PDA

View Full Version : A Little Confused

Gordlonious
05-12-2010, 04:56 PM
sorry if this is discussed somewhere else on the forums but i couldn't find it.
So i just barely beat the Lumber Mill level on hunter first try and recieved some stealth challenge and the Perfect Hunter achievement. BUT i only had 49/50 stealth kills, how hoes that work, how did i get those achievements? I guess i don't know what is meant by "stealth kills." does anybody know exactly what they are?

SilencedScream0
05-12-2010, 05:03 PM
A stealth kill, from what I can tell, is one where you kill the person without them becoming suspicious of anything.

That includes thinking that they saw you, finding a body, hearing a silenced/unsilenced gunshot from nearby (even if they barely turn around - this happens a lot in M&E), a light going out (seems to happen occasionally), or you setting off any sort of gadget that got someone's attention.

For 100% stealth kills, none of that can happen.

loopjd
05-12-2010, 05:03 PM
It's a kill where the enemy isn't alerted to your presence AT ALL. A non-stealth kill is when they know you're there, but it doesn't necessarily mean you've been detected, so you can still get the Perfect Hunter achievement without all stealth kills

DeafAtheist
05-12-2010, 05:07 PM
You can get the perfect hunter achievement even if you're detected as long as no reinforcements are called in any zone... that is if you are detected but you kill the guy that detected you immediately before he can call for reinforcements.

Gordlonious
05-12-2010, 05:09 PM
ah, makes sense, thanks guys! Dam the last level was seriously the only one where they turned on their flashlights...ugh thats depressing...i got the achievements tho so its all good.

coltcat
05-12-2010, 05:09 PM
hearing a silenced/unsilenced gunshot from nearby (even if they barely turn around - this happens a lot in M&E).

thats just what I was wondering too, thanks for this info.

damn, that will make it impossible to pass the russian embassy's recreation room with stealth kill.

TreFacTor
05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
It doesn't record them accurately, I just finished 3E on realistic, without any alerts, all hand to hand take downs (no weapons), no bodies found, no lights broken (the guards never even left their patrol routes) and it recorded each level about the same.

30 enemies killed
17 stealth kills
3 executions (I'm guessing the three guys I threw to their deaths)
23 hand to hand kills

maybe if you bash the enemy against something that doesn't count as a hand to hand kill???