby stuff again.