PDA

View Full Version : Stalemate

Lukenbecky
09-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Could anyone explain to me why when defending a base with 3 armys full of horse men one of the armys would flee my own base they defend saying "stalemate" ?

Checked instruction book but ofc nothing in there about it.

Chris2010910
09-19-2010, 03:03 AM
your army will retreat when they start losing alot more losses than the attacking person..

Also if your defending army consists mainly of muskateers they will retreat to fill up on amunition

make sure you have equal to, or more soldiers than the attacking person

DataBeaver
09-19-2010, 11:55 PM
As far as I understand, this happens when any soldiers in the army can't attack anything for 15 seconds. Perhaps the battlefield was already so full with your other two armies that the cavaliers in the third were unable to get to any opponents?

Lukenbecky
09-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Well the idea that a army would retreat saying "Stalemate" becouse there loosing too many solders doesnt make much sence as a "stalemate" means to draw.

And a battle field can be full ? and nothing to attack ? So when it's too armys vs one army only one will fight and one does nothing ?

I always thought that all the armys would fight even if it was like 3v1 armys.

Ian520
09-20-2010, 11:09 PM
I believe what Databeaver said is probably correct. Sure its possible for 3 armies to contribute in a single battle. But if you watch battles closely you should notice that in many cases units get stuck behind other units. Especially when it comes to cavaliers and cannons. So for one of the 3 armies not to be able to reach the fight at all, particularly when using cavaliers, doesn't seem too surprising to me. And as such it seems reasonable that the devs would have put a stalemate timer in place incase any army is unable to get a single unit to the fight.

BB_foxbox
09-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Yep, Ian520 pretty much summed it up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
If you want to max out the number of units taking part in the combat you will have to send in an all melee army first and then bring in ranged support.
The overall result however will probably not change too much due to the combat damage formula.