PDA

View Full Version : Question

Xx_Chaos_xX
11-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Hey, this has been on my mind for awhile, you guys will have to tell me what you think. While standing in the darkness, pure darkness, and there's light in the background, behind you, will the guard notice you, thinking someone's in the shadows. Because they'll see a black human-like figure when looking at you because of the light in the background.

What do ya think, would the A.I. notice. It would be different if you had your back against the wall, instead of just standing in the darkness. This creates a bit more stealth in the game.

Xx_Chaos_xX
11-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Hey, this has been on my mind for awhile, you guys will have to tell me what you think. While standing in the darkness, pure darkness, and there's light in the background, behind you, will the guard notice you, thinking someone's in the shadows. Because they'll see a black human-like figure when looking at you because of the light in the background.

What do ya think, would the A.I. notice. It would be different if you had your back against the wall, instead of just standing in the darkness. This creates a bit more stealth in the game.

f16cxv
11-18-2004, 07:39 AM
you mean like seeing Sam's sillouette? yea they would see you, I think, because the AI can see your sillouette now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

scworld
11-18-2004, 07:55 AM
He is right. Guards now really SEE.

Terrax213
11-18-2004, 08:19 AM
As well as your reflection on reflective surfaces i.e. mirrors.

Nightmarecast24
11-18-2004, 08:42 AM
*opens a n00b's book o questions*
AH! Here we are...... I have a question.
Do you think the gaurds will be able to smell Sam? or just feel his presence(maybe on a harder difficulty)?
This is a joke post.

My real question is what do you think will make the A.I. harder on the harder difficulty levels? or will they be the same and limit Sam of his weaponry and health stations?
What will hardest difficulty be like for the stealthy people AND even more so, the gunho(is that right?)people?
I am just wondering about the different difficulty levels.

Terrax213
11-18-2004, 08:53 AM
Well to answer the joke question, the dogs **** well better smell Sam lol ... the Shanghai devs kinda overlooked that in SC:PT. It was pathetic that you could just hide behind a slab of sheet metal while a rottweiler pranced right past http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

To answer the real question ... That would be really nice to have smarter AI as you go to harder levels. There was no point in changing the difficulty setting on the first 2 if you played stealthy ... I think basically choosing hard over normal only gave the player more initiative to be stealthy instead of increasing the challenge.

koolerking
11-18-2004, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nightmarecast24:
*opens a n00b's book o questions*
AH! Here we are...... I have a question.
Do you think the gaurds will be able to smell Sam? or just feel his presence(maybe on a harder difficulty)?
This is a joke post.

My real question is what do you think will make the A.I. harder on the harder difficulty levels? or will they be the same and limit Sam of his weaponry and health stations?
What will hardest difficulty be like for the stealthy people AND even more so, the gunho(is that right?)people?
I am just wondering about the different difficulty levels. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well well well, *opens n00bs book o answers* why yes the will be able to smell the scented soapsuds from his morning bath.

and as for the real question. I think smarter guards, like if you chucked a bottle to make a distraction, they would know that the bottle had to come from somewhere and judging by the spread of the glass could come to the conclusion of where it was thrown. so just over all smarter guards.

f16cxv
11-18-2004, 10:53 AM
intresting...

PhilosopherCop
11-18-2004, 01:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scworld:
He is right. Guards now really SEE. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good