PDA

View Full Version : Critique discussion for merlin-601's movie: "Waste Not Want Not."

VF-17_DWolf
03-25-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm starting a critique discussion for merlin-601's second movie titled "Waste Not Want Not." It's posted in the sticky for movies above. He asked us to let him know what we think.

I'm no expert, since I only made one Video so far. But I did like your editing. You have a few fly-by angles I never saw before. And they were awesome.

You might want to check out Dart's tutorial about cropping and doing a few things with VirtualDub to enhance the picture and compress it.

Also you can add music to these videos. The right kind of music will make your little video into a Hollywood Block Buster. Talk to RAF-Blackace and MrVH about music, they're musical Experts.

I'm sure you'll get more comments from the Movie Forum's top movie makers. It's a weekend and allot of people do other things on weekends. So the critiques may be slow getting here.

Keep up the good work, waiting for your next one.

Best regards,
VF-17 DWolf

PS: Tooz will probably tell you to make a post out here for movie critiques, so post your critiques here, in the Movie Makers Forum, so the sticky won't get filled up with comments.

In other words the "Please post your movie links here..." sticky is just for posting links.

merlin-601: I usually post a movie link with a invitation to critique my movies out here and then post the link only in the Sticky above. You can post your movies, or add to them, in the above sticky, like RAF-Blackace and MrVH, and GL-2 to name a few.

VF-17_DWolf
03-25-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm starting a critique discussion for merlin-601's second movie titled "Waste Not Want Not." It's posted in the sticky for movies above. He asked us to let him know what we think.

I'm no expert, since I only made one Video so far. But I did like your editing. You have a few fly-by angles I never saw before. And they were awesome.

You might want to check out Dart's tutorial about cropping and doing a few things with VirtualDub to enhance the picture and compress it.

Also you can add music to these videos. The right kind of music will make your little video into a Hollywood Block Buster. Talk to RAF-Blackace and MrVH about music, they're musical Experts.

I'm sure you'll get more comments from the Movie Forum's top movie makers. It's a weekend and allot of people do other things on weekends. So the critiques may be slow getting here.

Keep up the good work, waiting for your next one.

Best regards,
VF-17 DWolf

PS: Tooz will probably tell you to make a post out here for movie critiques, so post your critiques here, in the Movie Makers Forum, so the sticky won't get filled up with comments.

In other words the "Please post your movie links here..." sticky is just for posting links.

merlin-601: I usually post a movie link with a invitation to critique my movies out here and then post the link only in the Sticky above. You can post your movies, or add to them, in the above sticky, like RAF-Blackace and MrVH, and GL-2 to name a few.

Joe-90
03-28-2006, 02:28 AM
Merlin, thanks for contributing.

And nice to see the hi quality reproduction, as well as the stunning water effects. You must have a good rig to capture all that!

All I would say is that this is not so much a movie, it's more just a conversion of an ntrk to a video.

It may be interesting to the pilots who flew it to see what happened, but as a movie for the casual viewer it's kinda boring. No offence, just giving my 2 pence worth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif