PDA

View Full Version : So RUSE huh?

b_4721
09-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Ubisofts latest console RTS is out, meant to look at it earlier but never got around, saw a demo the other day in PS store and downloaded but forgot about it again, got myself a move today and after going through a bunch of other demos I noticed this game sitting in the list.

So how did Ubisoft fare this time around...I was once a big player in Ubis Endwar but if it's the same run around again I'm not so sure about buying the same bugs packaged under another name.

Is there an actual singleplayer campaign this time?
Can I expect bugs galore again?
And the freezing?
What about the support from ubi? Is it still to early or have they already shown clear favor in putting out patches for M$?
Along those lines is it another cross platform title half-assedly ported to others?
What about cheating? I thought I saw "dashboarding" in one of these threads...surely they didn't miss that blatant exploit again?
And of patches if there are any yet...have their been any **** ups where an entire region gets locked into one version of the game while the rest are behind? I'm sure european endwar players remember that period that lasted months fondly.

I would play the demo myself and maybe answer some of those questions, but on every start it freezes and now has frozen the system again when I went to delete it to try another install, this time I had to do a hard reset...that is certainly not a boon to my faith in ubisoft here.

Assuming I ever get the game to work...would anyone whom has played both care to give me a brief comparison of game play differences between the two?

Axe99
09-22-2010, 03:14 AM
Endwar and RUSE are substantially different - I wouldn't compare the two, and I would highly recommend the demo, as it's about as good an introduction to the game as one demo can give. Maybe delete and re-download if what you've got isn't working? I didn't have any trouble with the demo on PS3, and none of my mates did either.

As for the game, I think it's brilliant - in my view, the best RTS game on console, and Ubi's supporting the PS3 version pretty well by including Move, which (after some practice) is significantly superior to the standard controller. Not sure what to compare it to, as it's got a bit of everything to it, the demo's really the best way to go there.

Wartactics
09-22-2010, 04:37 AM
The game isn't buggy at all, except for the sidescrolling with your controller in the menu sometimes. There was a beta test for balancing and gameplay issues, so that is a plus. The developement team has been on these forums themselves and are monitoring data to do further balancing.

Gregolution
09-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Lol I remember you from the endwar forums mate!

Ruse so far is really good and has been running stable for me at least. I haven't found any of the problems that plagued endwar but I'm yet to play online. It's a different developer anyway.

I wish they had the persistent armies and war of ew, but there are positives here. There's alot more units and it seems fairly complex as far as strategy goes

Move controls are a bucket load better than voice in ew too

Buy it mate, look forward to seeing you on the battlefield

b_4721
09-23-2010, 12:38 PM
I finally was able to get the demo to work after downloading and installing again, but to say I was impressed would be a lie. I don't know what the hell the cutscenes were about but frankly that annoyed me more the the complete lack of story in endwar, they were just plain stupid.

The game play was acceptable I guess, but pretty chaotic and unorganized though that may just be because I am new, on top of that it all had an arcadey type feel like the WIC games. It doesn't help that I have always preferred the more small scale tactics based RTS instead of the base building ones, I was at one point obsessed with Total War games though I haven't picked up any of the titles since rome and I barely played that one online.

Regardless I was at the store this mourning and looked for this game to rent, but I couldn't find it in the rental or the retail sections on any platform.

BP_Charlie
09-24-2010, 04:30 AM
Still as perpetually miserable as you were on the EndWar boards? It even comes through in the way you've mis-spelt "morning"...

Maybe the perfect RTS is out there for you... But until you find it, I'd recommend enjoying games for what they are, not disliking them for what they're not.

You might find more happiness in life that way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

b_4721
09-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Who is this troll?

redbullking84
09-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by BP_Charlie:
Still as perpetually miserable as you were on the EndWar boards? It even comes through in the way you've mis-spelt "morning"...

Maybe the perfect RTS is out there for you... But until you find it, I'd recommend enjoying games for what they are, not disliking them for what they're not.

You might find more happiness in life that way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hahaha you are right he spent more time on the endwar boards then he did on the game looks like he's going to do it again here on ruse....