PDA

View Full Version : GRAW PC Delayed until Q2 2006

capteenix
02-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Ubisoft UK have been on to us with revised GRAW launch dates. It's good news for Xbox 360 owners who will be playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter a whole week earlier than previously announced, with the title now due out on the 10th of March 2006.

PC Owners however will be cursing as their version is now not expected before April and the release date is now a rather vague "Q2", which could be anytime before July 2006.

www.ghostrecon.net (http://www.ghostrecon.net) and ubisoft UK *confirmed*

Not a surprise at all! We have lack of a info! So it have been in the line with you and me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
it's time to assault on ubi headquarters!!!!

ZA_Corax
02-28-2006, 07:57 AM
According to Eurogamer: 28/02/2006

The Xbox 360 version of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has had its release date changed again - but the good news is it's arriving early.

GRAW 360 is out on March 17th, with the Xbox version following a week later and the PS2 game due out on March 31st. PC gamers are in for a longer wait, though - their version won't arrive until "quarter two" now, which means some time this summer.

EuroGamer: Ghost Recon 360 out next week (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63069)

chilly-willy
02-28-2006, 08:03 AM
according to the UK UBI webstore it's slated for

Release 1st Quarter 2006

The US store still lists march.

Lt.Henkie
02-28-2006, 08:12 AM
yeah, but the will change that also soon...

Pff really, really ****. I hope they will make the game better.

I want also to hear why the pc-version is delayed (again)? From ubisoft?

ZA_Corax
02-28-2006, 08:21 AM
From the sounds of things they delayed it due to the fact the UBISOFT has nothing to show for E3.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent (delayed)
Heros of Might and Magic V (delayed, maybe will have a showing... slim chance)

E3 2006 = May 10-12, 2006

Like I said before this is probably due to some financial woes... but eh who listens...

Well last years E3 was all about next gen consoles... this year it will probably be show casing the lastest and greatest which would include Ageia's PPU. So what else would be a good product to show case it than an FPS designed for it... GRAW PC

FYI next week they also make an official announcement of the new nVIDIA 7900GTX 512MB. So this will bring down the price of the 7800, in any case its still rare to find a 7800GTX 512MB. Oh by the way don't rush out and buy the 7900GTX , according to some intel its only 10% faster than the 7800GTX... I have a feeling this is due to drivers...

But I digress, don't fret, E3 is just around the corner...

Lt.Henkie
02-28-2006, 08:29 AM
they will show brothers in arms 3 at the E3, that game will be great with Unreal engine 3.

ZA_Corax
02-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Personally I think Gearbox lost its momentum with Earned in Blood. Don't get me wrong Road to Hill 30 was awsome, but I think its had its time... I could be wrong maybe the new Unreal engine 3 (kick@$$!!) might bring some life to it... we have to wait and see...

But for GRAW PC... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

capteenix
02-28-2006, 08:39 AM
i think their reason is a holiday, look even Ubirazz has disappeared too!

Lt.Henkie
02-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Where you talking about? Earned in blood was mucht better than RH30....

I think most people in the Bia community are thinking the same.

ZA_Corax
02-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by capteenix:
i think their reason is a holiday, look even Ubirazz has disappeared too!

LOL!!! probably busy painting the Fragdolls...

fedayn81
02-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Ubisoft= the best ridiculous videogames company.

All we get until now is sucking info.

November 2005: first DELAY. And they say to us that the extra time 'd be ok to make a better game.

January 2006: SECOND DELAY. From February to end of March, that means April.

Now the third delay.

RIDICULOUS!!

Time for "get info\demo\game soon" has finished.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif BY NOW I ,AS PC GAMER, 'LL NOT BELIEVE TO UBISOFT AND GRIN WORD ANYMORE.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

ZA_Corax
02-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by fedayn81:

November 2005: first DELAY. And they say to us that the extra time 'd be ok to make a better game.

Now the third delay.

RIDICULOUS!!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif BY NOW I ,AS PC GAMER, 'LL NOT BELIEVE TO UBISOFT AND GRIN WORD ANYMORE.

I'm sure they had no intention in offending you... like every other company out there its a business. So GET OVER YOURSELF... and get a grip!!

fedayn81
02-28-2006, 09:07 AM
stop talking as a marketing manager..please

i dont see any kind of business on not taking care of own customers.

fedayn81
02-28-2006, 09:21 AM
where is a link to that info?

capteenix
02-28-2006, 09:27 AM
where is a link to that info?
Ubisoft UK Weekly release Schedule :P

fedayn81
02-28-2006, 09:34 AM
ok, but where is the official link...

chilly-willy
02-28-2006, 09:38 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Yes... how does this list come out? Is it e-mailed or what? What are the deatils of the list and it's origins?

VF-Murph
02-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Could some please post an exact quote of this release, as I (among many) did not receive the news in my inbox...

Even on ghostrecon.net or ghostrecon.com I could not find an official announcement.

I found news of an official announcement from UbiSoft UK, but no one has actually posted any hard information.

Does anyone have any links or press releases to show us?

It isn't that I don't believe the release date changed, I just want to hear it from the source, rather than a fansite...

Murph

SpecOps.Briggs
02-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Elderscrolls Oblivion here I come...

Squall_Rifleman
02-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by VF-Murph:
Could some please post an exact quote of this release, as I (among many) did not receive the news in my inbox...

Even on ghostrecon.net or ghostrecon.com I could not find an official announcement.

I found news of an official announcement from UbiSoft UK, but no one has actually posted any hard information.

Does anyone have any links or press releases to show us?

It isn't that I don't believe the release date changed, I just want to hear it from the source, rather than a fansite...

Murph
What he said!

capteenix
02-28-2006, 10:20 AM
News of an Oficcial Announcement From Ubisoft Uk, is the only source and Very loyal one, right from UBIsoft, and dont be surprised! It is 99% true...well no? gimme some vids form Graw PC!!!

villevalo1983
02-28-2006, 10:22 AM
i realy feel sorry 4 u guys i no wat islike when u wait wat seems like years 4 agame only 4 it to get so close then gets delayed again but happyly il b playin the 360 version come march 10 th when its now out while pc gamers have to wait til sumer wiv no actual date ne more to play it i feel 4 u guys

elLOCOmutha
02-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I am still waiting for an official link/announcement from the company. I have not seen one so if anyone has one post it and it would be the best if someone from ubisoft posted it.I will not believe it until I see an OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

maddad68
02-28-2006, 10:55 AM
UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa GHOST RECON 2 blhaa blhaa

PC GAMERS : WEEE HOW LONG ? WEEE HOW LONG ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa GHOST RECON 2 blhaa blhaa DELAY

PC GAMERS : HOW LONG ? HOW LONG ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa DELAY blhaa blhaa DELAY

UBISOFT : DELAY DELAY DELAY

PC GAMERS : DEMO ?? DEMO ?? DEMO ?? DEMO ?? DEMO ?? DEMO ??

PC GAMERS : WTF ?? HOW LONG ?

UBISOFT : GHOST RECON 2 XBOX ONLY

PC GAMERS : FFS WTF XBOX ONLY ??

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa GRAW blhaa blhaa

PC GAMERS : OMG OMG OMG WEEEEEEE HOW LONG ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa GRAW blhaa blhaa DELAY

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa DELAY blhaa blhaa DELAY GRIN

PC GAMERS : WTF ?? WHO .... GRIN ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa XBOX 360 blhaa blhaa DELAY

PC GAMERS : WTF? XBOX 360 blhaa blhaa WTF ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa XBOX 360 blhaa blhaa SCREEN SHOTS

PC GAMERS : WTF? XBOX 360 SCREEN SHOTS blhaa blhaa PC SCREEN SHOTS ?? WTF ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa XBOX 360 VIDEO blhaa blhaa DELAY

PC GAMERS : WTF? XBOX 360 VIDEO WTF ?? blhaa blhaa PC VIDEO ?? WTF ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa DEMO blhaa blhaa

PC GAMERS : WTF? DEMO ?? blhaa blhaa DEMO ?? WTF ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa XBOX 360 blhaa blhaa

UBISOFT : DELAY DELAY DELAY DELAY DELAY DELAY

PC GAMERS : WTF ?? WTF ??WTF ??WTF ??WTF ??

Any one see a pattern here ?

UBI devs say thay whant the game to be right for the PC gamer as thay know we diehard GR fans will whant a good all round tactical game .

IF thay care so much about what WE the diehard PC gamer whant why have thay give us NOTHING no video ... no PC screen shots .. no demo ?

And befor anyone of you wannabe finacial marketing managers start harping on about microsoft deals and blhaa blhaa blaa FORGET IT i have herd it all befor !! you have no clue what deals have been done ..so don't .

Thay don't give a rats stink hole about us .

Ubi / RSE ... This game better be good or you may find a boycott of all future ubi PC products by ghost recon PC gamers .

I was going to remove the last bit ... but then i thoght ... " thay don't even read the posts here anyway "

Flame away all you wannabe mod's and ubi fanboys ..Im beyond burning .. you will just be wasting your time ...pretty much as i have the last 20 minz

Maddad << playing F.E.A.R on a 37" LCD HIDEF at 1280 X 1024 with max settings and all the fluff

chillerW.
02-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by maddad68:
UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa GHOST RECON 2 blhaa blhaa

PC GAMERS : WEEE HOW LONG ? WEEE HOW LONG ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa GHOST RECON 2 blhaa blhaa DELAY

UBISOFT : GHOST RECON 2 XBOX ONLY

PC GAMERS : FFS WTF XBOX ONLY ??

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa GRAW blhaa blhaa

PC GAMERS : OMG OMG OMG WEEEEEEE HOW LONG ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa GRAW blhaa blhaa DELAY

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa DELAY blhaa blhaa DELAY GRIN

PC GAMERS : WTF ?? WHO .... GRIN ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa XBOX 360 blhaa blhaa DELAY

PC GAMERS : WTF? XBOX 360 blhaa blhaa WTF ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa XBOX 360 blhaa blhaa SCREEN SHOTS

PC GAMERS : WTF? XBOX 360 SCREEN SHOTS blhaa blhaa PC SCREEN SHOTS ?? WTF ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa XBOX 360 VIDEO blhaa blhaa DELAY

PC GAMERS : WTF? XBOX 360 VIDEO WTF ?? blhaa blhaa PC VIDEO ?? WTF ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa DEMO blhaa blhaa

PC GAMERS : WTF? DEMO ?? blhaa blhaa DEMO ?? WTF ?

UBISOFT : Blhaa blhaa blhaa XBOX 360 blhaa blhaa

PC GAMERS : WTF ?? WTF ??WTF ??WTF ??WTF ??

Any one see a pattern here ?

Yup, ive said it before, its GR2 all over again.
I cant belive it...its so low of ubi, im starting to hate them, for real, i hate the suckers that ***** us over.
Im so mad right now, and it makes me mader that its over a ****** video game.

I hate you ubi, i hope you fail and that your company crashes.

baff6
02-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Unlike GR2, this time they have actually hired a development team. They have gone so far as to invest the money.

This game will come, but you should allow for a serious development time. I.E. NOT 5 months, NOT 9 months and NOT 12 months. Give them a year or two and you'll get your game.

neo8185
02-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Does the delay affect the Us PC? or just the UK

elLOCOmutha
02-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by neo8185:
Does the delay affect the Us PC? or just the UK Thats the thing nobody knows I havent seen an official announcement yet or a link...its all rumor until I see OFFICIAL

villevalo1983
02-28-2006, 11:15 AM
i wud imagine it effects pc in usa aswel as the uk since the pc version wil b the same regardles of wat country ur in hope this helps

Lt.Henkie
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
next-step is cancelling....

Ubisoft just don't support pc-games anymore...

THe same mistake the made with farcry...The make themself big with the farcry pc-game, the they come with somme crappy consoles versions.

SHADOWEDBYLIGHT
02-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Everyone needs to chill out... first of all you've been waiting for a few years, are you all telling me you can't wait a few more months. Second, would you rather the game come out now and be sh*tty, or wait and have it beat the X360 like no other. I mean we all love Ghost Recon, but we all have to remember its just a game, and we can't let it tear us apart like this... we all need to just get a grip and relax.

DayGlow
02-28-2006, 11:36 AM
how dare they. Announce they are working on a game, then don't release stuff they don't have to not create hype to placitate the rabid fan base who then could have complained of being led on and over hyped.

I really don't think they could win either way. How are any of you sucked into anything? They said they are making the game, that they think it's a good one and that's about all. The constant demand for demos/movies/etc from the forum is a self-created hype over the fact that they are making a game. What I haven't seen is a non-stop stream of media claiming this to be the greatest thing ever with tons of flash ads with concept art, etc. Then I could see people being upset on a delay.

chilly-willy
02-28-2006, 11:37 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I agree with above, but would preferr they release and address issues in patches or expansion packs.

chillerW.
02-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by baff6:
Unlike GR2, this time they have actually hired a development team. They have gone so far as to invest the money.

This game will come, but you should allow for a serious development time. I.E. NOT 5 months, NOT 9 months and NOT 12 months. Give them a year or two and you'll get your game.

They said they canceled GR2 for pc because they had come so far with the development on GR3 and this was like 8 months ago?
And a product dont have to be **** because it wasent developed under a long period of time (2-3 years), look at BLACK, they started the development in January 2005...

And just because S.T.A.L.K.E.R been delayed and under development for 6 years it means then that it will be awsome?
Dont think so.

kanix357
02-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Jus tlike artists
you have to finish your project at a point
if not theyll keep painting and thinking till the end of times.

capteenix
02-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by chillerW.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baff6:

They said they canceled GR2 for pc because they had come so far with the development on GR3 and this was like 8 months ago?
And a product dont have to be **** because it wasent developed under a long period of time (2-3 years), look at BLACK, they started the development in January 2005...

And just because S.T.A.L.K.E.R been delayed and under development for 6 years it means then that it will be awsome?
Dont think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
correction: 7 and half years! Stalker! they began it in 1999 and since that graphics and other things were updated all the time

capteenix
02-28-2006, 11:51 AM
ubi just delayed many games, seems some PR- problems there

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/2343/

ZA_Corax
02-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Good find capteenix!!! This is so true alot of times I wonder if its lost through translation.

Is thay you UBIRAZZ ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Listen dude ... don't take this the wrong way but ...stfu

All the dudes on this forum ( bar a few idiot that i think are hired by ubi to keep us all calm ) have been waiting for this game (not to mention ghost recon 2 ) for a very long time , The get fed with BS and kept in the dark like mushrooms .

Thay get given video and screenshots from a console and told its PC footage ...Thay get told in dev chat's that the game will be out last year ... then this year q1 .. then q2 ... and so on .

Some of them have payed cash out on preorder and been told agin in dev chats that a demo will be ready by the end of this mounth .

Thay get given a download for a tool called desk com to give them news on the PC game AND IT DONT WORK .

I don't blame them for being mad ...Let them have a say and let UBI see how thay are treating the fans of the game .

I do however agree with you on one thing ... i would rather a good game than some bit of **** just to make them MORE money out of us

The fact that everyone demands and flys off the handle is completely INAPPROTRIATE. What gives?

Don't start talking about Q1 or Q2 these are currently unsubstantiated information.

We are all in the same vote... So I have to strongly agree with the quoted postee SHADOWEDBYLIGHT

"CHILL OUT!!!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

SHADOWEDBYLIGHT
02-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks to everyone that backed me up on my comment, and didn't rip me a new one... as I said before, this is a game, NOT our life. We play Ghost Recon for recreation, to lower the stress in our lives and have fun... This game should not be a catalyst for stress, its not even "officially" confirmed yet I think. It could just be websites getting mixed information from hype... If it is true, Im sure GR:AW will be out at max by the beginning of Summer... remember people... JUST A GAME!

maddad68
02-28-2006, 12:23 PM
The fact that everyone demands and flys off the handle is completely INAPPROTRIATE. What gives?

I Have just been reading back over this post and i can't see anyone flying off handles or demanding anything ?

All i see is people having herd some news and speculating upon it ... Oh and you trying to change the subject with talk of video cards and e3

And as for

Don't start talking about Q1 or Q2 these are currently unsubstantiated information.

Who are you to tell us what we can and cant talk about ?

This is a place for like minded people with a common interest to share info and to speculate on it .

The info was given ..and we are speculating ...if you don't what to read it ..look away

elLOCOmutha
02-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by SHADOWEDBYLIGHT:
Thanks to everyone that backed me up on my comment, and didn't rip me a new one... as I said before, this is a game, NOT our life. We play Ghost Recon for recreation, to lower the stress in our lives and have fun... This game should not be a catalyst for stress, its not even "officially" confirmed yet I think. It could just be websites getting mixed information from hype... If it is true, Im sure GR:AW will be out at max by the beginning of Summer... remember people... JUST A GAME! I support you....chill out people has anyone seen and official comment on this?

chillerW.
02-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey, **** *** all that are on ubi's side.. obviously you havent been here waiting since the announcment on GR2 and felt how ubi treated us pc gamers, lies lies lies lies... and then BAM, cancelled.

Im ****** off and i as a consumer want answeres, but since ubi dont care about other consumers than the Xbox360 ones i cant get answeres... im left in the dark, with nothing.
So dont tell us to be calm.

elLOCOmutha
02-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Hey, **** *** all that are on ubi's side.. obviously you havent been here waiting since the announcment on GR2 and felt how ubi treated us pc gamers, lies lies lies lies... and then BAM, cancelled.

Im ****** off and i as a consumer want answeres, but since ubi dont care about other consumers than the Xbox360 ones i cant get answeres... im left in the dark, with nothing.
So dont tell us to be calm. Wow step away from your computer and get some fresh air....dang people come back to reality go play something else. Do you really need to come to an internet forum to blow off steam?

FWEF-Cull
02-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Wow step away from your computer and get some fresh air....dang people come back to reality go play something else. Do you really need to come to an internet forum to blow off steam?

Good advice and probably why I don't post here much. I come in, have a read, have a think and get really frustrated on times and those are the times I don't post. It doesn't really help matters and it definately doesn't help my sanity.

elLOCOmutha
02-28-2006, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elLOCOmutha:
Wow step away from your computer and get some fresh air....dang people come back to reality go play something else. Do you really need to come to an internet forum to blow off steam?
You dont know me, dont tell me what to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/elLOCOmutha/Friends/AMSQALESPPWV.jpg

chilly-willy
02-28-2006, 01:09 PM
[/QUOTE]
You dont know me, dont tell me what to do.[/QUOTE]

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Cool out man. Not trying to tell you what to do and I respect your right to be Pizzed Off. So, I'm going to tell you a joke.

This blonde really wanted to go ice fishing. She'd seen many books on the subject, and finally, after getting all the necessary tools together, she made for the nearest frozen lake. After positioning her comfy footstool, she started to make a circular cut in the ice.

Suddenly---from the sky---a voice boomed, "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!" Startled, the blonde moved further down the ice, poured a thermos of cappuccino, and began to cut yet another hole. Again, from the heavens, the voice bellowed, "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!"

The blonde, now quite worried, moved way down to the opposite end of the ice, set up her stool, and tried again to cut her hole. The voice came once more, even louder: "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!"

She stopped, looked skyward, and said, "Is that you, Lord?"

The voice replied, "NO, THIS IS THE RINK MANAGER!"

elLOCOmutha
02-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Ofcourse you want, im cooler than you ever will be *****. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/elLOCOmutha/Friends/FCDCCE0E439FB5E6AEC989B87C7038.jpg

villevalo1983
02-28-2006, 01:13 PM
fair point itis only a game after al but games mean moreto sum people than to others and besides when u bin waitin ages and release date draws closer than they anouce it wil b delayed possibly nething up to 6more months people have every rite to b pissed of wud b so bad if they said y and wat problems they r havin wic is causin the delay hope this helps

ZA_Corax
02-28-2006, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The fact that everyone demands and flys off the handle is completely INAPPROTRIATE. What gives?

I Have just been reading back over this post and i can't see anyone flying off handles or demanding anything ?

All i see is people having herd some news and speculating upon it ... Oh and you trying to change the subject with talk of video cards and e3

And as for

Who are you to tell us what we can and cant talk about ?

This is a place for like minded people with a common interest to share info and to speculate on it .

The info was given ..and we are speculating ...if you don't what to read it ..look away </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First I don't appreciate your dig... posters like yourself tick me off!! And by the f'n way respect goes both ways.

Intelligent speculation is always appreciated but self-defecation I can do without!!

chilly-willy
02-28-2006, 02:38 PM
self-defecation I can do without!!

Yes... pooping one's self is always a bad thing.

I think it's Deprecation there Oswald but I might be wrong.

lockdown_pwnzzz
02-28-2006, 02:54 PM

Now the third delay.

RIDICULOUS!!

dont forget about ghost recon 2

ColinCJ
02-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Official Release Update dated today 28th Feb.

Paris, France €" February 28, 2006 - Ubisoft, one of the world€s largest video game publishers, continued to increase its share in key world markets in January 2006. The continued sales of titles that were launched over the Christmas holiday and the success of the European launch of Rugby Challenge 2006 in mid-January, have allowed Ubisoft to record high growth and to reinforce its position in a challenging environment due to the arrival of next-generation home consoles.

Ubisoft is ranked:
- 5th independent publisher for consoles for the month of January in the United-States , recording a 42 percent gain and achieving market share of 5.8 percent, +2.2 points
- 3rd independent publisher in the United Kingdom recording a 41 percent gain and achieving market share of 8 percent, + 1.7 points
- 2nd independent publisher in France recording a 32 percent gain and achieving market share of 7.5 percent, + 1 point
- 3rd independent publisher in Germany recording a 3 percent gain and achieving market share of 6 percent
- 3rd independent publisher in Spain achieving market share of 6 percent

€œThe success of titles that were launched during Christmas carried over into the month of January despite a market slowdown. This contributed to our sharp growth during the first month of the year and our increased market share. With the performance of Rugby Challenge 2006, Ubisoft is reinforcing its ability to enter new segments successfully, for instance in the sport segment. The fiscal year-end will be very strong with launch of Far Cry Instincts Predator" for Xbox 360" video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Tom Clancy€s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter", Blazing Angels" Squadrons of WWII, and And 1 Streetball," announced Yves Guillemot, Chief Executive Officer of Ubisoft Entertainment.

Investor Relations Contact: etc etc etc.

As you can see the PC version is not listed.

So is the PC version put back as yet,? no.
Ubisoft have not made a press post about any delay.

If the game had been delayed that statment would have been in the above statment.

I will not believe this until they make a press statment.

Allowing this sort of confusion to manifest itself on public forums is both wrong and and even more so, poor, to neglegent response to the costomer base.

To any Ubisoft Rep that is reading this forum and who is in a possition to rectify this
appalling mess that you call a press release system, who ever is doing the job at the moment, sack them and get some one who knows how to release information to the public in an orderly fashion.

The information On the delay has come from Ubisoft UK but Paris say no.

This needs clearing up ASAP.

Colin

kanix357
02-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by SHADOWEDBYLIGHT:
Thanks to everyone that backed me up on my comment, and didn't rip me a new one... as I said before, this is a game, NOT our life. We play Ghost Recon for recreation, to lower the stress in our lives and have fun... This game should not be a catalyst for stress, its not even "officially" confirmed yet I think. It could just be websites getting mixed information from hype... If it is true, Im sure GR:AW will be out at max by the beginning of Summer... remember people... JUST A GAME!

AND I NEED STRESS RELIEF NOW

BECAUSE UBI JUST STRESSES ME OUT LOL

fedayn81
02-28-2006, 03:33 PM
i hope you 're right Colin. Your thought looks right to me.

I'm waiting an official announcement

Ghost_Hybrid
02-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Here is a thought:

Get off the UBI ban wagon and start asking questions.

Anyone foolish enough to ignore the truth is surely apart of some matrix!

I don't care what you think it is Colin, reality says we don't have any information on the pc and we probably never will.

Instead we get a half baked can of **** like, "Lock Down."

And if I'm wrong please except my apology, with a box of tissues!

Chris_448
02-28-2006, 03:55 PM
No wonder the estimated percentage of gamers is supposed to decline to 44% by 2011, because campanies like Ubisoft can't multi-task and make more than one game at a time.

baff6
02-28-2006, 07:43 PM
The investor relations is an accurate a press release as a company can give. It is a criminal offense to be otherwise.

ZA_Corax
02-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by baff6:
The investor relations is an accurate a press release as a company can give. It is a criminal offense to be otherwise.

But will they publically release incriminatory information... Probably not.

Urban-Violence
02-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I spoke to shareholder relations people, after listeneing to them go through the PR jargon I asked about GRAW. They had this to say "all versions are on schedule and will be released as per previously stated street dates".

If their wrong then the loop got cut off somewhere in Ubi Soft.

SoLoGos
02-28-2006, 08:25 PM
LMAO. Bro, UBI-UK would not make such a catastrophic mistake as to announce a delay that wasn't there. Please.

--Logos

ATU_Cutter
02-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Some of you are dreaming if you think it hasn't been pushed back to Q2.

Urban-Violence
02-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Well theres some obvious descrepencies between Ubi Canada (the guys I spoke too) and Ubi UK. Maybe it's only been pushed back in the UK? Ever think of that? Perhaps they need the extra time to localize it.

All sources on my side of the Atlantic point to a March 29th release.

Seafort909
02-28-2006, 11:01 PM
localise it?
u mean from american/canadian english to proper english?? :P

i'll wait for an official announcement myself.
altho i just checked gameplay and its release has changed to august 25th.

RWG_Jackal
03-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Some countries in Europe require the game to be scene and tested by a Ratings commitee of sorts before a rating is given and the game can be sold.

In the US and Canada the manufacturer is reponsible for Rating the game correctly.

And since a release to one country in europe waold mean that people from others would make a drive to purchase a copy they may be delaying the european versions til the game is complete and rated for all countries. Many games have had European Release dates later than the US because of this reason.

I stopped by my local EB Games today and the Manager said that their European stores have an release date of Q2 2006, but the info regarding north america(which he said had just been updated early this morning,Tuesday, Was still showing shipping dates of March 28th.

Im not saying this is defenately the case here, just a possibility as to why the info for Europe and North America are differing.

RWG_Jackal
03-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Ijusted Visited the GRAW Geramny Ubi Forums and there is not a single thread about this there.

Tork_account
03-01-2006, 01:24 AM
If this game turns out to be cancelled ubisoft wont ever see a single dime from me EVER again. Keep ****ing over your fans and youll get it.

fedayn81
03-01-2006, 01:38 AM
if the problem that cause a new delay 'll be the rating, that for Europe is different from US, i hope that the game delay for one or two weeks.

fires2006
03-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Wheres Ubirazz?

Well, hes been sacrificed to the pc god. But even he wasnt enuff to calm the pc god and the game was still delayed.

Or maybe he s just laying low till the lockdown riots have subsided, and bracing himself for the GR3 delayed riots. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AJonsson
03-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Well that was coming, maybe it will be like Ghost Recon 2 they decides to not release it for PC at all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

digger69
03-01-2006, 04:08 AM
Surprise, surprise aye? Who would of ever thought!?!

BigSM
03-01-2006, 04:34 AM
German Gamestar Magazine reports that Ubi announced a press release for today about Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and the delay

CDN_Angus
03-01-2006, 07:07 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2791043913/m/7661069714

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31257&st=270

Hi guys

On behalf of the GRIN team I fell obliged to step in here and say we're sorry for the delay. I can't go out and talk on the reason but I know all you hardcore fans are really disappointed not to be playing in March. I wont jump around with fancy marketing words all I can say is that we are doing a hell of a effort to get this game out and at the same time as good as possible.

This game is to stand the test of time as GR1 did and that is no small thing. What we are into now is a lot of testing and balancing. And NO the AI is in fact one of the best ever created if you like tactical play that is.

I hope some screens or videos can be released very soon to back up my words.

As for the X360 it looks great and I truly think the console fans will get what they want.

As for the PC fans we take a totally different approach and I think both games are rocking. Now we just want to make sure the PC is really all it can be.

Appologies

Bo

GRIN

cobaka
03-01-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by digger69:
Surprise, surprise aye? Who would of ever thought!?!
Sono
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

digger69
03-01-2006, 07:56 AM
lol Cob http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

This game is to stand the test of time as GR1 did and that is no small thing.

I have always said GR (PC) is a hard act to follow, even for RSE.

Let alone GRIN. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif