PDA

View Full Version : wheres the GOR (guitar oriented rock) ???

Waffen-ZZ
10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Iam not buying this thing until there is more actual ROCK songs that scream guitar riffs and rhythm AKA AC-DC.. guns and roses.. Van halen...Ted Nugent.. black crows .. Kiss .. I can go on and on... the song list is WEAK .. all my buddies are not buying it once they saw the released song list. (by the way.. we are not old folks here .. ages 25 to 45) .. the marketing dept failed BIGTIME. They are literally going for the 10 to 17 age group from most of the list. Sorry for being honest.

thxphotog
10-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Gwalker992010:
Iam not buying this thing until there is more actual ROCK songs that scream guitar riffs and rhythm AKA AC-DC.. guns and roses.. Van halen...Ted Nugent.. black crows .. Kiss .. I can go on and on... the song list is WEAK .. all my buddies are not buying it once they saw the released song list. (by the way.. we are not old folks here .. ages 25 to 45) .. the marketing dept failed BIGTIME. They are literally going for the 10 to 17 age group from most of the list. Sorry for being honest.

The game is not going for power/barre chord rock, the songs they chose are specific to help you progress. Not that having a few AC/DC tracks wouldn't be fun!

Waffen-ZZ
10-25-2011, 08:21 PM
umm.. I hate to break it to you.. but guitar oriented rock is FAR from just barre/power chords.. buy Guitar Pro 6 and let me show you some tabs from all the groups I mentioned above... you are WAY off base my friend

thxphotog
10-25-2011, 08:22 PM
umm.. I hate to break it to you.. but guitar oriented rock is FAR from just barre/power chords.. buy Guitar Pro 6 and let me show you some tabs from all the groups I mentioned above... you are WAY off base my friend

Point taken. Then how about this? AC/DC and Gene $immon$ want too much money for licensing. And let me add, to your point if this game had all the bands you mentioned, I wouldn't be in this forum right now. I'd be in my man-cave with bloody guitar strings.

Waffen-ZZ
10-25-2011, 08:24 PM
you mean to tell me they couldnt get ANY GOA songs? not only that.. the release song list is short to begin with

thxphotog
10-25-2011, 08:27 PM
you mean to tell me they couldnt get ANY GOA songs? not only that.. the release song list is short to begin with

How cool would say...'Still of the Night', or 'One Way to Rock', or 'Jamie's Crying' be?? 'Sweet Child of Mine' perhaps. The mind reels.

Waffen-ZZ
10-25-2011, 08:35 PM
theres a million songs that just scream guitar and amp... only a few on the entire release list... I dont know .. ill wait a year and see any add-ons and download content ect

GimbalLock
10-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Yeah your Right you should wait.

you Stay right there in your music comfort zone, While the rest of us enjoy a great game.

In Fact you should never by this game out of Spite just so you can break Ubisoft's bank. You'll show them how they should never make a game unless its 100% catered to you.

Waffen-ZZ
10-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by GimbalLock:

you Stay right there in your music comfort zone, While the rest of us enjoy a great game.

In Fact you should never by this game out of Spite just so you can break Ubisoft's bank. You'll show them how they should never make a game unless its 100% catered to you.

WELL .. so much for mature conversation... your song list awaits you ... seems fit

GimbalLock
10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Then dont buy it ... Complaining about a song list of a game that has been released is Stupid, its not like they are going to change it.

Waffen-ZZ
10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
It is funny how people think a "forum" is only for one sided conversation.. I am trying to help you idiot.. more songs = better,, right?

SeattleSauve
10-25-2011, 09:03 PM
The velvet revolver track sounds guitar oriented to me, I think Sweet Home Alabama has some guitar in it too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But seriously, yeah, I'd love those tracks too. I have a feeling DLC will solve this problem in the longer term. It will be hard to get Guns, Led Zep, AC/DC, but there's a lot of good riff based music out there that won't be so hard to license.

My suggestion is buy the game (It's fun), learn the interface, and by the time you've played through the in-box set you'll probably see some DLC that suits your fancy. But there are some decent songs on this list, even though my favorites aren't on there yet either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ReplicaX
10-25-2011, 09:03 PM
They stated the primary focus of the original setlist was for fundamentals/learning/progressing. They also stated DLC will have other Genres and Tunings. I'd just wait til the DLC starts coming out and then decide Gwalker.

Klaasv1
10-25-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm 38 and like the set list.
Lots of bands I recognize and are fun to learn.
It's pretty diverse for 50 tracks, from old to new.
The songs I didn't know I mostly like too.
When it comes to music im pretty open minded, if it sounds good it can be metal, alternative, punk, post punk, rock, whatever.

Im sure we'll see some cool suprises once DLC kicks in.

bperry44
10-25-2011, 10:28 PM
While the song list isn't the 50 I would have picked, I am finding myself enjoying just about all of the songs for one reason or another. I would love some Led Zep, Rage, Fugazi, Strokes, Stone Roses, Tokyo Police Club, or Arctic Monkeys, I'm also digging the Velvet Revolver, Dead Weather, Spoon, Black Keys, etc.

I don't know if they plan on releasing DLC in well rounded batches, or focused tightly by genre. While my guess is that they would get better sales by genre, I'd surmise that the first option is better for aspiring players and practitioners.

bperry44
10-25-2011, 10:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GimbalLock:

WELL .. so much for mature conversation... your song list awaits you ... seems fit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You kind of started it by calling the song list lame, which kind of implies that you think that anyone that likes it is lame. I think we're all up for a discussion, but perhaps you could help start things off more constructively next time?

GimbalLock
10-25-2011, 10:33 PM
It is funny how people think a "forum" is only for one sided conversation.. I am trying to help you idiot.. more songs = better,, right?

If you did a little searching on the main site under the FAQ's you would see this

"Will there be DLC for the game? If so, when?
Yes! We absolutely plan to have downloadable content for the game very soon after launch. But right now our current focus is making the game that ships in October as good as it can possibly be.

Will there be alternate tunings?
Right now we have standard E tuning, and drop D tuning. More alternate tunings will be available post-launch through downloadable content on Xbox Live and PSN."

And you would see More is already planed to come our way. Idiot

BubbaMc
10-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Slither is what you're looking for OP. It doesn't get much GOR than that.

jemenard
10-26-2011, 06:54 AM
This is the same discussion that came up with each Guitar Hero and Rock Band release, because music tatstes are so dirverse you cannot make everyone happy. It looks like they tried tosprinkle in some music from most rock genres, but people need to realize that this is not you ipod playlist, these songs were chosen, in part, for the playing style each one brings to the table.

Finally, we are not going to see anything from AC/DC, Led Zep. or Guns and Roses anytime soon people. First AC/DC does not allow their songs to be downloaded (the Rock Band special disk was cuts from a live perfromance), Led Zep same and Axel Rose is suing Guitar Hero over the use of the GNR songs...so as much as I would love to see those bands represented it is not going to happen anytime soon...

DrwhoGalefrie
10-26-2011, 07:57 AM
no prob with the set list for me

sure, we all have WISHES, Floyd for instance, but I like the set list and can usually enjoy the songs even if I never heard them or even never cared for them