PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Morale System

Marcusml333
05-13-2005, 06:52 AM

AMETANOHTOS
05-13-2005, 07:14 AM
I voted for the HMMIV system. It was a good system. It was not defining only speed- it also granted bonus on the damage afflicted by the high morale creature (+25% I think)

Monsterrr77
05-13-2005, 09:14 AM
2 suggestions:

1. make morale bonuses unlimited. cause in multiplayer game it's not effective to learn leadership skill. it's better before final battle to rise morale to maximum by visiting buildings or with artifact help.

2. remove artifact which negates all morale bonuses for owner and opponent. this 1 lvl(!!!) artifact was another big reason to not learn leadership

Secret_Holder
05-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Monsterrr77:
2 suggestions:

1. make morale bonuses unlimited. cause in multiplayer game it's not effective to learn leadership skill. it's better before final battle to rise morale to maximum by visiting buildings or with artifact help.

2. remove artifact which negates all morale bonuses for owner and opponent. this 1 lvl(!!!) artifact was another big reason to not learn leadership

Ia agree with you on 2. Artifacts like Spirit of Opression should be removed, one can say it serves no other purpose than being really annoying. (For me at least).

KingImp
05-13-2005, 11:35 AM
This is a hard one for me. On one hand, I loved it whenI got the morale bonus in H3 and got to reach and attack when I didn't think I could, but on the other hand got really annoyed when the AI kept getting it.

If I had to choose one over the other though, I'd have to go with the H4 method.

phoenixzs
05-13-2005, 03:33 PM
I for my self liked Heroes 3 system.I didnt liked the Heroes 4 system since it was too dominant over initative.I would prefer something between that series, okay having good morale is something for initiative but not every thing.I would rather see some bonus move from time to time beside a slight boost in itiative.

PaladinOfMM
05-14-2005, 02:32 AM
I vote for Heroes IV style. Somehow I think it makes more sense whereby with higher morale, the stack got to move earlier than the low morale troops. Higher morale boosting more damage dealt in melee/range makes sense too.

The Heroes I-III style is quite cheating even though maximum a stack can gain 1 time of high morale movement per round because that would be nearly double the damage/movement/action which the opponent would feel cheated somehow when this opponent tends to get more chances in high moral than him.

Heroine_LL
05-16-2005, 11:14 AM
I think it both makes sense, high morale makes you move first or gives extra attack.
Since H4 morale also deals more damage I vote for this one. And that's a first..