PDA

View Full Version : So do 360 owners get FREE map packs next?

AJ-in-JAX
06-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Just found out that not only do PS3 owners get exclusive maps with their game but they're going to be getting them for free.

I'd be nice if all us 360 owners, after just shelling out $10 for new maps, got the next map pack for free.

marcdinkel
06-15-2007, 02:11 PM
That was a consolation since they released the PS3 version so much later than the 360.

Mr.Hanky2005
06-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I think that article was misunderstood about them being exclusive. I think they ment that they were exclusive as in they are already on the disc.

lockload
06-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by AJ-in-JAX:
Just found out that not only do PS3 owners get exclusive maps with their game but they're going to be getting them for free.

I'd be nice if all us 360 owners, after just shelling out $10 for new maps, got the next map pack for free.

Id say 360 owners having the game for the last 7 months i a good enough deal wouldnt you?

Ubisoft have to give something to the PS3 guys for such a delay..

vomitTHEsoul
06-16-2007, 06:44 PM
ide say owning the game 7 months longer means nothing.ps3 is a year behind 360.its bs they are just trying to get all the socom homos to switch over.we have already paid for the map pack. they just forgot to iclude it in the red pack download.im sure this mistake wont be over looked much longer

OverlyXSV
06-18-2007, 09:43 AM
agree ^^^^^^

Kagnaroo711
06-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Ubisoft have to give something to the PS3 guys for such a delay..

lol more like Sony should have given developers an easier console to work with.

Oh well.

XxMistaMADDxX
06-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Realistically, I bet Sony is dishing out the money for this.

They are in such deep dog (expletive) that they probably are having to offer up incetives for their games. It doesn't make any sense, because I'm sure Sony would want the DLC. It's more money for them, but for them not offer it means to me that Sony MUST be paying for it.

RawKryptonite
06-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Hanky2005:
I think that article was misunderstood about them being exclusive. I think they ment that they were exclusive as in they are already on the disc.

That's my take on it as well.
Hope these come out before AA. This month would be nice, I won some points from that GRAW2 DLC weekend that have to be spent this month.

MeanMF
06-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by RawKryptonite:
I won some points from that GRAW2 DLC weekend that have to be spent this month.
You too? I wonder if everybody who actually bought the pack won the contest by default.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

RawKryptonite
06-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Don't know, but just about everyone I know that registered won points or a shirt, 1 got the gift certificate. Could be that not many knew about it to register.

venomshot629
06-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by XxMistaMADDxX:
Realistically, I bet Sony is dishing out the money for this.

They are in such deep dog (expletive) that they probably are having to offer up incetives for their games. It doesn't make any sense, because I'm sure Sony would want the DLC. It's more money for them, but for them not offer it means to me that Sony MUST be paying for it.

They gotta do everything they can to get SOME sort of exclusive; 360 is taking everything, Microsoft just secured the GTA IV Episodic content as a TRUE exclusive, a.k.a. there will be no GTA episodic content or additional missions whatsoever on any other systems besides the Xbox 360.

MeanMF
06-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by RawKryptonite:
just about everyone I know that registered won points or a shirt, 1 got the gift certificate.
Yeah.. I just wish the points had a longer expiration date...But I'm not going to complain - you sure can't beat the price!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I'm going to at least wait and see what next week's arcade title is before I start spending though.

RawKryptonite
06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I got mad tracks and worms, fun little games.

winning_formula
06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by venomshot629:

Microsoft just secured the GTA IV Episodic content as a TRUE exclusive, a.k.a. there will be no GTA episodic content or additional missions whatsoever on any other systems besides the Xbox 360.

Yep and apparently they payed 50 million for it or something along those lines. I'm no fanboy of any console but a company doesn't need to be in deep trouble to throw a little money towards a publisher for a little extra. I'm sure Microsoft gave a little something something to Capcom for Devil May Cry 4 to go multi platform.

Hengist_
06-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Of course it couldn't be anything to do with Micorsoft's stated policy of wanting developers/publishers to charge for download content, in order to set a precedent where users become familiar and accept that they will have to pay for DLC, despite some developers saying that they want to give it away for free?

Some developers have even refused to put content on the market place because Microshaft want them to charge for it, and they are purposely holding it back.