PDA

View Full Version : CMXI Buggs' List

ForrestGT
11-18-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi u all,

why don't we just put all the "buggs" encounterd in CMXI in the same unique post. It would be more practical to the devs to list them out.
And may be one of the moderators wants to make this post sticky.

The buggs I found so far:

-The absence of the Anti-Aliasing feature in the setting menu.
-The "desapearing" of the promoted pieces.

The 2 have been already discussed in previous posts.

tkx.

diskamyl
11-18-2007, 01:11 PM
ok, this is a good idea. here's a copy and paste from the "set up game bug":

now I want to make things as clear as possible, going step by step.

1)I opened up fritz, and from a game, I copied this FEN:

r1bq1r2/pp1p1ppk/3Qpn2/2p3B1/1nP5/2N2N2/PP3PPP/R4RK1 b - - 0 12

Now, in this position, you'll see it's black's turn to move. Ok.

2) I opened CM11, opened play/training mode, then clicked on Edit/Forsythe Board Position.

3) I clicked Game/Set up Game. I as default, "played from the bottom," which was initially white. Than, I chose the black side as the CM personality Alhekine, and set the Time controls as "30 seconds to move". then clicked OK.

4)now, the position is infront of me, as Alhekine is my opponents as black, and I'm White. the first problem is: although it's black to move in the FEN and Alhekine has only 30 seconds to move, it rejects to move, and his clock doesn't start ticking.

second problem, is that I, as white, can make a move! it's illegal in the position, but yet, I moved my knight to e5. Now, third problem: CM11 displays the move in the Game status as 12... Ne5! (it thinks it was black who moved). then, Alhekine who is black, in 30 seconds, moves the pawn to b6!, and the Game status displays this move as 13.b6 (like it was White's moves, but it was blacks')

this is the a variant of my problem. the second variant seems to be worse:

let's pick another FEN where it's black to move again.

Here's the FEN:

1r2r1k1/4Rpbp/p2P2p1/8/Np2n3/2p4P/PP4PB/3R1K2 b - - 0 1

as you see, it's black to move again. Now the same steps, go to CM11, edit/paste/Forsythe Board Position. then, Game/Set up game/ I play from the bottom again, but this time I'm BLACK, and this time let's choose Capablanca for variety as the opponent, and as WHITE. and choose the time controls 20 seconds to move. then click OK.

now, I see the position in front of me, where I have the black pieces in the bottom, Capablanca has the white pieces, but this time NEITHER side can move any piece! I simply can't move any black pieces. and when I try to move the white pieces (although I know they're not mine), they cannot move too.

I tried to be as clear as possible, I'm so sure that this is really a bug, and it's reproducible in ANY kind of FEN where it's black to move. hope this helps, and hope this will be solved in the next patch.

Ionut11
11-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Hello, diskamyl

The bug described above is fixed on Patch 1.2.0.
It will be available for download in a few days.
Thanks.

GMKnight
11-21-2007, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Ionut11:
Hello, diskamyl

Thanks. Posted Tue November 20 2007 18:21
Posted Tue November 20 2007 18:16
Yes please have skins that are compatible with Grand master edition posted on CMXI forum.And those on CMX forum please have user freindly instructions for steps in placing CMX skins to CMXI and CMXIskins to CMX . Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760105752/m/6291004016

diskamyl
11-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Ionut11:
Hello, diskamyl

Thanks.

glad to help. I hope that "dissappearing promoted pawn in replaying the games" also gets fixed. thanks.

diskamyl
11-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by GMKnight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ionut11:
Hello, diskamyl

Yes please have skins that are compatible with Grand master edition posted on CMXI forum.And those on CMX forum please have user freindly instructions for steps in placing CMX skins to CMXI and CMXIskins to CMX . Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760105752/m/6291004016 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this might do it:
go to this link: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760105752/m/2301092423

download the skins.
then unzip the files into the skin file which is wherever you have installed CM11 (by default, it's under c:\program files\ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition\Skin.

this method works for anything else in that page. I strongly recommend the user created 3d boardshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

likesforests
11-22-2007, 01:06 AM
I posted a similar thread not long ago:

1. (High) When I alt-tab away from CM11 while a video is running (perhaps to check a new e-mail) the audio stops. Worse, the video seems to rewind itself. This is unlike other multimedia players like Windows Media Player, Real Player, etc.

2. (Medium) When I paste a FEN/Forsythe position into CM11 where it's Black to move, CM11 believes it's White to move. For example, "r1bqkbnr/pp1ppppp/2n5/8/3NP3/8/PPP2PPP/RNBQKB1R b KQkq - 0 4"

3. (Low) When you copy a game as PGN w/ auto-annotations it includes non-printable ASCII characters like "˜ž¯³'"¨ ƒƒ�ƒƒ �������� ������ �������� �������� � ¦"�ª²"¤" which obviously don't look nice when I paste them into other programs and shouldn't be there.

4. (Medium) CM Personalities rated below 1000 such as Simon move instantly. A delay should be added so they play slower like a human, so we can practice using their thinking time to plan our own moves.

diskamyl
11-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by likesforests:
I posted a similar thread not long ago:

1. (High) When I alt-tab away from CM11 while a video is running (perhaps to check a new e-mail) the audio stops. Worse, the video seems to rewind itself. This is unlike other multimedia players like Windows Media Player, Real Player, etc.

2. (Medium) When I paste a FEN/Forsythe position into CM11 where it's Black to move, CM11 believes it's White to move. For example, "r1bqkbnr/pp1ppppp/2n5/8/3NP3/8/PPP2PPP/RNBQKB1R b KQkq - 0 4"

3. (Low) When you copy a game as PGN w/ auto-annotations it includes non-printable ASCII characters like "˜ž¯³'"¨ ƒƒ�ƒƒ �������� ������ �������� �������� � ¦"�ª²"¤" which obviously don't look nice when I paste them into other programs and shouldn't be there.

4. (Medium) CM Personalities rated below 1000 such as Simon move instantly. A delay should be added so they play slower like a human, so we can practice using their thinking time to plan our own moves.

likeforests, those ascii characters when you try to open a pgn edited by CM in another interface are probably those little diagrams attached to the annotation window. no other interface can support such feature, so I find it to be normal, and it shouldn't be considered a bug.

for No.4, I think it does not qualify for being a bug, but I think you're right. However, that instant moving of opponents can be also an interesting challenge. for example, I know I'm stronger than Max (rated 1588 in my computer), but when I play with him, his ultra-blitz style just makes an effect on me and I cannot help myself blitz too. Now I see him as a psychological barrier for my patience and concentration, and try to use his style to improve my weaknesses there.

likesforests
11-22-2007, 10:56 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">diskamyl> "no other interface can support such feature, so I find it to be normal"</span>

If no other interface can support them then the bug fix is simple. CMXI should not include the special characters when you select "copy". The point of "copy" is to move the game+annotations to another interface or even website.

Chessbase and Bookup support special graphical annotations, but when you "copy" a game+annotations it removes them because of course other interfaces and websites do not support them.

<span class="ev_code_GREY">diskamyl> "that instant moving of opponents can be also an interesting challenge."</span>

So adding an artificial delay to 100% of <1000 personalities would be great, adding such to only 85% of them would be even better. A key skill <1000 players need to learn is to think on their opponent's time. Good point that some opponents play very quickly and one also needs to learn not to get caught up by that. I like this refinement.

GMKnight
11-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by diskamyl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMKnight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ionut11:
Hello, diskamyl

Yes please have skins that are compatible with Grand master edition posted on CMXI forum.And those on CMX forum please have user freindly instructions for steps in placing CMX skins to CMXI and CMXIskins to CMX . Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760105752/m/6291004016 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this might do it:
go to this link: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760105752/m/2301092423

download the skins.
then unzip the files into the skin file which is wherever you have installed CM11 (by default, it's under c:\program files\ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition\Skin.

this method works for anything else in that page. I strongly recommend the user created 3d boardshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif no it does not, sorry I tried that with skess01 and the ones I metioned and only the casual3 was resolved(thank you willy...) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif So hopefully patch v1.02 when it comes out resolves this issue if not sooner http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

willy_297
11-23-2007, 01:36 AM
GM knight
Ubisoft can't make skins compatibles to both because interface in main menu is little different so the descriptions of icons are not centered; my skins from gm editions are both compatible but if u apply them in cmX u'll see the text descriptions of icons not centered.

For resolving this ubi need to release two skins
one for cmX and one for gm editions but i think they 'll not do because skins for gm are for gm
and they stooped to devellop cmX.

Another point is that there's more options in the shortcut bar in online mode(cc games etc...) and i haven't add them yet.
So i ll released the skins from cmX but i don't plain to do it for skess.

For the moment i have make blue,expert2 & casual3 i have also updated them but need to fix a point before to post them.

And for bugs the major point is online:
problems of ranking at the end of a game
when ask for rematch don't see the new clear board(stay on the precedent game)
finally i don't sure it's because opponent haven't open his ports but sometimes can't join or defied a game created by some users.

Ionut11
11-23-2007, 03:30 AM
The reply was related to the bug described by diskamyl(the "set up game bug").
The "desapearing" of the promoted pieces bug is also fixed on Patch 1.2.0.
Thanks for the feedback diskamyl.

mclane1966
11-24-2007, 04:41 AM
can ubi software or the programmers make it possible to let the customers make the THINKING LINES windows available when a tournament is running in CM ?
e.g. one wants to let CM run against several foreign engines, installes as winboard engines in CM.
now the tournament begins.
but there is no thinking-line windows choosable to watch the main lines and search depths of the engines.

Also can it made possible that the tournament runs automatically and not asking the user after each game to start the next game ?

this way testing in CM GUI would be much easier and more interesting. thanks.

poulpe
11-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Is this bug going to be solved, too?
I mean: CM XI is stuck in "Would you like to know more about Piece Value?", then I click "Start tutorial" then it goes again to Page 10 of 20.
So, I have to leave the "Assisted Mode".
It's not really a problem but, each time I log, the page 10 of 20 (Piece value) starts again...

Ionut11
11-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Is this bug going to be solved, too?
I mean: CM XI is stuck in "Would you like to know more about Piece Value?", then I click "Start tutorial" then it goes again to Page 10 of 20.
So, I have to leave the "Assisted Mode".
It's not really a problem but, each time I log, the page 10 of 20 (Piece value) starts again...

This bug will be fixed too in Patch 1.2.0.

CheckingTurtle
11-26-2007, 03:26 AM
What about all these things I noticed during the new tutorial? Are they going to be fixed in the next patch?

All that with version 1.1.0 of CM Grandmaster Edition.

Waitzkin vs Dave Arnett
(Page 12 of 36)
Pawn on e7 isn't reset after demonstrating move Bc4xf7+
(Page 32 of 36)
Josh can't complete the last sentence. Tutorial moves on to page 33 and breaks in on Josh at "he can maint..."

Waitzkin vs Jeff Sarwer
Maybe the board should be flipped by default so that the black pieces are at the bottom to see the game with Joshs eyes.
(Page 17 of 111)
Josh is saying more than written in text box. Abnormal pause in speech.
(Page 20 of 111)
Was it intended to let the user make a move here between "... you see mate in 1, right?" and "Good move..."?
(Page 43 of 111)
No or very small pause between Josh saying "What would you do?" and "Here White's position is better."
In the text there is a blank missing between these two sentences.
(Page 48 of 111)
Seems to repeat contents of page 47 in some way!?
(Page 102 of 111)
Bad synchonization between speech and showing that on the board.
(Page 103 of 111)
Tutorial jumps to page 104 ("Ok you didn't see it") even if I found the right square.

Waitzkin vs Michael Granne
(Page 2 of 24)
Showing the pieces Josh is speaking about on the board is too fast. This square highlighting is visible just for a half second and not synchron with the speech.

Waitzkin vs Eric Budish
(page 27 of 66)
Text says: "Black to move, what would you do here?", but Josh doesn't say it and the tutorial doesn't give the option to move a piece. You can just click "Next".
(page 63 of 66)
Situation on the board isn't what Josh and the text is saying.

Other errors:
For example: Copy the board position at page 15 of 24 (Waitzkin vs Michael Granne) as "Forsythe board position" and then go to "Main Menu" (Start Screen) and select "Set up position". Click Cancel on that child window and paste the board position to the game.
Now it isn't possible to analyse the position in any way. The "Advice" (60s) doesn't work and "mentor lines" also doesn't bring any results. Analyse or Mentor Lines seems to work only for one side.

regards,
CheckingTurtle

Undefdisfigure
11-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Wow they did make a mess this time didn't they. I guess I'm lucky with the offline play because I didn't encounter any bugs. But online there are definitely some. I'm more angry about another one of Ubi's games which would be great if I could play online. The thing keeps screwing up when I try to play multiplayer online. The game I am talking about is Heroes of Might and Magic 5.