PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor beta (demo) finally available on the 360

EscoBlades
07-21-2010, 08:11 AM
For those of you who have beta codes and have been waiting to redeem them for the 360 version, you can now do so.

Feel free to post your thoughts on it here. I did a little write up myself which can be found HERE! (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/2lau6t)

scarlet7
07-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Thank you SO much for the update on this! I've been waiting forever for the beta. I'm hoping that the movement and shooting mechanism is much less clunky than in Airborne.

Arumi
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
It's definitely fun, though it looks suspiciously a lot like Battlefield. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Also not a huge fan of the "Uber-Death-Lag", as I've come to call it... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

mcmax3000
07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Big thanks to Esco for hooking me up with an extra code.

That said, as much as I love Bad Company 2, this game needs some serious polish.

The objectives weren't really clear.

There were hiccups every time I died (Beta for a reason though so I'll give them a pass on that for now).

And the spawn system kind of sucked. You could pick to spawn on your teammates but you couldn't pick what teammate you were spawning on so most of the time I was spawning in the middle of a firefight (instant death) or my favourite was the couple of times when I spawned behind a ******* that was running into a wall.

Other option was to spawn at the base which was quite a hike to the objective.

I'll give it some more playtime before I pass my final judgement over whether or not it'll be worth looking at in the fall but my first impressions aren't overly positive.

scarlet7
07-23-2010, 06:25 PM
I finally entered my code and have been playing a lot of the beta. It's quite fun, even with though it freezes up on me often.

The funny thing is that today I got an email with another beta key but no one I have spoken with is interested in it so if anyone wants to check out the beta then feel free to PM me.

mcmax3000
07-23-2010, 06:45 PM
I think I'm going to try playing some more tonight to see if I can get more into it.

FatDyke
07-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Arumi:
"Uber-Death-Lag"

THIS.

Ninja Kn1ght
07-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Someone give me a code.

CrimsoniteX
07-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I am teh excited, now lets see if this game can hold me over until Black Ops...

EscoBlades
07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Ninja_Kn1ght:
Someone give me a code.

I'll hunt around and get you one....

H2oDigital
07-29-2010, 06:54 PM
It feels really clunky, running or knifing isn't as smooth as CoD. The explosions look so bad and the blast radius is about as big as a firecracker even on launchers or RPG's, every object in the game is bullet proof with the exception of wood, even tin barrels make perfect cover. The death-lag is annoying. but i do like that you can kill each other in a fire fight and that you don't need a perk to pick up extra ammo. Even with all these issues i've actually had fun playing the Beta, don't know if im picking up the game yet.